PR: Bosch CCTV Now Online at Bass Burglar Alarms

Robert L Bass

Apr 10, 2007, 10:35:57 PM4/10/07
We have added the Bosch line of video surveillance
products to our website. As time allows we plan to
add the following manufacturers over the next few
months:

AG Neovo, Anchor Audio, APC, Apollo, APW Racks,
Audio-Technica, Avermedia, AWID, Axis, Azden,
Black Box, Blonder Tongue, Box Light, Bretford,
B-Tron, BTX, Comprehensive, Corning, Da-Lite,
Delta Design, Digital Watchdog, Rl Drake Co, DSI,
Dukane, Elextronic Security, Eurobex, Fire King,
FLIR, FM Systems, Focus Enhancements, Imagevault,
Infocus, Integral Technologies, Kinyo, Knox, Kowa,
Kramer, Labor Saving Devices, Leightronix, Lg
Commercial, Listen, Mackie, Marantz, MDI, Meridian
Technologies, Messoa, Micon, Minuteman, Mobotix,
NRG, Pan Pacific, Pentax, Pico Macom, Porta Brace,
Quantegy, Rhino, Rosslare Security, Se-Kure, Sun
Surveillance, Transtector Systems, Vicon, Videotec,
Videotek, Vmp, Winland Electric, Winsted

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics
941-925-8650
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota · Florida · 34233
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
=============================>

Robert L Bass.vcf

Roland Moore

Apr 10, 2007, 11:52:30 PM4/10/07
The IP stuff and the whole BVIP line too?

"Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote in message

Robert L Bass

Apr 11, 2007, 7:53:21 AM4/11/07
> The IP stuff and the whole BVIP line too?

Not yet. They may be reserving those to specific dealers. I've got a ton of work to do filling in the descriptions and
specifications for the standard video (Envirodome, Autodome, etc.). I'll check on availability of IP video.

Roland Moore

Apr 11, 2007, 9:12:15 AM4/11/07
>(Envirodome, Autodome, etc.).

Don't bother to post anything on the G3 domes. They're not making those
anymore. It is only the G4 now. Unfortunately the G4 doesn't yet have the
auto track feature. That is due out sometime between now and October. God
Bless those Bosch engineers. Anything that sells well gets delayed, recalled
or end of lifed.

"Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote in message

Robert L Bass

Apr 11, 2007, 11:53:58 AM4/11/07
> Don't bother to post anything on
> the G3 domes...

There's a lot of work to do. I added a few of the Bosch IP cameras today.
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/bosch_ip_cameras_1873_ctg.htm

GROUP MODERATOR

Apr 11, 2007, 12:04:21 PM4/11/07

"Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarm> wrote in message

>> Don't bother to post anything on
>> the G3 domes...
>
> There's a lot of work to do. I added a few of the Bosch IP cameras
> >today.

like anyone here gives a shiite. I bet they might care over at
alt.security.doityourself, you moron.

J. <jsloud2001

Apr 11, 2007, 5:38:02 PM4/11/07

Robert,

I'm curious as to how you are buying some of these products for resale
via an online store to end users. At least a few of the products
listed below are normally only sold to certified dealers who pay for
the training and certification associated with the products. By
selling directly to the end user (or trunkslammer), you seem to bypass
this requirement. Are you dealing directly with the manufacturers?

Roland

Apr 11, 2007, 6:07:10 PM4/11/07
You know he isn't going to tell you about any special deals. As far as
training requirement for dealers goes, that is just to make sure the Bosch
tech support department isn't overloaded. The Reps get reports of the amount
of tech time each dealer consumes versus product purchases as a function of
whether or not they stay on the roster as a dealer. For RLB it's great for
Bosch. If one of his customers calls up for help they will never get through
to consume any tech time. It's pure profit for Bosch. They probably love him
(but tell us they hate him).

"J. @netscape.net>" <jsloud2001<removeme> wrote in message

Robert L Bass

Apr 11, 2007, 10:17:08 PM4/11/07
> If one of his customers calls up for help...

I handle my own tech support. If I don't know the
answer I call the manufacturer's tech support and
then call my client back.

You're right that I won't tell him what deals I have
with any manufacturers. Why should I? He can
make his own deal just as good if he buys enough
hardware.

Jim

Apr 11, 2007, 11:06:14 PM4/11/07
On Apr 10, 9:35�pm, "Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms>
wrote:

> We have added the Bosch line of video surveillance
> products to our website.  As time allows we plan to
> add the following manufacturers over the next few
> months:

> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

The following is the horrendous report from the Better Business Bureau
on the above company.

