The START of a Story!!

ABLE1

Oct 15, 2022, 7:57:04 AM10/15/22
In a land far far away there was a

Bob La Londe

Oct 15, 2022, 12:17:15 PM10/15/22
On 10/15/2022 4:57 AM, ABLE1 wrote:
> In a land far far away there was a

an outhouse on a hill

www.avg.com

RTS

Oct 15, 2022, 1:09:57 PM10/15/22
On 10/15/2022 11:17 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 10/15/2022 4:57 AM, ABLE1 wrote:
>> In a land far far away there was a
>
> an outhouse on a hill

ooh, "well", we know this is not going to end "well",
(on a hill)
RTS
--

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*

ABLE1

Oct 16, 2022, 8:25:42 AM10/16/22
On 10/15/2022 1:09 PM, RTS wrote:
> On 10/15/2022 11:17 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> On 10/15/2022 4:57 AM, ABLE1 wrote:
>>> In a land far far away there was a
>>
>> an outhouse on a hill
>>
> ooh,  "well", we know this is not going to end "well",
>   (on a hill)
> RTS

In a land far far away there was a an outhouse on a hill.

Ooh, "well", we know this is not going to end "well",
(on a hill)

The outhouse on a hill made of cardboard and John had to go,
but

Bob La Londe

Oct 16, 2022, 1:14:03 PM10/16/22
... it began to rain large drops of fiery...

RTS

Oct 17, 2022, 11:36:05 AM10/17/22
On 10/16/2022 12:13 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 10/16/2022 5:25 AM, ABLE1 wrote:

>>> ooh,  "well", we know this is not going to end "well",
>>>    (on a hill)
>>> RTS
>>
>> In a land far far away there was a an outhouse on a hill.
>>
>> Ooh,  "well", we know this is not going to end "well",
>> (on a hill)
>>
>> The outhouse on a hill made of cardboard and John had to go,
>> but
>>

> ... it began to rain large drops of fiery...

After that last stop at "Taco Bell", John knew what he had to do, Rain
or not....

ABLE1

Oct 17, 2022, 2:45:55 PM10/17/22
On 10/17/2022 11:34 AM, RTS wrote:

>>> In a land far far away there was a an outhouse on a hill.
>>>
>>> Ooh,  "well", we know this is not going to end "well",
>>> (on a hill)
>>>
>>> The outhouse on a hill made of cardboard and John had to go,
>>> but
>>>

>> ... it began to rain large drops of fiery...
>>
> After that last stop at "Taco Bell", John knew what he had to do, Rain
> or not....

In a land far far away there was a an outhouse on a hill.
Ooh, "well", we know this is not going to end "well",
(on a hill)

The outhouse on a hill made of cardboard and John had to go,
but ... it began to rain large drops of fiery...

After that last stop at "Taco Bell", John knew what he had to do, Rain
or not....

He had to go the the outhouse on the hill and relieve all the built up
pressure..... before the wet cardboard walls would .....

Bob La Londe

Oct 17, 2022, 3:28:15 PM10/17/22
..collapse revealing the brick shit house cloaked within.
--
Bob La Londe
CNC Molds N Stuff

Jim Davis

Oct 17, 2022, 10:29:49 PM10/17/22
Which the local wolf (who had huffed and puffed and blown down the neighbors straw and wood shit houses down) now tried to "huff and puff and blow the brick shit house down, But,

Jim Davis

Oct 17, 2022, 10:54:13 PM10/17/22
As the wolf inhaled to take a deep breath, he got a wiff of the wind coming from the shit house and

ABLE1

Oct 18, 2022, 8:27:47 AM10/18/22
He fell over and rolled down to the bottom of the hill and hit a rock.
Which caused..........

Bob La Londe

Oct 18, 2022, 11:19:12 AM10/18/22
...him to wake up on Mars staring straight up into the eyes of...

Jim Davis

Oct 18, 2022, 3:07:02 PM10/18/22
the recently deceased, Jeffery Epstein who promptly chloroformed him.
When he awoke, he found himself bound, gagged and in the form of a naked human female body and was about to be

Bob La Londe

Oct 18, 2022, 8:27:54 PM10/18/22
handed over to Hillary Clinton for disposal.

Jim Davis

Oct 18, 2022, 9:15:19 PM10/18/22
But just as she was about to toss Wolferina into her secret secure room with the hidden computers containing classified government info, Bill grabbed Woferina and brought her to the Oval Office at 3 AM in the morning through a secret door he had installed when he was in office. There he offered her a Billy Beer he had saved from the Carter days and a big fat cigar.

ABLE1

Oct 18, 2022, 10:08:37 PM10/18/22
>>> When he awoke, he found himself bound, gagged and in the form of a nakedhuman female body and was about to be
>> handed over to Hillary Clinton for disposal.
> But just as she was about to toss Wolferina into her secret secure room with the hidden computers containing classified government info, Bill grabbed Woferina and brought her to the Oval Office at 3 AM in the morning through a secret door he had installed when he was in office. There he offered her a Billy Beer he had saved from the Carter days and a big fat cigar.

It was at that point when the cigar was about to be lit, he woke up and
that he realized this was all a political nightmare. Once the fog was
cleared out of his brain he determined that...........

RTS

Oct 19, 2022, 12:58:40 PM10/19/22
He would avoid those Taco Tuesdays at Taco Bell....
But still it did have a flavor for which to...

