Como Estais Amigos

Mathias Karlsson

Mar 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/27/98

My spanish is a bit 'weak'. What does it mean?

vh MK

Sir Galahad

Mar 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/27/98

Roughly it translates to "How are you, my friends?"

although I still think they conjugated(sp) the verb Estar wrong in the
title

Sir G - For Life
http://www.primenet.com/~srgalhad

Mathias Karlsson <md7k...@md.chalmers.se.chalmers.se> wrote in article
<6fggat$l3a$1...@nyheter.chalmers.se>...

Pmerrill

Mar 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/27/98

srgalhad@ohyoudidn'tknow.com wrote:

>Roughly it translates to "How are you, my friends?"
>
>although I still think they conjugated(sp) the verb Estar wrong in the
>title
>
>Sir G - For Life

There is a conjugation estais, used only in Mexico. It is the informal plural.
When I took Spanish in high school and college, that conjugation was mentioned
in passing, but largely ignored.

Pat

Jenny & Alfredo

Mar 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/27/98

Actually, this conjugation is used in Spain, not Mexico. It is the
"Vosotros" form (meaning "you" plural). I teach Spanish in High School.

Pmerrill wrote in message
<199803272020...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

Jason

Mar 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/27/98

Jenny & Alfredo wrote:

> Actually, this conjugation is used in Spain, not Mexico. It is the
> "Vosotros" form (meaning "you" plural). I teach Spanish in High School.

Anybody know what the backround to this song is? Is it influenced
by some historical event?

Pmerrill

Mar 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/28/98

>>There is a conjugation estais, used only in Mexico. It is the informal
>plural.
>> When I took Spanish in high school and college, that conjugation was
>mentioned
>>in passing, but largely ignored.

>Actually, this conjugation is used in Spain, not Mexico. It is the
>"Vosotros" form (meaning "you" plural). I teach Spanish in High >School.

OK, I assume you are right, I knew it was one or the other, but wasn't quite
sure which, so I took a stab at it! Thanks for clearing it up, (it was
actually kinda bugging me tonight at work, whether or not I had that right!)

Pat

Puppetmaster

Mar 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/28/98

At least what they told to the Finnish media was that when they were to some
south American country on the last tour (don't remember what country), Blaze
had a chance to see those people, and when he noticed how nice and kind they
were, he wondered how anyone could make war with those people. That's how he
said he got an inspiration to that song.

Jason wrote in message <351B92...@pacbell.net>...

>Jenny & Alfredo wrote:
>>
>> Actually, this conjugation is used in Spain, not Mexico. It is the
>> "Vosotros" form (meaning "you" plural). I teach Spanish in High School.

Caramon Majere

Mar 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/28/98

> Anybody know what the backround to this song is? Is it influenced
> by some historical event?

It's about the Faulklands War. (You know, south of Argentina).

--
Caramon Majere

Edge of Darkness

Mar 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/28/98

> > Anybody know what the backround to this song is? Is it influenced
> >by some historical event?

If I remember rightly, Blaze visited a memorial for people that died in the
Falklands War. On the memorial it said 'Como Estais Amigos' and the words
stuck in his head. When it came to writing the songs he got together with
Janick and the words just suited the music (or music suited the words -
can't remember which).

Tore Aursand

Mar 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/28/98

Caramon Majere <gro...@online.no> wrote:
>> Anybody know what the backround to this song is? Is it influenced
>> by some historical event?

> It's about the Faulklands War. (You know, south of Argentina).

Really? I thought it was about the spanish war (ie. England vs.
Spain for a loooong time ago). Why else should they use the
spanish sentence "Como Estais Amigos"?

Anyway; The song is pretty cool. Much better than Wasted Years
and Afraid To Shoot Strangers, IMHO.

--
Tore Aursand http://home.sol.no/~toreau/ tor...@sn.no
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for

Geir Danielsen

Mar 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/28/98

Sir Galahad wrote 27-Mar-98 the following:

>Roughly it translates to "How are you, my friends?"

"My *male* friends"!

It is a John Wayne type of romantic hero song. I think it will be
the Game Over music for Ed Hunter.

--
Geir Danielsen (geid...@online.no) 28-Mar-98 00:07:29
- "Not Putting. Not mading. A nowing. World is. World was. World

Morthond

Mar 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/29/98

Mathias Karlsson <md7k...@md.chalmers.se.chalmers.se> kirjoitti
artikkelissa <6fggat$l3a$1...@nyheter.chalmers.se>...

