There are only 88 constellations

nob...@nowhere.com

Feb 18, 2024, 7:43:15 PMFeb 18
So how come they ran out of things to include?

"OK, what if instead of just a bear, we had a great bear and a little
bear?"

"Brilliant! And we could do the same with dogs!"

"And we could split up the ship into two as well."

"No! Three!"

"Fuck! Thats genius!"

auuV

Feb 19, 2024, 7:00:07 PMFeb 19
They just wanted to say "poop" though, didnt they?

But I agree. They could have tried harder and got a nice round
number, like 128. How hard can it be?

auuV

Feb 19, 2024, 7:11:32 PMFeb 19
This is interesting. A map overlaying constellations from different
cultures.

https://tabletopwhale.com/2019/07/29/the-world-constellations.html

Amyway, the Chinese had some IMPRESSIVE lysttes of constellations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_astronomy

===
The Han dynasty astronomer and inventor Zhang Heng (78–139 CE) not
only catalogued some 2500 different stars, but also recognized more
than 100 different constellations. Zhang Heng also published his work
Ling Xian, a summary of different astronomical theories in China at
the time. In the subsequent period of the Three Kingdoms (220–280 CE),
Chen Zhuo (??) combined the work of his predecessors, forming another
star catalogue. This time, 283 constellations and 1464 stars were
listed.
===

See also

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_constellations

I wouldnt like to sit an exam on that system without a h*ck of a lot
of studying and possly one of Elons brain chip implants.

auuV

Feb 19, 2024, 7:18:53 PMFeb 19
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 00:11:31 +0000, auuV <au...@zehen.invalid> wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 00:00:07 +0000, auuV <au...@zehen.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 19 Feb 2024 00:43:18 +0000, nob...@nowhere.com wrote:
>>
>>>So how come they ran out of things to include?
>>>
>>>"OK, what if instead of just a bear, we had a great bear and a little
>>>bear?"
>>>
>>>"Brilliant! And we could do the same with dogs!"
>>>
>>>"And we could split up the ship into two as well."
>>>
>>>"No! Three!"
>>>
>>>"Fuck! Thats genius!"
>>
>>They just wanted to say "poop" though, didnt they?
>>
>>But I agree. They could have tried harder and got a nice round
>>number, like 128. How hard can it be?
>
>This is interesting. A map overlaying constellations from different
>cultures.
>
>https://tabletopwhale.com/2019/07/29/the-world-constellations.html

This is easier to visualise, but has less information.

https://figuresinthesky.visualcinnamon.com/