Jim Davis

Oct 19, 2022, 3:16:41 PM10/19/22
make him be able to produce unbelievably long and smelly farts which is what originally attracted Hillary to him during their collage days when they were both in the same men's sorority. Shuddering at the memory, he instantly packed up his cigars and headed for ...

ABLE1

Oct 19, 2022, 6:55:13 PM10/19/22
> make him be able to produce unbelievably long and smelly farts which iswhat originally attracted Hillary to him during their collage days
whenthey were both in the same men's sorority. Shuddering at the memory, he
instantly packed up his cigars and headed for ...

The Taco Bell located in Accident, Maryland, to get.....

Bob La Londe

Oct 20, 2022, 5:39:44 PM10/20/22
... the ledger.

Jim Davis

Oct 20, 2022, 9:26:49 PM10/20/22
Once obtaining the ledger, he purchased a box of cigars and headed straight for Cape Kennedy where he knew Spacex was preparing to send a capsule to Mars and one of the crew was female. He knew he would be able to convince them to let him join the crew and besides, this was the only opportunity he would ever have to get away from ......

ABLE1

Oct 20, 2022, 11:01:19 PM10/20/22
all those that treat him a doofus!! This was going to be his only
chance to.........

Bob La Londe

Oct 21, 2022, 4:35:48 PM10/21/22
Wake up. BAM! WAKE UP! BAM! WAKE UP! BAM! "I'm awake," he thought
as he (BAM!) came back to consciousness. BAM! Suddenly he realized
(BAM!) it was still 1990, and (BAM!) there were AT&T corporate police
(BAM!) busting down his door. "Hmm (BAM!) maybe spending all night
(BAM!) trying to crack AT&T System 4 (BAM!) wasn't such a good idea."
(BAM!)

ABLE1

Oct 24, 2022, 7:46:20 AM10/24/22
End of Story!!

Jim Davis

Oct 24, 2022, 11:24:23 AM10/24/22
End of the "Dream" story that is, All that BANGING had awakened him and now he had to deal with reality. Someone was banging on the door. He jumped out of bed, put on his robe, grabbed a cigar, ran to the door and when he opened it, standing there was . . . . . . .

Bob La Londe

Oct 24, 2022, 2:28:42 PM10/24/22

On 10/20/2022 8:01 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
... hold all of earth for ransom with his giant space laser of doom.

Bob La Londe

Oct 24, 2022, 2:32:54 PM10/24/22
.. was his trusty steed. An old shovel head with drag pipes. Not the
most inconspicuous escape vehicle but fast enough and decent in the
turns with its sticky sport bike tires. He grabbed his saddlebags
preloaded with VHS tapes, compact VCR, and acoustic modem as he headed
out the door to ...

Jim Davis

Oct 24, 2022, 8:51:35 PM10/24/22
get in his getaway vehicle. He was however, wondering how the hell did his vehicle knock at the door?
But ---- O well,
He was now on a quest to bring his VHS technology to sell it to Elon Musk for use in Tesla automobiles, Little did he know that Elon didn't vote for him and also he hated him for what he did to his cousin Monica.
Consequently, as he pulled up to the gate at the Tesla headquarters - - -

ABLE1

Oct 24, 2022, 10:46:45 PM10/24/22
He realized that he forgot to bring along his security ID. As he
approached the gate he decided it would be best to go back and get
it. So it did a quick 180!! And as luck would have it......

Jim Davis

Oct 25, 2022, 2:33:24 PM10/25/22
There was a demonstration occurring outside the gate by southern border immigrants who were protesting against not being employed at the Tesla factory at high wage levels that would compensate them for being immigrants. They pulled him out of his car and began crowd surfing him from one side of the crowd to the other until finally

Bob La Londe

Oct 25, 2022, 5:04:45 PM10/25/22
... he spotted a drop box for Epic Video rentals. What better place to
quickly hide...

ABLE1

Oct 26, 2022, 7:49:16 PM10/26/22
That is when he then realized he must be in Arizona. But, he thinks, if
I am in Arizona, then that must mean that.........

Bob La Londe

Oct 26, 2022, 8:09:19 PM10/26/22
Danger Mouse was happy to have just watched the Cowboys beat the Bills
52-17, but he was tiring of the after game wrap up pundits flapping
their jaws so he popped in a video he'd picked up from Epic Video
earlier in the day. He was pissed when he realized the tape just played
noise... "Wait a minute. That kinda sounds like an old acoustic modem."
He fast forwarded. There was hours of it. "I wonder..." he thought.
He kept blipping ahead until near the end of the tape he found a short
video recording.

"Hi, My name is John. If you are seeing this video AT&T Corporate
Police or the Secret Service probably got me. Please read the data on
this tape and share it with the world. Its a simple 300 baud 8+1 ASCII
recorded using my acoustic modem. Its a copy of..." KZZZRKT and then
there was ordinary white noise to the end of the tape.

ABLE1

Oct 26, 2022, 10:42:10 PM10/26/22
After watching the video he started to laugh and laugh and laugh.......
He could not stop. The laugh was uncontrollable, tears started to
form in his eyes but the laughing could not be stopped!! He decided
to try and think of sad moment but the laughing just continued. It kept
up for hours and hours. He tried to figure what he saw on the video
was so funny, but could not!!! Then he tried to.......

