DEAD TRUMPERS CAN'T VOTE!! ANOTHER WIN FOR COVID!

tRUMP One Term Loser!!!!!

Nov 8, 2021, 4:09:19 PM11/8/21
As GOP supporters die of Covid, the party remains split in its vaccination
message
Analysis: Top Trump supporters keep casting doubt on Covid-19 vaccines.
Ahead of next year's midterms, that means missing a chance to give Trump
credit.

WASHINGTON — As the delta variant of the coronavirus courses through the
American bloodstream, the Republican Party can't make up its mind about
vaccines.

Former President Donald Trump has said that people should get inoculated
but also that he wants to respect their right to choose not to. For the
most part, he's been as reluctant to urge vaccinations as his political
base has been resistant — perhaps leery of crossing his own voters, even
though deaths are higher in traditionally conservative regions.

While Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., urged Americans to
get dosed this week and House Minority Whip Steve Scalise, R-La., released
a photo of his injection, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., was
suspended from Twitter for spreading misinformation that played down the
risk of the virus, which has killed more than 600,000 people in the U.S.

Fox News prime-time hosts Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity, both major
influencers within Republican circles, have split over the issue. Carlson
is fueling vaccine skepticism; Hannity, who once played down the risk of
the virus, is urging Americans to take the jab. Laura Ingraham, another
high-profile Fox host, has given voice to skeptics and accused Democrats
of "coercion" in promoting vaccines.

"I can't say it enough: Enough people have died. We don't need any more
death," Hannity said on his show Monday. "I believe in the science of
vaccination."

It's not clear yet whether the mixed messaging, coming against the
backdrop of a surge of infections in the U.S., will have an effect on next
year's midterm elections or a possible Trump bid for the presidency in
2024. But some Republicans are befuddled by loud anti-vaccine voices
drowning out the credit Trump wants to take for having pushed development
of coronavirus countermeasures through Operation Warp Speed.

"I don't understand it," Republican GOP strategist Brad Todd said, adding,
"I didn't understand it when [2020 North Carolina Democratic Senate
candidate] Cal Cunningham and Kamala Harris tried to cast doubt on Warp
Speed."

In September, during the stretch run of the presidential campaign, Harris
sounded a note of skepticism about Trump's promotion of then-forthcoming
vaccines.

"I will say that I would not trust Donald Trump and it would have to be a
credible source of information that talks about the efficacy and the
reliability of whatever he's talking about," Harris said on CNN. "I will
not take his word for it."

But the politics of vaccination have changed, and Democratic strategists
see a common thread running through conspiracy theories embraced by the
GOP that include misinformation about the vaccines and Trump's lie that
the last election was rigged. Democratic voters, the strategists say, are
extremely concerned about Republican leaders' selling lies that incite
voters to take dangerous action — or, in the case of the vaccines — no
action.

"It's definitely a turnout issue on our side," said Julia Kennedy, a
Democratic strategist who worked on President Joe Biden's campaign. "It is
definitely still at the top of people's minds, because they are connecting
Republican candidates with the Capitol insurrection, conspiracy theories
over the vaccine and the big lie."

For Republicans, the calculus is more complex, and the party's putative
leader, Trump, has tried to have it both ways. He is consistent in his
message that he is responsible for the development of the vaccines and
that they have his seal of approval for Americans who want to get
inoculated. But he has also provided rhetorical comfort for people who opt
against vaccination, an ambiguity that began with his decision to receive
his vaccination privately and not to use the occasion to persuade others.

"I would recommend it to a lot of people that don't want to get it, and a
lot of those people voted for me, frankly," he told Fox Business in March.
"But again, we have our freedoms, and we have to live by that, and I agree
with that also. But it is a great vaccine. It is a safe vaccine, and it is
something that works."

Despite the divide in the party, many Republicans see little electoral
danger for the midterms.

Elijah Haahr, a former Missouri House speaker, said there's an asymmetry
to the voting public. For those who have chosen not to get vaccinated, he
said, "that will be their No. 1 issue, and they will vote against the
party that wants to force them to vaccinate." On the other side of the
spectrum, he said, people who have been vaccinated are more likely to put
other issues front and center by the time they go to the polls next year.

But Kennedy said Democrats will still be fired up, because skepticism
about vaccines is part of what her party's voters see as a pattern of
harmful disinformation and misinformation coming from GOP officials and
their allies in conservative media.

"Our people are tying it to all of these other things," Kennedy said. "As
happy as people are that we got Trump out of office, the threat is so real
and still in people's face."

For all voters, the urgency may have everything to do with where the fight
against Covid-19 stands in the fall of 2022.

"It depends on the progress of the pandemic between now and the midterm,"
said Michael Steel, a GOP strategist.

What Steel said he can't understand — along with millions of Americans in
both parties — is why some of Trump's top supporters are casting doubt on
vaccines and why Trump himself hasn't been even more present in
encouraging people to get vaccinated.

"These are Trump vaccines," Steel said. "He should be standing on the roof
of Trump Tower shouting at people to take vaccines."

Get the Morning Rundown

Get a head start on the morning's top stories.
This site is protected by recaptcha Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
Jonathan Allen

Jonathan Allen is a senior national politics reporter for NBC News, based
in Washington.
by Taboola
Sponsored Stories
All Things AutoNew Cadillac's Finally On Sale
TrendingGiftsHere Are 23 of the Coolest Gifts for This 2021

tRUMP One Term Loser!!!!!

Nov 9, 2021, 4:04:09 PM11/9/21

tRUMP One Term Loser!!!!!

Nov 9, 2021, 5:11:01 PM11/9/21