Phil Anselmo has Throat cancer?

DogmaRatt

Nov 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/16/98
Kingdok wrote:

> Okay punk whoever you are dont you dare disparage Pantera. Either you haven't
> heard Cemetery Gates, Hollow, Shattered, I'm Broken, Etc. (Poor Soul if you
> haven't) Or you have no musical taste whatsoever. Next thing you know you'll
> be telling everyone that Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, and Black
> Sabbath are bad bands. Phil's vocals rival Rob Halfords and Axl Rose's, Rex is
> a bassist to be reckoned with whose bass prowess is comparable to Steve Harris
> or Cliff Burton. Vinnie Paul is the best thing to happen to drums since Neal
> Peart or Lars Ulrich. Let's not forget Dimebag Darrel's ingenius guitar
> skills. His riffs are so original that there isn't anything to compare him to
> except maybe Randy Rhodes. So take your Pantera sucks stuff and shove it!

LOL!! you're kidding, right? You're comparing Rex with Steve Harris and
Cliff Burton!!?? Dimefag with Randy Rhoads!?! HAAAA!!!! HAAAAAA!!!!!
Woo..that's a good one.......whew....

Deadmetal

Nov 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/16/98
>Kingdok wrote: wrote:

>Next thing you know you'll
> be telling everyone that Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, and Black
Sabbath are bad bands.

In truth, none of those bands are what they used to be. Ozzy may be back with
Sabbath for now, but who knows how long that will last before we get another
shit album like Tyr, Forbidden, etc. On the other hand, Pantera will never
have the chance to be "not what they used to be," since they never were.

> Phil's vocals rival Rob Halfords and Axl Rose's,

Comparing Phil to Axl is not a compliment. And too many other singers seem to
be able to imitate Phil with ease. He no longer stands out.

> Vinnie Paul is the best thing to happen to drums since
>Neal Peart or Lars Ulrich.

Again, comparing Vinnie to Lars is no compliment. Lars is Mr. 4/4 beat.
"boom-tap, boom-tap" and he's not very good at that either. During live
shows, he's all over the place. No wonder Metallica had to slow things down.
It was because of him.

> Let's not forget Dimebag Darrel's ingenius guitar
> skills. His riffs are so original that there isn't anything to >compare him
to except maybe Randy Rhodes.

Yeah, he's such a genius... the father of the "chugga-chugga" riff. This guy
can't even play his own instrument by himself. He has someone else work the
footpedals off stage so he can run around more. Can't say it's doing much for
him. He still has that huge gut. Keep Randy Rhoades out of this.... no one
has EVER successfully imitated him. But countless dorks have imitated Dirtbag.

-- Tom W
METAL NIGHTMARE ZINE: Blood Storm, Diaboli, Nocturnal Breed, October31,
Destroyer666, Skullview, Naglfar, Sabbat, Lord Belial, God Dethroned, Usurper,
Dawn, Morbid Angel, Guillotine, Omen, Possessed, Nasty Savage.....email me for
more details

Nathanial Goatblower

Nov 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/16/98
This *has* to be a troll... ;)

--
Jason Z. Christie - Libertarian for President 2008
ICQ#13566497 - D for the F?
Death Metal Music Association
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palms/2296/
http://www.kcuf.org http://www.blackplague.org
http://www.alternativeconnections.com - On Your Knees
http://www.evilmusic.com http://www.anus.com
ETERNAL FROST WEBZINE #4 OUT NOW!!!
http://www.mindspring.com/~goden/eternalfrost/
GORTICIAN "The Wonder Years" CD 15 Songs, 54:50 $8
8 1/2" x 11" Cover Art from a Convicted Murderer
Hand Inked CD Logo By Brian Magar of Pyroclastix
Death/Grind/Rap/Noise and Pig Fucking from 91'-97'
http://members.tripod.com/~cynner/gor1.htm
.

Nathanial Goatblower

Nov 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/16/98
Go cancer!

--

DogmaRatt wrote in message <3650469E...@hotmail.com>...

>Kingdok wrote:
>>
>> Okay punk whoever you are dont you dare disparage Pantera. Either you
haven't
>> heard Cemetery Gates, Hollow, Shattered, I'm Broken, Etc. (Poor Soul if
you

>> haven't) Or you have no musical taste whatsoever. Next thing you know

you'll
>> be telling everyone that Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, and Black

>> Sabbath are bad bands. Phil's vocals rival Rob Halfords and Axl Rose's,

Rex is
>> a bassist to be reckoned with whose bass prowess is comparable to Steve
Harris

>> or Cliff Burton. Vinnie Paul is the best thing to happen to drums since
Neal
>> Peart or Lars Ulrich. Let's not forget Dimebag Darrel's ingenius guitar

>> skills. His riffs are so original that there isn't anything to compare
him to

Soul Reaper

Nov 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/16/98
Yeah! GO CANCER! Fuck that Phil Elmo punk. He's been trying to fit into
the underground scene for so long it's pathetic. Ever seen him with those
venom and christ inversion shirts on? *GAY*!

On 16 Nov 1998, Nathanial Goatblower wrote:

> [...]

> >to except maybe Randy Rhodes.
> >

> >Yeah, he's such a genius... the father of the "chugga-chugga" riff. This
> guy
> >can't even play his own instrument by himself. He has someone else work
> the
> >footpedals off stage so he can run around more. Can't say it's doing much
> for
> >him. He still has that huge gut. Keep Randy Rhoades out of this.... no
> one
> >has EVER successfully imitated him. But countless dorks have imitated
> Dirtbag.
> >
> >-- Tom W
> >METAL NIGHTMARE ZINE: Blood Storm, Diaboli, Nocturnal Breed, October31,
> >Destroyer666, Skullview, Naglfar, Sabbat, Lord Belial, God Dethroned,
> Usurper,
> >Dawn, Morbid Angel, Guillotine, Omen, Possessed, Nasty Savage.....email me

Damian
FLORIDA DEATH METAL - http://fldm.net/
KILLING CHRISTIANS - http://fdt.net/~deicide/
**************************
Come see my light
Misguided fools I shall guide
Grant thyself all your minds
Liege of inveracity

--SUFFOCATION, "Liege of Inveracity"
**************************

eukary...@hotmail.com

Nov 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/17/98

innie Paul is the best thing to happen to drums since
Neal

> > Peart or Lars Ulrich. Let's not forget Dimebag Darrel's ingenius guitar

> > skills. His riffs are so original that there isn't anything to compare him

> > except maybe Randy Rhodes. So take your Pantera sucks stuff and shove it!
>
> LOL!! you're kidding, right? You're comparing Rex with Steve Harris and
> Cliff Burton!!?? Dimefag with Randy Rhoads!?! HAAAA!!!! HAAAAAA!!!!!
> Woo..that's a good one.......whew....