It would seem that the wise thing to do would be to avoid doing
business with them.

http://www.bbbwestflorida.org/commonreport.html?bid=41001663

BBB Reliability Report

The Better Business Bureau�
Serving Florida's West Coast
P.O. Box 7950
Clearwater, FL 33758-7950
(727) 535-5522 (24 Hours)
www.bbbwestflorida.org

Bass Burglar Alarms
4883 Fallcrest Cir
Sarasota, FL 34233-2265
Telephone: (941) 866-1100
Fax: (941) 894-0448
www.bassburglaralarms.com

The BBB reports on members and non-members. If a company is a member
of the BBB, it is stated in this report
BBB Definition:

report - A summary of activity reflected in a company's BBB file.
Includes basic business background, BBB membership information, and
Bureau complaint activity over the previous three years. Also reports
may include any known government actions, advertising issues or other
information that results from activity conducted by the BBB.

Principal: Mr. Robert L Bass, Owner
Customer Contact: Mr. Robert L Bass, Owner - (941) 925-9747
File Open Date: June 2002
TOB Classification: Electric Equipment-Service & Repair, Fire Alarm
Systems, Security Control Equipment, Sys/Monitor
BBB Membership: This company is not a member.

Additional DBA Names
Bass Home Electronics

Customer Experience
Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record
BBB Definition:

unsatisfactory record - A company has an "unsatisfactory business
performance record" with the Bureau is based on the experiences
reflected in BBB files. This file condition results when the company
has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to
respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the
underlying issues for a pattern
BBB Definition:

pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations
usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the
company's size and volume of business.

of complaints, failed to honor their commitment to mediate or
arbitrate disputes or honor mediated agreements or arbitrated
decisions, failed to substantiate, modify or discontinue false
advertising claims that are challenged by the BBB, or failed to
discontinue unauthorized use of the BBB name and logo, a Federally
protected trademark.

with the Bureau due to unanswered complaints. The company has
resolved
BBB Definition:

resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

some complaints presented by the Bureau, however, the Bureau did not
receive a response to other complaints
BBB Definition:

other complaints - This refers to complaints from individuals or
businesses that do not fall under a specific category.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the
company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the
nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more
important than the number of complaints.

The Bureau processed a total of 28 complaints about this company in
the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 28
complaints closed in 36 months, 9 were closed in the last year.

Delivery Issues
BBB Definition:

Delivery Issues - Claims alleging delayed delivery of ordered
merchandise.

Resolved
BBB Definition:

Resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

9 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer
acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.
1 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed
to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.
No Response
BBB Definition:

No Response - The company failed to respond to the complaint.

4 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address
the complaint issues.

Customer Service Issues
BBB Definition:

Service Issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service,
failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided
service, or damaged merchandise as a result of delivery service.

BBB Definition:

Customer Service Issues - Claims alleging unsatisfactory customer
service, including personnel's failure to provide assistance in a
timely manner, failure to address or respond to customer
dissatisfaction, unavailability for customer support, and/or
inappropriate behavior or attitude exhibited by company staff.

Resolved
BBB Definition:

Resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

1 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer
failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.
No Response
BBB Definition:

No Response - The company failed to respond to the complaint.

1 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address
the complaint issues.

Product Issues
BBB Definition:

Product Issues - Claim alleging a product does not meet the
expectations of the complainant, including defective merchandise.

No Response
BBB Definition:

No Response - The company failed to respond to the complaint.

2 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address
the complaint issues.

Refund or Exchange Issues
BBB Definition:

Refund or Exchange Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor
company policy or verbal commitment to provide refunds, exchanges, or
credit for products or services.

Resolved
BBB Definition:

Resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

6 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer
acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.
2 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed
to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.
No Response
BBB Definition:

No Response - The company failed to respond to the complaint.

1 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address
the complaint issues.

Issue Not Defined
No Response
BBB Definition:

No Response - The company failed to respond to the complaint.

1 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address
the complaint issues.

Additional Addresses, Telephone Numbers, Fax Numbers, and Web
Addresses

Additional Addresses
2291 Pine View Cir
Sarasota, FL 34231-6929

Additional Phone Numbers
Tel: (941) 925-9747
Tel: (877) 722-8900
Tel: (941) 921-3167

Additional Fax Numbers
Fax: (941) 925-9747

Additional Web Addresses
www.home-automation.us.com
www.security-alarm-systems.us

Industry Tips

Safe & Sound: Securing Your Home
Home Fire Protection
Report as of April 11, 2007
Copyright� 2007 Better Business Bureau�, Inc.

If you choose to do business with this company, please let the company
know that you contacted the Better Business Bureau for a report.

BBB reports may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.

The information in this report has either been provided by the company
or has been compiled by the Bureau from other reliable sources.

