B.C. Rich Guitars and their Value

JohnnyRoxx

Apr 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/17/98

I see some of you slam cool guitars. Well I am writing this so you
can be informed on what's up.

Here's what in my guitar collection and what they are worth. Also
a breif history on a few of em -

B.C. Rich guitars are no longer being made the way they used to be
made - they used to be hand made guitars that Bernie and his son Rico used to
make out of great wood. Gene Simmons is one of the biggest money makers in
Rock n Roll history and Gene himself is having new Bass Guitars made for the
current tour and used them last year - so if you slam these guitars you are
only making a fool out of yourself. If you just don't like B.C. Rich guitars
and prefer different ones that's understanable.

#1. B.C. Rich IronBird US neck through custom (Black), handmade, EMG
pickups made in 1985 - Street Value in MINT condition 1998 $2000

#2. B.C. Rich IronBird US (Red w/ EMG pickups) 1987 Value $1500

#3. B.C. Rich MockingBird 1979 Black w/ Duncan JB pickups value $2000

#4. B.C. Rich Gunslinger (Strat style) black, maple neck $1000

I used to have a (prototype) #015 B.C. Rich Warlock that was given to me by
Randy Piper from WASP - it was from 1984 or so and today would be worth over
$5000
wish I didn't rip that thing to shreds , but that's what happrens when you take
cool guitars out on the road. I loved that guitar......

JOHNNY ROXXŽ

Rob

Apr 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/18/98

made - they used to be hand made guitars that Bernie and his son Rico used to
>make out of great wood. Gene Simmons is one of the biggest money makers in
>Rock n Roll history and Gene himself is having new Bass Guitars made for the
>current tour and used them last year - so if you slam these guitars you are
>only making a fool out of yourself. If you just don't like B.C. Rich guitars
>and prefer different ones that's understanable.
>
>#1. B.C. Rich IronBird US neck through custom (Black), handmade, EMG
> pickups made in 1985 - Street Value in MINT condition 1998 $2000
>
>#2. B.C. Rich IronBird US (Red w/ EMG pickups) 1987 Value $1500
>
>#3. B.C. Rich MockingBird 1979 Black w/ Duncan JB pickups value $2000
>
>#4. B.C. Rich Gunslinger (Strat style) black, maple neck $1000
>
>I used to have a (prototype) #015 B.C. Rich Warlock that was given to me by
>Randy Piper from WASP - it was from 1984 or so and today would be worth over
>$5000 wish I didn't rip that thing to shreds , but that's what happrens when you take
>cool guitars out on the road. I loved that guitar......

You are insane!!!!! BC Rich guitars are not worth nearly what you claim them
to be. Bernie Rico sold the company years ago & most of the guitars you own
are post Bernie Rico models with street values far lower than what you claim.
The post Bernie guitars are also made with lower grade wood than the one's
Bernie made & also are not totally handmade, but utilize machines in most of
the building process, especially the neck, the routing & body contouring. I
was in a pawn shop last month & saw a yellow Gunslinger w/ JBs in great
condition for $400 (with an FAP case). I asked the guy why it was so low & he
said that no one likes 80s metal guitars anymore so he has to sell em for a
price that's realistic. You have to realize that just because a guitar is no
longer made, it doesn't mean that the price will jump up or maintain it's
original value. You can find Kramer Barettas & Pacers for $300-600 in stores &
classified adds everywhere. I saw a Jackson Soloist for $800 a few days ago
that was valued at $3000 in the late 80s. I myself prefer the
Jackson/Charvel/Kramer/ESP type of guitars, but now a days, you have to come
to the realization that a kid would rather play a Fender Mustang or a Gretch
than a shred type guitar. That is why the price of a Fender Mustang is higher
than an Ibanez RG model guitar, even though the RG is a far superior guitar in
EVERY sense. I'm glad that you love your BC Rich's, but you are very mistaken
about their real world street values....

