Aces High rip off

quorthon

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99

I recently got Iron Savior's Unification(nothing special, sounds exactly
like the first cd) and on the song Deadly Sleep Kai totally rips off Aces
High when he starts singing. How could he not notice this?Or does he care?

A couple of other rip offs I've noticed are: On the new Battlezone cd(which
sucks) , the middle of one song completely rips off Priest's Rapid Fire.
There's a guitar solo on In Flames Whoracle that is note for note the
same solo as a song on Arch Enemy's Black Earth cd.
A song on Sentenced's Amok cd is a direct copy of Bathory's Under The
Runes. Just different lyrics.
Good thing bands don't listen to each others music or there would be
lawsuits flying around.
--
"Jesus didn't die for me, Jesus Died" -Immolation

bugo

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99

quorthon wrote:

> I recently got Iron Savior's Unification(nothing special, sounds exactly
> like the first cd) and on the song Deadly Sleep Kai totally rips off Aces
> High when he starts singing. How could he not notice this?Or does he care?

I don't see it.

Igor Bratic

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99
> A couple of other rip offs I've noticed are: On the new Battlezone cd(which
> sucks) , the middle of one song completely rips off Priest's Rapid Fire.
> There's a guitar solo on In Flames Whoracle that is note for note the
> same solo as a song on Arch Enemy's Black Earth cd.
> A song on Sentenced's Amok cd is a direct copy of Bathory's Under The
> Runes. Just different lyrics.
> Good thing bands don't listen to each others music or there would be
> lawsuits flying around.

Be Quick or Be Dead sounds a bit too much like Rainbow's Light in Black.
--
Igor

All eyes see the figure of the wizard
As he climbs to the top of the world
No sound, as he falls instead of rising
Time standing still, then there's blood on the sand

NCode(0.1)N:3:L- E: a5-b11-v3-d2 F:Bl:oO3:mLCXx
D:Wi:oO5:mDg O:n+a++g-|m-c+k-e+++
P:a16:h++:eB+g:oBr+|-:t---:*Ta:gY+
http://amn.virtualave.net/nirvcode.txt

Erol Oksuz

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99
On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, quorthon wrote:

> I recently got Iron Savior's Unification(nothing special, sounds exactly
> like the first cd) and on the song Deadly Sleep Kai totally rips off Aces
> High when he starts singing. How could he not notice this?Or does he care?
>
> A couple of other rip offs I've noticed are: On the new Battlezone cd(which
> sucks) , the middle of one song completely rips off Priest's Rapid Fire.

Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that! Both the Maiden and
Priest rips! That album's okay... not that great though. It's the only
thing I've hear of Iron Savior, but I've heard a bit of other Kai
stuff, this was definitely the most plain.

Is it me or does it seem like Kai is just about every where in
European metal? Forget six degrees of Kevin Bacon, it's six Degrees of Kai!
---
Erol Oksuz

mail: e.o...@wayne.edu

Lionheart

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99
quorthon wrote:
>I recently got Iron Savior's Unification(nothing
>special, sounds exactly like the first cd) and on
>the song Deadly Sleep Kai totally rips off Aces
>High when he starts singing. How could he not
>notice this?Or does he care?

A little bit of a rip-off perhaps, although I'm sure he doesn't care and
probably did it on purpose. I too was not overly impressed with
Unification, although it wasn't bad. I'd say Powerplant and Unification
as a whole were minor disappointments this year. A couple of good
songs, but nothing that really stood out.

>  A couple of other rip offs I've noticed are: On
>the new Battlezone cd(which sucks) , the
>middle of one song completely rips off Priest's
>Rapid Fire.

When I first heard Feel My Pain I more or less though that it 'sucked',
but after several listens in the course of a few weeks after getting it
I thought it was pretty decent. No, it's nowhere near the 80's releases,
but it was much better than Killers' Menace To Society. Paul sounds
good (better than with Dennis on the Iron Man albums) and the band is
very good especially with John Wiggins on guitar, but the sound of the
snare drum on this album is horrible. Notwithstanding I really like the
songs Smack, The Forgotten Ones, and the thrashy Push and Snake Eyes.
Overall, I gave it a 6.5 out of 10.
As for the Priest rip-off, which song was it that you noticed that on?