Bob La Londe

Oct 27, 2022, 2:06:32 PM10/27/22
... stop this excruciating pain in his chest. As he collapsed to the
floor the last thought through his mind before all function ceased was,
"I bet that guy was for real."

Weeks later when somebody finally found his body surrounded by old pizza
boxes and empty Jolt cola cans the local cop who got stuck with rotting
corpse detail couldn't help but wonder why in the hell a secret service
agent was poking around in his investigation, and "who the hell are
those guys sitting out in the AT&T van?"

ABLE1

Oct 29, 2022, 12:18:44 PM10/29/22
It was finally decided by the local cop that there were more important
things to do. So he closed the file and placed it in the archives bin.

End of The Story!!

Bob La Londe

Oct 29, 2022, 1:47:01 PM10/29/22
For Danger Mouse it certainly was. With a lazy cop putting away a case
with obvious headache factors it resulted in a closed file for a "death
by natural causes." The corner didn't even give it a second look. Not
only did he not find the chemical remnants of Digitalis he never even
looked. Of course if he hadn't been in a big rush to get off to lunch
he might have noticed the small pin prick on the neck of his patient.

... is it truly over? What was the big deal about System 4? What was
on the tape? Who killed Danger Mouse? Where is the tape? What about
the other tapes John had? WHERE IS JOHN?

... maybe we will never know, and maybe somebody else will pick up the
trail. Stay tuned until next week at the same Bat Time on the same Bat
Station.

Jim Davis

Oct 29, 2022, 11:08:17 PM10/29/22
In spite of the fact that the local police dropped the ball in the investigation of this event, as the secret service took over the investigation, they came across the video tape in the VHS player that the local police had missed, Even though the machine was off, they saw that the recorder was set to continuous play. Sending the tape to the lab for examination it showed nothing but a screen with hish-hash and audio static. It was puzzling - - - - why would someone put a tape with nothing on it in a VCR and have it play continuously? After weeks of testing, someone had the idea to play the tape backwards and much to their surprise it was a video of a SUV riding down a street in Paris with the Eiffel Tower in the background. As the SUV came past the camera, it picked up speed and as it ran into the Glass Pyramid of the Louve, it exploded into a great ball of fire completely destroying the dome.. Unnoticed by the investigators, off to the side of the video picture, a lone figure dressed in black was standing off to the side watching the whole event while talking on a cell phone (which unknown to them was a AT&T cellphone). . He slowly turned and walked towards and entered a awaiting Bentley limousine which headed in the direction of

ABLE1

Oct 30, 2022, 9:28:10 AM10/30/22
the Pont du Carrousel bridge across the Seine River. The Secret
Service then pulled up a map of Paris and notice that this was in
the direction of the Latin Quarter. They also realized that this
was the one time that Castro was on vacation in Paris and was
staying in a hotel in the Latin Quarter. The hotel was one of
the best, the Les Rives de Notre-Dame. They then contacted
Interpol and inquired about cameras that would be located near
the hotel. They then got access and found a camera located
at the alley next to the Les Rives de Notre-Dame Hotel.
They found the approximate time stamp and observed the same
Bentley limousine pulling in at the main entrance. The man
observed at the Louvre got out of the car but due to the poor
lighting from the IR on the camera is was not possible to make out
a face. However, it did walk with a noticeable limp. He was meet
at the door by what appeared to be a rather large male also wearing dark
clothing. The two entered the building. The Secret Service officers
then looked at the Bentley and tried to view the license plate number.
But again the lighting was very poor. All the could determine was that
it was a custom plate not the standard issue. As best they could guess
the first letter was a "V" and the last letter "D". With all the
magic technology they had they could not get it any clearer. They
were totally frustrated. What to do, what to do...............

Bob La Londe

Oct 30, 2022, 2:35:57 PM10/30/22
Slowly as if a fog was lifting from his brain Agent Bean had an odd
thought, "What manner of VooDoo or witchcraft is this? VHS is analog.
How would playing it backward show any different than a reverse of
playing it forward." It was like falling in a dream or dreaming about a
fight were the reality is so intense you physically strike out. He
snapped awake and thought, "I really should review that tape."

ABLE1

Oct 30, 2022, 6:26:47 PM10/30/22
Then after a having a very good supper and getting a peaceful nap he
awoke and realized that the VHS cassette tape had be placed in the
special recorder that the NSA had developed reversed the input feed of
the sensors. This would conceal the video playback in a standard
player. Now with this understanding review of the tape will be easier
to follow. The other thing he found out after reading the NSA doc's was
that 101 frames of the video was a still frame full of important
documentation. The NSA playback machine had a fingerprint reader sensor
that would put into a 101 frame play. He found out that his fingers
were not authorized. Now he had to call..........

Bob La Londe

Oct 30, 2022, 7:21:28 PM10/30/22
With the unit playing in the background his ten your old son walked in,
and asked, "Why are you listening to a recording of an old acoustic
modem dad? Play it back through an acoustic modem and read it off with
a terminal program. You over think everything. Guys used to use VHS
and an acoustic modem to record large batches of data before drives
started to get somewhat affordable."

"Huh?"

