Metallica

James J. Bako

Feb 25, 1992, 10:45:27 PM2/25/92
They win the grammy again (NO SHIT!)

------
"We would like to thank all the radio stations and especially eMpTyV without
whom, THIS ALL WOULDA HAPPENED ANYWAY, right?" - Lars Ulrich (grammy
acceptance speech)

-james

Sandra Aichner

Feb 28, 1992, 5:30:53 PM2/28/92
103WSHE plays the best ROCK and it's all in SOUTH FLORIDA!!!!!!!
I am sooo lucky I live in Miami...!

Sandy

TJK...@psuvm.psu.edu

Feb 28, 1992, 10:49:31 PM2/28/92
Who cares about rock? This is the place for *METAL* and only of
the true non-poser type. Maybe you've been living in Miami to
long and your is totally fried by all the sun. Maple, hear boy,
where are you when I need you maple. Get away from that fire
hydrant and sick'em Maple!

--Concrete coffin breeds lunacy, cold steel skeliton
Suaron

TJK...@psuvm.psu.edu

Feb 28, 1992, 10:55:45 PM2/28/92
In article <sandy...@weird.miami.fl.us>, san...@weird.miami.fl.us (Sandra

Who cares about rock? This place is about *METAL* not lowsy rock as
you and Holiday enjoy infesting this group with. Maybe you should
take off your neon clothes and get out of the miami sun...its frying
you brain, really. Maple, where are boy! Maple! get away from that
fire hydrant and come here. Maple! Sick'er boy!

I see you realized listen to G'n'R doesn't make you evil.

--communion is evolution to a higher form of reason
Suaron

Robert I. Brayer

Mar 3, 1992, 4:50:56 PM3/3/92

"Metallica" is a good album. Different and not a sellout. I didn't even
think "Nothing Else Matters" was selling out, but when I read that they
were discussing doing a tour with Guns N Posers it really makes you
wonder

Patrick B Mcclory

Mar 7, 1992, 2:24:58 AM3/7/92
I 'love' Metallica, Enter Sandman is so great.
So I dub thee Unforgiven, oh, orgasm
yes
yes
And that song One.
It's the best, what album was that from?
When is Metallica's second album going to be released, I can't wait
What were you talking about Maple, when you mentioned MOP,RTL,and KEA.
Are those new groups or what?
Are they anything like the Metallica I've learned to love and cherish?
"Exit light"
"Enter ni-ight"
"Take my hand"
"Off to never never land"
Metallica rules!!!!!!!!
They are true metal, the only true metal.
When is there going to be a netnews.alt.metallica, that would be a great
idea, don't you think?
We need more articles about Metallica.
Long Live Metallica

hee hee hee
just havin' fun
where would the world be without humor?

da Weasel was here

Student at CMU: where the fun never stops . . . because it never starts!!
where the men are men
where the women are men
where some men are women
where the sheep are scared

Maple Moriji

Mar 8, 1992, 3:33:32 AM3/8/92

pm...@andrew.cmu.edu (Patrick B Mcclory) writes:
: I 'love' Metallica, Enter Sandman is so great.

: So I dub thee Unforgiven, oh, orgasm
: yes
: yes
: And that song One.
: It's the best, what album was that from?
: When is Metallica's second album going to be released, I can't wait
: What were you talking about Maple, when you mentioned MOP,RTL,and KEA.

Pat, you are a poser. GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE, YOU FUCKING POSER!

: Are those new groups or what?

No, they are not, you poser. They happen to be the best albums by
Metallica. Obviously, you thought they were some poser band.
But you are wrong! Go to fucking hell you fucking poser!

: Are they anything like the Metallica I've learned to love and cherish?

: "Exit light"
: "Enter ni-ight"
: "Take my hand"
: "Off to never never land"
: Metallica rules!!!!!!!!

Get this poser shit outta here, you fucking glam rock poser.

: They are true metal, the only true metal.

You are full of shit, you slime of humanity.

: When is there going to be a netnews.alt.metallica, that would be a great

: idea, don't you think?

You fucking poser, there is already a newsgroup called alt.r-n-r.metal.
metallica.

: We need more articles about Metallica.
: Long Live Metallica

Metallica can come kiss my ass.

: hee hee hee

: just havin' fun
: where would the world be without humor?

No where!

: da Weasel was here

C++ ya,

Maple

--

/----------------------------------------------------------------------------\
| Maple Moriji | If the doors of perception were cleansed |

Patrick B Mcclory

Mar 8, 1992, 5:06:27 AM3/8/92
Metallica is to metal what Hammer is to rap...a godsend, and a damn
nifty bunch of guys at that

Doug Fierro

Mar 9, 1992, 12:59:57 PM3/9/92
In article <1992Mar8.1...@ctr.columbia.edu> vc...@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Victoria C Fike) writes:
>Whoever posted a few notes back about opinions of Maple: Yeah, most of the
>people on here (from what I've seen, at least) pretty much think of Maple
>as the only anencephalic creature to make it to college age.
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Such a big word for alt.rock-n-roll.metal! :-) This newsgroup never ceases to
amaze me. Such large ivy-league multi-syllable words might overwhelm Maple,
so be sparing with them...

Doug
--
Doug Fierro
|\ UTS System Software

sl...@cc.usu.edu

Mar 9, 1992, 12:50:39 PM3/9/92
> I've personally
> seen thirteen year olds turn to alcohol and cigarettes after listening
> to Metallica's "...And Justice For All."

Hmmm...I see...that's why 'Blackened' is against smoking...I get it
...a bunch of mindless people again who don't know what they're listening
to...well then, THEY DESERVE IT!!

> Please, everybody, cancel your
> subscription to this bboard and subscribe to the Christian one.

Cancel yours first...

Oh...just for you....FUCK!! FUCK!! FUCK!!

"Just for the taste of it, Diet Coke!" Mike Fonnesbeck.

Maple Moriji

Mar 9, 1992, 2:13:16 PM3/9/92

jn...@andrew.cmu.edu (John Adam Nimpfer) writes:
: I recently found this appalling bboard, netnews.alt.rock-and-roll.metal,
: and I can safely say that I am utterly repulsed. Don't you people know
: that heavy metal music is evil? It's satanic I tell you!

FUCK OFF, YOU CHRISTIAN MOTHERFUCKER

: Groups like
: Metallica, Judas Priest, and Ozzy lead you naive teenagers to commit
: suicide. Satan is not your friend, he's a backstabber. I've personally

: seen thirteen year olds turn to alcohol and cigarettes after listening

: to Metallica's "...And Justice For All." One of the boys even grew his
: hair long and started taking the Lord's name in vain! Can't you people
: see that you are all doomed to eternal damnation if you keep listening
: to this "noise?" You have to believe me, you do have a friend in Jesus.
: I suggest that all of you take your albums, cassettes, and 8-track
: heavy metal tapes and burn them. Yes, I say, BURN THEM! Send that
: propaganda back to it's creator! Please, everybody, cancel your
: subscription to this bboard and subscribe to the Christian one. Start
: listening to some good musicians like Amy Grant and Garth Brooks. I'm
: not trying to scare you, I'm just trying to save you. I really care
: about all of you, especially Maple,Sauran, and most of all that hopeless
: wretch, Patrick B. McClory.

LEAVE US THE FUCK ALONE, MOTHERFUCKER

: I love all of you and hope you will take my
: advice to heart. I think you'll all thank me for it.
:
: Peace

WELL I HATE FANATICS LIKE YOU
GO FUCK YOURSELF, PREACHER

C++ ya in hell,

Maple Moriji

Mar 9, 1992, 2:17:06 PM3/9/92

pm...@andrew.cmu.edu (Patrick B Mcclory) writes:
:
: metalists and poseurs unite to conquer this common foe.
: ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I agree. Let's get this christian motherfucker out of here!
I'll get you posers later.

