I hope you all had a good St Andrews Day

auuV

Nov 30, 2023, 7:09:27 PM11/30/23
With a swirl of your kilt as you danced the Circassian Circle etc.

Heee-eeeuuuch!

nob...@nowhere.com

Dec 17, 2023, 5:27:45 PM12/17/23
On Fri, 01 Dec 2023 00:09:29 +0000, auuV <au...@zehen.invalid> wrote:

>With a swirl of your kilt as you danced the Circassian Circle etc.
>
>Heee-eeeuuuch!

I cant celebrate Stan Drews Day cause Im allergic to gin. :(

auuV

Dec 17, 2023, 6:26:30 PM12/17/23
Nothing in the rules says a dog cant play ...I mean, that you have to
have gin.

nob...@nowhere.com

Dec 22, 2023, 11:40:26 AM12/22/23
You have to have gin to celebrate it *properly*. Its traditional!

auuV

Dec 24, 2023, 7:18:57 PM12/24/23
I guess I dont celebrate it properly, then. I have a miniature of
non-alcoholic "gin" in the fridge, if that helps?

nob...@nowhere.com

Dec 24, 2023, 8:14:30 PM12/24/23
Doesnt help me. Cause Im allergic to it. :|

auuV

Dec 25, 2023, 10:36:16 AM12/25/23
What does it do to you?

Have you tried other saints days?

nob...@nowhere.com

Jan 4, 2024, 5:51:48 AMJan 4
It makes me feel ill and vow never to drink gin again.

I mean, rum does exactly the same thing but in a *good* way.

>Have you tried other saints days?

Im here and ready to join any religion offering to break the current
record of feast days.

I just need the pope to beatify 100 or so people real quick. Not too
bothered who they are.

auuV

Jan 4, 2024, 8:58:02 PMJan 4
On Thu, 04 Jan 2024 10:52:05 +0000, nob...@nowhere.com wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Dec 2023 15:36:20 +0000, auuV <au...@zehen.invalid> wrote:

>>>Doesnt help me. Cause Im allergic to it. :|
>>
>>What does it do to you?
>
>It makes me feel ill and vow never to drink gin again.
>
>I mean, rum does exactly the same thing but in a *good* way.

Good old rum!

Our cocktail-drinking club member tonight had coffee liqueur, lime
juice, and topped up with tonic water. Everything stayed in its
layers, so she had to give it a little stir with a teaspoon. I
thought the previous version (coffee liqueur, lime juice, ginger ale)
was a bit more appealing. I mean, ginger.

>>Have you tried other saints days?
>
>Im here and ready to join any religion offering to break the current
>record of feast days.
>
>I just need the pope to beatify 100 or so people real quick. Not too
>bothered who they are.

Its been a while since I read the relevant Books, but it might be
worth your while checking out the Discordians.

nob...@nowhere.com

Jan 8, 2024, 1:14:27 AMJan 8
On Fri, 05 Jan 2024 01:58:12 +0000, auuV <au...@zehen.invalid> wrote:

>On Thu, 04 Jan 2024 10:52:05 +0000, nob...@nowhere.com wrote:

>>>What does it do to you?
>>
>>It makes me feel ill and vow never to drink gin again.
>>
>>I mean, rum does exactly the same thing but in a *good* way.
>
>Good old rum!

I dont know how Id manage without it!

>Our cocktail-drinking club member tonight had coffee liqueur, lime
>juice, and topped up with tonic water. Everything stayed in its
>layers, so she had to give it a little stir with a teaspoon. I
>thought the previous version (coffee liqueur, lime juice, ginger ale)
>was a bit more appealing. I mean, ginger.

It ought to be possible to make a plausible curey drink.

Absinthe, ginger ale, tomato juice? With maybe a drop of hot sauce?

Worth looking into, I think.

>>>Have you tried other saints days?
>>
>>Im here and ready to join any religion offering to break the current
>>record of feast days.
>>
>>I just need the pope to beatify 100 or so people real quick. Not too
>>bothered who they are.
>
>Its been a while since I read the relevant Books, but it might be
>worth your while checking out the Discordians.