James

NP: DC Cooper-No More Wasted Time (Disc 2)

EgonSp...@webtv.net

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99

quorthon

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99
It's plain as day.

--

bugo <bu...@hotmail.comTEXAS> wrote in message

> quorthon wrote:
> >
> > I recently got Iron Savior's Unification(nothing special, sounds
exactly
> > like the first cd) and on the song Deadly Sleep Kai totally rips off
Aces
> > High when he starts singing. How could he not notice this?Or does he
care?

Shiflet

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99

Erol Oksuz wrote in message ...

>Is it me or does it seem like Kai is just about every where in
>European metal?

Yep, he is. Maybe because his band(Helloween, that is) was one of the first
that could be considered power metal, at least that's my theory.

> Forget six degrees of Kevin Bacon, it's six Degrees of Kai!

Indeed. He has been worked at various times with Helloween, Gamma Ray, Iron
Savior, Primal Fear, HammerFall, Blind Guardian, Udo, and who knows who
else. He's also supposed to be working on some sort of side project with
Edguy, that could be impressive. Of course, Hansi Kursh gets around almost
as much...

NP:Freedom Call-Stairway to Fairyland

Danny Shiflet
"You, don't have to wait, I'll be too late,
When you meet to jump off the edge.
I'm not like you and I don't wanna be,
Follow the times to a place you can't see
Don't call in doubt what the fashion may bring
and you'll be...falling down!"-Edguy, Falling Down

quorthon

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99
Before the chorus in Victim it sounds like Rapid Fire.
I thought that Menace To Society was far better than Feel My Pain. I prefer
the first 2 Battlezone cd's though, and of course the Almost flawless Murder
One.
I don't like a single song off Feel My Pain and Paul's voice sounds
awful.Can't hit those high notes with any power(like on Murder One).

--
Lionheart <lionh...@webtv.net> wrote in message

quorthon wrote:
>I recently got Iron Savior's Unification(nothing
>special, sounds exactly like the first cd) and on
>the song Deadly Sleep Kai totally rips off Aces
>High when he starts singing. How could he not
>notice this?Or does he care?

A little bit of a rip-off perhaps, although I'm sure he doesn't care and

Lionheart

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99
quorthon wrote:
>Before the chorus in Victim it sounds like Rapid
>Fire. I thought that Menace To Society was far
>better than Feel My Pain.

I don't really care for Victims hence I usually skip it which is why I
didn't recognize the rip-off. I also thought the redo of Children Of
Madness '98 was completely butchered. As for Menace To Society, I only
like Conscience (which is the only song that resembles anything from
Murder One, strangely enough was one of the only songs left off of
Killers Live And Rare) and Past Due and Three Words aren't as bad as the
others, overall though I thought this was very disappointing.

>I prefer the first 2 Battlezone cd's though, and of
>course the Almost flawless Murder One.

Yes, Murder One was an absolute gem. Other than rehashing Remember
Tomorrow again, that disc is just about perfect, one of my favorites of
the 90's.

>  I don't like a single song off Feel My Pain and
>Paul's voice sounds awful.Can't hit those high
>notes with any power(like on Murder One).

You need to re-listen to the last minute of Forgotten Ones when he belts
out "Reecheeeein Out" which I think sounds just awesome. Granted he
doesn't do that very often on the album, but I thought he sounded better
on here than on the previous couple he did. You are right about him
having the most power with Murder One though.

James

NP: Pretty Maids - Future World

Geir Danielsen

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99
On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 16:26:50 -0500, Erol Oksuz <aa9...@wayne.edu>
wrote:

>Is it me or does it seem like Kai is just about every where in
>European metal? Forget six degrees of Kevin Bacon, it's six Degrees of Kai!

Depends on what you consider European metal. He is not in English
metal. He is not in Scandinavian metal and other black metal.