C++ ya,

Maple Moriji

Mar 9, 1992, 2:22:17 PM3/9/92

jn...@andrew.cmu.edu (John Adam Nimpfer) writes:
: Mr. McClory seems to already be under the grasp of Mr. Mephistopheles
: influence. I can't believe the language that is being used on this
: bboard. I also can't believe how attacking an innocent, church going,
: pacifist is going to solve any problems. I must once again stress that
: I am not your enemy, I am not your "foe." I'm a friend and I'm here to
: help you. If your having trouble burning your albums, please try to
: arrange a private meeting with your local priest. Mr. McClory, I see
: that we attend the same university. I will be paying you a visit
: tomorrow to offer guidance. I'm sure that I can save your soul.
:
: Peace

Oh, you don't like the language eh?
WELL FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING PREACHER
GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE

: Pick up a copy of Harry Connick Junior's new album for some swinging jazz!

HARRY CONNICK JUNIOR IS A POSER FROM HELL
JUST FUCK OFF, YOU PEACE-FREAK

C++ ya in hell,

Jerry W. Jordak

Mar 9, 1992, 2:53:38 PM3/9/92
In article <1992Mar9.1...@seas.gwu.edu> ma...@seas.gwu.edu
(Maple Moriji) writes:

>pm...@andrew.cmu.edu (Patrick B Mcclory) writes:
>:
>: metalists and poseurs unite to conquer this common foe.
>: ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Yes I agree. Let's get this christian motherfucker out of here!
>I'll get you posers later.

Too bad Suaron had to miss all of this..... :-)
He would have loved it.

Later,
-Jer

--
Jerry W. Jordak "The road to nowhere leads to me"--Ozzy Osborune
a.k.a. Jermaster

Victoria C Fike

Mar 9, 1992, 1:49:33 PM3/9/92

First of all, is this idiot for real, or just trying to make a stupid joke?

In article <8difnOC00...@andrew.cmu.edu> jn...@andrew.cmu.edu (John Adam Nimpfer) writes:
>I recently found this appalling bboard, netnews.alt.rock-and-roll.metal,
>and I can safely say that I am utterly repulsed.

Well, we are utterly repulsed by your narrow-minded, prejudiced, unasked-for
and unwanted ranting.

>Don't you people know

>that heavy metal music is evil? It's satanic I tell you! Groups like

>Metallica, Judas Priest, and Ozzy lead you naive teenagers to commit
>suicide.

No, peer pressure and mental imbalance lead naive teenagers to commit suicide.
And first of all, a lot of the people on here are *not* teenagers; and of the
ones who are, I venture to say that very few, if any, are naive.

>Satan is not your friend, he's a backstabber. I've personally
>seen thirteen year olds turn to alcohol and cigarettes after listening
>to Metallica's "...And Justice For All."

I've seen more of them turn to alcohol and cigarettes because of either peer
pressure, or parental example.

> One of the boys even grew his hair long

Something wrong with long hair? Personally, I like it in a guy.

>and started taking the Lord's name in vain! Can't you people
>see that you are all doomed to eternal damnation if you keep listening
>to this "noise?"

Most heavy metal artists have a lot more to say than bubble-gum rockers.

>You have to believe me, you do have a friend in Jesus.

Perhaps, but who appointed you His chosen mouthpiece?

> I suggest that all of you take your albums, cassettes, and 8-track
>heavy metal tapes and burn them. Yes, I say, BURN THEM! Send that
>propaganda

What about the propaganda you're sending us?

>back to it's creator! Please, everybody, cancel your
>subscription to this bboard and subscribe to the Christian one. Start
>listening to some good musicians like Amy Grant and Garth Brooks.

"Good" is relative, friend.

>I'm not trying to scare you,

You haven't--except insofar that it is frightening that such tunnel vision
exists in this enlightened age.

>I'm just trying to save you. I really care
>about all of you, especially Maple,Sauran, and most of all that hopeless

>wretch, Patrick B. McClory. I love all of you and hope you will take my

>advice to heart. I think you'll all thank me for it.
>
> Peace

Thank us for what? Having our souls "saved" from MUSIC?? Oh yes, of course.
Hearing a song about sex makes me want to go out and screw everything in
sight. Hearing a song about death makes me want to jump out the nearest
window. The only evil I see at work in the world today is you and your kind,
who would stifle anything that you do not understand, or that you misinterpret.
The only peace you offer is the peace of conformity and mindlessness. I do
not serve Satan; listening to metal has not harmed my grades, my morals, or my
attitude. Try expending your energies on people who need your help.
Don't waste our time.

Some metal lyrics which may show you the light:

"Ride like the wind "Evil ones try to destroy us
Fight proud, my son We're armed and prepared for
You're the Defender attack..."
God has sent..." Anthrax, "Armed and Dangerous"
Manowar, "Defender"

Some song contents: Metallica's "One" is about the horrors of war. Blue
Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper" makes the statement that death is a part
of the life cycle, and should not be feared. Manowar's "Heart of Steel" is
about standing by what you believe in. (And no, it does not define "what you
believe in" as Satanism.) Perhaps my net.colleagues could list more--I am
too vexed at this point to consider further.

Suffice to say, we neither need nor want your self-righteous blather. Take
it elsewhere, if you please.

Tori

Victoria C. Fike | "You can choose from *phantom fears and
vc...@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu | kindness that can kill*...
"Ignorance is the hobgoblin | I will choose the path that's clear--
of little minds." | I will choose Free Will!" --Rush

Rick Fisk

Mar 9, 1992, 3:36:55 PM3/9/92
In article <1992Mar9.1...@acsu.buffalo.edu> sw...@acsu.buffalo.edu (stephen swann) writes:
>In article <IdihjAm00...@andrew.cmu.edu> jn...@andrew.cmu.edu (John Adam Nimpfer) writes:
><<who the HELL is this freak, thank this pal. you suck.
><<get off this bboard, we don't want you

><Pick up a copy of Harry Connick Junior's new album for some swinging jazz!
>Personally, I think this is just Maple in a different straightjacket.
>:-)
>Steve Swann

No Maple isn't that smart. I think that Mr. Peace is the funniest guy
posting on this newsgroup. By the way, I did go down to my local
priest and he was very helpfull in assisting me to burn my KISS records.
I feel as light as a feather......

Rick

Patrick B Mcclory

Mar 9, 1992, 10:44:38 PM3/9/92
Excerpts from netnews.alt.rock-n-roll.metal: 9-Mar-92 Re: Metallica by
Rick Fi...@Auspex.COM
>>Personally, I think this is just Maple in a different straightjacket.

no, it ain't Maple!
Different school, lucky me I'm stuck with the bastard.
get a load of this.
This little putz comes knockin' on my door.
So I open it, and he standing there with a fucking bible in his hand.
I'm like, "who are you"
and he goes "I'm here to save you"
"excuse me"
"I am here to save your soul from the devil"
so I think this is a joke, right, but it ain't
this fuck up is serious.
So after I tell him to leave before I beat him up (roughly 10 times), he
hands me the bible and tells me to read some psalm, so I take the book
and throw it out the window. This little fucker then comes in my room, so
I pushed him out the door. He said, "God says I must turn the other cheek"
This is where I exploded on the fucker, I didn't hit him though, I should of.
I can't remember everything I said, but it had the effect of "get the fuck
out of here, etc. etc.)
he said he would pray for my soul, and I wasn't lost yet.
I just closed the door, I was ready to kill him, who the fuck does he think
he is.
I might have to write a song about this freak (hee hee)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
sorry, I had to do that

Jonathan Nichol

Mar 10, 1992, 2:23:22 AM3/10/92
In article <Qdj32aK00...@andrew.cmu.edu> pm...@andrew.cmu.edu (Patrick B Mcclory) writes:
>Excerpts from netnews.alt.rock-n-roll.metal: 9-Mar-92 Re: Metallica by
>Rick Fi...@Auspex.COM
>>>Personally, I think this is just Maple in a different straightjacket.
>
>no, it ain't Maple!
>Different school, lucky me I'm stuck with the bastard.
>get a load of this.
>This little putz comes knockin' on my door.
>So I open it, and he standing there with a fucking bible in his hand.
>I'm like, "who are you"
>
>da Weasel was here

Personally, I think this preacher dude is just da Weasel in a different
straightjacket.

