Edge Explore not recognising USB data connection after W10 upgrade to PC

David

Jul 31, 2023, 10:50:09 AM7/31/23
After some issues getting the USB3.0 and USB3.1 ports working after the
upgrade, I can now see USB devices connected.
However the Garmin Edge Explore is stubbornly refusing to recognise that
it is connected to a data connection and so just charges.

I know that this is a black art but it worked on W7.

It also works on W8.1.

Wondering if I should try a USB 2 port.

Anyone encountered this and solved it?

Cheers

Dave R

--
AMD FX-6300 in GA-990X-Gaming SLI-CF running Windows 10 x64

David

Jul 31, 2023, 11:00:25 AM7/31/23
On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 14:50:05 +0000, David wrote:

> After some issues getting the USB3.0 and USB3.1 ports working after the
> upgrade, I can now see USB devices connected.
> However the Garmin Edge Explore is stubbornly refusing to recognise that
> it is connected to a data connection and so just charges.
>
> I know that this is a black art but it worked on W7.
>
> It also works on W8.1.
>
> Wondering if I should try a USB 2 port.

Well, there's a thing.

Plugged into USB 2 port and it connected right away.

One more thing learned.