Gluing plastic to sculpture.

rdani...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2018, 1:31:54 AM3/12/18
I am trying to glue these plastic wings to this sculpture of a foot. I am not totally sure what the sculpture is made of. It has good weight, sounds hollow when i thump it, and has been painted over a smooth black color. The surfaces are uneven and only touch at a couple places where i want to glue them together. Is there a material i can glue in between them to ensure more contact between the surfaces? Should i just glue them the best i can? Two part epoxy or another adhesive? Any advice would be appreciated.

DeepestBlue2

Mar 12, 2018, 10:14:34 PM3/12/18
Gorilla glue should work. It bonds dissimilar materials really well and sticks to damned near everything. The only thing to look out for is that it needs to be clamped and you only need a very tiny amount because it expands when curing.