In the beginning there was only...
---DARKNESS

My Friend of Misery

Mar 10, 1992, 9:10:04 AM3/10/92
Maple is such an asshole.

--
Ury Segal | _ ______ () _
u...@cs.huji.ac.il | ' ) / /\ //
| (__/ / (_/ (_/_ /__/__</_(_)_(_/|_</_
The taste of life: | / /|
C, SPARC and rock'n'roll !!! | ' |/

John Adam Nimpfer

Mar 10, 1992, 1:49:08 AM3/10/92
>So after I tell him to leave before I beat him up (roughly 10 times), he
>hands me the bible and tells me to read some psalm, so I take the book
>and throw it out the window. This little fucker then comes in my room, so
>I pushed him out the door. He said, "God says I must turn the other cheek"
>This is where I exploded on the fucker, I didn't hit him though, I should of.
>I can't remember everything I said, but it had the effect of "get the fuck
>out of here, etc. etc.)
I'll admit that I did pay Mr. McClory a visit, but his story is
rather exaggerated. All I wanted to do was have a brief conference with
him and read some Bible literature. He DID NOT tell me to leave 10
times. Instead, when I introduced myself he started shouting
obscenities and pushed me down the stairs.
I now realize that a peaceful confrontation with a heavy metal fan is
not a good idea. THIS MUSIC BRINGS OUT THE VIOLENT NATURE IN PEOPLE! I
picked myself up from the bottom of the stairs and went home. I sit
here now with cuts and bruises, reason enough to press charges. But the
Lord says to turn the other cheek, and the other cheek I will turn! Mr.
McClory, you are safe from the law for the time being. Although you are
safe from the law now, you will be judged in a "Higher" court at the
end. And when you spend the rest of eternity in hell with your Oggy
Ogbornt and Jimmy Henderson, you'll wish that you had let me into your
room today.

Peace

P.S. Maple, does your mother know the kind of language you use? What
would she say? You should be ashamed of yourself! Sticks and stones
may break my bones, but Maple's childish words will never hurt me!

Patrick B Mcclory

Mar 10, 1992, 10:39:07 AM3/10/92
Excerpts from netnews.alt.rock-n-roll.metal: 10-Mar-92 Re: Metallica by
Jonathan Nichol@milton.u

>Personally, I think this preacher dude is just da Weasel in a different
>straightjacket.

No, it ain't me either
it's a little twerp who goes to my school though.
He's a liar as well, I didn't push nobody down the steps.
I just want to get him the fuck off the bboard.

and Mr. Peace, Fuck Off.

Victoria C Fike

Mar 10, 1992, 6:26:48 PM3/10/92
In article <gdj5jYK00UhWMA=n...@andrew.cmu.edu> jn...@andrew.cmu.edu (John Adam Nimpfer) writes:

>>[insert the Weasel's story of invasion by bible thumper]

>I now realize that a peaceful confrontation with a heavy metal fan is
>not a good idea. THIS MUSIC BRINGS OUT THE VIOLENT NATURE IN PEOPLE!

Side note: it's not the music, but the person antagonizing the listener...

>And when you spend the rest of eternity in hell with your
>Oggy Ogbornt and Jimmy Henderson,

^^^^^^^^^^^^
This guy has got to be a fake. He spelled "Ozzy" right in his first post.
What do you think, friends and neighbors? Flame him anyways? >;-)

>P.S. Maple, does your mother know the kind of language you use? What
>would she say? You should be ashamed of yourself! Sticks and stones
>may break my bones, but Maple's childish words will never hurt me!

Now THAT'S too funny. Now we KNOW it's a fake. Scolding a net.poster about
his *language*? Yeah, okay, sure this guy's for real. No one on the planet
could possibly be *that* clueless. (See what he's done--he's got me defending
Maple. Sheesh!)

Too bad Suaron's on break this week. He'd get a kick out of it...

Tori

Victoria C. Fike | "We're pain, we're steel,
vc...@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu | A plot of knives
"Why are you such a megabitch?" | We're Transmaniacon MC!"
"Because I can..." | --Blue Oyster Cult

Maple Moriji

Mar 10, 1992, 6:33:59 PM3/10/92

jn...@andrew.cmu.edu (John Adam Nimpfer) writes:
:
: P.S. Maple, does your mother know the kind of language you use? What

: would she say? You should be ashamed of yourself! Sticks and stones
: may break my bones, but Maple's childish words will never hurt me!

My mother is dead you moron. I'm not ashamed of myself; I like myself.
I don't go around pretending to be somebody by waving some stickin'
bible around. Christianity is not the only religion, you
motherfucker. If you want to discuss about Christianity, go to
alt.atheism. If you don't leave, you'd better pray to your so called
"God," because I'm gonna throw you out of this newsgroup piece by piece!

Hey Pat, go beat up that motherfucker for me!

C++ ya,

Rick Fisk

Mar 10, 1992, 8:46:32 PM3/10/92
In article <1992Mar10....@seas.gwu.edu> ma...@seas.gwu.edu (Maple Moriji) writes:
>"God," because I'm gonna throw you out of this newsgroup piece by piece!
>
>Hey Pat, go beat up that motherfucker for me!

Maple, first, you don't have the Cajones to do it yourself....

Second, posers don't have a say in who get's to post here.
so that means that you must either put the prankster in your kill file,
or get out yourself.....

Rick Fisk
"The Rock Cod From Hell"
Mephistopheles was a stud....
ri...@auspex.com

Patrick B Mcclory

Mar 10, 1992, 10:05:23 PM3/10/92
Excerpts from netnews.alt.rock-n-roll.metal: 10-Mar-92 Re: Metallica by
Victoria C Fike@cunixa.c

>>I now realize that a peaceful confrontation with a heavy metal fan is
>>not a good idea. THIS MUSIC BRINGS OUT THE VIOLENT NATURE IN PEOPLE!
>
>Side note: it's not the music, but the person antagonizing the listener...

he was lying, I didn't even touch him, you're probably right, he might be
a fake. He's probably just a fuckin' fanatic.

>>And when you spend the rest of eternity in hell with your
>>Oggy Ogbornt and Jimmy Henderson,
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>This guy has got to be a fake. He spelled "Ozzy" right in his first post.
>What do you think, friends and neighbors? Flame him anyways? >;-)

I noticed that too. I think it was intentional, (but it could have been a
slip)

>>P.S. Maple, does your mother know the kind of language you use? What
>>would she say? You should be ashamed of yourself! Sticks and stones
>>may break my bones, but Maple's childish words will never hurt me!
>
>Now THAT'S too funny. Now we KNOW it's a fake. Scolding a net.poster about
>his *language*? Yeah, okay, sure this guy's for real. No one on the planet
>could possibly be *that* clueless. (See what he's done--he's got me defending
>Maple. Sheesh!)

some people are that clueless
people could say that about you for defending Maple, think about it.