Mark Leuck

Apr 11, 2007, 11:34:40 PM4/11/07
Thats an easy answer, he just buys them from his distributor

Milhouse Van Houten

Apr 11, 2007, 11:37:17 PM4/11/07
Robert L Bass wrote:

>I handle my own tech support. If I don't know the
>answer I call the manufacturer's tech support and
>then call my client back.

That won't fly....

Bet me?

Mark Leuck

Apr 12, 2007, 12:44:50 AM4/12/07

"Milhouse Van Houten" <no...@this.time> wrote in message

Why wouldn't it fly? I imagine thats the only way he could do it since they
won't talk directly to his customers

Milhouse Van Houten

Apr 12, 2007, 1:40:12 AM4/12/07
Mark Leuck wrote:

There will be outrage expressed by dealers for one. OTOH - if it does
temporarily fly Bass will be unable to provide support since he knows
NOTHING about these systems. Which will come back to Bosch, and they
will not allow anymore sales, since they will get more end users
calling them.

Roland Moore

Apr 12, 2007, 4:12:20 AM4/12/07
>There will be outrage expressed by dealers for one.

If the Bosch Rep in his area doesn't care the dealers can outrage all they
want. The Rep is the only one that has the juice to stop anyone. If RLB is
helping the Rep make his numbers then that's all that matters I suspect.
Otherwise he wouldn't have the line. There are so few parts in the line that
are actually "dealer exclusive" it isn't that much of a concern anyway. If
RLB's volume falls then the self-righteous will sink him. Who cares anyway?
Are you getting parts backdoor from him? If RLB is making it work, then good
for him. I hope he prospers.

"Milhouse Van Houten" <no...@this.time> wrote in message

Robert L Bass

Apr 12, 2007, 5:30:43 AM4/12/07
> If RLB is making it work, then good for him. I hope he prospers...

Thanks. So far so good. I recently added
another line of CCTV equipment and within
days landed our largest single order in
eight years online. With very few online
sites offering a full compliment of IP Video
hardware and most offering zero support,
we expect to do quite well.

We get a lot of orders from small contractors
who are doing business with government
and military agencies. We also get a fair
amount of direct orders from military
installations. One nice thing about those
sales is they rarely need advice.

Mark Leuck

Apr 12, 2007, 10:17:32 PM4/12/07

"Milhouse Van Houten" <no...@this.time> wrote in message

He knows nothing about a lot of what he sells so that hasn't stopped him in
the past. If he is registered as a dealer Bosch will talk to him, and if he
uses his distributors dealer number they'll still talk to him. He then
relays the info.

I've done that a zillion times

Milhouse Van Houten

Apr 12, 2007, 11:59:23 PM4/12/07
Mark Leuck wrote:

Yeah... IF Bass decides to take the call. When he is not available,
which seems to be quite often, the end-user will have no choice but to
turn to the manufacturer or sadly, this NG.

Mark Leuck

Apr 13, 2007, 12:32:51 AM4/13/07

> Yeah... IF Bass decides to take the call. When he is not available,
> which seems to be quite often, the end-user will have no choice but to
> turn to the manufacturer or sadly, this NG.

So how often does he not take the call? You don't know do you?

Milhouse Van Houten

Apr 13, 2007, 12:54:03 AM4/13/07
Mark Leuck wrote:

Judging by the responses in this NG about poor service, and his
abysmal BBB report I would venture to guess quite often.

Mark Leuck

Apr 13, 2007, 2:39:40 AM4/13/07

"Milhouse Van Houten" <no...@this.time> wrote in message

The poor service responses here could be total bullshit and the BBB stuff
could be anything, again you don't know and neither do I

Milhouse Van Houten

Apr 13, 2007, 2:59:20 AM4/13/07
Mark Leuck wrote:

>"Milhouse Van Houten" <no...@this.time> wrote in message
>> Mark Leuck wrote:
>>

>> >"Milhouse Van Houten" <no...@this.time> wrote in message

>> >So how often does he not take the call? You don't know do you?
>> >

>> Judging by the responses in this NG about poor service, and his
>> abysmal BBB report I would venture to guess quite often.
>
>The poor service responses here could be total bullshit and the BBB stuff
>could be anything, again you don't know and neither do I

Yeah right - and pigs are leaping out of my ass too.

