Google Lens RTA

auuV

Oct 18, 2023, 2:13:51 PM10/18/23
|PORTRAIT FIGURE
|by FEM WILLIAM
|APOLIRED BY THE AWFLOW ART TRUST WITH
|THE AID OF THE CONTEMPORARY ARTIGOCILIN

What it actually says:

|PORTRAIT FIGURE
|by FE McWILLIAM
|AQUIRED BY THE HARLOW ART TRUST WITH
|THE AID OF THE CONTEMPORARY ART SOCIETY

What I like about the Google Lens version:

FEM WILLIAM is clearly gender non-conforming.

AWFLOW is probably an ancient name for Harlow, based on the importance
of the rivers, streams, and water meadows of the area.

APOLIRED seems to be a way of stealing something but with the approval
of the poleas.

THE AID OF THE CONTEMPORARY ARTIGOCILIN - I think this refers to the
contemporay Archgoblin. Often scary, but a staunch supporter of the
arts in general and Harlow Sculpture Town in particular.

nob...@nowhere.com

Oct 21, 2023, 9:04:46 AM10/21/23
On Wed, 18 Oct 2023 19:12:40 +0100, auuV <au...@aroonn.uk> wrote:

>|PORTRAIT FIGURE
>|by FEM WILLIAM
>|APOLIRED BY THE AWFLOW ART TRUST WITH
>|THE AID OF THE CONTEMPORARY ARTIGOCILIN
>
>What it actually says:
>
>|PORTRAIT FIGURE
>|by FE McWILLIAM
>|AQUIRED BY THE HARLOW ART TRUST WITH
>|THE AID OF THE CONTEMPORARY ART SOCIETY
>

>What I like about the Google Lens version:
>
>FEM WILLIAM is clearly gender non-conforming.

Fem William, Fem William, the window to watch.

>AWFLOW is probably an ancient name for Harlow, based on the importance
>of the rivers, streams, and water meadows of the area.

Until the Saxons game with their dumbass greeting. "Hlaaw!"

>APOLIRED seems to be a way of stealing something but with the approval
>of the poleas.

"Were callin them the Art Trust Statue Nappins, Sarge."

>THE AID OF THE CONTEMPORARY ARTIGOCILIN - I think this refers to the
>contemporay Archgoblin. Often scary, but a staunch supporter of the
>arts in general and Harlow Sculpture Town in particular.

Eh? Wasnt Artigocilin supposed to be some wonder diet drug?

auuV

Oct 31, 2023, 9:02:25 PM10/31/23
On Sat, 21 Oct 2023 14:05:22 +0100, nob...@nowhere.com wrote:

>On Wed, 18 Oct 2023 19:12:40 +0100, auuV <au...@aroonn.uk> wrote:
>
>>|PORTRAIT FIGURE
>>|by FEM WILLIAM
>>|APOLIRED BY THE AWFLOW ART TRUST WITH
>>|THE AID OF THE CONTEMPORARY ARTIGOCILIN
>>
>>What it actually says:
>>
>>|PORTRAIT FIGURE
>>|by FE McWILLIAM
>>|AQUIRED BY THE HARLOW ART TRUST WITH
>>|THE AID OF THE CONTEMPORARY ART SOCIETY
>>

>>What I like about the Google Lens version:
>>
>>FEM WILLIAM is clearly gender non-conforming.
>
>Fem William, Fem William, the window to watch.

Dum dumdumdum Dum dumdumdum Dum dumdumdum

IIRC

>>AWFLOW is probably an ancient name for Harlow, based on the importance
>>of the rivers, streams, and water meadows of the area.
>
>Until the Saxons game with their dumbass greeting. "Hlaaw!"

Sounds like Glasweg greeting "Hullawrerrchina!" as immortalised by
Stanley Baxter and Francie & Josie.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hullawrerr-China-Best-Francie-Josie-ebook/dp/B00IWUB4Q4

>>APOLIRED seems to be a way of stealing something but with the approval
>>of the poleas.
>
>"Were callin them the Art Trust Statue Nappins, Sarge."

I hope they find the perps. Its still a Pokestop, but in the
Overworld its just a pair of feet-shaped dents on a plinth outside the
Harvey Centre. :(((99

Also missing from the vicinity: one cinema; one East Gate.