jesusdiablo

Apr 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/18/98

>#1. B.C. Rich IronBird US neck through custom (Black), handmade, EMG
> pickups made in 1985 - Street Value in MINT condition 1998 $2000
>
>#2. B.C. Rich IronBird US (Red w/ EMG pickups) 1987 Value $1500
>
>#3. B.C. Rich MockingBird 1979 Black w/ Duncan JB pickups value $2000
>
>#4. B.C. Rich Gunslinger (Strat style) black, maple neck $1000
>
>I used to have a (prototype) #015 B.C. Rich Warlock that was given to me by
>Randy Piper from WASP - it was from 1984 or so and today would be worth
over
>$5000
>wish I didn't rip that thing to shreds , but that's what happrens when you
take
>cool guitars out on the road. I loved that guitar......

hey... maybe you could sell all of those... i hear they make GREAT
firewood... and buy a real guitar like a les paul....

god has spoken....

master_j

jesusdiablo

Apr 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/18/98

jesusdiablo

Apr 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/18/98

EUPHORIC1

Apr 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/19/98

>hey... maybe you could sell all of those... i hear they make GREAT
>firewood... and buy a real guitar like a les paul....

Les Pauls are awesome - but there were some cool BCs in the 80s

Rob

Apr 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/19/98

I was looking into buying a Les Paul Custom Special Model Ltd Edition Model &
quickly decided not to when I found the price tag was close to $5,000. No off
the rack production guitar is worth that kinda money. I've had 2 custom
guitars built for me by a local luthier & both of them combined cost less than
the Les Paul....

Thor

Jun 5, 2014, 4:57:03 PM6/5/14
On Saturday, April 18, 1998 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, jesusdiablo wrote:

> >#1. B.C. Rich IronBird US neck through custom (Black), handmade, EMG
> > pickups made in 1985 - Street Value in MINT condition 1998 $2000
> >
> >#2. B.C. Rich IronBird US (Red w/ EMG pickups) 1987 Value $1500
> >
> >#3. B.C. Rich MockingBird 1979 Black w/ Duncan JB pickups value $2000
> >
> >#4. B.C. Rich Gunslinger (Strat style) black, maple neck $1000
> >
> >I used to have a (prototype) #015 B.C. Rich Warlock that was given to me by
> >Randy Piper from WASP - it was from 1984 or so and today would be worth
> over
> >$5000
> >wish I didn't rip that thing to shreds , but that's what happrens when you
> take
> >cool guitars out on the road. I loved that guitar......
>

> hey... maybe you could sell all of those... i hear they make GREAT
> firewood... and buy a real guitar like a les paul....
>
> god has spoken....
>
> master_j

You're totally off your nut. Les Paul's are great if you can afford the custom shop editions. Other than that, it's a "me too" guitar. Anything that can be made just as well in Mexico isn't a great product to begin with. Every attempt to emulate BC Rich originals has produced crap, by comparison.

BC Rich used exotic woods you would have to pay double for a PRS to get at the time. Their guitars were used by the biggest bands in the 1980s...before people forgot chords, melody and technique. Everyone who picks up my Gunslinger is blown away by how easily she plays. The difference between my Les Paul and my Gunslinger is the difference between a Ford Escort and a Ferrari California.

I'll put it this way: In a quiet room I can't hear MYSELF play my old Les Paul. In a room with the TV on people can hear me as cleat as day, on an unplugged electric.

The Thunder God has spoken...

Handmade USA BC Riches are what Gibson's Custom Shop spends thousands trying to replicate right off the shelf.

in...@firstplace2go.com.au

May 14, 2015, 8:30:23 AM5/14/15
Was trying to find out the value of a BC Rich Kerry King Metal Master V2.

Came across one that looks in good nick for $200 Australian but I really have no idea about it?
If you know anything about turning s model could you let me know.

Regards Matt.

Steve Rossini

Jun 26, 2022, 9:02:19 PM6/26/22
I have a Black 1983 B.C. Rich Ironbird (SN - 38278) that I purchased brand new in Germany in late 93/early 94 time frame. it's all original with barely has a scratch on it. how much would it be worth?