hapey berthday lob!

auuV

Jul 18, 2021, 7:31:49 PM7/18/21
:)

nob...@nowhere.com

Jul 19, 2021, 12:44:33 AM7/19/21
On Mon, 19 Jul 2021 00:31:45 +0100, auuV <au...@zehen.invalid> wrote:

> :)

hapey berthday auuv! :)

<klik!>

|2020-03-506

Wasnt there something else scheduled for today?

auuV

Jul 19, 2021, 7:19:47 AM7/19/21
On Mon, 19 Jul 2021 05:44:38 +0100, nob...@nowhere.com wrote:

>On Mon, 19 Jul 2021 00:31:45 +0100, auuV <au...@zehen.invalid> wrote:
>
>> :)
>
>hapey berthday auuv! :)

E! :)))

hapey berthday! :)

><klik!>
>
>|2020-03-506
>
>Wasnt there something else scheduled for today?

Ooh, I think there was something, sure enough. What was it, again?

auuV

Jul 19, 2021, 7:22:10 AM7/19/21
Was it the launch of Freedom Scones? Or did I just invent those last
night when falling asleep?

auuV

Jul 19, 2021, 7:25:12 AM7/19/21
http://www.eduardolife.com/blog/2011/03/18/freedom-scone

|3/4 cup coconut oil + 1 teaspoon
|1/4 cup water
|1 cup of coconut oil
|1/2 cup of dates, pitted
|1 teaspoon vanilla
|1/2 teaspoon baking powder
|1/8 teaspoon baking soda
|1 cup gluten free all purpose flour +1 tablespoon gluten free flour (for dusting)
|Pinch sea salt
|2 oz organic dark chocolate, coarsely chopped (you could skip this, I guess, but WHY?)
|1/2 cup raw, organic walnuts, coarsely chopped

Thats a weird ass-scone! :|

auuV

Jul 19, 2021, 7:28:48 AM7/19/21
What is a scone, really? (Serious TV d00d voice.)

WP:

===
A scone (/sk?n/ or /sko?n/) is a baked good, usually made of either
wheat or oatmeal with baking powder as a leavening agent, and baked on
sheet pans. A scone is often slightly sweetened and occasionally
glazed with egg wash.
===

Yep. I am familiar with plain, cheez, fruit (sultanas or cherries),
herb, etc, versions. But not chocolate. For pitys sake, Eduardo!

nob...@nowhere.com

Jul 25, 2021, 1:50:01 AM7/25/21
Was it the heatwave? I bet it was the heatwave.

nob...@nowhere.com

Jul 25, 2021, 1:52:37 AM7/25/21
No, I bet theyre a thing. 911 and all that.

nob...@nowhere.com

Jul 25, 2021, 1:56:11 AM7/25/21
Omitting either the coconut or the walnut would be fine. Personally I
could do without the chocolate, but I know that many cannot.

But combining all three? Fagitodivergent. :|

nob...@nowhere.com

Jul 25, 2021, 1:58:42 AM7/25/21
If a pizza can be a vegetable and a jaffa biscuit can be a cake (or is
it vice versa?) both for tax reasons, then Im pretty sure a scone can be
whatever you want it to be.

"I was qssigned scone at birth but I idqntify as a cake."

auuV

Jul 28, 2021, 10:37:08 AM7/28/21
Hasnt the heatwave been going on for years? As far back as we can
remember?

Can we remember anything? Is this one of those films?

auuV

Jul 28, 2021, 10:41:52 AM7/28/21
Thats a lot of scones. :|

auuV

Jul 28, 2021, 10:43:37 AM7/28/21
Id not thank you for these, even though I like coconut, walnut (within
reason) and scones. Agreed that putting the chocolate into the mix
would be a very bad idea.

auuV

Jul 28, 2021, 10:51:05 AM7/28/21
They can be presented in a variety of sizes, styles and flavours and
still be perfectly delicious scones. Look at potato scones, drop
scones, Scotch scones, cherry scones, the big pan-sized scones that
are cut into segments, cheez scones, herb scones, fruit scones (ie
sultanas) - a big variety.

I was going to put "oven bottom scones" as the top tier there, but on
checking I find that they are known as "oven bottom muffins". They
are from Lancashire, AIUI, and available from supermarkets, and my mum
really, really liked them.

