RV + Hotel accomodations near Grand Canyon

david

Jan 22, 2005, 1:30:23 PM1/22/05
We are planning a summer Grand Canyon trip (from Cleveland).
We are trying to talk other non-RVing family members into joining us,
so we are looking for a place that can handle kids in RVs,
plus Grandma and Grandpa in a hotel or condo or other
79-year-old-with-pacemaker-friendly accomodations.

All help appreciated.

Thanks,
David

--
Sent by misterhappytalks from yahoo subdomain of com

pot...@potc.net

Jan 22, 2005, 8:42:20 PM1/22/05
>plus Grandma and Grandpa in a hotel or >condo or other
>79-year-old-with-pacemaker-friendly accomodations.
Last time there we stayed in the park service hotel right in the middle
of things. Furnishings spartan, but clean. Food in the cafeteria was
close to enedible. Don't know what looking over the canyon rim would
do to a pacemaker. It's always taken my breath away. Understand there
have been some changes in RV accomodations. Send for U.S. Park Service
brochures.

Joe Hoechst

Jan 23, 2005, 9:33:15 AM1/23/05

"david" <u5068...@spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net> wrote in message

> We are planning a summer Grand Canyon trip (from Cleveland).
> We are trying to talk other non-RVing family members into joining us,
> so we are looking for a place that can handle kids in RVs,
> plus Grandma and Grandpa in a hotel or condo or other
> 79-year-old-with-pacemaker-friendly accomodations.
>
> All help appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> David

Try this site.

http://www.nps.gov/grca/pphtml/lodging.html

You may want to make reservations now or as soon as possible.

Joe

pdd...@yahoo.com

Jan 23, 2005, 10:11:04 AM1/23/05
Having been there I would recommend the North Rim. It is quieter,
prettier and has both RV and other accommodations available. The RV
area has no hookups but has dump and water available nearby. The Lodge
has a very good restuarant with a spectacular view of the canyon. It is
not near any town of any size though.

P Deen

Russ Bolton

Jan 23, 2005, 1:18:30 PM1/23/05
I would like to relay our absolutely favorite RV site is "Railside" in
Williams AZ, just south of Grand Canyon. There is a steam (sometimes
assisted by an old diesel) that runs right by the park going to the south
rim once or twice a day. The people are just super nice is what we liked
about it the most. Williams is a friendly town also. The train ride is well
worth the time also but you only spend about two hours at the canyon so you
should plan to go back the next day to get your fill of the sights. There is
a free shuttle bus system provided by NPS, as traffic is restricted along
the rim. A good deal.

I know nothing about non-RV stuff there.

PS I have no connection with any of the above

Russ 2003 31 ft Fleetwood Terra no toad

<pot...@potc.net> wrote in message

MTV

Jan 23, 2005, 2:23:24 PM1/23/05
Russ Bolton wrote:
> I would like to relay our absolutely favorite RV site is "Railside" in
> Williams AZ, just south of Grand Canyon. There is a steam (sometimes
> assisted by an old diesel) that runs right by the park going to the south
> rim once or twice a day. The people are just super nice is what we liked
> about it the most. Williams is a friendly town also. The train ride is well
> worth the time also but you only spend about two hours at the canyon so you
> should plan to go back the next day to get your fill of the sights. There is
> a free shuttle bus system provided by NPS, as traffic is restricted along
> the rim. A good deal.
>
> I know nothing about non-RV stuff there.
>
> PS I have no connection with any of the above

We stayed at Railside in October and loved hearing the train come "home" at
night. There's also a very nice hotel at the end of the rail line, plus a
few of the usual chains along the highway. Williams is the "Gateway to the
Grand Canyon" south rim, about an hour's drive south. On the main I-40. We
also took an easy day trip to Prescott and Sedona. (But big MHs shouldn't
try the narrow switchback roads.) One day we did a loop up to south rim and
east to the observation tower and on to Flagstaff and back on I-40. No
vehicle restrictions "off-season." There's also a KOA that looked decent on
the edge of Willams.

Marv

Avalanche 2500 & 26' Rockwood TT.