>Too bad Suaron's on break this week. He'd get a kick out of it...

yeah, it'll be great.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending this asshole (fake or not). I want him
off the net just as much as you do (again, fake or not).

>Tori

Tim Messick

Mar 10, 1992, 10:54:34 PM3/10/92
[...]
)
) Peace

Ha,ha,ha.....I think you missed your target. I know this was *supposed* to
be funny....but it's not.

John Adam Nimpfer

Mar 10, 1992, 11:44:21 PM3/10/92
Excerpts from netnews.alt.rock-n-roll.metal: 10-Mar-92 Re: Metallica by
Victoria C Fike@cunixa.c
>>And when you spend the rest of eternity in hell with your
>>Oggy Ogbornt and Jimmy Henderson,
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>This guy has got to be a fake. He spelled "Ozzy" right in his first post.
>What do you think, friends and neighbors? Flame him anyways? >;-)
Friends and neighbors I know all too well who Ozzy and Jimi Hendrix
is. I spelled their names wrong to emphasize the silliness of their
names. What I was trying to say is that if you people keep worshipping
these false idols with silly names, who hide behind guitars, you'll end
up in hell with them.

>Now THAT'S too funny. Now we KNOW it's a fake. Scolding a net.poster about
>his *language*? Yeah, okay, sure this guy's for real. No one on the planet
>could possibly be *that* clueless. (See what he's done--he's got me defending
>Maple. Sheesh!)

Victoria, I can't believe that you condone Maple's or anyone's use
of foul language. How can you accuse me of being a fake just because I
find the use of certain four letter words offensive? This just further
proves my point: heavy metal music leads to the loss of morals in its
listeners. I am glad that I at least found a friend for the tragic
Maple. I believe that if Maple has a friend, there is still hope that
no one will be posting to this bboard anymore. Thank you Victoria,
you've furthered my cause by one step.
Peace

P.S. Victoria, let me know how your relationship with Maple works out.

John Adam Nimpfer

Mar 11, 1992, 12:08:40 AM3/11/92
Excerpts from netnews.alt.rock-n-roll.metal: 10-Mar-92 Re: Metallica by
Maple Mor...@seas.gwu.ed
>My mother is dead you moron. I'm not ashamed of myself; I like myself.
>I don't go around pretending to be somebody by waving some stickin'
>bible around. Christianity is not the only religion, you
>motherfucker. If you want to discuss about Christianity, go to
>alt.atheism. If you don't leave, you'd better pray to your so called
>"God," because I'm gonna throw you out of this newsgroup piece by piece!
Maple, I'm very sorry to learn about your deceased mother. This may
be one of the reasons why you turned out the way you did. Without that
special person , Mother, in your life, you are lacking a vital and
enriching part of your personal growth. This must be why you turned out
with such a lack of personality and a fondness for heavy metal. Oh
Maple, you are a tragic case and I do feel for you. I pray for you
every night, along with David Duke.
I'm not here to talk about Christianity, I'm here to show the evil
of heavy metal, and Maple, you are a prime example of that evil. I know
Christianity is not the only religion, I even know a few Jewish people!

Once again, I'm threatened with violence. You don't scare me,
Maple, and neither did "da Weasel" as he threw me down the stairs!

>Hey Pat, go beat up that motherfucker for me!

You really shouldn't instigate violent acts, Maple. If I was
murdered by Mr. McClory, you would feel bad. And once again you use
that "word." What would your mother, looking down from heaven, think?
Peace

P.S. I hope your new friendship with Victoria works out for the better!

CHRISTOPHER FORGERON

Mar 11, 1992, 8:29:55 AM3/11/92
In <YdjN0ZW00...@andrew.cmu.edu> jn...@andrew.cmu.edu writes:

Okay, this guy gets my vote as "Metal Hoax of '92". Almost as bad as the
Vickky chick in alt.satanism ('cept she was sorta for real).

I dunno, I just don't believe people like this actually exist. Besides, he is
causing us to waste a lot of good bandwidth on a stupid topic. Take it to
alt.religious_puke or something.

Maple Moriji

Mar 11, 1992, 11:12:55 AM3/11/92

jn...@andrew.cmu.edu (John Adam Nimpfer) writes:
:
: You really shouldn't instigate violent acts, Maple. If I was

: murdered by Mr. McClory, you would feel bad. And once again you use
: that "word." What would your mother, looking down from heaven, think?
: Peace

First of all, there ain't no heaven, you bible babbling freak.
And second, she'd be proud of me, because she hates assholes
like you. And third, nothing's gonna stop me from kicking your
ass out of here.

C++ ya later MOTHERFUCKER

Brian J Lance

Mar 11, 1992, 12:00:44 PM3/11/92
In article <1992Mar11.1...@seas.gwu.edu> ma...@seas.gwu.edu (Maple Moriji) writes:

>jn...@andrew.cmu.edu (John Adam Nimpfer) writes:
>:
>: You really shouldn't instigate violent acts, Maple. If I was
>: murdered by Mr. McClory, you would feel bad. And once again you use
>: that "word." What would your mother, looking down from heaven, think?
>: Peace
>
>First of all, there ain't no heaven, you bible babbling freak.
>And second, she'd be proud of me, because she hates assholes
>like you. And third, nothing's gonna stop me from kicking your
>ass out of here.
>
>C++ ya later MOTHERFUCKER
>
>Maple

Boy, Maple, this recent trend of you being so tough I'm sure has everyone
shaking in their boots. I can picture you writing this kind of stuff.
I see you being about 5' 5",oh, 130 pounds, hunched behind your computer
monitor. I guess on the keyboard, you can be tough and threaten to
"kick people's ass", but I have feeling that face to face you wouldn't
be so bad because you'd get your scrawny little ass kicked. To make an
analogy to make you happy, I bet you'd be just like Axl Rose and
challenge people to "get in the ring", and then back out if ever taken up.
Enough is enough already. Take your Ridilen (or however you spell it)!

Brian Lance

ti_...@vax.muskingum.edu

Mar 11, 1992, 3:27:03 PM3/11/92
In article <YdjN0ZW00...@andrew.cmu.edu>, jn...@andrew.cmu.edu (John Adam Nimpfer) writes:
Friends and neighbors I know all too well who Ozzy and Jimi Hendrix
> is. I spelled their names wrong to emphasize the silliness of their
> names. What I was trying to say is that if you people keep worshipping
> these false idols with silly names, who hide behind guitars, you'll end
> up in hell with them.
>
>>Now THAT'S too funny. Now we KNOW it's a fake. Scolding a net.poster about
>>his *language*? Yeah, okay, sure this guy's for real. No one on the planet
>>could possibly be *that* clueless. (See what he's done--he's got me defending
>>Maple. Sheesh!)
> Victoria, I can't believe that you condone Maple's or anyone's use
> of foul language. How can you accuse me of being a fake just because I
> find the use of certain four letter words offensive? This just further
> proves my point: heavy metal music leads to the loss of morals in its
> listeners. I am glad that I at least found a friend for the tragic
> Maple. I believe that if Maple has a friend, there is still hope that
> no one will be posting to this bboard anymore. Thank you Victoria,
> you've furthered my cause by one step.
> Peace
>
> P.S. Victoria, let me know how your relationship with Maple works out.

Hey Peace! Don't have anything else better to do than bother us? Go
away to someplace where people will listen to you, because nobody's listening
to *YOU*! PISS OFF!

Victoria C Fike

Mar 11, 1992, 2:50:35 PM3/11/92
In article <YdjN0ZW00...@andrew.cmu.edu> jn...@andrew.cmu.edu (John Adam Nimpfer) writes:
> Friends and neighbors I know all too well who Ozzy and Jimi Hendrix
>is. I spelled their names wrong to emphasize the silliness of their
>names.