Hail Eri-

Ha ha. Nice try, FBI.

auuV

Jan 8, 2024, 6:38:01 PMJan 8
On Mon, 08 Jan 2024 06:14:27 +0000, nob...@nowhere.com wrote:

>On Fri, 05 Jan 2024 01:58:12 +0000, auuV <au...@zehen.invalid> wrote:

>>>It makes me feel ill and vow never to drink gin again.
>>>
>>>I mean, rum does exactly the same thing but in a *good* way.
>>
>>Good old rum!
>
>I dont know how Id manage without it!

I was reading nice things about Slivovitz. Have you tried that?

>>Our cocktail-drinking club member tonight had coffee liqueur, lime
>>juice, and topped up with tonic water. Everything stayed in its
>>layers, so she had to give it a little stir with a teaspoon. I
>>thought the previous version (coffee liqueur, lime juice, ginger ale)
>>was a bit more appealing. I mean, ginger.
>
>It ought to be possible to make a plausible curey drink.

It ought.

>Absinthe, ginger ale, tomato juice? With maybe a drop of hot sauce?

Oh, I was thinking cardamom, ginger, chilli. Cream for the "pasanda"
version. :)

So many possibilities!

Ras cocktail!

>Worth looking into, I think.

I See a Great Need.

>>>Im here and ready to join any religion offering to break the current
>>>record of feast days.
>>>
>>>I just need the pope to beatify 100 or so people real quick. Not too
>>>bothered who they are.
>>
>>Its been a while since I read the relevant Books, but it might be
>>worth your while checking out the Discordians.
>
>Hail Eri-
>
>Ha ha. Nice try, FBI.

Heh

nob...@nowhere.com

Jan 12, 2024, 3:37:27 AMJan 12
The MV Slivovitz? I thought it sank in the 1960s?

>>>Our cocktail-drinking club member tonight had coffee liqueur, lime
>>>juice, and topped up with tonic water. Everything stayed in its
>>>layers, so she had to give it a little stir with a teaspoon. I
>>>thought the previous version (coffee liqueur, lime juice, ginger ale)
>>>was a bit more appealing. I mean, ginger.
>>
>>It ought to be possible to make a plausible curey drink.
>
>It ought.
>
>>Absinthe, ginger ale, tomato juice? With maybe a drop of hot sauce?
>
>Oh, I was thinking cardamom, ginger, chilli. Cream for the "pasanda"
>version. :)
>
>So many possibilities!
>
>Ras cocktail!
>
>>Worth looking into, I think.
>
>I See a Great Need.

<aol />

auuV

Jan 14, 2024, 9:12:34 PMJan 14
Refloated mate and refitted. Now named the MV Rakia.

I did a <klik!> just to make sure and saw a definition of slivovitz as
made from plumbs. Which doesnt sound too healthy.

>>>It ought to be possible to make a plausible curey drink.
>>
>>It ought.
>>
>>>Absinthe, ginger ale, tomato juice? With maybe a drop of hot sauce?
>>
>>Oh, I was thinking cardamom, ginger, chilli. Cream for the "pasanda"
>>version. :)
>>
>>So many possibilities!
>>
>>Ras cocktail!
>>
>>>Worth looking into, I think.
>>
>>I See a Great Need.
>
><aol />

:)

nob...@nowhere.com

Jan 17, 2024, 11:27:49 PMJan 17
I lose track.

Now they want me to go downtown and hand in my ship nerd card. And Im
banned from the Parrot and Pegleg. :(((

>I did a <klik!> just to make sure and saw a definition of slivovitz as
>made from plumbs. Which doesnt sound too healthy.

It has to be. Its the acetate that makes it taste sweet.

auuV

Jan 23, 2024, 4:04:54 PMJan 23
Just go to the Old Ship Inn. All welcome there, matey.

>>I did a <klik!> just to make sure and saw a definition of slivovitz as
>>made from plumbs. Which doesnt sound too healthy.
>
>It has to be. Its the acetate that makes it taste sweet.