"I thought you were smart dad. Geez. I bet even mom would have figured
that out already. If you can't figure it out I know some old retired
guys from the Legion of Doom who do computer tutoring down at the senior
center on weekends as part of their community service. I bet any one of
those guys could read that data for you. Heck I bet they still have
their old acoustic modems in a box somewhere."

Bob La Londe

Oct 31, 2022, 7:00:10 PM10/31/22
"Um, Bennie, do you know who the Legion of Doom are?"

"Yes, dad. They are a bunch of "mostly" white hat hackers that you and
your chronies persecuted during "The Great Hacker Crackdown." I'm
telling you they are good guys. Bit Trapper and Covenant are over at
the senior center every Saturday teaching blue hairs how to send email.
I bet they would be glad to help."

"I can't take Secret Service business to a couple of criminals."

"Dad, you guys never busted Bit Trapper, and Covenant is a good guy. So
why haven't you already called your buddies over at Langley to look
things over then. They have that huge data recovery center with atleast
one of every type of media storage and playback ever created along with
some genius level hackers of their own."

"well, I didn't know what it even was until two minutes ago when you
told me, and there is something that doesn't feel quite right about all
of this. The investigation is "officially" closed, but there is
something about it that just screams coverup. I'm not even sure why the
agency had me looking at it in the first place, and then they ordered me
to close it as soon as that cop dead filed the death."

"Who got killed dad?"

"They ruled it natural causes. Some nobody named Jerry Twelve."

"BWHAHAHAHAHA!!! Dad, that's Danger Mouse. He's an old original
founding member of the LOD."

"Well he had a heart attack. Its no wonder. He was surrounded by junk
food boxes and soda cans."

"That doesn't sound right pop. He had a reputation for being a health
nut. He was always preaching about it on the IRC chats when he wasn't
on some crusade about exposing some government coverup or another."

"REALLY?!? Something definitely doesn't sound right then. I have to
think about this. You can't talk to ANYBODY about this for now.
Especially not those old hackers."

"Well can I atleast ask one of those guys if they have an acoustic modem
we can borrow. Maybe whatever is on that tape is something you can read
without being a computer nerd."

"Okay, but if they start asking questions just say never mind and leave."

"Alright, I'm headed over that way this afternoon to volunteer in the
kitchen. If one of them is around I'll ask."

Bob La Londe

Nov 1, 2022, 4:36:13 PM11/1/22
"gahaaa gurgle gurgle," thought Bennie. "Learning to swim wasn't that
bad after I figured out how to get out of the bag," he mused as he
remembered the day his step dad, agent Bean, fished him out of the
river. "I need to stay focused. Find Bit Trapper and ask to borrow a
modem without arousing suspicion." "Oh great. There he is reading that
Passion Fruit Adventures garbage out loud to that gaggle of old biddies
in the library again. Might as well get my chores done in the kitchen
first."

"HEY! Its Bennie the Bean! Smartest kid in the creche," exclaimed
Covenant who was swiping a Jello(tm) cup out of the fridge.

"You know I have no idea what that means right?"

"You should read the book kid. Its pretty awesome."

"Yeah, maybe never."

"So, what's up kid."

As Bennie moved over to the sink and started running some water he
replied, "Not much just need to get on these dishes."

"Nothing exciting happening?"

"Nah! not really. I'm playing with something. I might have to go hit
up the 2nd hand stores to find an old acoustic modem for a project I'm
working on."

"What's the project?"

"I'd rather not say it might be stupid, but if it works it could be
kinda cool I guess. Still I don't want to look stupid if it doesn't
work."

"You know I have a PP9600 with compression I don't use anymore if you
just need a modem. I mean I do still have my old 300 baud manually
switched in a box somewhere, but why use that when I have something a
LOT faster you could use instead?"

"Its the acoustic part I need."

"Really?" Covenant said as his eyes narrowed a bit, and then he
shrugged. "whatever kid if you want you can stop by my place and borrow
mine later. I'll be home most of the afternoon."

"Cool that would be great. Right now I need to finish these dishes.
thanks you," Bennie replied, but Covenant wasn't listening. He was
already headed out the door with his purloined snack.

Bob La Londe

Nov 3, 2022, 4:10:36 PM11/3/22
Bennie and agent Bean spent several hours trying various configurations
reading back the recording through the borrowed acoustic modem before
they started scrolling what looked like reasonable data across their
terminal screen and copying it to a text file. It felt more like a
father son project as they worked through the night and into the predawn
hours. When they saw the last of the data cross the screen the sun
wasn't up, but the sky was starting to lighten in the east. A few
seconds of white noise played, and then for the first time they heard
John's plane recording.

They looked at each other in astonishment and burst out laughing.

Bob La Londe

Nov 4, 2022, 8:58:31 PM11/4/22
Common its a FREAKING LASER! Lasers are cool!

(Wait no they're hot aren't they?)