Pantera rules dude I think you should fuckin recognize they are more BRTUAL
than pretty much all of death metal and most pansy black metal

m_c...@geocities.com

Nov 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/17/98
In article <72r0ae$suo$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

eukary...@hotmail.com wrote:

> innie Paul is the best thing to happen to drums since
> Neal
> > > Peart or Lars Ulrich. Let's not forget Dimebag Darrel's ingenius guitar
> > > skills. His riffs are so original that there isn't anything to compare
him
> > > except maybe Randy Rhodes. So take your Pantera sucks stuff and shove it!
> >
> > LOL!! you're kidding, right? You're comparing Rex with Steve Harris and
> > Cliff Burton!!?? Dimefag with Randy Rhoads!?! HAAAA!!!! HAAAAAA!!!!!
> > Woo..that's a good one.......whew....
>
> Pantera rules dude I think you should fuckin recognize they are more BRTUAL
> than pretty much all of death metal and most pansy black metal

Oh shit - not ANOTHER one of those faggy nine-millimeter Jesus
motherfuckers...

Look, dude, the only Pantera stuff that is worth listening to is "I am the
Night" and "Projects in the Jungle" - KILLER glam with aptly-performed
guitar cliches, plodding basslines, and moronically simple drums. Then they
sold out after Power Metal, and it's been all downhill from there.

Panterrible BRUTAL??? Where do you get your weed? It must be good shit if
you think that sellout bullshit is brutal. I bet next you'll say that
Metallicker's Load and loadII rule too...

Get the hell out of here and let us discuss REAL brutal music. Bolt Thrower
puts those panterrible lamos to shame with just one chord...

Lord Vic

m_c...@geocities.com

Nov 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/17/98
In article <19981116111600...@ng80.aol.com>,

dead...@aol.com (Deadmetal) wrote:
> >Kingdok wrote: wrote:
>
> >Next thing you know you'll
> > be telling everyone that Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, and Black
> Sabbath are bad bands.
>
> In truth, none of those bands are what they used to be. Ozzy may be back with
> Sabbath for now, but who knows how long that will last before we get another
> shit album like Tyr, Forbidden, etc. On the other hand, Pantera will never
> have the chance to be "not what they used to be," since they never were.

I beg to differ - "I AM THE NIGHT" and "PROJECTS IN THE JUNGLE" were GREAT
80's style cheese/glam - on par with, say, Dokken, Autograph, or Quiet Riot.
Then Phil 'McCracken' ruined the "Power Metal" album, and it's been all
downhill ever since.

> > Phil's vocals rival Rob Halfords and Axl Rose's,
>
> Comparing Phil to Axl is not a compliment. And too many other singers seem to
> be able to imitate Phil with ease. He no longer stands out.

Yeah, it's called 'sucking'.

> > Vinnie Paul is the best thing to happen to drums since

> >Neal Peart or Lars Ulrich.
>

> Again, comparing Vinnie to Lars is no compliment. Lars is Mr. 4/4 beat.
> "boom-tap, boom-tap" and he's not very good at that either. During live
> shows, he's all over the place. No wonder Metallica had to slow things down.
> It was because of him.

I think he lost his left foot in the bus wreck. And Neal Peart is WAY
over-fellated - he's no Bill Bruford. And Vinnie just plain sucks. At least
it fit in with the plodding glam style drums back in the 80s...

> > Let's not forget Dimebag Darrel's ingenius guitar
> > skills. His riffs are so original that there isn't anything to >compare him
> to except maybe Randy Rhodes.
>

> Yeah, he's such a genius... the father of the "chugga-chugga" riff.

Um, no - that would be the guys from Excel and Exhorder, whom Diamond ripped
off.

> This guy
> can't even play his own instrument by himself. He has someone else work the
> footpedals off stage so he can run around more. Can't say it's doing much for
> him. He still has that huge gut. Keep Randy Rhoades out of this.... no one
> has EVER successfully imitated him. But countless dorks have imitated
Dirtbag.

Hear hear! Randy is godly on the guitar, and Diamond was a van-halen-wannabe
before he traded in those 'diamond' chops for a heavily gated open-E (excuse
me, open-drop-D) moronic 'thud-thud-tha-thud' excuse for rhythm playing.
Dammit, where are the Mike Torraos and Dave Austins of the metal guitar world
nowadays...

Gringo Starr

Soul Reaper

Nov 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/17/98
Bullshit. THis bitch hasn't even heard Suffocation, Dying Fetus,
Gorgasm, Deeds of Flesh, or any of the
barbaricallybrutallionsticmegabrutalsaurus bands. What a little punk.
Pantera more brutal than the above? ***BULLSHIT***

Damian

Heretic

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98
>Pantera rules dude I think you should fuckin recognize they are more BRTUAL
>than pretty much all of death metal and most pansy black metal

i hope phil dies soon.

Heretic

Gangsta Bitch Barbie

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98
That's what they told me...

--

m_c...@geocities.com wrote in message <72rvrc$n6h$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>In article <19981116111600...@ng80.aol.com>,
> dead...@aol.com (Deadmetal) wrote:
>> >Kingdok wrote: wrote:
>>
>> >Next thing you know you'll
>> > be telling everyone that Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, and
Black
>> Sabbath are bad bands.
>>
>> In truth, none of those bands are what they used to be. Ozzy may be back
with
>> Sabbath for now, but who knows how long that will last before we get
another
>> shit album like Tyr, Forbidden, etc. On the other hand, Pantera will
never
>> have the chance to be "not what they used to be," since they never were.
>
>I beg to differ - "I AM THE NIGHT" and "PROJECTS IN THE JUNGLE" were GREAT
>80's style cheese/glam - on par with, say, Dokken, Autograph, or Quiet
Riot.
>Then Phil 'McCracken' ruined the "Power Metal" album, and it's been all
>downhill ever since.
>
>> > Phil's vocals rival Rob Halfords and Axl Rose's,
>>
>> Comparing Phil to Axl is not a compliment. And too many other singers
seem to
>> be able to imitate Phil with ease. He no longer stands out.
>
>Yeah, it's called 'sucking'.
>

>> > Vinnie Paul is the best thing to happen to drums since

>> >Neal Peart or Lars Ulrich.
>>

>> Again, comparing Vinnie to Lars is no compliment. Lars is Mr. 4/4 beat.
>> "boom-tap, boom-tap" and he's not very good at that either. During live
>> shows, he's all over the place. No wonder Metallica had to slow things
down.
>> It was because of him.
>
>I think he lost his left foot in the bus wreck. And Neal Peart is WAY
>over-fellated - he's no Bill Bruford. And Vinnie just plain sucks. At
least
>it fit in with the plodding glam style drums back in the 80s...
>

>> > Let's not forget Dimebag Darrel's ingenius guitar
>> > skills. His riffs are so original that there isn't anything to
>compare him
>> to except maybe Randy Rhodes.