>>THE AID OF THE CONTEMPORARY ARTIGOCILIN - I think this refers to the
>>contemporay Archgoblin. Often scary, but a staunch supporter of the
>>arts in general and Harlow Sculpture Town in particular.
>
>Eh? Wasnt Artigocilin supposed to be some wonder diet drug?

Is that the one the Hollywood slebs are all using now? I take it they
came up with a more appealing brand name because Big P want to hide
the Qrchgqblqn connection, which was never supposed to be hyntted at.

nob...@nowhere.com

Nov 1, 2023, 11:09:43 PM11/1/23
On Wed, 01 Nov 2023 01:02:23 +0000, auuV <au...@zehen.invalid> wrote:

>>>What it actually says:

>>>What I like about the Google Lens version:
>>>
>>>FEM WILLIAM is clearly gender non-conforming.
>>
>>Fem William, Fem William, the window to watch.
>
>Dum dumdumdum Dum dumdumdum Dum dumdumdum
>
>IIRC

More like "dum duhduhdum dum duhduhdum dumdumdum dumdum" I would have
said.

>>>AWFLOW is probably an ancient name for Harlow, based on the importance
>>>of the rivers, streams, and water meadows of the area.
>>
>>Until the Saxons game with their dumbass greeting. "Hlaaw!"
>
>Sounds like Glasweg greeting "Hullawrerrchina!" as immortalised by
>Stanley Baxter and Francie & Josie.
>
>https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hullawrerr-China-Best-Francie-Josie-ebook/dp/B00IWUB4Q4

Ouauou. Stanley Baxter. The 1970s. A decade before all that "nasty"
comedy like _NtNoCN_. :O

>>>APOLIRED seems to be a way of stealing something but with the approval
>>>of the poleas.
>>
>>"Were callin them the Art Trust Statue Nappins, Sarge."
>
>I hope they find the perps. Its still a Pokestop, but in the
>Overworld its just a pair of feet-shaped dents on a plinth outside the
>Harvey Centre. :(((99

Well it cant have got far. Unless SCP-173 rules apply. Then it could
be anywhere. :(

>Also missing from the vicinity: one cinema; one East Gate.

Ive got it. The statue and the cinema disappeared through the East
Gate, then the East Gate disappeared through itself!

Yeah, Im thinking SCP.

>>>THE AID OF THE CONTEMPORARY ARTIGOCILIN - I think this refers to the
>>>contemporay Archgoblin. Often scary, but a staunch supporter of the
>>>arts in general and Harlow Sculpture Town in particular.
>>
>>Eh? Wasnt Artigocilin supposed to be some wonder diet drug?
>
>Is that the one the Hollywood slebs are all using now? I take it they
>came up with a more appealing brand name because Big P want to hide
>the Qrchgqblqn connection, which was never supposed to be hyntted at.

Have they stopped taking adrenqchrqme? Im so out of touch. :(

auuV

Nov 2, 2023, 9:16:34 PM11/2/23
On Thu, 02 Nov 2023 03:10:04 +0000, nob...@nowhere.com wrote:

>On Wed, 01 Nov 2023 01:02:23 +0000, auuV <au...@zehen.invalid> wrote:

>>>Fem William, Fem William, the window to watch.
>>
>>Dum dumdumdum Dum dumdumdum Dum dumdumdum
>>
>>IIRC
>
>More like "dum duhduhdum dum duhduhdum dumdumdum dumdum" I would have
>said.

You are right. I think I was doing the end of the ad.

>>>Until the Saxons game with their dumbass greeting. "Hlaaw!"
>>
>>Sounds like Glasweg greeting "Hullawrerrchina!" as immortalised by
>>Stanley Baxter and Francie & Josie.
>>
>>https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hullawrerr-China-Best-Francie-Josie-ebook/dp/B00IWUB4Q4
>
>Ouauou. Stanley Baxter. The 1970s. A decade before all that "nasty"
>comedy like _NtNoCN_. :O

I think they were around in the 1960s, too but probably not so much
recorded material available.

>>>"Were callin them the Art Trust Statue Nappins, Sarge."
>>
>>I hope they find the perps. Its still a Pokestop, but in the
>>Overworld its just a pair of feet-shaped dents on a plinth outside the
>>Harvey Centre. :(((99
>
>Well it cant have got far. Unless SCP-173 rules apply. Then it could
>be anywhere. :(

ISTR a sculpture theft from Arlow some years ago when it was put on a
truck and driven out of town. Do I remember that? Hope its not the
SCP-173 one. :|||

>>Also missing from the vicinity: one cinema; one East Gate.
>
>Ive got it. The statue and the cinema disappeared through the East
>Gate, then the East Gate disappeared through itself!