Bob La Londe

Nov 14, 2022, 5:28:09 PM11/14/22
A month later Agent Bean examined his carefully understated appearance
in the mirror before heading out for the day. The service had him busy
chasing small counterfeiting reports not likely to be anything
significant. Just bad photocopy jobs, corner clippers, and bill
splitters. Stuff the service usually left to local law enforcement. He
wasn't aware of having flirted with a senior agent's girl friend or
stepping on anybody's toes, but ever since they told him to close the
"suicide" case he'd been assigned stacks of scutt work. There was a new
pile of folders on his desk everyday. One was marginally interesting
until he discovered it was just another photocopy counterfeiter. Only
marginally interesting until he figured out a local Postal Mail Stop and
copy store had figure out how to defeat the currency protection on their
color Xerox machine. The machine did make good looking prints even if
it was just on heavy linen paper stationary. One thing about getting
all these garbage cases is he was closing lots of cases and making lots
of arrests. These kinds of counterfeiters don't tend to be very smart
or plan very well. Still he wondered, "Why am I getting all these small
nearly nothing cases. Its not the sort of work we usually spend a lot
of time on. Its like they are just trying to keep me busy for some
reason. Its been a busy month."

"HEY DAD," Shouted Bennie from his bed room. "Why can't you just turn
this over to the guys in your service." "I'm not complaining about
this brand new state of the art 32bit Pentium computer, but I'm sure you
have guys who could sort all this stuff out in a few days."

Agent Bean duck into his sons room and said, "You know in light of that
video message at the end of the tape I can't risk sharing it until I
know what it is in case somebody at the Secret Service is involved in
something questionable. They have been giving me a lot of busy work
since they told me to close the case where I retrieved that tape. Have
you found anything yet?"

"Well, its clearly assembly language code for a Unix operating system.
It looks like some kind of control system for a multiplexer, but its
huge. It seems to be designed to manage potentially millions of
simultaneous independent connection. Parts of it looks like its
intended to talk to itself or copies of itself."

"Yeah, Bennie. You told me that in the first couple days. Have you
learned anything else."

"The first part of it is pretty easy. It just what I said, but that's
only a small part of the code. Most of it is dormant. There are a few
keys that appear to be instructions to compile and execute more of the
code, but they don't make any sense. Other parts look like its intended
to look back at itself from somewhere else on a network to download code
if certain conditions are met."

"What do you mean."

"Its almost like it was written to run on computers bigger, faster, and
with more storage than anything I know exists. When I just read
sections of the dormant code that is executed by triggers it looks like
a worm intended to steal computing time from across millions of
computers on a network. Parts of it looks like a simple self
replicating virus. At least a dozen different viruses that do the same
thing by different methods. There may be more, but I haven't even read
all the code yet. There are some things that seem to be about voice
recognition. There is a lot here. I don't really understand most it
it, but I have this weird thought."

"What's your thought?"

"Its silly. There isn't enough computing power in the world to do all
of what I think this is for. Some of it could work. I wish you would
let me show it to Bit Trapper or Covenant."

"I am keeping this secret from my own agency. There is no way I want
you sharing it with known hackers. So, what's your thought. I'm open
to crazy ideas right now."

"Well, I think its primarily some kind of voice communication management
system. Like a big complex telephone switching system. That part will
easily run on modern computers. Its the active part of the program. It
has something that seems to be digitizing storing and overwriting about
30-40 seconds of every connection in a buffer and doing some sort of
analog to digital conversion and comparing the signal to a database. On
some match conditions it saves the buffer and sends it off to an outside
system. Its like it monitors conversations and if there is a keyword
trigger it saves the recording and sends the data somewhere."

"Where does it send it?"

"I'm not sure. Its over some kind of distributed network like the
Internet, but this was written before the Internet was public. It
almost has to be the military and university network that predated the
public Internet. That means government, university, or maybe some big
company that had access to it."

"AT&T," thought Agent Bean silently. "That's why they had guys sitting
out on that site. They thought this might be there."

"That's not all dad. I've seen pieces of this code. Most viruses use
some of the same basic methods, but some I've seen use this exact code.
They were either written by the same people or this program is wild on
the Internet. Replicating parts of itself, stealing processor time, and
checking systems big enough to download and run more of its code.
Mostly it looks like its looking for copies of itself on other
multiplexing platforms, but its also looking for anything else it can
run on."

"What does all that mean? Bennie. You are way over my head."

"I think its intended to spy on every telephone conversation in the
world simultaneously, and its just looking for enough processing power
to do it."

"So its not working yet."

"No, I think it is working. Right now it only runs most of its voice
analysis code on certain systems, but its looking for the power to
monitor everything."

"What systems?"

"Well, I think it runs on big long distance telephone switching
computers primarily. Lots of local calls won't go through them, but as
systems computers upgrade this will look to see if there is room and
power to replicate itself. That's crazy right?"

"No Bennie. Its not crazy. Its deadly. If its true its probably why
the mysterious John got the tape out, and may be why Danger Mouse died
of "natural causes." It may be why my agency has had me chasing busy
work out of the office, and it may be why I saw..."

"Saw what dad?"

"I can't say," he replied as he thought about that mysterious guys who
just sat there in that AT&T service van when he had been on that
investigation a month ago.

"Keep working on it. Do not connect your computer to any network or
bulletin board. If you want to message on the old BBSs just use your
old computer. DO NOT TELL ANYBODY ABOUT ANY PART OF THIS. Not police.
Not other agents. Especially not your hacker friends. NOTHING. I need
to think about this, and I need you to see if you can confirm your
theory. TELL NOBODY. I think people have been killed over this."

"What about Mom."

"No not even Mom. I think even knowing about this is dangerous. If
nobody knows you know its better for your safety."

"Well, I need to get to school."