Deadmetal

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98
> Heretic <freewil...@fuck-the-skull-of-jesus.mit.edu> wrote:

>i hope phil dies soon.

Technically, he already did. A few years back, when they were doing that
double headliner tour with White Zombie, Phil... in all his brilliance...
injected himself with a heroin highball THAT HE KNEW WAS AN OVERDOSE. His
heart stopped on him, and he was clinically dead for a few minutes.

Heretic

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98
Deadmetal wrote:

> > Heretic <freewil...@fuck-the-skull-of-jesus.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> >i hope phil dies soon.
>
> Technically, he already did. A few years back, when they were doing that
> double headliner tour with White Zombie, Phil... in all his brilliance...
> injected himself with a heroin highball THAT HE KNEW WAS AN OVERDOSE. His
> heart stopped on him, and he was clinically dead for a few minutes.

hey, did rob zombie revive him with mouth-to-mouth?

Heretic

m_c...@geocities.com

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98
In article <19981118094443...@ng82.aol.com>,

dead...@aol.com (Deadmetal) wrote:
> > Heretic <freewil...@fuck-the-skull-of-jesus.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> >i hope phil dies soon.
>
> Technically, he already did. A few years back, when they were doing that
> double headliner tour with White Zombie, Phil... in all his brilliance...
> injected himself with a heroin highball THAT HE KNEW WAS AN OVERDOSE. His
> heart stopped on him, and he was clinically dead for a few minutes.

Not good enough. I want him in a pine box with his eyes sown shut, metal
rods in his limbs, and half-eaten by maggots and worms. Or burnt to a few
ounces of gray ash would be fine too...I'm not picky.

Jon Melbo

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98
On Wed, 18 Nov 1998 04:39:01 -0800, Heretic
<freewil...@fuck-the-skull-of-jesus.mit.edu> wrote:

>>Pantera rules dude I think you should fuckin recognize they are more BRTUAL
>>than pretty much all of death metal and most pansy black metal
>>

>i hope phil dies soon.

Kind of surprised and just wondering.... why all the anti Phil and/or
anti Pantera sentiment in here? While I don't consider Pantera the
gods of metal or anything I do think they are at least in the posative
area. I am surprised that so many seem to dislike them in these metal
newsgroups.

goden

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98
On Wed, 18 Nov 1998 21:50:12 GMT, jme...@pressenter.com (Jon Melbo)
vomited forth:

Well, I'd wager that most of the Phil-haters are from the death metal
newsgroup. Here's few possible reasons we hate Phil and his lame band
Pantera:

1. They play crappy hick-inspired thrash that's all chugga chugga and
takes an IQ of 1 to understand.

2. Phil's gay.

3. Phil sucks.

4. The rest of Pantera sucks.

5. They sold out when "angry" thrash became the trend in the late
'80s/early '90s.

6. Phil can't even kill himself correctly.

7. Phil brags too much.

8. Phil is in a trendy band and wears Darkthrone shirts and tries to
be underground when he knows he can't.

That's all I could come up with in about ten seconds. I'm sure there
are too many more reasons and I'm sure no one gives a fuck. Pantera
sucks.

Bill Russell

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98
Heretic wrote:

> Deadmetal wrote:
> >
> > > Heretic <freewil...@fuck-the-skull-of-jesus.mit.edu> wrote:
> >
> > >i hope phil dies soon.
> >
> > Technically, he already did. A few years back, when they were doing that
> > double headliner tour with White Zombie, Phil... in all his brilliance...
> > injected himself with a heroin highball THAT HE KNEW WAS AN OVERDOSE. His
> > heart stopped on him, and he was clinically dead for a few minutes.
> >

> hey, did rob zombie revive him with mouth-to-mouth?

Rob rules, saw him last night in concert. Awesome. Fireworks, nude
dancers and horror movies...gotta love it!

Heretic

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98
Bill Russell wrote:

> Rob rules, saw him last night in concert. Awesome. Fireworks, nude
> dancers and horror movies...gotta love it!

strip all that away and what do you have then?

Heretic

Deadmetal

Nov 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/19/98
>Heretic <freewil...@fuck-the-skull-of-jesus.mit.edu> wrote:

.......one UGLY mother fucker!!!!!

John Tracy

Nov 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/19/98
On Tue, 17 Nov 1998 05:07:25 GMT, eukary...@hotmail.com wrote:

>Pantera rules dude I think you should fuckin recognize they are more BRTUAL
>than pretty much all of death metal and most pansy black metal

Good one.

Heretic

Nov 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/19/98
Deadmetal wrote:

> >Heretic <freewil...@fuck-the-skull-of-jesus.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> >> Rob rules, saw him last night in concert. Awesome. Fireworks, nude
> >> dancers and horror movies...gotta love it!
> >>

> >strip all that away and what do you have then?
>
> .......one UGLY mother fucker!!!!!

one ugly TALENTLESS motherfucker.

Heretic

goden

Nov 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/19/98
On 19 Nov 1998 05:46:52 GMT, dead...@aol.com (Deadmetal) vomited
forth:

>>Heretic <freewil...@fuck-the-skull-of-jesus.mit.edu> wrote:
>
>>> Rob rules, saw him last night in concert. Awesome. Fireworks, nude
>>> dancers and horror movies...gotta love it!
>>>

>>strip all that away and what do you have then?
>
>.......one UGLY mother fucker!!!!!

. . . with a DAWN OF THE DEAD shirt that I want.

--
"Just stay put, shit-face!"
-some guy, 'Cannibal Ferox'

Eternal Frost Webzine
<http://www.mindspring.com/~goden/eternalfrost/>

John Tracy

Nov 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/19/98
On Wed, 18 Nov 1998 22:01:12 GMT, goden (goden) wrote:

>Well, I'd wager that most of the Phil-haters are from the death metal
>newsgroup. Here's few possible reasons we hate Phil and his lame band
>Pantera:
>
>1. They play crappy hick-inspired thrash that's all chugga chugga and
>takes an IQ of 1 to understand.
>
>2. Phil's gay.
>
>3. Phil sucks.
>
>4. The rest of Pantera sucks.
>
>5. They sold out when "angry" thrash became the trend in the late
>'80s/early '90s.
>
>6. Phil can't even kill himself correctly.
>
>7. Phil brags too much.
>
>8. Phil is in a trendy band and wears Darkthrone shirts and tries to
>be underground when he knows he can't.
>
>That's all I could come up with in about ten seconds. I'm sure there
>are too many more reasons and I'm sure no one gives a fuck. Pantera
>sucks.

9. Inbreeding.

10. Phil has a pathetic need to impress people by showing how macho or
underground he is.

11. Phil's music criticises "trends" when his band and his entire life
is just a stupid trend.

I should tell you that we're a lot more anti-Phil than anti-Pantera.
Fucking rock star. I will admit that I liked "Cowboys from Hell"...
when I was 14.

