"Well Hell Guys.."

RTS

Sep 21, 2022, 1:09:03 PM9/21/22
Yea,
it's even harder when the news group supplier, replaces a "blade"
HD and blocks all "write" service for 10 minutes..
(without telling anyone of the impact)
(and only allowing original post on this group not follow-up)
and my luck for trying to post at that same time.. 😉

I have to use 2 different N.G. programs anyway, one for regular mail
the other for yNec images..

Hine-sight, says it was a good thing, because what I wrote
wasn't worth posting anyway...
.
with all the government spying these days, it's not a really good idea
to talk weapons on an open forum anyway...

RTS (70+)
--

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*

--

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*

Bob La Londe

Sep 21, 2022, 2:09:10 PM9/21/22
On 9/21/2022 10:08 AM, RTS wrote:
> Yea,
> it's even harder when the news group supplier, replaces a "blade"
> HD and blocks all "write" service for 10 minutes..
> (without telling anyone of the impact)
> (and only allowing original post on this group not follow-up)
> and my luck for trying to post at that same time..  😉
>
> I have to use 2 different N.G. programs anyway,  one for regular mail
> the other for yNec images..
>
> Hine-sight, says it was a good thing, because what I wrote
> wasn't worth posting anyway...
> .
> with all the government spying these days, it's not a really good idea
> to talk weapons on an open forum anyway...
>
> RTS     (70+)

Thunderbird is decent for both a mail client and a news client. I think
Able uses it too.

I try to keep both AIOE and Eternal September accounts active on my news
client. They both work 95-99% of the time. When one is down the other
is almost always up. I get 99.999% news up time between the two.

Some of the newsgroups I used to read are all but dead. The last
non-spam post on ROFB was by me, and its old enough the message body no
longer loads. LOL. RCM still has a dozen semi active members and a
decent size number of lurkers & occasional posters. RMH is about the
same. Most of the people on SEJW are also on RCM and they only seem to
reply on RCM, so...

Most of the groups went to forums, and now to Facebook groups. Facebook
has made it so easy to create a group that they are prolific like
rabbits with no predators and hugely diluting the user base. Often they
are little cliques that just talk among themselves if at all.

www.avg.com

RTS

Sep 22, 2022, 1:14:39 PM9/22/22
We use the Thunderbird also, but with the last upgrade, things have
been a little screwy..
.
the other reader is a linux knock-off that's been modified to "mostly"
work on microsoft.. 😉
It does a good job of down-loads but has a run-away uploader.
Does all the ole stuff from "Agent" without all the hassle..
.
So let's see if this will post as a followup..

RTS

Sep 22, 2022, 1:17:34 PM9/22/22
Well we've worked out what happened..
The last update of Thunderbird, changed my setting at giganews to a
generic default...
Once I changed them back to the original giganews setting, it's now
working...
RTS

ABLE1

Sep 22, 2022, 4:16:18 PM9/22/22
Yes, I had problems as well after the update. Drove me a bit nuts!!
Well, that doesn't take much these days!!! Finally got it back to
what is was before.

I am always a bit nervous now when there is a new update..............

Les