Instant unlocker...

Items for Sale

Nov 19, 2007, 11:49:11 AM11/19/07
Has anyone tried this?

Looking at buying one.

Thanks for any feedback.

tourman

Nov 19, 2007, 12:03:58 PM11/19/07
On Nov 19, 11:49 am, "Items for Sale" <g_ib6ub92...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

RHC: Sir, before I reply, I have to tell you that what this gentleman
does is in direct competition with the unlocking services I also
offer. So you might want to consider my comments somewhat biased;
however, I can only tell you what I know and what I also hear.

What I KNOW is, I looked at this way of doing panel "unlocking" and
rejected it some years ago. It is quite high tech, but can pose a risk
to the dialers. The way it works is not "passive" in nature, but quite
the opposite. It forces the panel to do certain things in a way that
appears to pose a risk to the panel in some cases. What I also know is
it is quite expensive for each "unlocking", but does offer you the
advantage of not having to actually remove the clients locked boards
from in place.

What I have HEARD from some clients who send me boards is that it
doesn't always work.

This gentleman called me some time ago just as he was introducing the
product to see if I was interested. I made no sense to involve myself
with a methodology which I considered risky, as well as the fact that
it was somewhat limited in scope in that it wouldn't unlock all
versions of all DSC or Paradox boards. Other more reliable ways of
doing this are also far more comprehensive in nature. However, if you
don't want to stock replacement boards, this might be a solution for
you.

That is the extent of my knowledge of this product.

Jim

Nov 19, 2007, 12:34:03 PM11/19/07
On Nov 19, 12:03�pm, tourman <robercampb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 19, 11:49 am, "Items for Sale" <g_ib6ub92...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Has anyone tried this?
>
> > Looking at buying one.
>
> >http://www.instaunlocker.com

Robert, don't you think this is just spam from the "Unlocker" people?

Everyone here knows what the product is/isn't.

Dense Fog

Nov 19, 2007, 12:59:13 PM11/19/07
Items for Sale wrote:

>Has anyone tried this?
>
>Looking at buying one.
>

>http://www.instantspamunlocker.com
>

>Thanks for any feedback.

Here is one post that can be removed..

Frank Olson

Nov 19, 2007, 1:16:49 PM11/19/07
Items for Sale wrote:
> Has anyone tried this?
>
> Looking at buying one.

Don't.

Frank Olson

Nov 19, 2007, 1:20:43 PM11/19/07

But does Mark Sableman?? This sucker will unlock Brinks panels faster
than you can say "Brinks".

tourman

Nov 19, 2007, 2:24:55 PM11/19/07

RHC: Possibly you are correct. However, in the off chance it is a
legitimate enquiry, I thought I should post my thoughts on the
matter.

Note to Frank: this product only works with DSC, Paradox and Ademco
(to the limit it works at all). However, in case you weren't being
facetious Frank, it won't unlock Brinks panels...:))

Items for Sale

Nov 19, 2007, 2:33:19 PM11/19/07
Why remove it?
I am asking a question to see if it is worth buying.

"Dense Fog" <n@thank.s> wrote in message

thesbian

Nov 19, 2007, 3:06:13 PM11/19/07
how much are they?

Dense Fog

Nov 19, 2007, 6:02:22 PM11/19/07
Items for Sale wrote:

>Why remove it?
>I am asking a question to see if it is worth buying.

Looks like a spam sandwich, so I replied the way you did about spam
in: Message-ID: <Ycj0j.7835$Ji6.756@edtnps89>

Frank Olson

Nov 19, 2007, 8:55:51 PM11/19/07
tourman wrote:

> Note to Frank: this product only works with DSC, Paradox and Ademco
> (to the limit it works at all). However, in case you weren't being
> facetious Frank, it won't unlock Brinks panels...:))

Shhhhhhh!!!!! Most Brinks panels are "dumbed down" Ademco "Vista" 15's
or 20's.

Mark Leuck

Nov 19, 2007, 10:32:53 PM11/19/07

"tourman" <roberc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

On Nov 19, 12:34 pm, Jim <alarmi...@aol.com> wrote:

It's made by the same people who make Secure Wireless sensors, I imagine it
works well although as you said expensive per unlock however considering
that in my experience most companies use 1 or 2 installer codes it would be
worth it if a tech runs into the same companies like I did

One installer code from Ranger American for instance would get me into
hundreds of PC1500's when I did takeovers

Mark Leuck

Nov 19, 2007, 10:33:18 PM11/19/07
I'm sure it works, its up to you if its worth it

"Items for Sale" <g_ib6u...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Mark Leuck