John Tracy

Nov 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/19/98
On 18 Nov 1998 14:44:43 GMT, dead...@aol.com (Deadmetal) wrote:

>Technically, he already did. A few years back, when they were doing that
>double headliner tour with White Zombie, Phil... in all his brilliance...
>injected himself with a heroin highball THAT HE KNEW WAS AN OVERDOSE. His
>heart stopped on him, and he was clinically dead for a few minutes.

That fucking idiot should have died then and there. What a stupid
thing to do. Anybody who tries any macho shit like that to look badass
should STAY DEAD.

Dipshit probably did it to sell more records.

N. Evermind

Nov 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/19/98

goden wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Nov 1998 21:50:12 GMT, jme...@pressenter.com (Jon Melbo)
> vomited forth:
>

> >Kind of surprised and just wondering.... why all the anti Phil and/or
> >anti Pantera sentiment in here? While I don't consider Pantera the
> >gods of metal or anything I do think they are at least in the posative
> >area. I am surprised that so many seem to dislike them in these metal
> >newsgroups.
>

> Well, I'd wager that most of the Phil-haters are from the death metal
> newsgroup. Here's few possible reasons we hate Phil and his lame band
> Pantera:
>
> 1. They play crappy hick-inspired thrash that's all chugga chugga and
> takes an IQ of 1 to understand.
>
> 2. Phil's gay.
>
> 3. Phil sucks.
>
> 4. The rest of Pantera sucks.
>
> 5. They sold out when "angry" thrash became the trend in the late
> '80s/early '90s.
>
> 6. Phil can't even kill himself correctly.
>
> 7. Phil brags too much.
>
> 8. Phil is in a trendy band and wears Darkthrone shirts and tries to
> be underground when he knows he can't.

9. Douchebag Darell is enormously gay.

--
- nevermind

"Somniferous whisperings of scarlet fields
Sleep calling me and my dreams and wondrous
My reality abandoned (I traverse afar)
Not a care if I never wake"

- Everwake, by Anathema

Martyr333

Nov 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/19/98
>On 19 Nov 1998 05:46:52 GMT, dead...@aol.com (Deadmetal) vomited
>forth:

>>>strip all that away and what do you have then?
>>
>>.......one UGLY mother fucker!!!!!
>
>. . . with a DAWN OF THE DEAD shirt that I want.

.....with ONLY ONE DAMN SINGING voice he ever uses!!

>>-- Tom W
>>METAL NIGHTMARE ZINE: Blood Storm, Diaboli, Nocturnal Breed, October31,
>>Destroyer666, Skullview, Naglfar, Sabbat, Lord Belial, God Dethroned,
>Usurper,
>>Dawn, Morbid Angel, Guillotine, Omen, Possessed, Nasty Savage.....email me
>for
>>more details
>
>--
>"Just stay put, shit-face!"
> -some guy, 'Cannibal Ferox'
>
>Eternal Frost Webzine
><http://www.mindspring.com/~goden/eternalfrost/>

-Rocky

"We got no food, we got no jobs, OUR PETS' HEADS ARE FALLING OFF! "

http://rocky.simplenet.com/dahm<----Dallas Area Heavy Music
http://rocky.simplenet.com <----a good time for all
<the XxXxXxXx is a spamblock>
member of the R/NIGoIS

Gavin Spearhead

Nov 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/19/98

Deadmetal wrote:

> >Heretic <freewil...@fuck-the-skull-of-jesus.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> >> Rob rules, saw him last night in concert. Awesome. Fireworks, nude
> >> dancers and horror movies...gotta love it!
> >>

> >strip all that away and what do you have then?
>
> .......one UGLY mother fucker!!!!!

A bag of shit!!!

--
Gavin Spearhead
Spearhead Inc.

Homepages:
Coversongs list http://www.bart.nl/~wieger1/covers.htm
Bolt Thrower Homepage: http://www.bart.nl/~wieger1/btfaq.htm
Official Altar Homepage http://www.bart.nl/~wieger1/altar/altar.html

technic...@my-dejanews.com

Nov 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/19/98
In article <36554073...@news.pressenter.com>,

jme...@pressenter.com (Jon Melbo) wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Nov 1998 04:39:01 -0800, Heretic
> <freewil...@fuck-the-skull-of-jesus.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> >>Pantera rules dude I think you should fuckin recognize they are more BRTUAL
> >>than pretty much all of death metal and most pansy black metal
> >>

> >i hope phil dies soon.
>
> Kind of surprised and just wondering.... why all the anti Phil and/or
> anti Pantera sentiment in here? While I don't consider Pantera the
> gods of metal or anything I do think they are at least in the posative
> area. I am surprised that so many seem to dislike them in these metal
> newsgroups.

I'm surprised that fucking posers like yourself are allowed to live.

technic...@my-dejanews.com

Nov 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/19/98
In article <365348...@bc.sympatico.ca>,
wd_ru...@bc.sympatico.ca wrote:

> Heretic wrote:

> > > Technically, he already did. A few years back, when they were doing that
> > > double headliner tour with White Zombie, Phil... in all his brilliance...
> > > injected himself with a heroin highball THAT HE KNEW WAS AN OVERDOSE. His
> > > heart stopped on him, and he was clinically dead for a few minutes.
> > >

> > hey, did rob zombie revive him with mouth-to-mouth?
> >

> Rob rules, saw him last night in concert. Awesome. Fireworks, nude
> dancers and horror movies...gotta love it!

Yay!!!! Sounds super!!! Did mommy drop you off and pick you up in the station
wagon or the minivan?

James S Kang

Nov 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/19/98
Martyr333 (mart...@aol.comXxXxXxXx) wrote:
> >On 19 Nov 1998 05:46:52 GMT, dead...@aol.com (Deadmetal) vomited
> >forth:

> >>.......one UGLY mother fucker!!!!!
> >
> >. . . with a DAWN OF THE DEAD shirt that I want.
> >

> .....with ONLY ONE DAMN SINGING voice he ever uses!!

He's got two, which is actually more than most singers, if that matters to
you.

Martyr333

Nov 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/19/98
>Martyr333 (mart...@aol.comXxXxXxXx) wrote:
>> >On 19 Nov 1998 05:46:52 GMT, dead...@aol.com (Deadmetal) vomited
>> >forth:

>> >. . . with a DAWN OF THE DEAD shirt that I want.
>> >

>> .....with ONLY ONE DAMN SINGING voice he ever uses!!
>
>He's got two, which is actually more than most singers, if that matters to
>you.

Ummmmm, i can only recall the monotone voice he always uses...

Bill Russell

Nov 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/19/98
Heretic wrote:

> Bill Russell wrote:
> >
> > Rob rules, saw him last night in concert. Awesome. Fireworks, nude
> > dancers and horror movies...gotta love it!
> >

> strip all that away and what do you have then?