"Ozzy" is, if not a common name, one that has been used before. Ever hear of
Ozzy Newsome <sp>? And as for Jimi, his name is perfectly normal--just a diff-
erent spelling. Oh, I see. What you're saying is that if a name isn't spelled
in the old-fashioned, standard way, it's "silly." A kindergarten notion if
ever I heard one...

> What I was trying to say is that if you people keep worshipping
>these false idols

Who worships 'em? We just like their music. Do you worship the bands *you*
listen to? No more do we.

>who hide behind guitars,

Qua?

>you'll end up in hell with them.

Oh really? What have any of us done that would land us in hell? Since we
don't worship these groups, which was your major premise here....

>>Now THAT'S too funny. Now we KNOW it's a fake. Scolding a net.poster about
>>his *language*? Yeah, okay, sure this guy's for real. No one on the planet

>>could possibly be *that* clueless. (See what he's done--he's got me defendin>>Maple. Sheesh!)

> Victoria, I can't believe that you condone Maple's or anyone's use
>of foul language.

Never said I did. But, ever hear of "freedom of expression"?

>How can you accuse me of being a fake just because I find the use of certain
>four letter words offensive?

Oh, that's not why. It's the fact that, with people learning to swear at their
mothers' knees, you come sailing in here and lecture like an elementary-school
teacher. Matter of fact, I've been quite offended by this patronizing manner
of yours throughout this entire thread.

>This just further proves my point: heavy metal music leads to the loss of
>morals in its listeners.

What do you know of my morals? Nothing. And even if you did, what gave you
the right to judge them? Certainly not God, or the Bible. "Remove the log
from thine own eye..."

>I am glad that I at least found a friend for the tragic Maple.

NOT!!!! Let's get something straight right now. The *only* reason I spoke
up on Maple's behalf is because you're an even bigger idiot than he is!

>I believe that if Maple has a friend, there is still hope that
>no one will be posting to this bboard anymore.

Well, that's the most twisted train of non-logic that ever I saw. You're
saying, basically, that metal listeners couldn't possibly have friends.
If anything, metal forms a bond of fellowship between people who believe in the
freedom of music. So what you're doing is *strengthening* our newsgroup.

>Thank you Victoria, you've furthered my cause by one step.

Oh, the shame of it! Having helped a narrow-minded, self-righteous, holier-
than-thou, egotistical (such you are, for you act as if you're God's chosen
mouthpiece) fool further his personal crusade. Apologies, fellow net.folks.

>P.S. Victoria, let me know how your relationship with Maple works out.

A relationship with Maple. Riiiight. I'd rather dive into a swimming pool
filled with double-edged razor blades. (Anyone place that quote?)

Tori

Victoria C. Fike | "People keep asking if we're gonna change.
vc...@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu | I look 'em in the eye, tell 'em:
"Why are you such a megabitch?" | NO WAY!!!!"
"Because I can be..." | --Manowar, "Fighting the World"

Andrew Cannon

Mar 11, 1992, 5:10:20 AM3/11/92

>WELL I HATE FANATICS LIKE YOU
>GO FUCK YOURSELF, PREACHER
>
>C++ ya in hell,

Maybe someone should turn Maple (syrup?) down a bit. The dork who posted the
religous crap was using something called SATIRE. (Either that or he's a
religous nutter)

C++ ya in hell, ....They would'nt have you Maple.

Andy

--
| Andy | ...Pain leads to Pleasure
| | Love leads to Lust 'Devils Toy'
| Email | She said..Love only Love The Almighty
| and...@spider.co.uk | Love is the Devils Toy.

Jerry W. Jordak

Mar 11, 1992, 4:07:05 PM3/11/92
In article <1992Mar11....@ctr.columbia.edu> vc...@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu
(Victoria C Fike) writes:

>"Ozzy" is, if not a common name, one that has been used before. Ever hear of
>Ozzy Newsome <sp>?

A damn good tight end, if I might add. (Spelled "Ozzie", but that's beside
the point. :-)

>>I believe that if Maple has a friend, there is still hope that
>>no one will be posting to this bboard anymore.

>Well, that's the most twisted train of non-logic that ever I saw. You're
>saying, basically, that metal listeners couldn't possibly have friends.
>If anything, metal forms a bond of fellowship between people who believe in the
>freedom of music. So what you're doing is *strengthening* our newsgroup.

Freedom of music. Exactly. Who the hell is this idiot to try and tell us what
we can and can't listen to? Get out of here and leave us the hell alone!
As for strengthening the newsgroup, I say he's doing a fine job. Hell, we
even have Maple-haters and posers defending Maple! And just wait until
Suaron gets back.......

>>Thank you Victoria, you've furthered my cause by one step.

>Oh, the shame of it! Having helped a narrow-minded, self-righteous, holier-
>than-thou, egotistical (such you are, for you act as if you're God's chosen
>mouthpiece) fool further his personal crusade. Apologies, fellow net.folks.

Apologies accepted.

>A relationship with Maple. Riiiight. I'd rather dive into a swimming pool
>filled with double-edged razor blades. (Anyone place that quote?)

Weird Al Yankovich. :-)

Rick Fisk

Mar 11, 1992, 4:57:26 PM3/11/92
In article <1992Mar11.1...@seas.gwu.edu> ma...@seas.gwu.edu (Maple Moriji) writes:

>jn...@andrew.cmu.edu (John Adam Nimpfer) writes:
>:
>like you. And third, nothing's gonna stop me from kicking your
>ass out of here.
>Maple

Except for the fact that your a poser. And poser's can't kick anyone off
the net......

Rick

"The Rock Cod from Hell"
....now there's a fish story..
Rick Fi...@auspex.com

sl...@cc.usu.edu

Mar 11, 1992, 3:55:40 PM3/11/92

--

Like it fucking matters if anyone can kick anyones ass...

"Just for the taste of it, Diet Coke!" Mike Fonnesbeck.

Kevin J. Feury

Mar 11, 1992, 5:59:24 PM3/11/92
In article <1992Mar11....@ctr.columbia.edu>
vc...@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Victoria C Fike) writes:

> I'd rather dive into a swimming pool
> filled with double-edged razor blades. (Anyone place that quote?)

if my memory serves me right, it would be weird al, no? i think the
song is 'one more minute' or something to that effect. along with
cleaning out all the bathrooms in grand central station, with your
tongue, etc...

-kev.

slat...@mac.dartmouth.edu

and yes, the return (despite finals) of my .sig file!
and with special modification to fit this thread!

torches blazed and sacred chrants were praised
as they start to cry hands held to the sky
in the night, the fires are burning bright
the ritual has begun, satan's work is done
666 the number of the beast
sacrifice is going on tonight

this can't go on i must inform the law
can this still be real or just some crazy dream
but i feel drawn towards the evil chanting hordes
they seem to mesmerize me ... can't avoid their eyes
666 the number of the beast
666 the one for you and me

Steve M. Mansfield

Mar 11, 1992, 8:24:28 PM3/11/92
In article <1992Mar11....@ctr.columbia.edu> vc...@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Victoria C Fike) writes:
>In article <YdjN0ZW00...@andrew.cmu.edu> jn...@andrew.cmu.edu (John Adam Nimpfer) writes:
>
>A relationship with Maple. Riiiight. I'd rather dive into a swimming pool
>filled with double-edged razor blades. (Anyone place that quote?)

Than spend

one more minute

with you...

Wierd Al, of course!

