Rolling Stones Visit Motown Museum And Sing ‘Ain’t Too Proud To Beg’ For First Time Since 2007.

1 view

Gregory Carr

Nov 17, 2021, 4:36:22 AM11/17/21
Rolling Stones Visit Motown Museum And sing ‘Ain’t Too Proud to Beg’ for First Time 0
BY REDAZIONE ON 16 NOVEMBER 2021NEWS
The Rolling Stones touring party took time out for a field trip in Detroit.
“Ever since we were really young, we always loved Motown,” Mick Jagger told the audience. “We can’t come to Detroit and not do a Motown number, right?” The Rolling Stones Play ‘Ain’t Too Proud to Beg’ for First Time Since 2007

Guitarist Ronnie Wood and bassist Darryl Jones were part of a group of about 30 that made an afternoon visit to the Motown Museum not far from Ford Field, where the Stones are playing tonight. (UCR)

The entourage also included keyboardist and musical director Chuck Leavell, drummer Steve Jordan and backing vocalists Bernard Fowler and Sasha Allen, in addition to management and crew members.

Museum development director Paul Barker, who conducted the tour, tells UCR that arrangements were made the day before, with both parties jointly reaching out to each other. “They said they had the date scheduled for awhile. They really wanted to see the museum,” Barker says.

The museum is closed at the moment due to construction on a multimillion-dollar expansion, so the Stones group entered through a back door. “They told us this tour leg had been kind of … a rough one [due to COVID-19 protocols]and they haven’t been able to go out and do anything social,” Barker says. “This is the one thing they were hoping to do, and actually got to do. We were happy to host them. They were a joy.”

Some fans assembled outside, suspecting the Rolling Stones might want to visit the iconic site. The tour party arrived around 3PM, preceded by security, and stayed for more than an hour. A highlight came during a stop in Studio A, where many of Motown’s greatest hits were recorded. Leavell played the Temptations’ “My Girl” on the antique Steinway grand piano, with Fowler and Allen taking lead vocals and others joining in on the choruses, dancing around the studio.

https://www.videomuzic.eu/rolling-stones-visit-motown-museum/?lang=en