Well, it was pretty excellent , the sound just ruled, he's not really
talentless but he isn't a very good vocalist, excellent visual artist
though. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the loudness and crunchiness of the
guitars, it was very cool. I don't give a rats ass about the fact that
he is not underground it was still nothing you'd take your parents to.

Nathanial Goatblower

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98
James S Kang wrote in message <731kcf$e...@news.acns.nwu.edu>...

>Martyr333 (mart...@aol.comXxXxXxXx) wrote:
>> >On 19 Nov 1998 05:46:52 GMT, dead...@aol.com (Deadmetal) vomited
>> >forth:

>> >. . . with a DAWN OF THE DEAD shirt that I want.
>> >

>> .....with ONLY ONE DAMN SINGING voice he ever uses!!
>
>He's got two, which is actually more than most singers, if that matters to
>you.

Two shirts?

October31,
>> >Usurper,
>> >for
>> >
>> >--
>> >"Just stay put, shit-face!"
>> > -some guy, 'Cannibal Ferox'
>> >
>> >Eternal Frost Webzine
>> ><http://www.mindspring.com/~goden/eternalfrost/>
>> >

>> -Rocky
>
>> "We got no food, we got no jobs, OUR PETS' HEADS ARE FALLING OFF! "
>
>> http://rocky.simplenet.com/dahm<----Dallas Area Heavy Music
>> http://rocky.simplenet.com <----a good time for all
>> <the XxXxXxXx is a spamblock>
>> member of the R/NIGoIS

Jon Melbo

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98
On Thu, 19 Nov 1998 18:06:13 GMT, technic...@my-dejanews.com
wrote:

>In article <36554073...@news.pressenter.com>,
> jme...@pressenter.com (Jon Melbo) wrote:

>> >i hope phil dies soon.
>>

>> Kind of surprised and just wondering.... why all the anti Phil and/or
>> anti Pantera sentiment in here? While I don't consider Pantera the
>> gods of metal or anything I do think they are at least in the posative
>> area. I am surprised that so many seem to dislike them in these metal
>> newsgroups.
>
>I'm surprised that fucking posers like yourself are allowed to live.

Hey, fuck you too. It's obvious you're the "poser" since you have to
do your news from Dejanews instead of a real news client. Hmm, do you
have AOL as your "ISP" too? (laugh) Maybe that's why you need
Dejanews... You have to be the softest turd I ever had to step on. So
take your insults plus a bit more, shove 'em up your ass, and have
your gay lover lustfully tongue them out again.

John Tracy

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98
On Fri, 20 Nov 1998 05:11:22 GMT, jme...@pressenter.com (Jon Melbo)
wrote:

>Hey, fuck you too. It's obvious you're the "poser" since you have to
>do your news from Dejanews instead of a real news client. Hmm, do you
>have AOL as your "ISP" too? (laugh) Maybe that's why you need
>Dejanews...

Looks like you're a poser AND a geek.

technic...@my-dejanews.com

Nov 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/21/98
In article <3655f8c8....@news.pressenter.com>,

jme...@pressenter.com (Jon Melbo) wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Nov 1998 18:06:13 GMT, technic...@my-dejanews.com
> wrote:
>
> >In article <36554073...@news.pressenter.com>,
> > jme...@pressenter.com (Jon Melbo) wrote:

BRTUAL

> >> Kind of surprised and just wondering.... why all the anti Phil and/or
> >> anti Pantera sentiment in here? While I don't consider Pantera the
> >> gods of metal or anything I do think they are at least in the posative
> >> area. I am surprised that so many seem to dislike them in these metal
> >> newsgroups.
> >
> >I'm surprised that fucking posers like yourself are allowed to live.

> Hey, fuck you too. It's obvious you're the "poser" since you have to

> do your news from Dejanews instead of a real news client. Hmm, do you
> have AOL as your "ISP" too? (laugh) Maybe that's why you need
> Dejanews...

I prefer to use the cheesy dejanews address because it serves a few useful
functions:
1. I never read the mail sent to it
2. Spammers can't send mail to my real address
3. Flamers can't bomb my real address

No, I don't have AOL; I can read and write. Such a weak comeback.
Interesting how you make a correlation between an e-mail address and being a
poser. So, even if someone listens to crap like Pantera and Korn, as long as
they have a cool e-mail address, then they are not posers. On the other
hand, according to your logic, someone who worships such godly acts as
Burzum, Abigor, Suffocation, Carcass, Nile, and Cryptopsy would be considered
a poser if they had a lame ISP such as Web-TV, MSN, AOL, Prodigy, etc, etc.

Jon Melbo

Nov 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/21/98
On Fri, 20 Nov 1998 20:05:10 GMT, i_lu...@hotmail.com (John Tracy)
wrote:

>On Fri, 20 Nov 1998 05:11:22 GMT, jme...@pressenter.com (Jon Melbo)
>wrote:
>

>>Hey, fuck you too. It's obvious you're the "poser" since you have to
>>do your news from Dejanews instead of a real news client. Hmm, do you
>>have AOL as your "ISP" too? (laugh) Maybe that's why you need
>>Dejanews...
>

>Looks like you're a poser AND a geek.

Don't think so cock lips. Keep the insults coming and I'll gladly
keep returning them.

Tomasz Kurnatowski

Nov 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/21/98
On Tue, 17 Nov 1998 05:07:25 GMT, eukary...@hotmail.com wrote:

>innie Paul is the best thing to happen to drums since
>Neal
>> > Peart or Lars Ulrich. Let's not forget Dimebag Darrel's ingenius guitar
>> > skills. His riffs are so original that there isn't anything to compare him
>> > except maybe Randy Rhodes. So take your Pantera sucks stuff and shove it!
>>
>> LOL!! you're kidding, right? You're comparing Rex with Steve Harris and
>> Cliff Burton!!?? Dimefag with Randy Rhoads!?! HAAAA!!!! HAAAAAA!!!!!
>> Woo..that's a good one.......whew....

>Pantera rules dude I think you should fuckin recognize they are more BRTUAL
>than pretty much all of death metal and most pansy black metal

Just as you said:))

Samael

< sam...@sgh.waw.pl >
< http://akson.sgh.waw.pl/~samael > (My Anathema site)

Tomasz Kurnatowski

Nov 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/21/98
On Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:44:33 GMT, m_c...@geocities.com wrote:

>In article <72r0ae$suo$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

> eukary...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>

>> innie Paul is the best thing to happen to drums since
>> Neal
>him
>> >
>> > LOL!! you're kidding, right? You're comparing Rex with Steve Harris and
>> > Cliff Burton!!?? Dimefag with Randy Rhoads!?! HAAAA!!!! HAAAAAA!!!!!
>> > Woo..that's a good one.......whew....
>>
>> Pantera rules dude I think you should fuckin recognize they are more BRTUAL
>> than pretty much all of death metal and most pansy black metal
>

>Oh shit - not ANOTHER one of those faggy nine-millimeter Jesus
>motherfuckers...
>
>Look, dude, the only Pantera stuff that is worth listening to is "I am the
>Night" and "Projects in the Jungle" - KILLER glam with aptly-performed
>guitar cliches, plodding basslines, and moronically simple drums. Then they
>sold out after Power Metal, and it's been all downhill from there.
>
>Panterrible BRUTAL??? Where do you get your weed? It must be good shit if
>you think that sellout bullshit is brutal. I bet next you'll say that
>Metallicker's Load and loadII rule too...
>
>Get the hell out of here and let us discuss REAL brutal music. Bolt Thrower
>puts those panterrible lamos to shame with just one chord...

