Paul McCartney And The Rolling Stones Record A Song Together Album to Be Released This Year.

Greg Carr

Feb 22, 2023, 8:43:32 PM2/22/23
Fan satisfaction: Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney record song together
The recording sessions were done in Los Angeles recently and that McCartney’s ex-bandmate Ringo Starr was “also slated to play on the yet-to-be-announced album.”

Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Published Feb 22, 2023 • 1 minute read
Join the conversation

Paul McCartney poses for photographers upon arrival for the premiere of the film 'If These Walls Could Sing' in London, Monday, Dec. 12, 2022. PHOTO BY SCOTT GARFITT /Invision/AP
Article content
LONDON — The Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney have joined forces to record a song together for the rock band’s upcoming new album, a spokesperson for the Stones said on Wednesday.

Fan satisfaction: Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney record song together

It added the recording sessions were done in Los Angeles recently and that McCartney’s ex-bandmate Ringo Starr was “also slated to play on the yet-to-be-announced album.”

Asked about the report, a spokesperson for the Stones confirmed McCartney “guests on bass on one song” for the album, which will be released later this year. He said Starr had not been involved.

In a video message on his social media pages last month, Stones guitarist Keith Richards told fans “there’s some new music on its way.”

The new album would be the first since the death of Stones’ drummer Charlie Watts in 2021.
I liked the last album look forward to the new one.

mz721

Feb 27, 2023, 5:52:35 AM2/27/23
On 23/02/2023 12:43 pm, Greg Carr wrote:
> Fan satisfaction: Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney record song together
> The recording sessions were done in Los Angeles recently and that McCartney’s ex-bandmate Ringo Starr was “also slated to play on the yet-to-be-announced album.”
>
> Author of the article:Reuters
> Reuters
> Published Feb 22, 2023 • 1 minute read
> Join the conversation
>
> Paul McCartney poses for photographers upon arrival for the premiere of the film 'If These Walls Could Sing' in London, Monday, Dec. 12, 2022. PHOTO BY SCOTT GARFITT /Invision/AP

<<snip>>

“there’s some new music on its way.”

> The new album would be the first since the death of Stones’ drummer Charlie Watts in 2021.
> I liked the last album look forward to the new one.

Last album was not original material, though. It proved they could still
play. But how strong is the songwriting? And Charlie was in top form on
Blue and Lonesome. I hope he's on most of the new tracks. For myself, I
don't think it's the Stones without that beat and swing. I mean, Jordan
is good, and Charlie approved of him and all, but Charlie was the pulse
of the Stones. Without your pulse, you're dead. Don't get me wrong, they
ought to play as long as they want to; but now they've flipped into
being like the Who is without Moon and Entwistle -- Townshend calls it a
celebration machine, and acknowledges that it's not quite the Who. It's
still the best we're going to get, and it's better than nothing, and if
they want to play and people want to see them then fine. But it's not
quite the Stones any more.

Greg Carr

Feb 28, 2023, 5:36:21 PM2/28/23
Good on Townsend for acknowledging reality. But the Stones last tour was quite successful stadiums sold out etc.