Bob La Londe

Nov 15, 2022, 4:11:44 PM11/15/22
At Bit Trapper's apartment he and Covenant were looking over some source
code. Typical hacker evening. Drinking Coca Cola, eating pizza, and
trying to figure out something new and interesting.

"So that's all I got. What does it look like to you?" Covenant said.

"I don't know. This part kinda looks like a fragment of the Mystery 7
Virus, but this looks like its for porting code from one operating
system to another. That's all you got huh?"

"Yeah, the kid showed up while I was setting up the flash memory hidden
in the modem to store whatever he was doing. I had to close it up
before I was done installing all the memory. I wasn't even sure it
would work, " Covenant replied. "What exactly is the Mystery Seven
virus anyway? Who wrote it?"

"Nobody knows. Its just seems to replicate it self to everything and
sit there doing nothing. Its got some embedded encrypted data, but its
basically inert. Once in a while it checks system memory, processor
speed, and available drive storage then does nothing but replicate
itself to the next storage media it finds. Its been around since the
late 80s, but it doesn't seem to do anything except replicate."

"So the kid was reading a system infected with it?"

"No. This is original source code. Me and some other guys isolated it
once, and decompiled it using Bubble Chamber. This looks a lot like
what we got, but cleaner. Like this was the from the original author."

"... and the bit about porting code?"

"Just a simple translator. It literally rearranges the syntax of
assembly code from a key library so it can be compiled and executed on
another system. Before you brought it over here what did you think it was?"

"Well there was a hacker named Johnny Appleseed who once said something
about hacking the new AT&T systems back at the end of the 80s. He
posted some access information on that big server in France where
everybody used to trade bank account numbers and credit card numbers.
He claimed it was for AT&T telephone systems. I think he called it AT&T
System 4. He said he was working on the next big thing in phreaking
since the old ways were being shut down. What struck me in this part you
call a fragment of Mystery Seven is it seems to use that same access
information."

"Did you ever try to use that access information directly?"

"Nah, that was when the Secret Service had their big push to bust a
bunch of hackers all over the country all at once. I did talk to some
guys in Switzerland who tried, but they said the access information was
no longer valid."

"Did you ask the kid what he was working on."

"Yeah, he said he idea was a bust. Nothing worked so he was going
abandoning the project."

"Did you believe him?"

"No. He seemed like he was not comfortable with what he was saying, but
who can tell for sure about a kid."

"How about this Johnny Appleseed guy? Can we reach out and see if he is
still around?"

"I can try, but I don't recall ever seeing anything from him on any of
the boards or servers after that. He just vanished. Before that he was
always trading crackz and serialz. I think he also ran a board called
Dragon's Bane or something like that. I never really took him
seriously. Seemed more like a parrot repeating what he heard or an
information trader than a real hacker. Hey, you said Mystery Seven had
some embedded encrypted data. Can you crack it?"

"That part isn't in this code fragment, but we tried with the decompiled
version we had. At least as good as PGP. Some kind of fractal key at
best. I can ask around and see if anybody worked it out, but we never
did."

"Okay well that was fun... now how about dropping in one of those cult
classic videos you rented from Epic Video?"

Bob La Londe

Nov 16, 2022, 5:31:12 PM11/16/22
"Director Magaw. We had another transmit trigger on one of those tapes,"
exclaimed Special Agnet Pussard as he burst into the director's office.

"Close the door Buford and sit down. Did you get a location?"

"It looks like the battery was about dead. It didn't transmit long
enough to nail down the exact location but we have the neighborhood. I
already looked to see if there were any likelies. Guess who lives there."

"Agent Rowan Bean."

"How did you guess sir?"

"We never recovered the tape from the last site, and we already checked
to make sure local PD didn't have it. Our best guess was AT&T corporate
got it or Agent Bean didn't log it in for some reason."

"Clearance protocol sir?"

"No. We have to confirm he has, find out if he knows what is is, and
then we still can't just assassinate one of our own. Besides he has a
wife and kid. Its not like he's some antisocial hacker nobody will
miss. Besides, you don't know for sure he has it."

Bob La Londe

Nov 16, 2022, 5:56:39 PM11/16/22
"kkkk sssss kkkkkk sss kskskkskkksskksksks"

"Oh geez a corrupted tape. So much watching Return of Killer
Tomatoes..." Bit Trapper drigfted off as he realized what he was
hearing. "THAT'S MODEM NOISE."

"Yeah," commented Covenant, "But its slow. Like the tape is dragging."

"Lets open it up and see if we can fix that," chimed in Bit Trapper as
he hit the remote stop button.

A few minutes later they were looking inside the case to find some sort
of contraption that was no part of a VHS tape.

"Looks like some kind of transmitter."

"Yep, and that's a tension gage. You can see when it hits the end of
the tape it triggers the transmitter. That's what is causing the tape
to drag. I'll cut the battery lead so it can't transmit and get it out
of there."

A few minutes later they had Trapper's modem jury rigged into the audio
output and they were streaming data onto a terminal program. By morning
they realized they had a copy of the same source code they had pirated
from the kid a few hours earlier. Only they had the whole thing.

"You know if Bennie has a tape like this its likely he already triggered
the transmitter. We have to warn him."

"How do we do that without telling him I was spying on him."

"I don't know but he's a good kid. We have to do something."

"Shit, I wish half the Legion hadn't been busted or compromised during
The Great Hacker Crack Down. This is the sort of shit they exist for."