> My spanish is a bit 'weak'. What does it mean?

I've been told it means "How are you, friends?" Not my Spanish, that, so
don't blame me!

--
Morthond

EagleMan

Mar 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/29/98

It is not Spanish it is PORTUGUESE

Carlos Juarez

Mar 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/29/98

> It is not Spanish it is PORTUGUESE

ITS spanish , fool. The song is dedicated to the victims of the war in the
malvinas.

--
Kop...@yahoo.com

Tommi Tervapuro

Mar 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/29/98

Mathias Karlsson wrote:

> My spanish is a bit 'weak'. What does it mean?
>

> vh MK

it means "how are you friends?" or something like that...

Caramon Majere

Mar 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/29/98
to Carlos Juarez

Carlos Juarez wrote:

Hello, stupid. Steve Harris himself said that "Como Estais Amigos", I quote:
"is a beautiful song that Janick and Blaze wrote about the Falklands war."

So, if the master himself says that, it's true.

Up The Irons!

--
Caramon Majere

Eddie

Mar 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/29/98

Morthond wrote in message <01bd5aef$4cc67500$LocalHost@pentti>...

>Mathias Karlsson <md7k...@md.chalmers.se.chalmers.se> kirjoitti
>artikkelissa <6fggat$l3a$1...@nyheter.chalmers.se>...

>> My spanish is a bit 'weak'. What does it mean?
>>

>I've been told it means "How are you, friends?" Not my Spanish, that, so
>don't blame me!
>
>--
>Morthond
>--
>"Et in Arcadia ego ///"

Of course it's PORTUGUESE. Do you still belive como estais amigos it's
Spanish??????

IT'S PORTUGUESE
IT'S PORTUGUESE

IT'S PORTUGUESE
IT'S PORTUGUESE
IT'S PORTUGUESE
IT'S PORTUGUESE
IT'S PORTUGUESE

Eddie

maniac

Mar 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/29/98

Ok... someone said it's portuguese, so if that guy is reading, DON'T
FUCKING YELL AT ME.

it looks spansih.
if it is spanish, it means "how are you friends" and i think it should
have an accent over the "i" in estais.

if it is spanish, then the first line of the song is grammatically
incorrect. the line is "como esta amigo"... which is formal. yet the
title is informal ("estais" is the vosotros conjugation.) formally, you
should say "como esta Ud." (how are you sir). So if it's spanish, it's
wrong, and it should be "como estas amigo" with an accent over the "a"
in estas.

5 years of honors spanish and what good does it do me? i get to
understand a maiden song. yaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

-maniac

Tommi Tervapuro wrote:

> Mathias Karlsson wrote:
>
> > My spanish is a bit 'weak'. What does it mean?

Luis M. Diaz

Mar 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/30/98

Geir Danielsen <geid...@online.no> wrote:
: Sir Galahad wrote 27-Mar-98 the following:

:>Roughly it translates to "How are you, my friends?"

: "My *male* friends"!

It translate "How are you, my friends?"
but it doesn't imply "male" necessarily.
Male genus is used when both male and female people are involved in the
sentence.
Amigas = only female friends.
Amigos = a) only male friends.
b) male and female friends.

Luis from Spain.

Geir Danielsen

Mar 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/30/98

Luis M. Diaz wrote 30-Mar-98 the following:

>Luis from Spain.

My mistake. Sorry.

--
Geir Danielsen (geid...@online.no) 30-Mar-98 21:45:31
"Come Judgement Day, we may find that Mumbo Jumbo the God of the

Pete Johns

Mar 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/31/98

I haven't studied / spoken Spanish for over five years noow, but maybe
somebody could tell me if I'm right: In the first line of Como Estais
Amigos (without upside-down question marks, accents or indeed question
marks) it says "Como esta amigo". Should this not be "Como estas amigo"?
Just a thought!

Johnsy
--
______________________________________
|^^^^^^| / \
| | | Pete Johns |
| | | Email: Joh...@cheerful.com |
| (.)(.) o | Web: http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~pyj |
@ _) o \ /
| ,___| o ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| /
/____\

Pmerrill

Mar 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/31/98

Pete Johns <Joh...@cheerful.com> wrote:

>I haven't studied / spoken Spanish for over five years noow, but maybe
>somebody could tell me if I'm right: In the first line of Como Estais
>Amigos (without upside-down question marks, accents or indeed question
>marks) it says "Como esta amigo". Should this not be "Como estas amigo"?
>Just a thought!