I'm sure his BBB record stated here:
http://www.bbbwestflorida.org/commonreport.html?bid=41001663

is cool compared to your employer's record which is abhorrent:
http://www.dallas.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=27001664

Monitronics International, Inc.
2350 Valley View Lane
Dallas, TX 75234-5735
Telephone: (972) 243-7443
Fax: (972) 620-5557
www.monitronics.com

[...]

advertising claims - The Better Business Bureau reviews business
advertising, (newspaper, magazine, TV, radio, internet) routinely to
ensure that it is truthful and ethical. Claims in advertising are
measured against basic advertising principles of the BBB Code of
Advertising

BBB Definition:

BBB Code of Advertising -
http://www.bbb.org/membership/codeofad.asp

which was developed to guide advertisers, advertising agencies and
advertising media.

that are challenged by the BBB, or failed to discontinue unauthorized
use of the BBB name and logo, a Federally protected trademark.

with the Bureau due to a patternn of complaints concerning difficulty
canceling service and billing disputes. Specifically, customers allege
in their complaints that the company will not release them from the
service even when the customer follows the company's policy to
teminate the service. The inability to cancel the service results in
additional billing that the customer disputes owing. Although the
company resolves the complaints, it has failed to correct the
underlying reason for the complaints.
The Bureau processed a total of 753 complaints about this company in
the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 753
complaints closed in 36 months, 234 were closed in the last year.

GROUP MODERATOR

Apr 13, 2007, 8:16:23 AM4/13/07
who's Lisa Jackson?

"Milhouse Van Houten" <no...@this.time> wrote in message

Milhouse Van Houten

Apr 13, 2007, 10:53:53 AM4/13/07
GROUP MODERATOR wrote:

>who's Lisa Jackson?

ummm.. I dunno. Michael's pretend sister?

GROUP MODERATOR

Apr 13, 2007, 10:58:25 AM4/13/07

> ummm.. I dunno. Michael's pretend sister?

Mark's boss?

J. <jsloud2001

Apr 13, 2007, 12:37:26 PM4/13/07
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 05:30:43 -0400, "Robert L Bass"
<no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote:

>We get a lot of orders from small contractors
>who are doing business with government
>and military agencies. We also get a fair
>amount of direct orders from military
>installations. One nice thing about those
>sales is they rarely need advice.

That's funny. I spend a good part of my workday advising military
installations on electronic security. Sometimes it even involves
equipment they bought from some thrid party company that didn't work
right because it was designed, sold, or installed correctly. I expect
we'll get even more of these calls now. I wish you the best in your
expansion.

Mark Leuck

Apr 13, 2007, 9:21:53 PM4/13/07

"Milhouse Van Houten" <no...@this.time> wrote in message

> Mark Leuck wrote:
>

> >"Milhouse Van Houten" <no...@this.time> wrote in message

> >> Judging by the responses in this NG about poor service, and his
> >> abysmal BBB report I would venture to guess quite often.
> >
> >The poor service responses here could be total bullshit and the BBB stuff
> >could be anything, again you don't know and neither do I
> >

> Yeah right - and pigs are leaping out of my ass too.
>
> I'm sure his BBB record stated here:
> http://www.bbbwestflorida.org/commonreport.html?bid=41001663
>
> is cool compared to your employer's record which is abhorrent:
> http://www.dallas.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=27001664

Slight difference, we have about 600,000 customers compared to RLB's few
hundred

Mark Leuck

Apr 13, 2007, 9:23:08 PM4/13/07

"GROUP MODERATOR" <MO...@TOR.GR> wrote in message

Don't recognize the name

Milhouse Van Houten

Apr 13, 2007, 9:48:57 PM4/13/07
Mark Leuck wrote:

Unsatisfactory is unsatisfactory.
---------------------------------------

http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/nis/newsearch2.asp?ID=1&strBCode=06330000&ComID=0633000030001337

ADT's record is not classified.. WTF? good?

http://www.wichita.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=5739

Protection One..
Unclassified. good?

Company Management:
Additional company management personnel include:
Mr. David Olson
^^^^^^^^^^
Maybe Bass will look into this.

http://www.dallas.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=7029

Brinks... best record so far.

http://www.thebbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=11025475

Sonitrol. The BEST record.

J. <jsloud2001

Apr 13, 2007, 9:55:32 PM4/13/07
On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 20:21:53 -0500, "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@tx.rr.com>
wrote:

>> I'm sure his BBB record stated here:
>> http://www.bbbwestflorida.org/commonreport.html?bid=41001663
>>
>> is cool compared to your employer's record which is abhorrent:
>> http://www.dallas.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=27001664
>
>Slight difference, we have about 600,000 customers compared to RLB's few
>hundred

That's no excuse. We've got 6 million alarm customers in the US alone
and a much better record in your company's own hometown:
http://www.dallas.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=16001181&language=1

Why doesn't Monotronics belong to the BBB?

alarman

Apr 13, 2007, 10:43:46 PM4/13/07
Milhouse Van Houten wrote:
> ADT's record is not classified.. WTF? good?

> Protection One.. Unclassified. good?

> Brinks... best record so far.

> Sonitrol. The BEST record.