NOTE: A "drop scone" is aka a Scotch pancaek, so theres a h*ck of a
lot of variety!

nob...@nowhere.com

Aug 1, 2021, 12:18:24 PM8/1/21
Shit, the heatwave! Id forgotten all about that! :O

>Can we remember anything? Is this one of those films?

I think its more or less established now that this is all a simulation.
We are all Sims, and unfortunately the sim is being run by a 13 year old
boy who has been in trouble before. :(

nob...@nowhere.com

Aug 1, 2021, 12:22:49 PM8/1/21
Fuckers already ate all the doughs nut. :|

nob...@nowhere.com

Aug 1, 2021, 12:26:15 PM8/1/21
Whenever anyone mentions chocolate I always think of a receipe that went
wrong. (Thanks entirely to PJ Plaugher and his march 1994 column in
Embedded Systems Programming.)

nob...@nowhere.com

Aug 1, 2021, 12:26:44 PM8/1/21
Oh scones, is there nothing you cant do?

auuV

Aug 5, 2021, 2:28:10 PM8/5/21
Well, har, I say, umph!

auuV

Aug 5, 2021, 2:32:48 PM8/5/21
You know how they make cronuts, etc. How about a sconut?

auuV

Aug 5, 2021, 2:33:48 PM8/5/21
Ah, yes. Good, practical info and it teaches a greater lesson, too.

auuV

Aug 5, 2021, 2:38:10 PM8/5/21
What's the original, please?

nob...@nowhere.com

Aug 25, 2021, 11:01:02 AM8/25/21
Thats because you were *programmed* to say harumph. You had no choice.

nob...@nowhere.com

Aug 25, 2021, 11:04:20 AM8/25/21
Tried that. Supreme Court Of Not United Tates made us take it down. :(

nob...@nowhere.com

Aug 25, 2021, 11:05:48 AM8/25/21
In full generality: always have an exit strategy.

Cough something .af something cough.

nob...@nowhere.com

Aug 25, 2021, 11:07:13 AM8/25/21
It came to me via _The Simpsons_. Dont know if that was the original
though. Doubt it, in fact.

auuV

Sep 6, 2021, 12:59:14 PM9/6/21
Its a weird one.

auuV

Sep 6, 2021, 12:59:50 PM9/6/21
Of course.

auuV

Sep 6, 2021, 1:01:14 PM9/6/21
Well that sucks.

I saw some other bakery abomination recently but cant remember what it
was. They are usually some blend of croissant, donut, bagel, IIRC.

auuV

Sep 6, 2021, 1:03:11 PM9/6/21
Well bugger that.

nob...@nowhere.com

Sep 8, 2021, 11:46:54 PM9/8/21
There is a theory that if we are in a simulation we should create as
much unique "content" as possible, to make it harder and harder, and
more and more expensive, to render.

That would be one way to bugger it. :)

nob...@nowhere.com

Sep 8, 2021, 11:49:46 PM9/8/21
Nauseating if true. And ever since I saw turducken I cannot rule any
such thing out. :(

auuV

Sep 11, 2021, 3:55:08 PM9/11/21
If I was living in a simulation, why would I want to bugger it?

auuV

Sep 11, 2021, 4:02:06 PM9/11/21
And then theres the deconstructed desserts that M&S (and no doubt
others) sell in a glass or a plastic pot.

They kind of remind me of that 1980s Wqlsh comedy character who gave
bedsit cooking tips. Like eating frozen chips.

<klik!>

Oh.

Dee Ee.

(Peppa Pig sweets and merch are sold - are ubiquitous - in M&S,
M'lud.)

|Peppa Pig: The character that started narrator's career
|
|He is the storytelling voice of Peppa Pig, the UK's most successful
|cartoon franchise.
|
|However, John Sparkes' TV break came in 1980s cult comedy
|show Naked Video alongside Rab C Nesbitt stars Gregor
|Fisher and Elaine C Smith.
|
|His character Siadwell, a name inspired by the London Underground
|station Shadwell, was the befuddled Welsh geek with his NHS specs
|and anorak.

nob...@nowhere.com

Sep 12, 2021, 8:31:35 AM9/12/21
And I suppose todays (sunday 12th) Oglaf *just happens* to mention
turducken? Just "Dee Ee"? :|

auuV

Sep 12, 2021, 8:47:05 AM9/12/21
Good grief!