>Tori

>Victoria C. Fike | "People keep asking if we're gonna change.
>vc...@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu | I look 'em in the eye, tell 'em:
>"Why are you such a megabitch?" | NO WAY!!!!"
>"Because I can be..." | --Manowar, "Fighting the World"

Steve "Yoda Junior" Mansfield yo...@uunet.uu.net
Have we come too far to turn around? Does emotion hold the key?
Is logic just a synonym for this savagery,
disguised in forgotten lost memories? - Queensryche, NM 156

Jonathan Nichol

Mar 11, 1992, 7:24:16 PM3/11/92
In article <1992Mar11....@ctr.columbia.edu> vc...@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Victoria C Fike) writes:

>A relationship with Maple. Riiiight. I'd rather dive into a swimming pool
>filled with double-edged razor blades. (Anyone place that quote?)

I can place that quote. It's from "One more minute with you"
by Weird Al Yankovic. This Peace guy probably thinks he's Satanic
too because he makes fun of the shit he listens to. Anyways,
I think I could apply "One More Minute With You" to this Peace guy
already. One more post and I might get mad.

David Philip Fergenson

Mar 11, 1992, 11:23:54 PM3/11/92
Dear Public,
It has come to my attention that there are certain parties out there
on netland whom you do not desire to read these parties posting
messages. This is how to avoid not to read them. It's called a "Kill
file."
First you have to if flames are added. If they are, open up an
emacs document named emacs .kill. Write the complete user addresses in
the .kill file completely if you don't want to recieve postings from the
adresses in the file. Make sure that you have gnu-emacs of later for
this to work or it won't work.
If flames are not added, you might have to add them. Open emacs
.kill and make the first line say ".ls touch flames." Then you can deal
with it like it normally was to be dealt with.
This will prevent you from seing any of the people's postings in
your kill file that you do not want to be seen postings. Happy killing

BTW: I don't like any of this religion bull shit, and I certainly don't
believe in God, but I don't like you waistoids any more. "Mr. Peace,"
as you call him only cares about you, and you should listen to him
because he only cares about you. He doesn't want yo to waste your lives
listening to this heavy metal garbage that you listen to, so give him a
chance and try life for once. And you might give him a chance, because
he might have something good say.

-Sedation

David Philip Fergenson

Mar 11, 1992, 11:28:01 PM3/11/92
Hi. I almost forgot to mention that I forgot to tell you that I'm not
sure if this works on NFS. I know that it works on AFS.
If yo have any questions, write them to the net, because I'm sure
other people will have the same questions as you might have been having.

I am a .sig file virus. Copy me into your signature file please.

John Adam Nimpfer

Mar 11, 1992, 11:47:58 PM3/11/92
Excerpts from netnews.alt.rock-n-roll.metal: 11-Mar-92 Re: Metallica by
Maple Mor...@seas.gwu.ed
>First of all, there ain't no heaven, you bible babbling freak.
>And second, she'd be proud of me, because she hates assholes
>like you. And third, nothing's gonna stop me from kicking your
>ass out of here.
>
>C++ ya later MOTHERFUCKER

Maple, a few questions?
1.How do you know there's no heaven? Have you been there?
2.How do you know your deceased mother would be proud of you? Do you
use a ouija board to communicate with the dead?
3.If there is no heaven, where's your deceased mother? Would you
suggest your "mother of life" is in hell?
4.There is one thing that will stop you from kicking my "posterior" out
of here, and that is courage. Courage is something you lack. You hide
behind obscene words. I believe your bark is louder than your bite.
You seem to me to be what the others posting on this bboard call...
"posers!"
Maple, I still believe there is hope for you and for everyone who
posts here. Try some good music for a change, what's wrong with John
Denver?
Peace

John Adam Nimpfer

Mar 11, 1992, 11:36:14 PM3/11/92
Excerpts from netnews.alt.rock-n-roll.metal: 11-Mar-92 Re: Metallica by
CHRISTOPHER FORGERON@Hus
> Okay, this guy gets my vote as "Metal Hoax of '92". Almost as bad as the
>Vickky chick in alt.satanism ('cept she was sorta for real).
>
> I dunno, I just don't believe people like this actually exist. Besides, he is
>causing us to waste a lot of good bandwidth on a stupid topic. Take it to
>alt.religious_puke or something.

Chris, how can you not believe I exist? Have you lead a sheltered
life? I exist and there are millions like me! Ever hear of Tipper
Gore? You say that I'm wasting time on a stupid topic. But my "stupid
topic" is heavy metal, the very bboard that you're posting to. I looked
for alt.religious_puke but couldn't find it. Are you sure it exists?
Peace

Patrick B Mcclory

Mar 12, 1992, 12:17:57 AM3/12/92
Excerpts from netnews.alt.rock-n-roll.metal: 11-Mar-92 Re: Metallica by
Victoria C Fike@cunixa.c

>in the old-fashioned, standard way, it's "silly." A kindergarten notion if
>ever I heard one...

well, to me, this guy sounds (and looks mind you) like he is about as smart
as a baby in kindergarden. He's is rather an amusing fello

>Never said I did. But, ever hear of "freedom of expression"?

but defending stupid expression is in itself stupid. ka peesh (sp.?)

>Oh, that's not why. It's the fact that, with people learning to swear
at >their mothers' knees, you come sailing in here and lecture like an
>elementary-school
>teacher. Matter of fact, I've been quite offended by this patronizing >manner

how could you be offended by a moron? he is obviously an idiot.

>of yours throughout this entire thread.

dont read it then, "man, I don't see no problem here" -VH (oh, sorry, they
ain't metal)

>What do you know of my morals? Nothing. And even if you did, what gave you
>the right to judge them? Certainly not God, or the Bible. "Remove the log
>from thine own eye..."

remove the log from your anus (sorry, I just had to say that)

>NOT!!!! Let's get something straight right now. The *only* reason I spoke
>up on Maple's behalf is because you're an even bigger idiot than he is!

that's the dumbest reason I've ever heard

>Oh, the shame of it! Having helped a narrow-minded, self-righteous, holier-
>than-thou, egotistical (such you are, for you act as if you're God's chosen
>mouthpiece) fool further his personal crusade. Apologies, fellow net.folks.

holier-than-thou, uh oh, is Victoria a poser, get her Maple.
I wouldn't say that "peace" is egotistical, he's just stupid.

That's good you find humor in this, cause I think this John guy is hilarious.
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

>A relationship with Maple. Riiiight. I'd rather dive into a swimming pool
>filled with double-edged razor blades. (Anyone place that quote?)

ouch, I hope you don't mean that.

>Tori

did you by any chance go to Tenafly High School?

Patrick B Mcclory

Mar 12, 1992, 12:21:43 AM3/12/92
Excerpts from netnews.alt.rock-n-roll.metal: 11-Mar-92 Re: Metallica by
CHRISTOPHER FORGERON@Hus

> Okay, this guy gets my vote as "Metal Hoax of '92". Almost as bad as the
>Vickky chick in alt.satanism ('cept she was sorta for real).

wait a second, you are subscribed to alt.satanism and
netnews.alt.rock-n-roll.metal.
I'm afraid this is going to be a bonus for our priest friend.

> I dunno, I just don't believe people like this actually exist.
Besides, he > is
>causing us to waste a lot of good bandwidth on a stupid topic. Take it to
>alt.religious_puke or something.

Well obviously he exists or he wouldn't be wasting bandwidth.

just my 75 rubles (pardon the stupid humor)

John Adam Nimpfer

Mar 12, 1992, 12:31:43 AM3/12/92
>>I believe that if Maple has a friend, there is still hope that
>>no one will be posting to this bboard anymore.
>
>Well, that's the most twisted train of non-logic that ever I saw. You're
>saying, basically, that metal listeners couldn't possibly have friends.
>If anything, metal forms a bond of fellowship between people who
believe in the
>freedom of music. So what you're doing is *strengthening* our newsgroup.