Heh, kind of puts the BBB's credibility into perspective.
js

Milhouse Van Houten

Apr 13, 2007, 11:19:26 PM4/13/07
alarman wrote:

Pretty much, but I'm subscribing to the idea that Bassshit's is
accurate.

Mark Leuck

Apr 13, 2007, 11:48:22 PM4/13/07

"alarman" <alarm...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Maybe they supplied the best hookers?

Mark Leuck

Apr 13, 2007, 11:49:47 PM4/13/07

"J. @netscape.net>" <jsloud2001<removeme> wrote in message

Call and ask?

Milhouse Van Houten

Apr 13, 2007, 11:50:43 PM4/13/07
Mark Leuck wrote:

That is ridiculous. The BBB supplies low quality hookers. Everyone
knows that.

I brive a dus

Apr 14, 2007, 12:59:31 AM4/14/07
On Apr 13, 12:37 pm, J. <jsloud2001<removeme>@netscape.net>
wrote:

Now you're designing systems for military installations? Wow you just
run the whole gamut of high end security. Banks, military bases,
hospitals, prisons, government buildings, yadda yadda yadda
You always have a new story about protecting us lowly citizens from
the evil perils of the criminal world. Thank you for keeping our
military safe.
Shaddap already ya fucking 2 bit assclown. You're not impressing
anyone. $10 and my left nut says you're probably a fucking doorknocker
for an authorized dealer with a background in waterless cookware and
magazine sales.

I brive a dus

Apr 14, 2007, 1:26:11 AM4/14/07
On Apr 13, 9:48 pm, Milhouse Van Houten <n...@this.time> wrote:
> Mark Leuck wrote:
>
> >"Milhouse Van Houten" <n...@this.time> wrote in message

> >> Yeah right - and pigs are leaping out of my ass too.
>
> >> I'm sure his BBB record stated here:
> >>http://www.bbbwestflorida.org/commonreport.html?bid=41001663
>
> >> is cool compared to your employer's record which is abhorrent:
> >>http://www.dallas.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=27001664
>
> >Slight difference, we have about 600,000 customers compared to RLB's few
> >hundred
>
> Unsatisfactory is unsatisfactory.
> ---------------------------------------
>
> http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/nis/newsearch2.asp?ID=1&strBCode=0...

> ADT's record is not classified.. WTF? good?
>
> http://www.wichita.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=5739
>
> Protection One..
> Unclassified. good?
>
> Company Management:
> Additional company management personnel include:
> Mr. David Olson
> ^^^^^^^^^^
> Maybe Bass will look into this.
>
> ----------------------------------------http://www.dallas.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=7029

> Brinks... best record so far.
>
> ----------------------------------------http://www.thebbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=11025475
>
> Sonitrol. The BEST record.- Hide quoted text -

The majority of BBB complaints on Monkey originate from systems sold
by a few REALLY BAD dealers they had.
Examples:
Pinnacle/Apex/Safehome/Alarmex/ whatever the hell else they call
themsleves have wreaked havoc throughout the nation. They are more
affectionately known as the Mormon doorknockers

Sentry 2000/ Patriot Security did a number on Monkey in the Northeast
as did Pro Line/PAB

BRINKS has a great BBB track record for resolving complaints but that
doesn't mean they don't have a shitload of pissed off customers.
Where BRINKS really shows it's ugly self is how it charged back it's
dealers in the gulf states after Katrina and used those chargeback
numbers to disqualify dealers from their RMR bonus. Right now there is
a large group of dealers in the South discussing a class action
lawsuit against BRINKS.
BRINKS also has branch offices so if a dealer jumps ship the branch
can always pick up the service slack.
Monkey has no branch locations so they rely solely on subs to service
their clients.

As someone who was a dealer for both I would have to say Monkey did
(past tense) a better job when it came to resolving issues with pissed
off clients.

The BBB is a worthless point of reference for a consumer. Companies
like DirectBuy have satisfactory records with the BBB yet they are a
borderline scam.
The BBB concerns itself with one thing only and that is membership
revenue. A funny note concerning the BBB is they had a few sales reps
take them before the labor board over unpaid commissions.

You just started a company so pay them their vig so you can put the
sticker on your door but don't look for them to help you in any way.
Keep in mind that ANYONE can file a complaint against your company
with the BBB whether they are a customer of yours or not. You really
have no way to discredit their claim so don't use the BBB as a selling
point. There could come a day when you bid a job and the customer
turns into an asshole so you curse him out. Guess what? He can claim
he is a client of yours and you no showed or you caused damage or
whatever he wants to say. He can say he placed an online order and it
was never fulfilled.
Walk softly when the BBB is concerned.