As the Bonzos presciently put it:

|Lipstickgleam
|Hexachloraphene
|Cling cling the ring
|Clang clang she sang
|It's tragic magic
|There are no coincidences
|But sometimes the pattern is MORE OBVIOUS

nob...@nowhere.com

Sep 21, 2021, 7:38:41 AM9/21/21
They were *so* close to anticipating the S3NIW L7VS format!

It is always HAPPENING AGAIN.

I am feeling PARANOID.

The masquerade SKULKS.
The gangstalkers PURSUE.
The charade PLAYS OUT.

There are no COINCIDENCES.
But sometimes the pattern is MORE OBVIOUS.

Life is a SYNCHRONICITY,
Here in the SALT MINES.

nob...@nowhere.com

Sep 23, 2021, 8:03:02 AM9/23/21
Like Gu:? Those things where you get 0.5g of dessert in a 200g glass
jar for about 4 quid?

I mean the jars are pretty solid. But even so.

>They kind of remind me of that 1980s Wqlsh comedy character who gave
>bedsit cooking tips. Like eating frozen chips.

Had that been today there would now be 2 million influencees (well its a
word now) insisting that these were apex "life hacks". :|

><klik!>
>
>Oh.
>
>Dee Ee.
>
>(Peppa Pig sweets and merch are sold - are ubiquitous - in M&S,
>M'lud.)
>
>|Peppa Pig: The character that started narrator's career
>|
>|He is the storytelling voice of Peppa Pig, the UK's most successful
>|cartoon franchise.
>|
>|However, John Sparkes' TV break came in 1980s cult comedy
>|show Naked Video alongside Rab C Nesbitt stars Gregor
>|Fisher and Elaine C Smith.
>|
>|His character Siadwell, a name inspired by the London Underground
>|station Shadwell, was the befuddled Welsh geek with his NHS specs
>|and anorak.

He only did it because brummie was taken. (Thanks, Kevin.)

nob...@nowhere.com

Sep 23, 2021, 8:04:18 AM9/23/21
Spite? To lash out at the CUNTS running the sim in the only way that is
available to you?

auuV

Sep 24, 2021, 9:12:57 AM9/24/21
OK, I can see how that would appeal to some.

auuV

Sep 24, 2021, 9:23:20 AM9/24/21
The deconstructed dessert fad, where you serve up all the individual
bits of (say) a lemon meringue pie.

Heres a deconstructed cake in a jar from Marks and Spencer.
Deconstructed Colin the Caterpillar cake. They also did deconstructed
trillionaires shortbread and raspberry ripple cake.

https://twitter.com/marksandspencer/status/1379433712828448768?s=20

350 calories the half jar (and how you share a jar of cake is not
explained anywhere!)

>>They kind of remind me of that 1980s Wqlsh comedy character who gave
>>bedsit cooking tips. Like eating frozen chips.
>
>Had that been today there would now be 2 million influencees (well its a
>word now) insisting that these were apex "life hacks". :|
>
>><klik!>
>>
>>Oh.
>>
>>Dee Ee.
>>
>>(Peppa Pig sweets and merch are sold - are ubiquitous - in M&S,
>>M'lud.)
>>
>>|Peppa Pig: The character that started narrator's career
>>|
>>|He is the storytelling voice of Peppa Pig, the UK's most successful
>>|cartoon franchise.
>>|
>>|However, John Sparkes' TV break came in 1980s cult comedy
>>|show Naked Video alongside Rab C Nesbitt stars Gregor
>>|Fisher and Elaine C Smith.
>>|
>>|His character Siadwell, a name inspired by the London Underground
>>|station Shadwell, was the befuddled Welsh geek with his NHS specs
>>|and anorak.
>
>He only did it because brummie was taken. (Thanks, Kevin.)

Very similar style of thing, and the telescope effect of time makes me
think they were around the same time.

auuV

Dec 28, 2021, 1:05:37 PM12/28/21
Its a wonderful format. Glad we got it, even if the Bonzos flubbed it
on their attempt.

nob...@nowhere.com

Jan 6, 2022, 10:04:11 AM1/6/22
They were doing their best!