Thats it! Neat, when you think about it.

>Yeah, Im thinking SCP.

O_O

>>>Eh? Wasnt Artigocilin supposed to be some wonder diet drug?
>>
>>Is that the one the Hollywood slebs are all using now? I take it they
>>came up with a more appealing brand name because Big P want to hide
>>the Qrchgqblqn connection, which was never supposed to be hyntted at.
>
>Have they stopped taking adrenqchrqme? Im so out of touch. :(

I think its been overtaken by Ozempic!

Current heidlines:

===
Ozempic Sales Up 58% As Drugmaker Novo Nordisk Nets Record Profits
===
===
Krispy Kreme becomes latest junk food giant to panic about Ozempic -
as investors fear America will fall out of love with doughnuts
With the rise of weight-loss drugs, people crave unhealthy foods less
and less
Investors are spooked, saying the drugs could have an impact on snack
foods
===

nob...@nowhere.com

Nov 4, 2023, 1:25:41 AM11/4/23
Except the 1960s was actually kind of cool, though obvly I was too young
to actually remember much of it. But I definitely remember the 1970s.
Unfortunately. It felt like it was the 1960s desperately trying to
cling on long after it had obviously outstayed its welcome. The 1980s
couldnt come soon enough.

So it was interesting that "old school" comedy was a microcosm of that:
funny in the 1960s, desperately unfunny in the 1970s, ineffectually
bitching about Rowan Atkinson in the 1980s.

>>>I hope they find the perps. Its still a Pokestop, but in the
>>>Overworld its just a pair of feet-shaped dents on a plinth outside the
>>>Harvey Centre. :(((99
>>
>>Well it cant have got far. Unless SCP-173 rules apply. Then it could
>>be anywhere. :(
>
>ISTR a sculpture theft from Arlow some years ago when it was put on a
>truck and driven out of town. Do I remember that? Hope its not the
>SCP-173 one. :|||

"We will steal this valuable but dangerous artefact and harness its
power for our own ends."

Ouauou. Sure hope *that* doesnt backfire. :|

>>>Also missing from the vicinity: one cinema; one East Gate.
>>
>>Ive got it. The statue and the cinema disappeared through the East
>>Gate, then the East Gate disappeared through itself!
>
>Thats it! Neat, when you think about it.

Until they get the fateful warning slash ultimatum:

"Stop dumping your unused cinemas in our dimension."

>>Yeah, Im thinking SCP.
>
> O_O

>>>Is that the one the Hollywood slebs are all using now? I take it they
>>>came up with a more appealing brand name because Big P want to hide
>>>the Qrchgqblqn connection, which was never supposed to be hyntted at.
>>
>>Have they stopped taking adrenqchrqme? Im so out of touch. :(
>
>I think its been overtaken by Ozempic!

The Nine Billion Names of Snake Oil. :|||\\

>Current heidlines:
>
>===
>Ozempic Sales Up 58% As Drugmaker Novo Nordisk Nets Record Profits
>===
>===
>Krispy Kreme becomes latest junk food giant to panic about Ozempic -
>as investors fear America will fall out of love with doughnuts
>With the rise of weight-loss drugs, people crave unhealthy foods less
>and less
>Investors are spooked, saying the drugs could have an impact on snack
>foods
>===

Investors in products that harm people who dont give a fucking shit
about harming people but get massively butthurt the moment people cotton
on and realise theyre being harmed and look like they might actually do
something about it: how much sympathy do you think you have earned
right now?

Let me put it this way: as soon as nanoviolin technology is
sufficiently advanced, I undertake to mime playing one.

auuV

Nov 4, 2023, 2:03:36 PM11/4/23
It must have been a blast, comedy-wise, for those mature enough to
grok it and appreciate the change.

>But I definitely remember the 1970s.
>Unfortunately. It felt like it was the 1960s desperately trying to
>cling on long after it had obviously outstayed its welcome. The 1980s
>couldnt come soon enough.

Fair.

>So it was interesting that "old school" comedy was a microcosm of that:
>funny in the 1960s, desperately unfunny in the 1970s, ineffectually
>bitching about Rowan Atkinson in the 1980s.