I didnt know that.

nob...@nowhere.com

Feb 5, 2024, 8:55:25 PMFeb 5
Really? Im forgiven for the "broken barrel" incident?

>>>I did a <klik!> just to make sure and saw a definition of slivovitz as
>>>made from plumbs. Which doesnt sound too healthy.
>>
>>It has to be. Its the acetate that makes it taste sweet.
>
>I didnt know that.

It was called "sugar of lead". I would have thought that the "of
$TOXIC" part in "$DELICIOUS of $TOXIC" would raise a major red flag
around its use, but Im not an ancient Roman.

auuV

Feb 6, 2024, 7:32:05 PMFeb 6
Well, you did find the long-lost Rum Cellar, which they were chuffed
about.

>>>It has to be. Its the acetate that makes it taste sweet.
>>
>>I didnt know that.
>
>It was called "sugar of lead". I would have thought that the "of
>$TOXIC" part in "$DELICIOUS of $TOXIC" would raise a major red flag
>around its use, but Im not an ancient Roman.

Back to those evocative names again. I seem to remember reading about
one of the paint colours tasting nice in a childrens book that I had,
so I copied the characters and tasted it off the brush. But I didnt
taste other colours for comparison, so it was inconclusive, looking
back on it. I wont mention the colour because I dont want anyone else
to foolishly try it.

nob...@nowhere.com

Feb 10, 2024, 5:52:59 AMFeb 10
Im sure everyone has tasted paint at some point. Even me. Though I did
always check that it said "non toxic" first. I might have only been
three, but I wasnt stupid.

> I wont mention the colour because I dont want anyone else
>to foolishly try it.

I do! Mention the colour! MENTION IT!

auuV

Feb 10, 2024, 5:19:11 PMFeb 10
You were a sensible child!

>> I wont mention the colour because I dont want anyone else
>>to foolishly try it.
>
>I do! Mention the colour! MENTION IT!

Hard to be certain after all this time and I cant remember which book
it was (E Nesbit or Enid Blyton, probably, hope it wasnt A Christie).
But I think it was Chinese White (zinc oxide).

I hope there were no lead whites in the watercolour boxes of my youth!

nob...@nowhere.com

Feb 13, 2024, 2:36:35 PMFeb 13
Moderately sensible. Not yet sensible enough to diustinguish between
"non toxic" and "good to eat". But, Im still here. So...

>>> I wont mention the colour because I dont want anyone else
>>>to foolishly try it.
>>
>>I do! Mention the colour! MENTION IT!
>
>Hard to be certain after all this time and I cant remember which book
>it was (E Nesbit or Enid Blyton, probably, hope it wasnt A Christie).
>But I think it was Chinese White (zinc oxide).

Zinc oxide isnt particularly toxic. A small dose, such as you might get
from licking a brush coated with it, would present negligible risk.

>I hope there were no lead whites in the watercolour boxes of my youth!

Prolly was. It wasnt banned until 1992. And that was only because the
EU insisted.

Praps now we can have lead paint back? Yay Brqxit!

auuV

Feb 19, 2024, 6:30:35 PMFeb 19
Adults dont always distinguish there either. See also "toxic but most
people can tolerate small quantities" and "good to drink".

:|

>>>I do! Mention the colour! MENTION IT!
>>
>>Hard to be certain after all this time and I cant remember which book
>>it was (E Nesbit or Enid Blyton, probably, hope it wasnt A Christie).
>>But I think it was Chinese White (zinc oxide).
>
>Zinc oxide isnt particularly toxic. A small dose, such as you might get
>from licking a brush coated with it, would present negligible risk.

Indeed! For all I know, its included in high SPF sun creams, too.

>>I hope there were no lead whites in the watercolour boxes of my youth!
>
>Prolly was. It wasnt banned until 1992. And that was only because the
>EU insisted.

I wonder if the lead pipe in my pals Cluedo box was made of lead, back
in the day!

>Praps now we can have lead paint back? Yay Brqxit!

A pint of your finest lead white, Mr Rowney!