Ron Wood Into Knitting Scarves Now. Happy Sobriety Ron Wood. Having Paid $461 For A Vancouver Show Look forward To the Tour If The Wuhan Ever Ends.s.

1 view

Greg Carr

Apr 10, 2021, 8:01:39 AM4/10/21
That's one way to Get Your Rocks Off! Rolling Stones hellraiser Ronnie Wood, 73, reveals he spends his evenings KNITTING 'endless scarves' since ditching his party lifestyle
Ronnie Wood, 73, has said his days of booze and drug binges are over now
Instead the musician has turned to knitting 'endless scarves' during his evenings
If he needs a pick-me-up he drinks coffee, something he started doing in rehab
By SAM BAKER FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 09:19 EDT, 5 October 2020 | UPDATED: 09:30 EDT, 5 October 2020

e-mail
1.4k
shares
43

View comments
Rolling Stones wild man Ronnie Wood has revealed he has replaced his infamous booze and drug binges with knitting.

Ronnie, who beat lung cancer in recent years, has boasted previously about his out-of-control 'ragers' on alcohol, cocaine and heroin.

The 73-year-old confessed that he now spends evenings at the London home he shares with his wife Sally, 41, and their twin daughters, 4, knitting 'endless scarves' instead.

Rolling Stones wild man Ronnie Wood (pictured with his family on November 12, 2019) has said that his new hobby is knitting, having ditched his boozy binges

Speaking on the Tea with Twiggy podcast he said: 'I do knit. I used to hold the spool of wool for my mum.

'She taught me the plain stitch and I still do it today. I knit endless scarves now.'

Ronnie, who has been sober for ten years, used to turn up to showbiz parties 'freebasing' cocaine with his personal Bunsen burner.

At one point Damien Hirst took him to a rehab clinic after snooker star Ronnie O'Sullivan told the artist he was concerned about the rock star's bingeing.

.Ronnie now lives a much more sedate life with theatre producer wife Sally, 41, and their four-year-old twin daughters Alice and Gracie.

However, he admitted he still has one way of getting high that he picked up during his years spent trying to get clean.

He said: 'I am an espresso man but that is an old leftover habit from rehab.. I couldn't do anything else so coffee was the thing.

'I hope I am a living, walking example of [coffee being good for you] because I drink enough of the stuff.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8806263/Rolling-Stones-hellraiser-Ronnie-Wood-73-reveals-love-knitting.html

There is longer interview of this somewhere on the WWW. Gave up drugs myself around 2002 and coffee and caffeine years ago Managed 13 years booze free but current sobriety is only 48 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELTrExSLS5k&list=PLlQl2v-r0JFWCHCj_R7NmL1B5W5kWqQtl Slide On This the only solo Ron Wood album I like. Had the 1,2,3,4 album but ditched it in high school early 1980's. Slide On This didn't crack the Top 200 unfortunalty and never hear it on the radio.