I believe most people have friends, even heavy metal listeners. I
was saying that Maple doesn't have any friends. If he did, he wouldn't
post angry, wretched posts to this bboard all the time. I believe I'm
srengthening this newsgroup by uniting everyone to abandon metal. As I
said before, we all have a friend in Jesus.

>>P.S. Victoria, let me know how your relationship with Maple works out.

>A relationship with Maple. Riiiight. I'd rather dive into a swimming pool
>filled with double-edged razor blades. (Anyone place that quote?)

Tori

I wish you wouldn't be so hard on Maple, the poor soul may have
suicidal tendencies.
Peace

Patrick B Mcclory

Mar 12, 1992, 12:33:40 AM3/12/92
Excerpts from netnews.alt.rock-n-roll.metal: 11-Mar-92 Re: Metallica by
John Adam Nimpfer@andrew
>posts here. Try some good music for a change, what's wrong with John
>Denver?
> Peace

John Denver, what the fuck is wrong with you, he ain't metal, he ain't
poser, he ain't rock, and he ain't real music.

P.S. the next time you call me I will do something you may not like.
and it will involve piece.

awmu...@eos.ncsu.edu

Mar 12, 1992, 9:55:35 AM3/12/92
jn...@andrew.cmu.edu (John Adam Nimpfer) writes:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>for alt.religious_puke but couldn't find it. Are you sure it exists?
> Peace

THE BIBLE THUMPERS ARE COMING!! THE BIBLE THUMPERS ARE COMING!!

Quick! Hide your money! Run for the hills! Don't let 'em touch your wallet!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this guy is a joke. Tell me it is, please! First, we have a massive,
never-ending Poser War and now the Pulpit Pounders, too??!!

Whoever this John Adam Nimpfer is, his "topic" is NOT metal. His topic is
a vain attempt to lead us all into futile worship of the dead-god-on-the-
stick. Forgive me, but believing in this "Jesus" fellow is like believing in
a bona-fide Tooth Fairy. Appologies to those who ACTUALLY DO believe in
God/Jesus. Appologies also to those who believe in the Tooth Fairy...

Oh, by the way, I found alt.religious_puke. It seems they've renamed it
to soc.religion.christian. Try that one, instead.

I have no problems with Christians in general (except that I happen to
disagree with their worldview), BUT I DO have a problem with the types
who try to ban everything from RPG's to heavy metal to just plain Having
A Good Time (tm)....although I personally think that these types are more
in line with the founders of Christianity. The Christians who are OK,
decent people are in a "watered down" Christianity. I just hope they never
wake up and see the full ignorance, violence, and hate of REAL Christianity
(i.e. The Old Testament in all of it's Infinite Wisdom! Amen! Yaaaesss!
Paraisssa th' Lorrreddd! Yaaaessss!)

Send all comments, flames, invective, etc. to:
awmu...@eos.ncsu.edu

--
This is a new version of the memetic .signature infection. Now that's an idea.
Copy it into your .signature today!

awmu...@eos.ncsu.edu

Matthew J. O'Sickey

Mar 12, 1992, 10:36:11 AM3/12/92
In article <1992Mar9.1...@seas.gwu.edu> ma...@seas.gwu.edu (Maple Moriji) writes:
>pm...@andrew.cmu.edu (Patrick B Mcclory) writes:
>: metalists and poseurs unite to conquer this common foe.
>: ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>Yes I agree. Let's get this christian motherfucker out of here!
>I'll get you posers later.
>C++ ya,
>Maple

UNITE UNITE UNITE UNITE UNITE

All for metal and metal for all,

Time to drop our respective internecine flame wars and unite
in a common front against close-minded biblethumpers. The
only possible problem is if maple, doc, and suaron ever find
themselves at the same anti-biblethumper rally...will the united
cause be enough to keep them from assaulting each other :)

azrael (back from spring break)

--
"You should have listened to what Christ had to say"--Savatage

any savatage lyrics are always appreciated at osi...@fegate.cc.purdue.edu

CHRISTOPHER FORGERON

Mar 12, 1992, 9:05:26 AM3/12/92
In <odjhyyi00...@andrew.cmu.edu> jn...@andrew.cmu.edu writes:

Wow, mabye people like you really do exist. I'm tickled pink, really. I'm
sorry to have doubted your existance, I mistook you for the brainchild of
some kid who hacked an account, or someone in need of a good laugh.

In answer to your questions; No I haven't lead an overly sheltered life, just
that there isn't very many religious 'missionarys' out my way.
Tipper Gore? The name rings a bell.
Your topic is not heavy metal, rather the "demonic effects of Heavy Metal
on youth".
alt.religious_puke doesn't exist, but mabye it should.

J CARBONARO

Mar 12, 1992, 11:21:25 AM3/12/92
In article <Qdji9y200...@andrew.cmu.edu>,

jn...@andrew.cmu.edu (John Adam Nimpfer) writes:

>Excerpts from netnews.alt.rock-n-roll.metal: 11-Mar-92 Re: Metallica by

>Maple Mor...@seas.gwu.ed
>>First of all, <<the usual drivel deleted>>

> Maple, a few questions?
>1.How do you know there's no heaven?

>2.How do you know your deceased mother would be proud of you? Do you
>use a ouija board to communicate with the dead?
>3.If there

>4.There is one thing that will stop you from kicking my "posterior" out

> Maple, I still believe there is hope for you and for everyone who

>posts here. Try some good music for a change, what's wrong with John
>Denver?
> Peace

Kill files need not be the answer to the problem of idiotic and
innappropriate postings. Get a clue and get a life, this isn't
net.Biblethump.lame . As religeous beliefs are rarely an issue in
discussing MUSIC, it would be appreciated by all if "peace" would
keep his piece in his pants and stop spitting religeous-born-again
pablum all over the network.

YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY MUSIC INFORMATION TO SHARE as you have
demonstrated from an entire catalogue of postings. Refrain from
pathetic attempts at satire, it's a sad waste of bandwidth. Please
make yourself avail to your local christian youth group. If you are
interested in posting strictly musical information about christian
metal bands, then do so (there are some who may appreciate it).

Btw, does anyone have the lyrics to Smells like teen spirit?

GGGGAGGAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHHHHH.........!

Victoria C Fike

Mar 12, 1992, 5:08:05 PM3/12/92
In article <39...@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> osi...@fe548.cc.purdue.edu (Matthew J. O'Sickey) writes:

> UNITE UNITE UNITE UNITE UNITE
>
> All for metal and metal for all,
>
> Time to drop our respective internecine flame wars and unite
> in a common front against close-minded biblethumpers. The
> only possible problem is if maple, doc, and suaron ever find
> themselves at the same anti-biblethumper rally...will the united
> cause be enough to keep them from assaulting each other :)
>
> azrael (back from spring break)

Welcome back, Azrael.

A nice idea....to show this narrow-minded twit that we stand up for what we
believe in. Yeah, Suaron would stay focused--problem is, he's on spring break
this week. Doc must be, too--he hasn't posted in an age or so. However, is
this lone idiot really worth it? People have yelled at him, threatened him,
tried to talk rationally and explain that metal is not evil, etc. He keeps
coming back for more....it makes him feel like a martyr. And *he* says *we*
have problems....didya catch the latest? He's on this crusade because a kid
wearing a Motley Crue shirt robbed him once. I suppose if he was hit by a
Cadillac, he'd declare General Motors satanic, too.