It could go either way. "Estas" would indicate a familiarity. "Esta" would
indicate a formality, i.e. the speaker has only recently met the individual to
whom he is speaking.

Having said that, I think the very first line of the song is inappropriate,
given the plurality of the title (estais, employing the rarely used vosotros
conjugation) , versus the singularity of that first line.

It's still a good song, however.

Pat

MEGA

Mar 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/31/98

Caramon Majere escribió:

> > Anybody know what the backround to this song is? Is it influenced
> > by some historical event?
>
> It's about the Faulklands War. (You know, south of Argentina).
>

> --
> Caramon Majere

Where is your weak brother, Caramon? ;)))

Regards

--
"That is not dead Which can eternal lie
Yet with strange aeons Even death may die"

MEGA

Mar 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/31/98

Pmerrill escribió:

> srgalhad@ohyoudidn'tknow.com wrote:
>
> >Roughly it translates to "How are you, my friends?"
> >

> >although I still think they conjugated(sp) the verb Estar wrong in the
> >title

Nope, is it quite right, but i must confess it sound "strange" even for me, itis
much more a Mexican form than a Spanish form (you should not
understand me, but trust on me that it "sounds" mexican; a spanish
singer never would tell you Como Estais Amigos?... dont know
its my impression...

> There is a conjugation estais, used only in Mexico. It is the informal plural.

Nope, Estais is perfectly said in Spanish, but it seems "mexicanized", becausethey
used a lot... It is not common to tell you all "informal" sentences if
i dont know you. But in emglish there are other mechanisms to express this
kind of "formalism/informalism"...

Regards
MEGA

Jenny & Alfredo

Mar 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/31/98

"Estais" is a form of the verb "Estar" (meaning "to be), in the 2nd person
plural "vosotros" form, which is used in SPAIN, not Mexico.

The most commonly used form of the 2nd person plural in countries other than
Spain is "ustedes". Had this form been used, the title of the song would
have been "Como estaN amigos?"

I'm a native Spanish speaker and teach Spanish High School for a living. If
you have any questions, please post, or let me know.

Caramon Majere

Mar 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/31/98
to jlo...@*remove_when_replying*cronos.est.cie.uva.es

MEGA wrote:

> Caramon Majere escribió:
>
> > > Anybody know what the backround to this song is? Is it influenced
> > > by some historical event?
> >
> > It's about the Faulklands War. (You know, south of Argentina).
> >
> > --
> > Caramon Majere
>
> Where is your weak brother, Caramon? ;)))

He's caught in The Abyss.

--
Caramon Majere

Caramon Majere

Mar 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/31/98
to jlo...@*remove_when_replying*cronos.est.cie.uva.es

MEGA

Mar 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/31/98

Jenny & Alfredo escribió:

> Actually, this conjugation is used in Spain, not Mexico. It is the
> "Vosotros" form (meaning "you" plural). I teach Spanish in High School.

As i stated on the other message, its a "use" question. The fact is that
in Mexico is spoken Spanish too... It is not "any other kind" of Spansh
nor any other lenguaje, Its Spanish, but Mexican people speaks other
way... dont know how to explain... Think on American people speaking
english... it is said they speak quite "rough" english, rather than "fine"
english people :))). I must supose it is the same Mexican/Spain.
But dont be confused with his... It not a Mexican problem, but a Argentina,
Venezuela, Peru and all south-american countries... they all speak the
same "odd" way.
And i would dare to say that "como estais amigos" is much more "mexica"
way than "spanish" way...
But, a hint:
Here in Spain I HAVE NOT SEEN YET "virtual", so i dont know if como...
has ż? on it... Has only closing ?... or has it opening ż...
Is żComo Estais Amigos?... not Como Estais Amigos?... as an english
should say... How it goes in the lyrics???

Refards
MEGA

Jorge Adriano B. Aires

Apr 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/1/98

Carlos Juarez (kop...@yahoo.com) wrote:
: > It is not Spanish it is PORTUGUESE

: ITS spanish , fool. The song is dedicated to the victims of the war in the
: malvinas.

Ok... just one thing... I know the title is correctly written in both
Spanish and Portuguese... and I beleave it is suposed to be spanish...
But the first line of the song is:

Como esta amigo...

Is it correct spanish? (couse it is correct Portuguese)
Shouldn't it be ' como estas amigo' in spanish...

I'm not saying that they wanted to write it in portuguese ... just that it
might be a mistake or something...
Anyway I don't know much spanish so I'd like someone to answer me...