Pantera could be brutal if you look on it from technical side - it's
one of most technical metal bands ever. And it isn't speeding with
sound to be hv.

They didn't sell out after PM - they just started their career.

>Lord Vic

Tomasz Kurnatowski

Nov 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/21/98
On Tue, 17 Nov 1998 16:48:02 -0500, Soul Reaper <dei...@gnv.fdt.net>
wrote:

>Bullshit. THis bitch hasn't even heard Suffocation, Dying Fetus,
>Gorgasm, Deeds of Flesh, or any of the
>barbaricallybrutallionsticmegabrutalsaurus bands. What a little punk.
>Pantera more brutal than the above? ***BULLSHIT***

I heard Dying Fetus, Suffocation and DoF. Nothing really interesting.

evil...@evilmusic.com

Nov 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/21/98

> > Hey, fuck you too. It's obvious you're the "poser" since you have to
> > do your news from Dejanews instead of a real news client.
>

> I prefer to use the cheesy dejanews address because it serves a few useful
> functions:
> 1. I never read the mail sent to it
> 2. Spammers can't send mail to my real address
> 3. Flamers can't bomb my real address

And more importantly: USENET is full of reactive people who like nothing more
than to auto-reply to abuse addresses, screaming: "I voluntarily went into
the room of chaos and this offended me!!!1! Take action!!1!!!" Using
DejaNews allows your local provider NOT to be the scapegoat, and puts the
complaining idiots up against a bureaucracy which has seen it all before and
is tired as hell of dealing with the whining. USENET will someday come
around cycle to the point where complaints will no longer be viewed as
commerce, as they are now.

HEIL DEJANUDE

hat...@my-dejanews.com

Nov 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/21/98
In article <736550$gaj$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

www.denyjews.com rules.

--
/}
// brett @ ausmetal.net

Gringo Starr

Nov 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/21/98
Tomasz Kurnatowski (sam...@sgh.waw.pl) wrote:

: Pantera could be brutal if you look on it from technical side - it's

: one of most technical metal bands ever. And it isn't speeding with
: sound to be hv.

: They didn't sell out after PM - they just started their career.

Pantera one of the most technical metal bands ever? What songs are you
referring to that could even be considered "technical"?

technic...@my-dejanews.com

Nov 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/22/98
In article <3655ddbb...@news.tpnet.pl>,
sam...@sgh.waw.pl (Tomasz Kurnatowski) wrote:

> Pantera could be brutal if you look on it from technical side - it's
> one of most technical metal bands ever. And it isn't speeding with
> sound to be hv.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha... (repeat a million times)

technic...@my-dejanews.com

Nov 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/22/98
In article <3655de45...@news.tpnet.pl>,

sam...@sgh.waw.pl (Tomasz Kurnatowski) wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Nov 1998 16:48:02 -0500, Soul Reaper <dei...@gnv.fdt.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Bullshit. THis bitch hasn't even heard Suffocation, Dying Fetus,
> >Gorgasm, Deeds of Flesh, or any of the
> >barbaricallybrutallionsticmegabrutalsaurus bands. What a little punk.
> >Pantera more brutal than the above? ***BULLSHIT***
>
> I heard Suffocation. Nothing really interesting.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic, or are just truly retarded.

Heretic

Nov 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/22/98
Gringo Starr wrote:

> Tomasz Kurnatowski (sam...@sgh.waw.pl) wrote:
>
> : Pantera could be brutal if you look on it from technical side - it's
> : one of most technical metal bands ever. And it isn't speeding with
> : sound to be hv.
>
> : They didn't sell out after PM - they just started their career.
>
> Pantera one of the most technical metal bands ever? What songs are you
> referring to that could even be considered "technical"?

Umm...i think he's talking about "walk". fucking technical!

Heretic

Tomasz Kurnatowski

Nov 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/22/98
On Sun, 22 Nov 1998 06:07:19 -0800, Heretic
<freewil...@fuck-the-skull-of-jesus.mit.edu> wrote:

>Gringo Starr wrote:
>>
>> Tomasz Kurnatowski (sam...@sgh.waw.pl) wrote:
>>
>> : Pantera could be brutal if you look on it from technical side - it's
>> : one of most technical metal bands ever. And it isn't speeding with
>> : sound to be hv.
>>
>> : They didn't sell out after PM - they just started their career.
>>
>> Pantera one of the most technical metal bands ever? What songs are you
>> referring to that could even be considered "technical"?

Every one Pantera song is technical. It's the band which allowed me
understand that metal is not only about playing faster and faster.
Faster doesn't mean hvier.

>Umm...i think he's talking about "walk". fucking technical!

Even Walk.

>Heretic

Tomasz Kurnatowski

Nov 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/22/98
On Mon, 23 Nov 1998 00:43:42 +0800, "N. Evermind" <97s...@njc.edu.sg>
wrote:

>> I heard Dying Fetus, Suffocation and DoF. Nothing really interesting.
>

>Give Suffocation some time. Effigy and Pierced have me squealing with
>pleasure in no time. The mind-blowing technicality does need time to get
>used to.

Sorry, but it isn't my kind of Metal.

Gringo Starr

Nov 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/22/98
Heretic (freewil...@fuck-the-skull-of-jesus.mit.edu) wrote:
: Gringo Starr wrote:
: >
: > Tomasz Kurnatowski (sam...@sgh.waw.pl) wrote:
: >
: > : Pantera could be brutal if you look on it from technical side - it's
: > : one of most technical metal bands ever. And it isn't speeding with
: > : sound to be hv.
: >
: > : They didn't sell out after PM - they just started their career.
: >
: > Pantera one of the most technical metal bands ever? What songs are you
: > referring to that could even be considered "technical"?

: Umm...i think he's talking about "walk". fucking technical!

Oh. I thought he was talking about "Good Friends And A Bottle Of Pills".
Those lyrics are fucking genius.