No, this pathetic creature needs psychological help. He's going to keep
posting, because getting flamed/threatened/disagreed with makes him feel like
he's doing something worthwhile (cf: early Christian saints & martyrs). He
hides behind his self-righteous crusade so he doesn't have to deal with his
problems. Ain't life a bitch...

Tori

Victoria C. Fike | "Listen to my music and hear what it can do
vc...@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu | There's something here as strong as life
"Lord, what fools these mortals | I know that it will reach you..."
be!"--_Midsummer Night's Dream_ | --Rush, _2112_

John Adam Nimpfer

Mar 12, 1992, 10:05:49 PM3/12/92
>YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY MUSIC INFORMATION TO SHARE as you have
>demonstrated from an entire catalogue of postings. Refrain from
>pathetic attempts at satire, it's a sad waste of bandwidth. Please
>make yourself avail to your local christian youth group. If you are
>interested in posting strictly musical information about christian
>metal bands, then do so (there are some who may appreciate it).
>
> Btw, does anyone have the lyrics to Smells like teen spirit?

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset anyone. Since you want me to talk
about music, here's the lyrics you asked for.

Smells Like Teen Spirit

Load up on guns
Bring your friends
It's fun to lose
And to pretend
She's overboard
Myself assured
I know I know
A dirty word

hello(x16)

(Chorous)
With the lights out it's less dangerous
Here we are now
Entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now
Entertain us
A mulatto
An albino
A mosquito
My libido
Yea

I'm worse at what I do best
And for this gift I feel Blessed
Our little group has always been
And always will until the end

hello(x16)

(repeat chorous)

And I forget
Just what the taste
And yes I guess it makes me smile
I found it hard
It's hard to find
Oh well, whatever, nevermind

hello(x16)

(Repeat chorous)

I hope you appreciate the lyrics and the talk about music. Will you
still be offended if I keep posting?

Peace

P.S. Nirvana is evil.

Bret Young

Mar 13, 1992, 11:51:14 AM3/13/92
osi...@fe548.cc.purdue.edu (Matthew J. O'Sickey) writes:

> UNITE UNITE UNITE UNITE UNITE

> All for metal and metal for all,

> Time to drop our respective internecine flame wars and unite
> in a common front against close-minded biblethumpers. The
> only possible problem is if maple, doc, and suaron ever find
> themselves at the same anti-biblethumper rally...will the united
> cause be enough to keep them from assaulting each other :)

> azrael (back from spring break)

>--
>"You should have listened to what Christ had to say"--Savatage

I don't mean to specifically pick on this poster but there does seem to be
a contradiction in the body of the post and what he is trying to say with the
quote in the signature. I have seen many criticize the bible and Christianity
and have never read the bible or studied it's origins. Too often this comes
from the same people that complain about others that criticize ones musical
taste without really studying what it's all about. This, to me, is
close-minded. And so I agree with the quote. Look and see what Christ has
to say. Pick up a bible and read it. Study it and find out for yourself what
it says. Find out how we got our bible. Do your own research before you
criticize too much. I am not saying that there are no close-minded Christians.
Just don't use that as an excuse for being close-minded yourself.

Again, I am not picking on this particular poster. I have no knowledge of
his background or what he has studied. My desire is to speak of a general
problem I see when people criticize others. His message was just the cataylst
that prompted me to post this.

--
Bret
* H. Bret Young * U.S.MAIL - *

the masses of humanity will allways have to suffer

Mar 16, 1992, 8:06:51 AM3/16/92
In article <8difnOC00...@andrew.cmu.edu>, jn...@andrew.cmu.edu (John Adam Nimpfer) writes:
> I recently found this appalling bboard, netnews.alt.rock-and-roll.metal,
> and I can safely say that I am utterly repulsed. Don't you people know

etc etc etc.....

this has to be a joke....

Michael Tan Berg

Mar 16, 1992, 5:40:06 PM3/16/92
Whether anyone wants to admit it, Metallica is the GREATEST METAL BAND IN THE
WORLD! For those of you that think that Metallica sold out (Maple), see them
in concert. I was at the Champaign Illinois concert and it was quite obvious
that they enjoyed what they were playing. They split the concert very evenly
and covered all their ablums including their latest. For those of you that
think Metallica sold out with their new ablum, tell me why they would play so
much of it at their concert. If they had sold out why would they play any of
it? Oh, another thing, I didn't see any little girls there to hear them play
the Unforgiven or Nothing Else Matters. Oh well, the REAL Metallica fans know
that Metallica is as good or better than they ever have been.

When a man lies he murders some part of the world.

TJK...@psuvm.psu.edu

Mar 16, 1992, 10:29:27 PM3/16/92
He wants to know why Metallica plays so much of their new album
in concert! I thought the answer was quite obvious myself. Because
they have to play what their new crowd likes to here. Truthfully
I think they should kick lars out of the band because he's the
influence that is causing Metallica to change for the worst the most.
If not then keep him from hanging out with Skid Row and G'n'R.

--time, time, i've so much time
Suaron

Brian S Blair

Mar 16, 1992, 11:32:19 PM3/16/92
In article <1992Mar16.2...@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
mtb4...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Michael Tan Berg) writes:
> Whether anyone wants to admit it, Metallica is the GREATEST METAL BAND
> IN THE WORLD! For those of you that think that Metallica sold out
> (Maple), see them in concert. I was at the Champaign Illinois concert
> and it was quite obvious that they enjoyed what they were playing. They
> split the concert very evenly
---------STUFF DELETED---------

I too saw them in Champaign, IL for the second time this tour (the first
was in Indianapolis, IN), and they kicked ASS. Everywhere I looked I saw
heads bobbing up and down, and nowhere in sight were little girls
screaming. The crowd was so "into it" that they almost drowned out James'
singing on several songs. IMHO, they improve every time they play. This
concert was better than the one I saw in Indy. I also saw them on the
Justice Tour, and they improved the second time I saw them.

People can say that they've sold out, but who cares. That is just
someone's opinion. The band even proves this by putting statements in
their tour book that put them down. The band has stated many times that
they do what they want, not what someone else wants. Many people say they
have sold out for this reason because they made a slower album. Maybe,
just Maybe they wanted to do that. Just because their style of playing
has changed over the years, doesn't mean that they have sold out. It
means that their musicianship is changing directions. I don't blame Lars
for wanting to do shorter songs. The longs ones on AJFA took a toll on
him during the concerts. (He's not superhuman)

I could ramble on and on about my opiniopns, but homework calls.

For all the loyal the fans out there who like the new album, I say
FUCK YA!
For the ones who think they've sold out, I say nothing.

BSB

sl...@cc.usu.edu

Mar 17, 1992, 12:13:03 PM3/17/92
> Whether anyone wants to admit it, Metallica is the GREATEST METAL BAND IN THE
> WORLD! For those of you that think that Metallica sold out (Maple), see them
> in concert. I was at the Champaign Illinois concert and it was quite obvious
> that they enjoyed what they were playing. They split the concert very evenly
> and covered all their ablums including their latest. For those of you that
> think Metallica sold out with their new ablum, tell me why they would play so
> much of it at their concert.

Well, to tell you the truth, I thought they played all they felt they
needed, in a block, then never touched it again. They had to play some
of their new stuff of course...being that their new stuff is what got them
to sell out 35,000 tickets for 5 nights in a row...

> If they had sold out why would they play any of
> it? Oh, another thing, I didn't see any little girls there to hear them play
> the Unforgiven or Nothing Else Matters.

Well, I don't think that you were looking in the right place then...
the concert looked like a fucking junior high basketball game...

> Oh well, the REAL Metallica fans know
> that Metallica is as good or better than they ever have been.

Hmmm...yeah, well, I'm a REAL Metallica fan and they are not as good as
they were 6 years ago!!!