Morthond

Apr 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/1/98

> > Where is your weak brother, Caramon? ;)))
> >

> He's caught in The Abyss.

Tell Takhisis I said hi. It always helps to be on the good side of the
gods. I hope they took your brother off the wall already.

Jorge Adriano B. Aires

Apr 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/2/98

maniac (man...@netreach.net) wrote:
: Ok... someone said it's portuguese, so if that guy is reading, DON'T
: FUCKING YELL AT ME.

: it looks spansih.
: if it is spanish, it means "how are you friends" and i think it should
: have an accent over the "i" in estais.

It means the same in portuguese

: if it is spanish, then the first line of the song is grammatically

: incorrect. the line is "como esta amigo"... which is formal. yet the
: title is informal ("estais" is the vosotros conjugation.) formally, you
: should say "como esta Ud." (how are you sir). So if it's spanish, it's
: wrong, and it should be "como estas amigo" with an accent over the "a"
: in estas.

That's what I've been trying to say all the time...
And "como estas amigo" is correctly written in portuguese...
(I'm not yelling ;) )

But there is a simple way to solve it out...
What language do they speak in Flaklands...?????
(Wherever there is!!!!)

Jorge Adriano

Morthond

Apr 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/2/98

> > > He's caught in The Abyss.
> >
> > Tell Takhisis I said hi. It always helps to be on the good side of the
> > gods. I hope they took your brother off the wall already.
> >
> Don't Look to the Hourglass Eyes.....

Time will go...and I will follow...

Come to think of it, the Abyss would probably be quite an interesting
place...

MEGA

Apr 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/4/98

Jenny & Alfredo escribió:

> "Estais" is a form of the verb "Estar" (meaning "to be), in the 2nd person
> plural "vosotros" form, which is used in SPAIN, not Mexico.
>
> The most commonly used form of the 2nd person plural in countries other than
> Spain is "ustedes". Had this form been used, the title of the song would
> have been "Como estaN amigos?"
>
> I'm a native Spanish speaker and teach Spanish High School for a living. If
> you have any questions, please post, or let me know.

Sorry for non-spanish-speakers for the following, ok?

Primero. Estamos de acuerdo con que "Estais" es segunda persona del plural
de "Estar", y no creo que haga falta ser profesor de nada para ello. Eso no lo
discuto. Lo que si discuto es que ese carente formalismo inherente a la palabra
"Estais", en españa no se usa, y es mas bien un mexicanizacion. A un español,
en mi opinion, en un concierto (o en un titulo de cancion en su defecto), nunca
le oirias decir "Como estais, amigos", si no "Como Estais" simplemente , el
amigos queda redundante. Si no, seria "Amigos Mios..." o algo parecido. A mi
me parece mucho mas propio de los modos de hablar que tiene la gente
suramericana, que utilizan mas o menos formalismos (depende). ¿Jamas escuchastes

a Rosendo, p.e., que siempre dijo en sus conciertos ¿Que tal estan ustedes?...
e incluso los payasos de la tele usaban este tipo de informalismos. La frase
en cuestion es demasiado directa e informal como para que un español la suelte
por mucho publico fan que tenga delante. A mi me parece, y creo que se comento
por ahi que no era de origen español, sino suramericano, que la frase es de
origen
suramericano... Y yo tambien debo ser nativo español... :))) o eso creia hasta
ahora :))

Saludos

BEST REGARDS
MEGA

> >Nope, is it quite right, but i must confess it sound "strange" even for me,
> itis
> >much more a Mexican form than a Spanish form (you should not
> >understand me, but trust on me that it "sounds" mexican; a spanish
> >singer never would tell you Como Estais Amigos?... dont know
> >its my impression...
> >
> >> There is a conjugation estais, used only in Mexico. It is the informal
> plural.
> >
> >Nope, Estais is perfectly said in Spanish, but it seems "mexicanized",
> becausethey
> >used a lot... It is not common to tell you all "informal" sentences if
> >i dont know you. But in emglish there are other mechanisms to express this
> >kind of "formalism/informalism"...
> >
> >Regards

Karl Czarny

Apr 5, 1998, 4:00:00 AM4/5/98

: > > > > Where is your weak brother, Caramon? ;)))

Weak??? This guy challanged the goddess of darkness herself!

: > > > He's caught in The Abyss.

not any more :) ...

: > > Tell Takhisis I said hi. It always helps to be on the good side of the

: > > gods. I hope they took your brother off the wall already.