Nov 19, 2007, 10:34:01 PM11/19/07

"thesbian" <s...@ma.lot> wrote in message

Jesus man the price is on the freaking website!

tourman

Nov 19, 2007, 11:29:13 PM11/19/07
On Nov 19, 8:55 pm, Frank Olson

RHC: I didn't know that ! That must send shivers up the spine of the
Brinks corporate types...hey, maybe we should all chip in and send one
to that turkey lawyer of theirs just for good measure.....:))

Roland Moore

Nov 20, 2007, 12:18:02 PM11/20/07
That might be dicey for Brinks. Since this is a product that exploits a
common weakness in a panel, and doesn't seem to involve publicly exposing
any of Brinks "trade secrets", and I don't know what legal angle Brinks
would use to try and stop it. Furthermore, since this is a going concern
with real lawyers it would be difficult to find a venue sympathetic enough
to Brinks to guaranty a win for Brinks. Kicking Jim's ass for giggles is
easy enough, shutting down the unlocker would require some real legal work.
I suspect that undertaking and its expense would get some heavy scrutiny
from Brinks' management. I think Brinks would have to be really feeling it
in the wallet to go after them. I don't think the unlocker actually mentions
that it works on Brinks stuff, even if it actually does. I think every one
is for keeping the status quo until the numbers start to change. It would
be intersting if the unlocker boys wanted to use Jim as a proxy to see how
the law would come down on this issue. I don't think the unlocker is setting
any sales records at this time, so I don't think that would ever happen.

"tourman" <roberc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Mark Leuck

Nov 20, 2007, 1:19:09 AM11/20/07

"tourman" <roberc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

It was a joke, even tho Honeywell makes it the panel is a different design
from Vista panels

Nick Markowitz Jr.

Nov 20, 2007, 6:03:30 AM11/20/07
I have sevral ademco high end panels I wish could be unlocked jim is having problems so far getting them to do so

thesbian

Nov 20, 2007, 7:29:31 AM11/20/07
thank you, my son. but you you may call me father.

tourman

Nov 20, 2007, 8:46:40 AM11/20/07
On Nov 20, 6:03 am, "Nick Markowitz Jr." <nick-markow...@verizon.net>
wrote:

> I have sevral ademco high end panels I wish could be unlocked jim is having problems so far getting them to do so
> "Items for Sale" <g_ib6ub92...@hotmail.com> wrote in messagenews:b8j0j.7833$Ji6.4170@edtnps89...

> Has anyone tried this?
>
> Looking at buying one.
>
> http://www.instantunlocker.com
>
> Thanks for any feedback.

RHC: I would be cautious about buying this unit simply to unlock
certain boards that Jim Rojas is having trouble with. I have to be
careful here about what I say, because it may well be interpreted as
"sour grapes" since this unit competes in a limited way with my
unlocking activities. If Jim cannot unlock certain of your boards,
there is something else going on, and it is possible that the boards
have been damaged. I often get boards within a shipment that will not
respond to the methodologies that are common to both Jim and I, and
which we use to unlock the boards. I can tell you with 100% certainty
that it has nothing to do with our not being able to gain access to
the panel. It's far more likely they have been damaged in some
fashion, perhaps through lightning strike or something of that nature.

If you buy the Unlocker, and use it, and it doesn't work because the
panel has been damaged, you will spend $29.95 each time you try, since
the unit will count down with each use. I strongly suggest you allow
Jim to continue to do what he does unless you have other uses for this
product.

Frank Olson

Nov 20, 2007, 9:43:24 AM11/20/07

Personally, the whole issue of "unlocking boards" is a bit dicey. I've
not had a single customer complain on a takeover when they've had to
absorb the cost of a new board (usually under $50.00). In the rare
instance where I could employ an unlocking service, why would I want to?
I'd rather replace the board with a new one anyway. One property
manager we deal with can't stand ADT. Take-overs of those systems are
pretty easy because they want everything badged with ADT removed anyway.
On some of the more sophisticated Ademco boards (where access control
might factor in), it's usually pretty simple to get into programming.
I've never found one of these actually locked out.

tourman

Nov 20, 2007, 10:19:36 AM11/20/07
On Nov 20, 9:43 am, Frank Olson

RHC: Well, with ADT, they use Ademco products pretty well standard
here in Canada other than when they used DSC products for a period of
time (I don't believe they still do). I've never come across an ADT
panel of any make that was locked and I takeover a lot of them from
unhappy clients. Locking boards seems to be the domain of the small
companies as well as those in the "free system" market (a quite
legitimate use for this feature IMO since the client doesn't own the
board)