Bob La Londe

Nov 16, 2022, 10:08:08 PM11/16/22
Seriously number two its a cold laser. It instantly hyper freezes a
what ever spot it touches. Sweep it across your enemy, and instead of
slicing them like a regular laser it freezes a line across their body
and they shatter at that line if they move before they thaw. If you are
truly evil you catch them on the toilet and freeze them just above the
anus. They explode in a massive poop storm when they try to push one out.

Bob La Londe

Nov 17, 2022, 11:10:37 AM11/17/22
Number Two, "Sir? Could we use it in a wide beam configuration to solve
Global Warming? Maybe refreeze the ice caps and not just slow down the
process, but have an continuous ability to regulate world temperatures?
We could make a lot more money selling this service to the world, than
we ever could ransoming the world and dodging missiles"

"Well that's just shitty number two. No fun at all, and how is that evil?"

~~~~~

"Mr President the bugs on Dr McEvil's space station are working. He is
arguing with his second in command about solving global warming or
terrorizing the world listen to this."

"Interesting. If they offer to sell their services categorically
refuse. They'll fall back on their ransom plan. If they try to ransom
the earth we still refuse and force them to use their freeze ray.."

"Cold laser Sir."

"Cold laser. Freeze ray. Whatever. Either way we got free global
cooling."

"But they might spin it to make themselves look good. They are an Evil
Inc subsidiary."

"Since when have we ever cared about the motivations of a puppet
president, dictator, or Evil Corpration as long as we get what we want."

Bob La Londe

Nov 17, 2022, 11:15:52 AM11/17/22
"Yessir," replied NSA senior analyst Jim Henson.

Jim Davis

Nov 17, 2022, 11:07:14 PM11/17/22
In addition to the cold laser, There has been a new device that can be used in the most nefarious ways. For years now, LED's (light emitting diodes) have been slowly developed soon to almost totally replace the common light bulb. However, it has just recently been leaked that the government, always seeking ways to weaponize new science, secretly reverse engineered the LED and has developed a device they may revolutionized warfare The have created a weapon that once it is revealed it will become obvious to the criminal element how to duplicate it and will change and enable a whole new era of unsolvable crime. It is the DED. (dark emitting diode)
Enhanced and used as a weapon, it can completely hide an individual , air craft, ship, missile, or even and entire army, encasing the enemy in an array of dark. In criminal hands and can envelop police, rival gangs or store employees in darkness while crimes are committed.
At this point it is expected that the next world war with be fought with LED's against DED's

ABLE1

Nov 18, 2022, 8:38:29 AM11/18/22
Well Jim you peaked my curiosity!! Never heard about the DED's before
I did a little searching. I found this to be interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXVqh9DR4rw&t=169s

Also there is some thoughts that DED's can be used against COVID.

When will it stop??

Les

Jim Davis

Nov 20, 2022, 10:02:02 PM11/20/22
Well, - - - - - - - funny you should say that because - ---- it just may be "stopping" along with everything else having to do with the World Wide web and the Internet. As a matter of fact, as I was gathering information on the DED's, I kept getting hints that there was something massive amiss the deeper I went down the rabbit hole. You can take heed or not but I'd warn you that it would be a good idea to start saving as much data that you can over the next few months. It may not come to pass but it seems that due to the poor economy causing various shortages of various items, that among other vital items, that bits are going to be in short supply in the near future. Of course, it's easy to speculate that shortly afterwards, mega bytes, gigabytes and so on, will be on the shortage list after which it is anticipated to bring down the entire data storage industry.
So be prepared and begin now to save as much data as you can. There's no telling how long the shortage will last.

ABLE1

Nov 21, 2022, 7:54:04 AM11/21/22
Hi Jim,

So then are you saying that the iCloud and other Clouds will be
vaporized or dissipated?? Does that mean I will get my $0.99
back as a refund?? Or should I say, how long will it take to get
my Refund?? Do the electrons know about this as yet??

Les

Bob La Londe

Jan 10, 2023, 9:38:54 PM1/10/23

"Mel's Diner? REALLY AGENT BEAN. Couldn't YOU pick a place to meet
that at least had a decent cup of coffee."

"You just confessed to spying on a federal agent and you are worried
about the coffee?"

"NO SIR!" said Covenant emphatically. "We spied on a kid who lied about
what he wanted to borrow some equipment for. We only wanted to make
sure he didn't get in trouble, and it looks like he is in heaps."

"Being creepy is no better."

"Sir, please stop." Bit Trapper intervened holding up a hand. "We may
not play by the same rules, but I think we are both trying to do the
right thing here. We can do things you can't. I think we uncovered the
most sinister illegal government domestic spying system, and its being
distributed by institutions and government systems. Maybe even the
phone company. Its being spread by some of the most invasive virus and
worm code we have ever seen. We've seen pieces of it in the wild. On
top of that we think you and your boy might be in danger."

"Okay tell me what exactly you think you found."

Covenant now calmed down proceeded, "Trapper is right on this. It looks
like a small time warez hacker with the handle Johnny Appleseed
