FTA Question

Edward Theodore Gein

Apr 12, 2011, 7:41:19 AM4/12/11
There doesn't seem to be much going on in this group these days.

I'm thinking of trying out FTA programming (the legal kind, no hacks or
whatever) but when I look at the channels available on the various
satellite listings, I can only see religious programming, pretty much,
along with Al Jazeera. Lyngsat seem to list all sorts of things, but
I've yet to figure out the Lyngsat listings.

Are any of the American networks (for instance) available on any
satellite that I can see from, say, Kingston, Ontario?

What should I start out with? I don't mind spending a few hundred bux on
this. What satellite should I start with? What about HD?

So many answers, so few questions.
--
one more silver dollar
weed whites and wine

Bast

Jun 13, 2011, 3:20:41 PM6/13/11

If you are in Kingston Ontario, and have little more than CBC available OTA.
Or having to pay at least $100 every month for a few cable channels, or
Expressvu or Starchoice (your only LEGAL sat options)

You won't be sorry investing in FTA

You may be surprised at how much better the programming is on FTA,...even on
the bible thumper channels.

None of the American "networks" are available on "legal" FTA, but they don't
have much worth watching anyway.
And you can get those over the internet now.

Get a good box, (I personally like my viewsats) and a motorized dish.
HD is now becoming the norm everywhere.

For movies, get yourself a netflix membership and you are all set