--
Geir Danielsen

C. M. Johnson

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99
>Subject: Re: Aces High rip off
>From: "Shiflet" rshi...@ix.netcom.com
>Date: Tue, 30 November 1999 01:26 AM EST

>Erol Oksuz wrote in message ...
>
>>Is it me or does it seem like Kai is just about every where in
>>European metal?
>
>Yep, he is. Maybe because his band(Helloween, that is) was one of the first
>that could be considered power metal, at least that's my theory.
>
>> Forget six degrees of Kevin Bacon, it's six Degrees of Kai!
>

>Indeed. He has been worked at various times with Helloween, Gamma Ray, Iron
>Savior, Primal Fear, HammerFall, Blind Guardian, Udo, and who knows who
>else.

Add Angra to that list. Maybe Heaven's Gate as well. I can't remeber whether
he did some work on a Heaven's Gate albume or not. I'll have to look it up
when I get the time.

>He's also supposed to be working on some sort of side project with
>Edguy, that could be impressive. Of course, Hansi Kursh gets around almost
>as much...

Hansi, IMHO, has made quite a lesser impact than Kai has on their respective
additions to other bands material. And speaking of the joining of band
members, I just got the album Sinergy - Beware the Heavens (a union of the
guitarist/vocalist of Children of Bodom and Jesper - guitarist of In Flames)
today. It's pretty good. Typical melodies and riffs that you'd expect from
those guys. The only difference from their primary bands music is the
juxtaposition of female operatic vocals with the doom vocals.

NP: Sinergy - Beware the Heavens

>> ---
>>Erol Oksuz
>>
>>mail: e.o...@wayne.edu
>

>NP:Freedom Call-Stairway to Fairyland
>
>Danny Shiflet
>"You, don't have to wait, I'll be too late,
>When you meet to jump off the edge.
>I'm not like you and I don't wanna be,
>Follow the times to a place you can't see
>Don't call in doubt what the fashion may bring
>and you'll be...falling down!"-Edguy, Falling Down>

"The firestorm will rage on the day of the falling
Armageddon's near it's the end of the genesis
Dying by the flood, no way back, no recalling
The malice and the pride is the death and the fall of man"
- Rolf Kasparek (Running Wild)

Shiflet

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99

Aeon wrote in message <19991130190543...@ng-fc1.aol.com>...

>>Be Quick or Be Dead sounds a bit too much like Rainbow's Light in Black.
>
>I never noticed that. A few songs on Mercyful fate's Melissa seemed to be
rips
>(the riffs anyway) of a few other songs, but I didn't have time to place
them.

I'd be pretty curious as to hear which ones you're referring to...

>Aeon

Aeon

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99

>Be Quick or Be Dead sounds a bit too much like Rainbow's Light in Black.

I never noticed that. A few songs on Mercyful fate's Melissa seemed to be rips
(the riffs anyway) of a few other songs, but I didn't have time to place them.

Aeon

quorthon

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
There's one riff on Melissa(can't remember which song right now) that sounds
like 'Eye Of The Tiger' by Survivor. I couldn't stop laughing when my friend
noticed that.

--

Shiflet <rshi...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Glenn

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 21:37:49 -0800 (PST), lionh...@webtv.net (Lionheart)
wrote:

>I'd say Powerplant and Unification as a whole were minor disappointments
>this year. A couple of good songs, but nothing that really stood out.

Ah well I'm glad that I've found someone else who agrees with me about
both these albums, I think they certainly were minor-to-medium
disappointments.

If anyone wants Unification, send me your trade lists.

Glenn
ICQ # 3513865 777777777 Deadly Sins
nm...@ihug.co.nz 7 77 Ways to Win
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~nm156 77 Holy Paths to Hell
Music page: as above + /music.htm 77 Downward Slopes
77 Bloodied Hopes
| 77 Are Your Burning Fires
_|_ 77 Your Desires
| 7 (MOONCHILD Smith/Dickinson)

quorthon

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
I agree too. I like the first 3 songs off Powerplant that's it. Unification
sounds like the debut(which is still good) but I was expecting more.

--
"Welcome to our sanguinary sect of worship.
Feel at home in our black conventicle,

Glenn <nm...@remove.this.ihug.co.nz> wrote in message

Rodrigo Andrade

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99
>I recently got Iron Savior's Unification(nothing special, sounds exactly
>like the first cd) and on the song Deadly Sleep Kai totally rips off Aces
>High when he starts singing.