You should also join the local Chamber of Commerce but stay clear of
any alarm organizations. They are a waste of time and money. Use Ken
Kirschenbaum for your contracts. He charges $600.00 to write them but
it's money well spent.
Make certain that your business is incorporated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Register for a Sans # at donotcall.gov
For marketing take a look at Salesgenie.com, Citysearch pay per call,
Ingenio, and ServiceMagic.
You might also consider doing sub work for the Monkey. I believe they
pay $50.00 an hour in Texas. Maybe Mark will make nice nice with you
and give you the contact info.

Take the advice or don't take the advice. It doesn't affect me either
way. I'm just making good on a promise.
That goes for anyone reading this too and not just Jeffy.

Doug

Apr 14, 2007, 10:44:50 AM4/14/07
A cynical person might think that all it takes to get a satisfactory record
with the BBB is to open your cheque book and sign up as a member.

Doug

I brive a dus

Apr 14, 2007, 11:55:49 AM4/14/07
On Apr 14, 10:44 am, "Doug" <n...@home.com> wrote:
> A cynical person might think that all it takes to get a satisfactory record
> with the BBB is to open your cheque book and sign up as a member.
>
> Doug
>
> --
>
> "J. @netscape.net>" <jsloud2001<removeme> wrote in message

> >>Slight difference, we have about 600,000 customers compared to RLB's few
> >>hundred
>
> > That's no excuse. We've got 6 million alarm customers in the US alone
> > and a much better record in your company's own hometown:
> >http://www.dallas.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=16001181&language=1
>
> > Why doesn't Monotronics belong to the BBB?- Hide quoted text -

checkbook checkbook checkbook

Milhouse Van Houten

Apr 14, 2007, 12:52:05 PM4/14/07

Wow! Thank You, Tom.

Frank Olson

Apr 15, 2007, 3:27:44 AM4/15/07
I brive a dus wrote:

>>> Why doesn't Monotronics belong to the BBB?- Hide quoted text -
>
> checkbook checkbook checkbook

You mean they don't have one?? ;-)

I brive a dus

Apr 15, 2007, 11:26:38 AM4/15/07
On Apr 15, 3:27 am, Frank Olson <Use-the-email-

Do they have cheques? NO. They were immunized for that.
What they do have is CHECKS.

Doug

Apr 15, 2007, 11:32:34 AM4/15/07
Immunized??, is that anything like immunised?

Doug

--

"I brive a dus" <alarmi...@aol.com> wrote in message

Mark Leuck

Apr 15, 2007, 12:48:53 PM4/15/07
Don't EVEN think of bringing up the word "color"

I brive a dus

Apr 15, 2007, 3:31:13 PM4/15/07
On Apr 15, 12:48 pm, "Mark Leuck" <m..le...@tx.rr.com> wrote:
> Don't EVEN think of bringing up the word "color"
>
> "I brive a dus" <alarminst...@aol.com> wrote in messagenews:1176650798.3...@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...

> > On Apr 15, 3:27 am, Frank Olson <Use-the-email-
> > l...@yoursecuritysource.com> wrote:

> > > You mean they don't have one?? ;-) <
>
> > Do they have cheques? NO. They were immunized for that.
> > What they do have is CHECKS.- Hide quoted text -

Or:
Ton, Meter, Neighbor, liter, & Center

And don't use their measuring tapes. Those things are all screwed up.

Robert L Bass

Apr 15, 2007, 4:07:05 PM4/15/07
> for an authorized dealer with a background
> in waterless cookware and magazine sales.

Wasn't it one of Morgan's aliases? I assumed
it was. Perhaps not?

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics
941-925-8650
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota · Florida · 34233
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
=============================>

Doug

Apr 15, 2007, 4:22:24 PM4/15/07
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.security.alarms/msg/287f38843a47ebcc?dmode=source&hl=en

Doug

--

"I brive a dus" <alarmi...@aol.com> wrote in message

I brive a dus

Apr 15, 2007, 5:07:03 PM4/15/07
On Apr 15, 4:22 pm, "Doug" <n...@home.com> wrote:
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.security.alarms/msg/287f38843a47eb...
>
> Doug
>
> --
>
> "I brive a dus" <alarminst...@aol.com> wrote in messagenews:1176665472.9...@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...

> > On Apr 15, 12:48 pm, "Mark Leuck" <m..le...@tx.rr.com> wrote:
> >> Don't EVEN think of bringing up the word "color"
>
> >> "I brive a dus" <alarminst...@aol.com> wrote in
> >> messagenews:1176650798.3...@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...

> > Or:
> > Ton, Meter, Neighbor, liter, & Center
>
> > And don't use their measuring tapes. Those things are all screwed up.- Hide quoted text -

<

So it stands to reason that Americans are not getting as drunk as we
could be?