Gringo Starr

Nov 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/22/98
Tomasz Kurnatowski (sam...@sgh.waw.pl) wrote:
: On Sun, 22 Nov 1998 06:07:19 -0800, Heretic
: <freewil...@fuck-the-skull-of-jesus.mit.edu> wrote:

: >Gringo Starr wrote:
: >>
: >> Tomasz Kurnatowski (sam...@sgh.waw.pl) wrote:
: >>
: >> : Pantera could be brutal if you look on it from technical side - it's
: >> : one of most technical metal bands ever. And it isn't speeding with
: >> : sound to be hv.
: >>
: >> : They didn't sell out after PM - they just started their career.
: >>
: >> Pantera one of the most technical metal bands ever? What songs are you
: >> referring to that could even be considered "technical"?
: >

: Every one Pantera song is technical. It's the band which allowed me

: understand that metal is not only about playing faster and faster.
: Faster doesn't mean hvier.

I can't think of one Pantera song that is technical. Choose one at random
and explain to me how it is technical.

N. Evermind

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98

Tomasz Kurnatowski wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Nov 1998 16:48:02 -0500, Soul Reaper <dei...@gnv.fdt.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Bullshit. THis bitch hasn't even heard Suffocation, Dying Fetus,
> >Gorgasm, Deeds of Flesh, or any of the
> >barbaricallybrutallionsticmegabrutalsaurus bands. What a little punk.
> >Pantera more brutal than the above? ***BULLSHIT***
>

> I heard Dying Fetus, Suffocation and DoF. Nothing really interesting.

Give Suffocation some time. Effigy and Pierced have me squealing with
pleasure in no time. The mind-blowing technicality does need time to get
used to.

> Samael
>
> < sam...@sgh.waw.pl >
> < http://akson.sgh.waw.pl/~samael > (My Anathema site)

--
- nevermind

"Somniferous whisperings of scarlet fields
Sleep calling me and my dreams and wondrous
My reality abandoned (I traverse afar)
Not a care if I never wake"

- Everwake, by Anathema

m_c...@geocities.com

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
In article <3655ddbb...@news.tpnet.pl>,

sam...@sgh.waw.pl (Tomasz Kurnatowski) wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:44:33 GMT, m_c...@geocities.com wrote:
> >Panterrible BRUTAL??? Where do you get your weed? It must be good shit if
> >you think that sellout bullshit is brutal. I bet next you'll say that
> >Metallicker's Load and loadII rule too...
> >
> >Get the hell out of here and let us discuss REAL brutal music. Bolt Thrower
> >puts those panterrible lamos to shame with just one chord...
>
> Pantera could be brutal if you look on it from technical side - it's
> one of most technical metal bands ever. And it isn't speeding with
> sound to be hv.

Now I know you're full of shit.

1) Panterrible isn't technical at all - 'chugga chugga' is moronically simple.

2) Technical is not automatically equal to brutal (in fact, it rarely is) - is
Dream Theater brutal? Is Yes? ELP?

3) You want technical and brutal, check out Death, Vader, Krisiun, Morbid
Angel (techical and brutal, just not very good), Possessed, Rampage....

> They didn't sell out after PM - they just started their career.

No, stupid, they started their career back in 1984 or so with "Metal Magic".
Period. Just because idiots like you and the band try to deny it doesn't
mean it didn't happen. And yes it is a sellout - they saw how that 'chugga'
shit was on its way up, so they traded in their Van Halen licks and lipstick
for pot-leaf shirts and 'duh-duh-da-duh-duh' riffs.

Lord Vic

Tomasz Kurnatowski

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
On 22 Nov 1998 21:44:05 -0500, th...@butchered.sugar-river.net (Gringo
Starr) wrote:

>Tomasz Kurnatowski (sam...@sgh.waw.pl) wrote:
>: On Sun, 22 Nov 1998 06:07:19 -0800, Heretic
>: <freewil...@fuck-the-skull-of-jesus.mit.edu> wrote:
>
>: >Gringo Starr wrote:
>: >>
>: >> Tomasz Kurnatowski (sam...@sgh.waw.pl) wrote:
>: >>

>: >> : Pantera could be brutal if you look on it from technical side - it's

>: >> : one of most technical metal bands ever. And it isn't speeding with
>: >> : sound to be hv.

>: >>
>: >> : They didn't sell out after PM - they just started their career.
>: >>
>: >> Pantera one of the most technical metal bands ever? What songs are you
>: >> referring to that could even be considered "technical"?
>: >
>
>: Every one Pantera song is technical. It's the band which allowed me
>: understand that metal is not only about playing faster and faster.
>: Faster doesn't mean hvier.
>
>I can't think of one Pantera song that is technical. Choose one at random
>and explain to me how it is technical.

If you can't hear it I can't explain it to you... Sorry.

Tomasz Kurnatowski

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
On 22 Nov 1998 21:39:41 -0500, th...@butchered.sugar-river.net (Gringo
Starr) wrote:

>Heretic (freewil...@fuck-the-skull-of-jesus.mit.edu) wrote:
>: Gringo Starr wrote:
>: >
>: > Tomasz Kurnatowski (sam...@sgh.waw.pl) wrote:
>: >
>: > : Pantera could be brutal if you look on it from technical side - it's
>: > : one of most technical metal bands ever. And it isn't speeding with
>: > : sound to be hv.
>: >
>: > : They didn't sell out after PM - they just started their career.
>: >
>: > Pantera one of the most technical metal bands ever? What songs are you
>: > referring to that could even be considered "technical"?
>

>: Umm...i think he's talking about "walk". fucking technical!
>
>Oh. I thought he was talking about "Good Friends And A Bottle Of Pills".
>Those lyrics are fucking genius.

You're right - lyrics in this song are really stupid. If I appreciate
Pantera it doesn't mean that I love every song. I dislike fe "Primal
Concrete Sledge" for me it begins after 2 mins from real beginning.

Gringo Starr

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
Tomasz Kurnatowski (sam...@sgh.waw.pl) wrote:
: >: >Gringo Starr wrote:
: >: >>
: >: >> Tomasz Kurnatowski (sam...@sgh.waw.pl) wrote:
: >: >>
: >: >> : Pantera could be brutal if you look on it from technical side - it's
: >: >> : one of most technical metal bands ever. And it isn't speeding with
: >: >> : sound to be hv.
: >: >>
: >: >> : They didn't sell out after PM - they just started their career.
: >: >>
: >: >> Pantera one of the most technical metal bands ever? What songs are you
: >: >> referring to that could even be considered "technical"?
: >: >
: >

: >: Every one Pantera song is technical. It's the band which allowed me
: >: understand that metal is not only about playing faster and faster.
: >: Faster doesn't mean hvier.
: >
: >I can't think of one Pantera song that is technical. Choose one at random
: >and explain to me how it is technical.

: If you can't hear it I can't explain it to you... Sorry.

Not true. You could say something to the effect of "song X has a difficult
to play drum beat" or "song Y has a riff that is damn hard to play"...

