Garmin Vista Hcx and Track Line

croy

May 20, 2020, 12:32:30 PM5/20/20
When I first got this Garmin Vista Hcx handheld, and I turned on the Track Log and started
hiking, the track would show on the map view. About a year ago, it stopped showing the track
as I hiked. I've spent hours trying to find a setting for this, and have come up empty.

Can anyone here suggest how I can get this unit to show me my track as I hike?

Thanks,

--
croy

Bill Bradshaw

May 20, 2020, 1:22:15 PM5/20/20
Do you still have your Owners manual? If not, I can send you a pdf file of
it. I still use my Hcx because you can make your own maps for it.
--
<Bill>

Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska

croy

May 21, 2020, 4:02:12 PM5/21/20
On Wed, 20 May 2020 09:22:10 -0800, "Bill Bradshaw" <brad...@gci.net> wrote:

>Do you still have your Owners manual?

I do, and I've been thru it at least a dozen times, to no avail. But! You comment got me to
go thru it once again, and this time I found the secret. After finding it, I'm not surprised
that I missed it so many times before.

Thank you very much!

The setting is (of course) called "Track Log". The part I don't understand now is why wouldn't
a person set it to the highest setting (500 miles), all the time? Is there something else I'm
missing?

--
croy

Bill Bradshaw

May 22, 2020, 12:50:20 PM5/22/20
Did you have wrap when full unchecked?

<Bill>

croy

May 22, 2020, 2:50:09 PM5/22/20
On Fri, 22 May 2020 08:50:15 -0800, "Bill Bradshaw" <brad...@gci.net> wrote:

>Did you have wrap when full unchecked?

No, it is checked.

--
croy

croy

May 23, 2020, 1:45:06 PM5/23/20
On Fri, 22 May 2020 08:50:15 -0800, "Bill Bradshaw" <brad...@gci.net> wrote:

>Did you have wrap when full unchecked?

No, it is checked. But I don't see the connection. The setting I was after turned out to be
for what maximum zoom level would still show the current track on the screen. I haven't
thought of a reason why that would even be a setting--it seems to me that it would be more
useful for the setting to be to show the track or not. Why would it / should it make a
difference what the zoom level is?

--
croy