So, farewell then, updates on Google Groups from 2024-02-22

auuV

Feb 21, 2024, 3:41:40 PMFeb 21
Deja News, Google Groups.

<clunk!>

The old ps0ts retained for now, they say.

nob...@nowhere.com

Feb 21, 2024, 4:24:22 PMFeb 21
On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 20:41:40 +0000, auuV <au...@zehen.invalid> wrote:

>Deja News, Google Groups.

How naive is this: When I first heard that Gurgle were buying DejaNews
I thought it was a *good* thing. :|

Little did we know that it was not a public spirited move to secure the
10,000 year archive; it was an attempt to build a social media platform
in the most cackhanded and brain damaged way imaginable. :|||

Which, for some unfathomable reason, failed. :|||\\

><clunk!>

<clunk!>

Also raising a glass to the old scoundrel as it flashes us that crooked
grin one last time.

<clink!>

>The old ps0ts retained for now, they say.

"We have no current plans to fuck it up even more than we already have,"
Gurgle lied unconvincingly.