NEW..BEAUTIFUL MASTERPIECE SCULPTURE BY ARTHUR WILLIAMS..FEMALE NUDE TORSO

Sculpture4Sale

Sep 25, 2006, 9:24:01 AM9/25/06
I have a very exquisite resin figure casting done by Arthur
Williams..see http://sculpturebooks.com for a Bio. This is a Torso (see
attached photo below..more upon request). This piece is one of only ten
and Mr. Williams stopped doing this type of resins after these because
of the dangers in molding (gases). All pieces were originally sold in
approximately sixty (60) days. Called "Rachel", the piece received its
name from the Old Testament Biblical reference due to the time spent on
her, the love of work involved, and the resulting beauty. It was his
FAVORITE! It is the largest single (figure) resin casting that he ever
did and it is one of the works featured in his sculpture book...The
Sculpture Reference. He has works in over 25 states, holds five degrees
including an MFA and a DA in 3D Art, currently full Professor of Art,
chairman of the Art Department of William Carey College on the Coast,
and he is the proud holder of an Endowed Chair. Contact us by
email...RachelRMS990@aol.com with inquiries/offers. Retail $20,000.00

http://artbrokerage.com/artdata/misc/W/williams_rachel.htm

Jud Turner

Sep 25, 2006, 6:28:22 PM9/25/06
Sculpture4Sale wrote:
> I have a very exquisite resin figure casting done by Arthur
> William........ with inquiries/offers. Retail $20,000.00

This is spam, and not really relevant to this group (I changed your
subject so others would be clear about the content).
The people who read this group are all artists, and by definition, we
aren't people with $20,000 to spend on a sculpture, that many of us
could do better.

thanks in advance for not posting this crap again !

- jud
www.judturner.com

Jud Turner

Sep 25, 2006, 6:30:55 PM9/25/06
Oooopss. I didn't realize this SPAM was cross-posted to all these
other groups. I was only referring the alt.sculpture group.
It looks like some of the other groups would be okay with this, as they
seem to welcome commerce postings.

my bad.

- jud
www.judturner.com

Message has been deleted

Sculpture4Sale

Sep 26, 2006, 9:24:52 AM9/26/06
You are a REAL JERK! You erroneously call my post spam, demean the
Artist's work, then commercially post and promote your own garbage!
You are the only "Real Piece of Work", here! Now, your drivel is
posted and archived for all prospective clients, peers, cohorts, etc.
to see your professionalism, or the lack thereof!

Jud Turner, REAL JERK, whined and then commercially posted...

Message has been deleted

Jud Turner

Sep 26, 2006, 10:43:00 AM9/26/06
Thanks for that meaningful critique, Marcus. So, who do you think I
ripped off, exactly ? My goat has a big belly, Picasso's goat had a
big belly. Pretty different works, otherwise. And where is your work
? I'm curious.

- Jud
www.judturner.com

Marcus Denning wrote:
> "Sculpture4Sale" <Rachel...@aol.com> wrote:
> > You are a real JERK!
>
> snip.
>
> Went to the jud website. The work is very poor, mostly ripoffs of other
> artists, including a very bad one based on Picasso's goat. Some of the
> flashier pieces may find homes in corporate offices.
>
> BTW, I have no idea who jud is, so my evaluation is based solely on the
> work.
>
> Marcus

Jud Turner

Sep 26, 2006, 10:49:41 AM9/26/06
Sculpture4Sale wrote:
> You are a REAL JERK! You erroneously call my post spam, demean the
> Artist's work, then commercially post and promote your own garbage!
> You are the only "Real Piece of Work", here! Now, your drivel is
> posted and archived for all prospective clients, peers, cohorts, etc.
> to see your professionalism, or the lack thereof!

Hi - thanks for the feedback. The only group of these that I read is
alt.sculpture. That group isn't real welcoming of people who only
post to sell stuff, which was why I made the original comment. I
overlooked the fact that you posted to multiple groups, some of which
are intended for posts like yours. That's why I did a second post, and
owned the error.
The only stuff you've ever posted, when I look at your profile, is this
advertisement for this particular sculpture.
I have no worries about being archived, and I stand behind what I say.
That's why I use my real name, and sign with my URL - so that people
can see who I am, and the work that I do, and take my comments in
context. It's fine if you find my work to be garbage. That's the
great thing about art - something for all of us.

good luck selling the sculpture.

- Jud
www.judturner.com

Sculpture4Sale

Sep 26, 2006, 11:49:37 AM9/26/06

Jud Turner

Sep 26, 2006, 11:59:36 AM9/26/06

anarc...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2006, 1:58:56 PM9/26/06

Jud Turner wrote:
> Sculpture4Sale wrote:
> > You are a REAL JERK! You erroneously call my post spam, demean the
> > Artist's work, then commercially post and promote your own garbage!
> > You are the only "Real Piece of Work", here! Now, your drivel is
> > posted and archived for all prospective clients, peers, cohorts, etc.
> > to see your professionalism, or the lack thereof!
>
> Hi - thanks for the feedback. The only group of these that I read is
> alt.sculpture. That group isn't real welcoming of people who only
> post to sell stuff, which was why I made the original comment. I
> overlooked the fact that you posted to multiple groups, some of which
> are intended for posts like yours. That's why I did a second post, and
> owned the error.

It's not an error. Posting commercial advertising to alt.sculpture,
alt.art, and rec.arts.fine is spamming. I have reported the source
to my ISP. These people have throwaway accounts but sometimes
you can get the newssite blocked.

Mark

Sep 26, 2006, 7:19:13 PM9/26/06
I'm not sure there is an artist alive (or dead, Pablo) who didn't
'borrow' off his fellow artists! The quetion for me is whether the
borrowing adds to or detracts from the original. For what it's worth I
see Picasso and Gonzalez' influence in Jud's work, but I think he does
quite interesting things with their original ideas.

I think the problem here is that the poster tried to sell on the
newsgroup, albeit probably in error, which is different from letting
others know what you do by referencing your personal site.

Mark

www.markpiercesculpture.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Marc Wigle

Mar 26, 2007, 12:13:34 AM3/26/07
Richard Scoville!!! Glad to have you back... moron!!! To get to know Mr
Scoville, either Google "Richard Scoville" or "Freespeechstore". This clown
is a menace to all law-abiding and sane people out in the real world... a
world that Richard Scoville abandoned long ago. His website and hundreds of
email accounts have been nuked over the years... so many that he no longer
has access to a website to spout his disgusting views. Google him to find
out more... truly enlightening how a scumbag like Scoville has not been
locked up for his own good and the rest of the world. He even has a Usenet
group named after him along with numerous Google groups in his honour.

The next time that he "graces" one of these groups, remind him that he
smells like he pissed himself... he'll know what you're referring to.

"Sculpture4Sale" <Rachel...@aol.com> SPAMMED in message
>I am a BOOB and should stop yanking myself to Rachel.

guettai...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2017, 8:18:11 PM4/18/17
Hi, I have a question about Mr Williams work. My name is Heather and have recently aquired one of his stone sculptures

wfvbowrepai...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2018, 2:05:37 PM9/19/18
On Tuesday, 18 April 2017 19:18:11 UTC-5, guettai...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I have a question about Mr Williams work. My name is Heather and have recently aquired one of his stone sculptures

Arthur Williams is my father. I would very much like to talk to you about it, or anyone else who owns one of his works. My name is Dustin Williams and I am a professional violin luthier in Nashville, Tennessee, the owner of Williams Fine Violins & Luthier Studios. Please call anytime: 615-429-2927