lavalife

Message has been deleted

Phych

Aug 1, 2003, 5:23:47 PM8/1/03
Like all the online personals, it can be frustrating,
especially fro the men. The good thing is that you
get a first hand look at these women's true adgendas;
the things they wouldn't tell you they want in a guy in
person, or rarely even admit to themselves. The gold-
diggers freely come right out of the closet and tell you
they'll only date a guy that makes over 100g's. The really
picky ones admit that they won't date a guy if he wears
glasses, doesn't extend his pinky when he drinks tea,
or some other meaningless BS. On the other hand, it
depressing to learn that this stupid shit is really what
they're after. Men treat the service as a way to meet
more women (but you won't), women treat it as a
candy store: The anonymous nature of it lets them
ignore and blow off guys in multitudes without
people knowing what bitches they really are. Imagine
if they did that in person (consistantly ignored guys who
nicely said hello), they'd be branded an instant bitch
and get a bad rep. You'll find that the more attactive the
women, the more picky she will be in answering any mail
you send.

For the guy since you pay credits for each email, it just
pisses you off when you write email after email to
many women without reponses, or even simple
"no thank you's". Your unsure even if you're writing to
a fake profile, and never have a clue as to why you
didn't get a reply. The only women that will write you
first are the ones several years older than you are or they
posses some other undesirable quality. Its not just
because they dislike your looks either. I'm a good
looking guy (no, really).

You will not get responses to your mail unless you
meet at least a few of the following:

1. Resemble a bad boy or current movie star.
2. Mention that you love to travel and are looking for
someone to take along (i.e. - pay for).
3. Have or make an ungodly sum of money.
4. Are over 6'-0" tall.
5. Are under 35.
6. Have tatoos & peicings for the women so inclined.
7. Have the body of Zeus, or claim a 10" personality.
8. Name drop or say you have a sript in development
at Paramount pictures.
etc...
You get the idea.

If you want to save some cash, buy their lowest package,
but don't send any emails unless you send one of the "free"
smiles, and be sure to write in your profile that you will
write anyone who smiles back at you. If they send a free
smile back, you're in! This way you don't waste credits,
but your chances of connecting are a bit lower. Also, don't
even waste your time unless your willing to post a picture on
the site. If your shy, they have a thing called backstage (you
use your credits to let people see your backstage). You'll
probably have a better chance if you're a really
good liar too (and falsely pump your profile up). Me, I'm
a lousy liar.

I've never met anyone through it, and, although frustrating, its fun to
browse there, and wish the women were not such idiots.