The vast majority of boards I get to unlock are from small and medium
companies who save them up and send them to me in bulk for the
discounted price. They in turn are taking over systems usually
installed by some "little guy" who in most cases either doesn't give a
damn about who owns the board or simply does it because he perceives
it as giving him some protection from other companies. Others are from
homeowners who move into a new home and find themselves with a useless
panel (either the installing company is no longer in existence, or
only offers service at an excessive price). Other big companies don't
seem to do this either, since their contracts pretty well protect them
against hostile moves from other companies (in the rare cases where
this actually happens). The vast majority of boards that I get are DSC
and Paradox panels, which still are a decent deal for $15 to unlock a
board which costs $60. The other instances where it is worth doing are
when doing takeovers of locked and no longer available DSC 1550's,
2550's and 3000's. Often the company coming in cannot find these
older boards anymore, and would lose the takeover if they had to
replace the board and the older keypads even at their cost. I often
get calls from companies asking me if I have any of these older boards
for sale. I suspect that is also where the Unlocker is finding it's
market !

Now that most of the actual business activities have been transferred
to my son, I have loads of time on my hands. I have been thinking of
emailing the list of 2500 alarm companies here in Canada, but so far
haven't done so , since this could easily be misinterpreted as spam.
Also, I really don't know what sort of flood of business this might
release.There is a market for this service here in Canada, but it is
not large, and is quite "selective" in nature. Jim on the other hand,
with a market of 300 million people to cater too, and since he
services all makes of panels, could actually make a fair buck at
it.....

Just Looking

Nov 20, 2007, 2:24:28 PM11/20/07
> RHC: Well, with ADT, they use Ademco products pretty well standard
> here in Canada other than when they used DSC products for a period of
> time (I don't believe they still do).

Since TYCO owns ADT & DSC, I wonder why they support Honeywell?
It doesn't make any sense.

"tourman" <roberc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

tourman

Nov 20, 2007, 3:20:28 PM11/20/07
RHC: Hey, who knows...its a HUGE company !! The left hand doesn't know
what the right hand is doing and the middle is sound asleep !! Nothing
surprises me with these guys.....

(...and yes, I'm still a small and unwilling third party ADT
dealer.....)

Nick Markowitz Jr.

Nov 20, 2007, 5:49:18 PM11/20/07
There vista 128fb and vista 32fb unlocker would not work any way and i
personally pulled boards and nothing was wrong with them jim says he can not
unlock them

"tourman" <roberc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

tourman

Nov 20, 2007, 6:58:09 PM11/20/07
On Nov 20, 5:49 pm, "Nick Markowitz Jr." <nick-markow...@verizon.net>
wrote:

> There vista 128fb and vista 32fb unlocker would not work any way and i
> personally pulled boards and nothing was wrong with them jim says he can not
> unlock them

RHC: Nick, I am genuinely surprised to hear that knowing in theory
anyway how it's done with Ademco products. But since I don't actively
unlock Ademco boards, I guess there must be something about these two
models that Jim knows that I don't,and which prevents it. All of the
various processes used to do this sort of thing ARE somewhat
"experimental" in nature

First time I've heard that one though....

Nick Markowitz Jr.

Nov 20, 2007, 7:07:58 PM11/20/07
Jim claims the 32 and 128 i sent him will not unlock

"Nick Markowitz Jr." <nick-ma...@verizon.net> wrote in message

tourman

Nov 20, 2007, 7:52:56 PM11/20/07
On Nov 20, 7:07 pm, "Nick Markowitz Jr." <nick-markow...@verizon.net>
wrote:

> Jim claims the 32 and 128 i sent him will not unlock

RHC; Well if he says it can't be done for some reason, then I suggest
you throw them away. Over the years, I have seen several DSC boards
that wouldn't respond to anything I could do, but they turned out to
be defective anyway, so it was no big loss. Lightning strikes will do
some really weird things to panels such that they simply won't respond
in any kind of normal fashion any more......

Mark Leuck

Nov 20, 2007, 10:27:28 PM11/20/07

"Just Looking" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> > RHC: Well, with ADT, they use Ademco products pretty well standard
> > here in Canada other than when they used DSC products for a period of
> > time (I don't believe they still do).
>
> Since TYCO owns ADT & DSC, I wonder why they support Honeywell?
> It doesn't make any sense.

DSC doesn't have the production capacity that Honeywell has, thats why

Jean-Paul

Oct 28, 2022, 3:00:39 PM10/28/22
(installer for 20 years) we have one and it works. only problem now is that this product has disappeared entirely from the market. i personally think it upset too many important people so now we can't buy the unlock credits.

--
For full context, visit https://forums.cabling-design.com/security-physical/instant-unlocker-39260-.htm