downloaded a partial copy of the system and saved it on VHS tapes.
Nobody has seen him on line in a few years either. We rented one and
figured out it was data pretty quickly. Then we figured out it was the
same data your boy was accessing when he borrowed Trapper's modem. We
were just renting a video and we got lucky. The tape was dragging and
when we opened up the case we found a transmitter rigged to transmit a
beacon when the tape was played. We are not sure who would have
responded, but we were able to remove and disable it before it did."

Bit Trapper continued, "If he has the same tape your whole family may be
in danger. We know it makes us look bad, but the right thing to do was
to warn you."

"You know I'm not cyber crimes right? That's FBI."

"Listen I don't care about that right now. The first thing I wanted to
do is tell you and protect Bennie. He really is a good kid even if he's
a little to smart for his own good," Covenant replied. "We don't know
what to do next, but the first thing was to set up a meet and warn you."

"So what are you going to do Agent Bean?" Trapper asked?

"I have to cover my butt and report this contact with known/suspected
criminal hackers. The story is you got a fake twenty and you thought I
might be interested since Bennie told you I was Secret Service. That's
it. You found it in your cash drawer at your computer store. End of
story. Its probably nothing, but there is always a chance another agent
might follow up."

Covenants eyes narrowed suspiciously as he asked, "You settin' us up
sir? Isn't lying to a federal agent a crime?"

"Quick ain'tcha?!" laughed Agent Bean as he passed some money across the
table. "Pay for the coffee with the ten and leave Alice the change.
When you get back to your store put the twenty in the cash register.
Then you won't be lying. If you get asked tell them I told you to pass
it on to local law enforcement. Its to small for us." he paused and
said, "Now to be clear, when you get back to your store call local law
enforcement and give them that bill. Its to small for us."

"How the heck did you have a plan like that ready to go?" Trapper asked
as Agent Bean slid out of the booth and stood up.

"I didn't. I just thought of right now. The waitress were I had
breakfast gave me the bad twenty with my change this morning. I figured
cover for some 'informants' is as good of a use for it as any and it
will still be out of circulation."

"So what should we do?"

"Put that tape in a safe place and don't tell anybody you have it. I
need to check some things. I'll get in touch if I need you. You guys
willing to help."

"Cover this up? Absolutely not. We already made copies and made sure
even if you were one of the bad guys it will get out if we don't check
in periodically."

Agent Bean smiled as he said, "I thought you might. That's why I
figured there was no point in asking for the tape. No, if this is what
you think it is, and I have to confirm that, I'm not going to be part of
any cover up. If its something else I will eventually have to report on
it."

Bob La Londe

Jan 10, 2023, 9:44:11 PM1/10/23
"A LAZER! WHY CAN'T I JUST HAVE AN ORDINARY FRICKIN' LAZER??? Just give
me an ordinary ten godzillawatt lazer already!"

Jim Davis

Jan 12, 2023, 12:57:44 PM1/12/23
Please contact Skywalker Ranch. They seem to have ALL kinds of stuff like that buried in the desert someplace.

Bob La Londe

Jan 12, 2023, 3:25:23 PM1/12/23
Those silly "reality" shows. You and Les both huh? LOL.

--
Bob La Londe
CNC Molds N Stuff

Jim Davis

Jan 12, 2023, 8:29:48 PM1/12/23
Nah, Don't watch that crap.

Besides, it's on at the same time as the Kardashians ;-DD

ABLE1

Jan 13, 2023, 8:30:43 AM1/13/23
Sorry for the delay. I just spent a couple of days in the hospital
getting a bit of heart surgery for a mild heart attack. :-(

As for the "reality" shows, I try to be selective...................

Les

Bob La Londe

Jan 13, 2023, 11:27:22 AM1/13/23
Tomato potato

Reality sur-reality

Jim Davis

Jan 14, 2023, 5:05:37 PM1/14/23
On Friday, January 13, 2023 at 8:30:43 AM UTC-5, ABLE1 wrote:

> > Nah, Don't watch that crap.
> >
> > Besides, it's on at the same time as the Kardashians ;-DD

> Sorry for the delay. I just spent a couple of days in the hospital
> getting a bit of heart surgery for a mild heart attack. :-(
>
> As for the "reality" shows, I try to be selective...................
>
> Les
W H A T !
HOLY CRAP !
That's too much.
I mean how could we have even expected that you HAD a heart :-D

So what happened Les? Wife asked you to take out the garbage once to often? Having sex with your mistress? Explaining how to use her alarm system to old Mrs Smith ONE MORE TIME ! Paying the bills for your kids Christmas gifts ?
You know - - - - -
"A Mans Four Stages of Christmas
1. He believes in Santa Claus
2. He doesn't believe in Santa Claus
3. He looks like Santa Claus
4. He IS Santa Claus.
So What happened? You gonna be OK?

ABLE1

Jan 14, 2023, 8:44:58 PM1/14/23
Thanks Jim,

To answer your last two questions.

I had some hard pressure on my chest that would not go away.
I had my wife dial 911 and was transported to the hospital.
Went though all the testing and stuff. They finally pushed
a tube up my arm artery into the heart and placed a stent
into a blocked artery somewhere. Been discharged and now have
a new batch of pills I have to take and other stuff to do.

I have enough work to do and now I have to do more stuff!!!

I am gonna be OK for as long as I can.

Thanks for asking.......................

Les

Bob La Londe

Jan 15, 2023, 1:17:27 PM1/15/23
Les, you got to take care of yourself. There aren't many people on this
earth I like much. We can't afford to lose one.