Im trying to think of an example of 1970s comedy that I really liked
but am a bit fatigued and would have to research what was 1970s and
what was actually 1980s.

Heres one: _Citizen Smith_ 1977 - 1980. Although if I watched it now
it wouls seem a lot cosier than it did at the time.

_Rosie_ 1977 - 1981. Definitely cosy, but I dont even care.

>>>Well it cant have got far. Unless SCP-173 rules apply. Then it could
>>>be anywhere. :(
>>
>>ISTR a sculpture theft from Arlow some years ago when it was put on a
>>truck and driven out of town. Do I remember that? Hope its not the
>>SCP-173 one. :|||
>
>"We will steal this valuable but dangerous artefact and harness its
>power for our own ends."
>
>Ouauou. Sure hope *that* doesnt backfire. :|

I expect they can do with those good wishes. :|

>>>Ive got it. The statue and the cinema disappeared through the East
>>>Gate, then the East Gate disappeared through itself!
>>
>>Thats it! Neat, when you think about it.
>
>Until they get the fateful warning slash ultimatum:
>
>"Stop dumping your unused cinemas in our dimension."

Its not the x-dimension urban explorers saying that, for sure!

nob...@nowhere.com

Nov 5, 2023, 9:18:42 PM11/5/23
It was a blast for us young uns too. Watching the boring old guard
unceremoniously dumped in favour of people who just shouted "bastard" at
each other. (But evidently did so in a way that people found
appealing.)

>>But I definitely remember the 1970s.
>>Unfortunately. It felt like it was the 1960s desperately trying to
>>cling on long after it had obviously outstayed its welcome. The 1980s
>>couldnt come soon enough.
>
>Fair.
>
>>So it was interesting that "old school" comedy was a microcosm of that:
>>funny in the 1960s, desperately unfunny in the 1970s, ineffectually
>>bitching about Rowan Atkinson in the 1980s.
>
>Im trying to think of an example of 1970s comedy that I really liked
>but am a bit fatigued and would have to research what was 1970s and
>what was actually 1980s.
>
>Heres one: _Citizen Smith_ 1977 - 1980. Although if I watched it now
>it wouls seem a lot cosier than it did at the time.
>
>_Rosie_ 1977 - 1981. Definitely cosy, but I dont even care.

Comfy definitely has longer term appeal than edgy, thats for sure.

But that aside I think the classics (eg _Porridge_, _Dads Army_) still
have appeal largely because theres much more depth to them than just a
string of gags, comfy or otherwise.

>>>ISTR a sculpture theft from Arlow some years ago when it was put on a
>>>truck and driven out of town. Do I remember that? Hope its not the
>>>SCP-173 one. :|||
>>
>>"We will steal this valuable but dangerous artefact and harness its
>>power for our own ends."
>>
>>Ouauou. Sure hope *that* doesnt backfire. :|
>
>I expect they can do with those good wishes. :|

Radioactive statues are the solution.

Admire the statue, especially from a distance - perfectly safe.

Load the statue into your van and drive off with it - fatal exposure.

Of course, you cant ever admit its radioactive. So just tell people its
"cursed".

>>>Thats it! Neat, when you think about it.
>>
>>Until they get the fateful warning slash ultimatum:
>>
>>"Stop dumping your unused cinemas in our dimension."
>
>Its not the x-dimension urban explorers saying that, for sure!

"That dimention niffs a bit."

"Well it is a garbage dimension after all."

"Even so."

auuV

Nov 8, 2023, 10:29:35 PM11/8/23
I dont remember comedians just shouting bastard at each other. Wasnt
that the 1980s? 1960s brought the satire boom. Clever, cutting, bad
language slipped in for sure, like a stiletto. Apart from Kenneth
Tynan saying "fuck". I remember that, shall we say, seminal moment.
Was watching with my granny and my aunt.

>>>But I definitely remember the 1970s.
>>>Unfortunately. It felt like it was the 1960s desperately trying to
>>>cling on long after it had obviously outstayed its welcome. The 1980s
>>>couldnt come soon enough.
>>
>>Fair.
>>
>>>So it was interesting that "old school" comedy was a microcosm of that:
>>>funny in the 1960s, desperately unfunny in the 1970s, ineffectually
>>>bitching about Rowan Atkinson in the 1980s.
>>
>>Im trying to think of an example of 1970s comedy that I really liked
>>but am a bit fatigued and would have to research what was 1970s and
>>what was actually 1980s.
>>
>>Heres one: _Citizen Smith_ 1977 - 1980. Although if I watched it now
>>it wouls seem a lot cosier than it did at the time.
>>
>>_Rosie_ 1977 - 1981. Definitely cosy, but I dont even care.
>
>Comfy definitely has longer term appeal than edgy, thats for sure.