: Samael

James S Kang

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98

Well, even there are, some things are difficult because the sheer endurance
needed to play them - that doesn't mean it's technical.

I don't agree that Pantera is technical, but they do occasionally have some
difficult moments and aren't really the bouncing chugga-chugga band some
people make them out to be. (Actually, the classic early thrash bands are
more chugga-chugga than Pantera, since Pantera uses those grooves all the
time now.)

There's a sort strange polyrhythmic drum part in Becoming (of course that
doesn't save it from being an annoying song). And the fast riff in This Love
in the middle of the song feels sort of technical, even if it's not that
hard to play. Dime (or Diamond) has some fairly technical, albeit
pentatonic, solos on Cowboys from Hell, like the one in The Sleep.

Jon Melbo

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
wrote:

>Bullshit. THis bitch hasn't even heard Suffocation, Dying Fetus,
>Gorgasm, Deeds of Flesh, or any of the
>barbaricallybrutallionsticmegabrutalsaurus bands. What a little punk.
>Pantera more brutal than the above? ***BULLSHIT***

How old are you? Still in your teens? Just because many of the death
metal bands are more 'brutal' than Pantera, does not mean Pantera
isn't brutal. Also, just because someone isn't into, impressed with,
worshipful of or all amped up about death/black metal doesn't make
them "a little punk," a "poser" or any other insulting label you or
some of the others in here want to put on them. It's really all a
matter of opinion anyway.

I normally don't insult people, but I make exceptions for those that
do the insulting 1st. So, to all of you who want to be-little or
insult others in here because they don't share your philosophical or
hero worship of black/death metal bands (especially the guy who called
me a poser simply because I asked why so much negative sentiment about
Pantera)... fuck you. Grow up. Live and let live. Enjoy your tastes
in metal or any music, or for that matter things in life in general,
and respect others who wish to do the same, without insulting them for
their differences. If this is just too hard for you to do then you
are pathetic and child like. Go draw your pentagrams on your
notebooks, or better yet try to get a spell book and summon Satan or
something. Growl with the demon lords. I really don't give a shit.

To those who can handle differences of opinion and discuss the merits
of those opinions without being childish or insulting I apologize for
wasting your time with my "fight fire with fire" tirade here. I look
foreword to more of your meaningful and thought provoking posts.

Tomasz Kurnatowski

Nov 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/28/98
On 24 Nov 1998 15:30:29 -0500, th...@butchered.sugar-river.net (Gringo
Starr) wrote:

>: If you can't hear it I can't explain it to you... Sorry.
>
>Not true. You could say something to the effect of "song X has a difficult

>to play drum beat" or "song Y has a riff that is damn hard to play"...

ok, if You wish: just listen to Message in Blood or Art of Shredding
from "Cowboys,,," or Underground in America from last studio CD, I am
not a musician, so I can't tell You details.

>: Samael

N. Evermind

Nov 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/28/98

Tomasz Kurnatowski wrote:

> On 24 Nov 1998 15:30:29 -0500, th...@butchered.sugar-river.net (Gringo
> Starr) wrote:
>

> >: If you can't hear it I can't explain it to you... Sorry.
> >
> >Not true. You could say something to the effect of "song X has a difficult
> >to play drum beat" or "song Y has a riff that is damn hard to play"...
>
> ok, if You wish: just listen to Message in Blood or Art of Shredding
> from "Cowboys,,," or Underground in America from last studio CD, I am
> not a musician, so I can't tell You details.

This is really ironic, since Pantera are neither art, nor do they shred. There
was Metallica, Exodus, and Slayer, and then 5 years later there was an ex-glam
band doing stuff like "the art of shredding" which they know nothing about.
Extremely dishonest music.

> Samael
>
> < sam...@sgh.waw.pl >
> < http://akson.sgh.waw.pl/~samael > (My Anathema site)

Gringo Starr

Nov 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/28/98
Tomasz Kurnatowski (sam...@sgh.waw.pl) wrote:
: On 24 Nov 1998 15:30:29 -0500, th...@butchered.sugar-river.net (Gringo
: Starr) wrote:

: >
: >: If you can't hear it I can't explain it to you... Sorry.
: >
: >Not true. You could say something to the effect of "song X has a difficult
: >to play drum beat" or "song Y has a riff that is damn hard to play"...

: ok, if You wish: just listen to Message in Blood or Art of Shredding
: from "Cowboys,,," or Underground in America from last studio CD, I am
: not a musician, so I can't tell You details.

Then how can you tell something is technical or not if you don't know the
"details"? Thats what technicality is all about...

Gringo Starr

Nov 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/28/98
N. Evermind (97s...@njc.edu.sg) wrote:

: This is really ironic, since Pantera are neither art, nor do they shred. There

: was Metallica, Exodus, and Slayer, and then 5 years later there was an ex-glam
: band doing stuff like "the art of shredding" which they know nothing about.
: Extremely dishonest music.

You sure they didn't make a sculpture or two with their old hairspray bottles?

N. Evermind

Nov 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/29/98

Gringo Starr wrote:

Well...you *might* have a point...

...and dont some people consider crotchless panties a form of "art"? I suppose
they're artists, then.

LucaPiombyYT

Feb 17, 2021, 4:12:39 PM2/17/21
Il giorno lunedì 16 novembre 1998 alle 09:00:00 UTC+1 DogmaRatt ha scritto:
> Kingdok wrote:
> >
> > Okay punk whoever you are dont you dare disparage Pantera. Either you haven't
> > heard Cemetery Gates, Hollow, Shattered, I'm Broken, Etc. (Poor Soul if you
> > haven't) Or you have no musical taste whatsoever. Next thing you know you'll
> > be telling everyone that Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, and Black
> > Sabbath are bad bands. Phil's vocals rival Rob Halfords and Axl Rose's, Rex is
> > a bassist to be reckoned with whose bass prowess is comparable to Steve Harris
> > or Cliff Burton. Vinnie Paul is the best thing to happen to drums since Neal
> > Peart or Lars Ulrich. Let's not forget Dimebag Darrel's ingenius guitar
> > skills. His riffs are so original that there isn't anything to compare him to
> > except maybe Randy Rhodes. So take your Pantera sucks stuff and shove it!
> LOL!! you're kidding, right? You're comparing Rex with Steve Harris and
> Cliff Burton!!?? Dimefag with Randy Rhoads!?! HAAAA!!!! HAAAAAA!!!!!
> Woo..that's a good one.......whew....
this message has 23 years
wow

Rainer Weikusat

Feb 18, 2021, 12:29:49 AM2/18/21
Doesn't seem much worthy of a revival.

Tempestuous Might

Jan 23, 2022, 9:52:15 PM1/23/22
On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 11:29:49 PM UTC-6, Rainer Weikusat wrote:

> Doesn't seem much worthy of a revival.

Yea really. Good to see you here Rainer I remember seeing your name at DMU.