Didn't you people read Dragons of Summer Flame?

: > Don't Look to the Hourglass Eyes.....

I had a thought, if Raistlin was turned upside down, would time
reverse itself?
--
|> "Soon comes the day all shall be free|>|<| Karl V. A. Czarny <||||
||> Even you and even me. Soon comes the|>|<|----------------------<<|||

Jenny & Alfredo

Apr 5, 1998, 4:00:00 AM4/5/98

MEGA,
Entonces tenes toda la razon...

Guillem Carmichael Monros

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

In article <6fmbd7$hd$1...@duke.telepac.pt>,

"Eddie" <eddie...@forpresident.com> wrote:
>IT'S PORTUGUESE
>IT'S PORTUGUESE

Hope you're just joking. IT'S SPANISH. (AND THE GRAMMAR IS PERFECTLY OK)

Pedro Silvino

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

"Como Estais Amigos" It愀 f... Portuguese.
Other relations of IM with Portugal: Steve have a summer house, a Pub and
some friends in Portugal; some of the names in the "thanks section" of VXI
are Portuguese names like: Manu da Silva (Steve) and Beatriz Pacheco
(Blaze).

Up the irons.

Guillem Carmichael Monros <guic...@inf.upv.es> wrote in article
<6gcm0n$g...@maia.cc.upv.es>...

Jenny & Alfredo

Apr 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/9/98

Wait a minute, more than Spanish... It's Mexican! (Since they started using
"vosotros" in Mexico about a week ago, according to MEGA) : )

Guillem Carmichael wrote in message <352D63...@inf.upv.es>...
>Pedro Silvino wrote:
>>
>> "Como Estais Amigos" It´s f... Portuguese.
>
>Well...it sounds SPANISH. It's grammatically correct according to
>spanish rules AND sound like spanish in the actual song (as it is
>sung...I mean). It doesn't sound at all like portuguese.
>I still think it's Spanish.
>
>And...by the way...why have you decided "Beatriz Pacheco" (in the
>"thanks section") is Portuguese?

Guillem Carmichael

Apr 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/10/98

MEGA

Apr 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/12/98

Pedro Silvino escribió:

> "Como Estais Amigos" It´s f... Portuguese.

> Other relations of IM with Portugal: Steve have a summer house, a Pub and
> some friends in Portugal; some of the names in the "thanks section" of VXI
> are Portuguese names like: Manu da Silva (Steve) and Beatriz Pacheco
> (Blaze).

Ops!, you almost get to fool us!, but there is only one main problem:
STEVE HARRIS DIDNT COMPOSE "COMO ESTAIS AMIGOS",
so no steve-portuguese relationship because its a Gers/Bayley song.

And second hint: I have realisez too the gratz section:
Beatriz Pacheco: Blaze (the composer)... Pacheco is a tipical mexican
surname... So thats all the damned thing: Como estais amigos its spanish,
but mexicanized because it had mexican influences (Beatriz Pacheco,
obviously ;)))

Second Hint: Beatriz Pacheco is also a tipical spanish name, so there
are some doubts on here.

But til Blaze himself telling the truth, we should wonder all such matters...

Regards
MEGA

WRATHCHILD

Apr 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/14/98

It's Spanish. I'M SPANISH!

--
Ramón Menéndez Covelo
_____________

Guillem Carmichael <guic...@inf.upv.es> escribió en artículo

<352D63...@inf.upv.es>...
> Pedro Silvino wrote:
> >

> > "Como Estais Amigos" It´s f... Portuguese.

Henrique Manuel Craveiro

Apr 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/16/98
to WRATHCHILD

Yeah!!! It's Spanish!!! I'm Portuguese and I can distinguish between
Spanish and Portuguese sentences!!!

Henrique Manuel Craveiro (hm...@camoes.rnl.ist.utl.pt)|(l42...@alfa.ist.utl.pt)
Instituto Superior Tecnico (http://www.ist.utl.pt)
Av.Duque De Avila, No.69, 3o.Esq, Lisboa

Hammer

Apr 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/16/98

Guillem Carmichael wrote in message <352D63...@inf.upv.es>...

>Pedro Silvino wrote:
>>
>> "Como Estais Amigos" It´s f... Portuguese.
>
>Well...it sounds SPANISH. It's grammatically correct according to
>spanish rules AND sound like spanish in the actual song (as it is
>sung...I mean). It doesn't sound at all like portuguese.
>I still think it's Spanish.
>
>And...by the way...why have you decided "Beatriz Pacheco" (in the
>"thanks section") is Portuguese?