I do agree. It was very appealing in the case of _Rosie_.

>But that aside I think the classics (eg _Porridge_, _Dads Army_) still
>have appeal largely because theres much more depth to them than just a
>string of gags, comfy or otherwise.

This is it. You could inhabit the comedy with them.

>>>"We will steal this valuable but dangerous artefact and harness its
>>>power for our own ends."
>>>
>>>Ouauou. Sure hope *that* doesnt backfire. :|
>>
>>I expect they can do with those good wishes. :|
>
>Radioactive statues are the solution.
>
>Admire the statue, especially from a distance - perfectly safe.
>
>Load the statue into your van and drive off with it - fatal exposure.
>
>Of course, you cant ever admit its radioactive. So just tell people its
>"cursed".

OK, that should do it.

Does this mean opportunities for glowing statues, too?

>>>Until they get the fateful warning slash ultimatum:
>>>
>>>"Stop dumping your unused cinemas in our dimension."
>>
>>Its not the x-dimension urban explorers saying that, for sure!
>
>"That dimention niffs a bit."
>
>"Well it is a garbage dimension after all."
>
>"Even so."

The asteroid belt really needs a good old tee yew. Aliens calling it
garbage, saying it niffs.

nob...@nowhere.com

Nov 15, 2023, 8:55:05 AM11/15/23
It only happened very rarely. "Traditional" (ie mostly crap) comedians
cherry picked that and misrepresented it as all that "alternative" (ie
mostly funny) comedy had to offer.

> Wasnt
>that the 1980s?

Yes. Then "post alternative" comedy happened. How funny is "post
alternative" comedy? It has "post" in the name. Call me prejudiced.

> 1960s brought the satire boom. Clever, cutting, bad
>language slipped in for sure, like a stiletto. Apart from Kenneth
>Tynan saying "fuck". I remember that, shall we say, seminal moment.
>Was watching with my granny and my aunt.

I once watched _Rosemarys Baby_, as a child, while being babysat.

Interesting experience. :)
Sure. Just coat it with something radioluminescent. Any Gluehen in den
Dunklen paint should do.

But for maximum lulz I recommend going for red and coating only the
eyes.

>>>Its not the x-dimension urban explorers saying that, for sure!
>>
>>"That dimention niffs a bit."
>>
>>"Well it is a garbage dimension after all."
>>
>>"Even so."
>
>The asteroid belt really needs a good old tee yew. Aliens calling it
>garbage, saying it niffs.

Filling seemingly inaccessible areas with garbage is kind of humanitys
*thing*.

See also: Mariana Trench, Plastic bags bobbing around at the bottom of
the.

auuV

Nov 23, 2023, 3:17:38 PM11/23/23
And then Alexei Sayle mocked it, I guess. Not the peak of his act for
me.

>> Wasnt
>>that the 1980s?
>
>Yes. Then "post alternative" comedy happened. How funny is "post
>alternative" comedy? It has "post" in the name. Call me prejudiced.
>
>> 1960s brought the satire boom. Clever, cutting, bad
>>language slipped in for sure, like a stiletto. Apart from Kenneth
>>Tynan saying "fuck". I remember that, shall we say, seminal moment.
>>Was watching with my granny and my aunt.
>
>I once watched _Rosemarys Baby_, as a child, while being babysat.
>
>Interesting experience. :)

Oh dear. I enjoyed it as a young adult but might not like it now.
Various reasons.
Nice!

>But for maximum lulz I recommend going for red and coating only the
>eyes.

You would want statues in a fairly dark location (by night) to get the
best of that.

>>>"That dimention niffs a bit."
>>>
>>>"Well it is a garbage dimension after all."
>>>
>>>"Even so."
>>
>>The asteroid belt really needs a good old tee yew. Aliens calling it
>>garbage, saying it niffs.
>
>Filling seemingly inaccessible areas with garbage is kind of humanitys
>*thing*.
>
>See also: Mariana Trench, Plastic bags bobbing around at the bottom of
>the.

Disgusting. I type literally.

IRTA "Im the thinking SCP."

O_O