One Of These Days I'm Going To Run Out

Bob La Londe

Nov 19, 2023, 6:05:54 PM11/19/23
I had thousands and thousands of them when I "retired." I was careless
with them often seemingly misplacing whole bags. Now as I need to do
some small repair or another and I have to go back to the stock shelf
where only a few bags remain I realize someday I am going to run out of
them.

Dolphin Super B.

--
Bob La Londe
CNC Molds N Stuff

www.avg.com

ABLE1

Nov 19, 2023, 7:59:31 PM11/19/23
On 11/19/2023 6:05 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> I had thousands and thousands of them when I "retired."  I was careless
> with them often seemingly misplacing whole bags.  Now as I need to do
> some small repair or another and I have to go back to the stock shelf
> where only a few bags remain I realize someday I am going to run out of
> them.
>
> Dolphin Super B.

I have a few piles of them as well..
Just found another bag of them yesterday!!!

Don't let the stock go away!! It will be a sad day!!

Bob La Londe

Nov 19, 2023, 8:00:01 PM11/19/23
On 11/19/2023 4:05 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> I had thousands and thousands of them when I "retired."  I was careless
> with them often seemingly misplacing whole bags.  Now as I need to do
> some small repair or another and I have to go back to the stock shelf
> where only a few bags remain I realize someday I am going to run out of
> them.
>
> Dolphin Super B.

Of course I have fewer of other things. Low current trigger relays,
Altronix power supply boards, etc.

Today I had to replace a solenoid valve that turns air on and off to an
air seal in a machine spindle. The solenoid took out the Altronix power
supply board I was using to hold it open. That's when I went to the box
of Super Bs and grabbed a couple loose ones.

As I look across my desk I see what appears to be an unused Super B
sitting amongst the pile of casting samples. I will carefully pluck it
out, and carry it to the box with the rest remaining as I shut down the
shop and head in for the night.

Bob La Londe

Nov 20, 2023, 8:25:09 PM11/20/23
BONUS DAY! You know that lonely B wire connector I found on my desk
yesterday. Well today I decided to clean off the secretary board on one
side and found a bag with 25 of them! I'm definitely walking that over
to the appropriate parts bin when I shut down the shop in a few minutes.

ABLE1

Nov 20, 2023, 9:25:48 PM11/20/23
On 11/20/2023 8:25 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 11/19/2023 5:59 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
>> On 11/19/2023 6:05 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>>> I had thousands and thousands of them when I "retired."  I was
>>> careless with them often seemingly misplacing whole bags.  Now as I
>>> need to do some small repair or another and I have to go back to the
>>> stock shelf where only a few bags remain I realize someday I am going
>>> to run out of them.
>>>
>>> Dolphin Super B.
>>>
>> I have a few piles of them as well..
>> Just found another bag of them yesterday!!!
>>
>> Don't let the stock go away!! It will be a sad day!!
>>

> BONUS DAY!  You know that lonely B wire connector I found on my desk
> yesterday.  Well today I decided to clean off the secretary board on one
> side and found a bag with 25 of them!  I'm definitely walking that over
> to the appropriate parts bin when I shut down the shop in a few minutes.

Congrats Bob!! You got's lucky!!
Make notes were you put them!! :-)

Bob La Londe

Dec 5, 2023, 6:38:58 PM12/5/23
On 11/19/2023 4:05 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> I had thousands and thousands of them when I "retired."  I was careless
> with them often seemingly misplacing whole bags.  Now as I need to do
> some small repair or another and I have to go back to the stock shelf
> where only a few bags remain I realize someday I am going to run out of
> them.
>
> Dolphin Super B.

Oh, yeah. The other thing is electrical tape. It was disposable back
in the day. I bought 20 or more rolls at a time, and there were always
two or three rolls hanging off my tool bag. Now, I watch the stock on
pegs back by the air compressor slowly dwindle.