Skycards????

1 view

Nice Company

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

Hi!

I=B4m reading all messages about SKY cards,but
I=B4m still confused.

What is a Sky 11, Sky 10 and phoenix?

Does anybody know a website where I can find out more about =

videocrypt card etc?

Thanks in advance

Jesse

m...@nedernet.nl

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

On Tue, 22 Apr 1997 00:40:01 +0200, Nice Company <nicec...@geocities.com>
wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I=B4m reading all messages about SKY cards,but
>I=B4m still confused.
>
>What is a Sky 11, Sky 10 and phoenix?

Sky 11 and 10 are the issue numbers of smartcard series which are required by
the decoder to decode the Sky Television programs. The current smartcard series
in use is 11. The 10 cards are now obsolete.

Phoenix is used to refer to hardware (a special interface which can 'talk' to
cards) and software which can reactivate dead smartcards after Sky has killed
them.

>Does anybody know a website where I can find out more about =
>
>videocrypt card etc?

Try Defiant at www.eurosat.com. Although Defiant does *not* carry any Sky
related hacking stuff you'll find plenty of links to interesting pages. Also try
Paul Maxwell-King's pages where you'll find out how to order/make your own
Phoenix interface. (www.eurosat.com/paulmax)

Regards,
Mijo.

---