I brive a dus

Apr 15, 2007, 5:12:59 PM4/15/07
On Apr 15, 4:07 pm, "Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms>
wrote:

No the moniker belongs to J Sloud. He's the ADT guy with more stories
than the Brother's Grimm. He's designed systems for locations ranging
from Atlantis to the Garden of Eden.
He's protected everything from Area 51 to Mother Teresa's g-spot.
Tom Clancy consulted him while writing many books, and Kofi Annan
begged for his help in securing the Afghan borders.

Doug

Apr 15, 2007, 5:38:11 PM4/15/07
No one is, you can never get drunk enough, but what it really means is that
your nine inch nails are only six inch tacks.

Doug

--

"I brive a dus" <alarmi...@aol.com> wrote in message

Robert L Bass

Apr 15, 2007, 6:46:09 PM4/15/07
> No the moniker belongs to J Sloud.
> He's the ADT guy with more stories
> than the Brother's Grimm...

Oh. According to someone else from
ADT (no, not Mike), Sloud is exactly
what he says he is. He's with ADT
corporate and they do all sorts of
major projects. They're nothing like
ADT's trash "authorized dealers."

> He's designed systems for locations
> ranging from Atlantis to the Garden

> of Eden...

I hope not. The garden is completely
missing so obviously the system failed
to protect it. Atlantis' water leak sensors
also failed miserably. :^)

Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

Apr 15, 2007, 6:54:56 PM4/15/07
Robert L Bass wrote:

>Oh. According to someone else from
>ADT (no, not Mike), Sloud is exactly
>what he says he is. He's with ADT
>corporate and they do all sorts of
>major projects.

You would know.. going real life with everybody is what you do.

> They're nothing like
>ADT's trash "authorized dealers."

You don't know shit, only what you've heard on this newsgroup. Either
that, or you are going by their BBB records <snort>.

Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

Apr 15, 2007, 8:17:42 PM4/15/07
I brive a dus wrote:

>You should also join the local Chamber of Commerce but stay clear of
>any alarm organizations. They are a waste of time and money.

Why? I noticed you are members from your site..."Fowler, a member of
the National Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (NBFAA) and the New York
Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (NYBFAA)".

I went to the HGCAA meeting last month and besides the $20 lasagna
that was awful I learned a tidbit or two.

>Register for a Sans # at donotcall.gov

Went to that site today. So is that a basic CYA thing in case I make
cold calls? I see there is an $11K fine for calling someone on the
list, or calling without the SANS, right?

I brive a dus

Apr 15, 2007, 9:16:51 PM4/15/07
On Apr 15, 8:17 pm, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon <n...@this.time> wrote:
> I brive a dus wrote:
>
> >You should also join the local Chamber of Commerce but stay clear of
> >any alarm organizations. They are a waste of time and money.
>
> Why? I noticed you are members from your site..."Fowler, a member of
> the National Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (NBFAA) and the New York
> Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (NYBFAA)".<

My advice was as someone who touched that worthless stove. If you're
in a position where your company can afford to throw a few thousand
dollars into a membership that produces diddly dick income wise then
go for it.

> I went to the HGCAA meeting last month and besides the $20 lasagna
> that was awful I learned a tidbit or two.<

Go a few more times and you'll see what I mean. It's just common
sense. Your time would be better spent getting involved with the
Chamber of Commerce. You have a chance to network with people who
might actually buy something from you. Is anyone at the alarm
association planning on buying a security product from you? No. They
want to drink, tell war stories, and discuss bullshit ideas. Your
competition is not in the business of sharing valuable ideas with you
and the association is made up of your competitors.

> >Register for a Sans # at donotcall.gov
>
> Went to that site today. So is that a basic CYA thing in case I make
> cold calls? I see there is an $11K fine for calling someone on the
> list, or calling without the SANS, right? <

If you call someone on the DNC list you are subject to a fine. If you
call ANYONE without having a Sans # you are subject to a fine.
Registration is free for 5 area codes. After that you pay per
additional area code.

Did you check out Citysearch pay per call or Ingenio.com? It beats the
yellow pages and the start up costs will run you less than $400.00
total. ServiceMagic can be pretty decent in your area too. You pay
$18.00 per lead but you will find 1/2 of those leads want to do
business.
You might be too new to consider Salesgenie. When you can handle the
$250.00 per month fee and plan on doing outbound marketing then it
will make sense.

Like I said you can take the advice or leave it. I'm just making good
on a promise.

Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

Apr 15, 2007, 10:02:03 PM4/15/07
I brive a dus wrote:

>On Apr 15, 8:17 pm, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon <n...@this.time> wrote:
>> I brive a dus wrote:
>>
>> >You should also join the local Chamber of Commerce but stay clear of
>> >any alarm organizations. They are a waste of time and money.
>>
>> Why? I noticed you are members from your site..."Fowler, a member of
>> the National Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (NBFAA) and the New York
>> Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (NYBFAA)".<
>
>My advice was as someone who touched that worthless stove. If you're
>in a position where your company can afford to throw a few thousand
>dollars into a membership that produces diddly dick income wise then
>go for it.