Hammer Wrote:

The Portuguese and the Spanish language are very similar in certain aspects,
some words are equal, so, the next phrase "Como Estais Amigos" could be used
in both language.
I'm Portuguese, and I have to say that the verb "Estais" isn't used very
often, so it should be probably Spanish!
If this were in Portuguese it should be "Como Estão Amigos"...saw the
diference?
"Beatriz Pacheco" (in the"thanks section) is a Portuguese name!!!

Hammer
"You can turn any battle into a chess game.
Just move the pieces the right way and you'll win."

Nicolas Dehaine

Apr 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/17/98

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998 10:00:47 +0100, Henrique Manuel Craveiro
<hm...@camoes.rnl.ist.utl.pt> wrote:

>Yeah!!! It's Spanish!!! I'm Portuguese and I can distinguish between
>Spanish and Portuguese sentences!!!
>
>Henrique Manuel Craveiro (hm...@camoes.rnl.ist.utl.pt)|(l42...@alfa.ist.utl.pt)
>Instituto Superior Tecnico (http://www.ist.utl.pt)
>Av.Duque De Avila, No.69, 3o.Esq, Lisboa
>On 14 Apr 1998, WRATHCHILD wrote:

According to Steve in an interview printed in a french mag this month,
this is BOTH spanish and portuguese :
- Steve would pronounce it the portuguese way
- This is spanish to Blaze

Nicolas Dehaine - NOTB Team (Iron Maiden fanzine)
http://wwww.mygale.org/~notb

MEGA

Apr 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/19/98

Nicolas Dehaine escribió:

> On Thu, 16 Apr 1998 10:00:47 +0100, Henrique Manuel Craveiro
> <hm...@camoes.rnl.ist.utl.pt> wrote:
>
> >Yeah!!! It's Spanish!!! I'm Portuguese and I can distinguish between
> >Spanish and Portuguese sentences!!!
> >
> >Henrique Manuel Craveiro (hm...@camoes.rnl.ist.utl.pt)|(l42...@alfa.ist.utl.pt)
> >Instituto Superior Tecnico (http://www.ist.utl.pt)
> >Av.Duque De Avila, No.69, 3o.Esq, Lisboa
> >On 14 Apr 1998, WRATHCHILD wrote:
> >

> According to Steve in an interview printed in a french mag this month,
> this is BOTH spanish and portuguese :
> - Steve would pronounce it the portuguese way
> - This is spanish to Blaze

So it is clearly Spanish :)
BECAUSE THE COMPOSER IS BAYLEY (Along with Gers, of course)
AND NOT HARRIS, I DONT MIND WHAT THE HELL COULD HARRIS
TELL 'BOUT IT:
IF BAYLEY TELLS IT IS SPANISH; IT IS SPANISH (BECAUSE IT IS
HIS SONG), AND THERE IS NO POINT TO DISCUSS HERE!!!!

Flamed Regards
MEGA
--
"Woe to you, On Earth and Sea, for the devil sends the beast with wrath,
because he knows the time is short...

undead...@msn.com

Mar 13, 2018, 2:13:47 PM3/13/18
Em sexta-feira, 27 de março de 1998 08:00:00 UTC, Mathias Karlsson escreveu:
> My spanish is a bit 'weak'. What does it mean?
>
> vh MK

Como estas amigos is portuguese ! hes talking to more than one person, so its portuguese!

Present verb in portuguese:

eu estou
tu estás
ele/ela está
nós estamos
vós (estais) .............
eles/elas estão

undead...@msn.com

Mar 13, 2018, 2:14:39 PM3/13/18
Em sexta-feira, 27 de março de 1998 08:00:00 UTC, Mathias Karlsson escreveu:
> My spanish is a bit 'weak'. What does it mean?

Como estais amigos is Portuguese !

Present portuguese verb :

undead...@msn.com

Mar 13, 2018, 2:34:33 PM3/13/18
Como Estais Amigos is Portuguese !
fuckin morons

undead...@msn.com

Mar 13, 2018, 2:35:34 PM3/13/18
Em domingo, 29 de março de 1998 09:00:00 UTC+1, Carlos Juarez escreveu:
> > It is not Spanish it is PORTUGUESE
>
> ITS spanish , fool. The song is dedicated to the victims of the war in the
> malvinas.
>

> --
> Kop...@yahoo.com

Very true !! Como Estais Amigos is Portuguese without a doubt!