Magellan RoadMate is worthless

Olin Spar

Aug 26, 2012, 10:11:22 PM8/26/12
On my Magellan RoadMate 2036-MU, the map (version 46.03) and software (version 4.92) are updated to the current versions.

The RoadMate works splendidly, except that when "go" is pressed for navigational instructions, the unit displays a message that it must shut down and restart to save the data. When the unit restarts, it forgets about navigation. So, navigation doesn't work.

Also, it is impossible to delete the "home" address -- the unit restarts and forgets to delete that address.

So, if all you need is a map display, by all means buy a Magellan RoadMate. If you want to navigate, you'd better buy a Garmin.
Message has been deleted

Olin Spar

Oct 15, 2012, 7:26:26 PM10/15/12
UPDATE
Magellan gave me a free replacement unit, and it works properly. I called Magellan's support center, and they were familiar with the issue that had bricked my unit. Magellan gave me a repair order number, and I shipped my nonworking unit to a Magellan office in Tennessee. Several days later, I received -- free of charge -- a reconditioned unit as a replacement.

Olin Spar

Apr 1, 2013, 11:15:06 AM4/1/13
The reconditioned unit works very well. Kudos to Magellan!

Bill27612

Aug 23, 2013, 5:23:18 PM8/23/13
On Monday, April 1, 2013 11:15:06 AM UTC-4, Olin Spar wrote:
> The reconditioned unit works very well. Kudos to Magellan!

Never brag on Magellan....they will bite you in the ass ....worst company I've ever dealt with...

BB