It's not. So I will take your advice and join at a later date for
discounts on classes and material when we are in a position to hire.

>> I went to the HGCAA meeting last month and besides the $20 lasagna
>> that was awful I learned a tidbit or two.<
>
>Go a few more times and you'll see what I mean. It's just common
>sense. Your time would be better spent getting involved with the
>Chamber of Commerce. You have a chance to network with people who
>might actually buy something from you.

I see, form relationships with other business that will be mutually
beneficial. Gotcha.

>Is anyone at the alarm
>association planning on buying a security product from you? No. They
>want to drink, tell war stories, and discuss bullshit ideas. Your
>competition is not in the business of sharing valuable ideas with you
>and the association is made up of your competitors.

Actually the meeting is @ 12 noon with iced tea. It's presented with
Robbs rules - all formal and stuff. It's only a couple hundred bucks
a year, which they tell me has good info in the member's area. I'll
probably join for the hell of it.

>> >Register for a Sans # at donotcall.gov
>>
>> Went to that site today. So is that a basic CYA thing in case I make
>> cold calls? I see there is an $11K fine for calling someone on the
>> list, or calling without the SANS, right? <
>
>If you call someone on the DNC list you are subject to a fine. If you
>call ANYONE without having a Sans # you are subject to a fine.
>Registration is free for 5 area codes. After that you pay per
>additional area code.

That's the way I read it. Thanks. I might have gotten into trouble
if I started a telemarketing campaign without registering.

>Did you check out Citysearch pay per call or Ingenio.com?

Not yet.

>It beats the
>yellow pages and the start up costs will run you less than $400.00
>total. ServiceMagic can be pretty decent in your area too. You pay
>$18.00 per lead but you will find 1/2 of those leads want to do
>business.

Okay.. Will look into that too.

>You might be too new to consider Salesgenie. When you can handle the
>$250.00 per month fee and plan on doing outbound marketing then it
>will make sense.

They have been hounding us. Still have not given them a hard look.

>Like I said you can take the advice or leave it. I'm just making good
>on a promise.

I don't remember the promise, but I thank you all the same. I feel
terrible about the fighting we had a few months ago. I am truly sorry
for insulting your family.

I write things sometimes for maximum effect, and when pressed I can go
over the edge. I have always respected you as a businessman, and my
comment about "small potatoes" was meant to sting (because I knew it
might). I also am sorry for that.

On another note, your reply stung pretty hard. I printed it out and
re-read it sometimes. It takes brutal tactics to get the point across
to me. Yours was received.

J. <jsloud2001

Apr 16, 2007, 8:07:34 AM4/16/07
On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 18:46:09 -0400, "Robert L Bass"
<no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote:

>> No the moniker belongs to J Sloud.
>> He's the ADT guy with more stories
>> than the Brother's Grimm...
>
>Oh. According to someone else from
>ADT (no, not Mike), Sloud is exactly
>what he says he is. He's with ADT
>corporate and they do all sorts of
>major projects. They're nothing like
>ADT's trash "authorized dealers."

You're right. There's nothing special about what I do. We've got a
bunch of guys who do the same thing. Military bases are a just a big
part of our work. Here's a new product that several bases have
invested in lately:
http://www.adt.com/wps/portal/adt/government/products_services/attack_warning_mass_notification_system/

I couldn't care less what some trunkslammer thinks of me.

J. <jsloud2001

Apr 16, 2007, 8:12:38 AM4/16/07
On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 18:46:09 -0400, "Robert L Bass"
<no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote:

>> No the moniker belongs to J Sloud.
>> He's the ADT guy with more stories
>> than the Brother's Grimm...
>
>Oh. According to someone else from
>ADT (no, not Mike), Sloud is exactly
>what he says he is. He's with ADT
>corporate and they do all sorts of
>major projects. They're nothing like
>ADT's trash "authorized dealers."

Here's another one:
http://www.adt.com/wps/portal/adt/government/fips201

Also, AFAIK we're the only company currently certified by DHS for
antiterrorism technology under the SAFETY Act in the alarm industry.

http://www.tycofireandsecurity.com/Internet/press_release.jsp?news_id=1242

Roland Moore

Apr 16, 2007, 10:05:51 AM4/16/07
The HID guy came in and talked to us about this stuff. I was wondering why
the FIPS card contact less portion doesn't seem to use the iCLASS type high
security to avoid spoofing.
Have you guys at ADT been into the TWIC card too like FIPS?