I'm listening to it right now. There had to be a reason why that song is my
favorite off Unification... the solo in the beginning is just absolutely
mind-boggling.

As for bands ripping off each other, I think it's unintentional in most
cases. After all, there are only so many chords and scales.

--
RODRIGO

Rodrigo Andrade

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99
>There's one riff on Melissa(can't remember which song right now) that
sounds
>like 'Eye Of The Tiger' by Survivor

EXACTLY!!! But that's the only one I can think of... and I laughed my ass
off too.

--
RODRIGO

Tormentor

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99

Glenn <nm...@remove.this.ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 21:37:49 -0800 (PST), lionh...@webtv.net
(Lionheart)
> wrote:
>
> >I'd say Powerplant and Unification as a whole were minor disappointments
> >this year. A couple of good songs, but nothing that really stood out.
>
> Ah well I'm glad that I've found someone else who agrees with me about
> both these albums, I think they certainly were minor-to-medium
> disappointments.

Gamma Ray has taken the wrong way for sure
The last album sucked and especially that 'heavy metal universe' track
with which I laughed my ass off....
one Manowar is more than enough..why copy it again?
when I heard it on the radio I thought it was a new Manowar song (and a bad
one too)

other bands play,Gamma Ray kill ????????!!!!!!

just...@my-deja.com

Dec 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/4/99
That's why you gotta listen to good music, like Puff Daddy. Yea, yea,
uh-huh yea.

In article <Ldp04.1196$JS.6...@typhoon.mbnet.mb.ca>,

"quorthon" <quor...@escape.ca> wrote:

> I recently got Iron Savior's Unification(nothing special, sounds
exactly
> like the first cd) and on the song Deadly Sleep Kai totally rips off
Aces

> High when he starts singing. How could he not notice this?Or does he
care?

> A couple of other rip offs I've noticed are: On the new Battlezone
cd(which
> sucks) , the middle of one song completely rips off Priest's Rapid
Fire.

> There's a guitar solo on In Flames Whoracle that is note for note
the
> same solo as a song on Arch Enemy's Black Earth cd.
> A song on Sentenced's Amok cd is a direct copy of Bathory's Under The
> Runes. Just different lyrics.
> Good thing bands don't listen to each others music or there would be
> lawsuits flying around.

> --
> "Jesus didn't die for me, Jesus Died" -Immolation

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

nib

Dec 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/6/99
In the middle of "she-wolf" by megadeth (cryptic writtings) there is a riff
that is SO maiden its not funny.. I could easily believe it was dave/adrian
playing guitar and not dave/marty.

sirla...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2018, 2:55:50 AM2/13/18
On Monday, November 29, 1999 at 10:00:00 AM UTC+2, quorthon wrote:
> I recently got Iron Savior's Unification(nothing special, sounds exactly
> like the first cd) and on the song Deadly Sleep Kai totally rips off Aces
> High when he starts singing. How could he not notice this?Or does he care?
>
> A couple of other rip offs I've noticed are: On the new Battlezone cd(which
> sucks) , the middle of one song completely rips off Priest's Rapid Fire.
> There's a guitar solo on In Flames Whoracle that is note for note the
> same solo as a song on Arch Enemy's Black Earth cd.
> A song on Sentenced's Amok cd is a direct copy of Bathory's Under The
> Runes. Just different lyrics.
> Good thing bands don't listen to each others music or there would be
> lawsuits flying around.
> --
> "Jesus didn't die for me, Jesus Died" -Immolation

Replying to two decades old thread, because why not. Are you guys still alive?

Tim Albers

Feb 13, 2018, 8:36:42 AM2/13/18
yes

--
SunDancer
All your squigs are belongz to me!

Incubus

Feb 19, 2018, 6:02:18 PM2/19/18
Well, I heard some amazing news recently - Bruce is going to rejoin Iron
Maiden.

You heard it here first!

artcinco

Apr 27, 2018, 9:13:43 PM4/27/18