Ritchie Blackmore bald?

Helmut Prodinger

Nov 24, 1993, 7:41:21 AM11/24/93
I find this very interesting that RB has a wig. Is he bald?
If yes, he shares that property with Jethro Tull's guitar player!

Well, he was born in 1945, and so it would be no wonder. He is the type
of getting bald. And his hair would never be black.

Is Blackmore his real name or a "nom de guerre". "More black";
black clothes, black stratocaster, black soul [I don't know].

Despite of his other qualities, it might not be that easy to live with
and aroung him.

He concentrated for some time on the violoncello.

I have an old video where he plays a red gibson semi acoustic!
Everybody envy?

Even my beloved YJM is privately most likely an "asshole".

I surrender!

Trond J. Strom

Nov 24, 1993, 8:31:36 AM11/24/93
In article <2cvkpi$k...@news-rocq.inria.fr>, prod...@margaux.inria.fr
(Helmut Prodinger) wrote:

> I find this very interesting that RB has a wig. Is he bald?
> If yes, he shares that property with Jethro Tull's guitar player!
>
> Well, he was born in 1945, and so it would be no wonder. He is the type
> of getting bald. And his hair would never be black.

Well, if you check pictures of him during the seventies, it would seem like
his hairline drew further and further back...then suddenly he starts
donning all this black curls... I don't know if his hair's all gone, but
there's probably less of it than what we see.

Concerning wigs, there's this amusing story from late Rainbow days. Chris
Glen, bassist of The Sensational Alex Harvey Band fame, was on tour with
the Michael Schenker Group. They happened to stay at the same hotel as
Rainbow in Japan, and everyone was hanging around in or about the pool.

Chris Glen after a while got really tired of watching a certain Rainbow
vocalist just standing by the poolside posing, and decided to dip him in.
So he did; there was a high scream, and Chris Glen much to his surprise
found himself standing with the aforementioned vocalist's hair in his
hands! ;-) (This was around 1982 or 1983, just for reference.)

> Is Blackmore his real name or a "nom de guerre". "More black";
> black clothes, black stratocaster, black soul [I don't know].

His name is Richard Harold Blackmore, if I'm not totally mistaken. So it's
his real name. He hasn't used a black strat since the early seventies, btw.

> I have an old video where he plays a red gibson semi acoustic!
> Everybody envy?

Really nice guitar this, he used it on all the Mk I recordings, and I think
the studio version of "Child in Time" is played on this guitar. It's also
featured on the "Concerto for Group and Orchestra". I think he uses it on
some of the tracks on the "Doing Their Thing" video from July 1970 as well,
but I can't quite remember. There's also pictures of Ritchie playing this
guitar on "Top of the Pops" for "Strange Kind of Woman" in early 1971.

> Even my beloved YJM is privately most likely an "asshole".
>
> I surrender!

BTW, didn't Yngwie play this one live when the aforementioned Rainbow
vocalist was in his band a couple of years ago?
--
Trond J. Strom t.j....@ub.uio.no

Richard Swann

Nov 24, 1993, 4:38:17 PM11/24/93
In <t.j.strom-2...@129.240.36.226> t.j....@ub.uio.no (Trond J. Strom) writes:

>In article <2cvkpi$k...@news-rocq.inria.fr>, prod...@margaux.inria.fr
>(Helmut Prodinger) wrote:

>> Is Blackmore his real name or a "nom de guerre". "More black";
>> black clothes, black stratocaster, black soul [I don't know].
>>
>His name is Richard Harold Blackmore, if I'm not totally mistaken. So it's
>his real name. He hasn't used a black strat since the early seventies, btw.

No it isn't

It's Richard Hugh Blackmore

I've had aural evidence from a friend of a friend who's met the Man In Black
in person!!!

Ritchie
--

__ _____ )___
,--,__________( \_/ \. /____) )__ ) )

Trond J. Strom

Nov 25, 1993, 4:15:29 AM11/25/93
In article <2d0k89$r...@titian.ecs.soton.ac.uk>, rp...@ecs.soton.ac.uk
(Richard Swann) wrote:

> In <t.j.strom-2...@129.240.36.226> t.j....@ub.uio.no (Trond J. Strom) writes:

> >His name is Richard Harold Blackmore, if I'm not totally mistaken. So it's
> >his real name. He hasn't used a black strat since the early seventies, btw.
> >>

> No it isn't
>
> It's Richard Hugh Blackmore
>
> I've had aural evidence from a friend of a friend who's met the Man In Black
> in person!!!

Er...Just remember your friend heard this from the lips of the same man
that says things like "I've heard the H-Bomb bootleg, and it's rather good.
Just a pity that one side of the album is just the sound of the stage
burning. We had a fire that night." (For those of you who haven't heard it,
this is naturally total bullshit.) ("H-Bomb" = "Space" = Aachen, Germany
1970; these days available on CD as "Made in Germany")

I'll see what sources I have the Harold middle name from - if they're
"official", I'd trust them more than the man himself. ;-)

ro...@satrpg.sat.tx.us

Nov 25, 1993, 5:58:52 AM11/25/93
Trond J. Strom (t.j....@ub.uio.no) wrote:
: >
<<<stuff deleted>>>
: His name is Richard Harold Blackmore, if I'm not totally mistaken. So it's
^^^^^^
Hugh
: >
: > I have an old video where he plays a red gibson semi acoustic!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Gibson ES-335

_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/
_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/ _/ _/_/_/
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/
_/ _/ _/ _/_/_/_/

Trond J. Strom

Nov 26, 1993, 11:12:09 AM11/26/93
In article <1993Nov25....@satrpg.sat.tx.us>, ro...@satrpg.sat.tx.us
wrote:

> Trond J. Strom (t.j....@ub.uio.no) wrote:
> : >
> <<<stuff deleted>>>
> : His name is Richard Harold Blackmore, if I'm not totally mistaken. So it's
> ^^^^^^
> Hugh

OK, two people claim this now, so I'll agree unless I find hard proof
saying otherwise!

> : >
> : > I have an old video where he plays a red gibson semi acoustic!
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Gibson ES-335

The "red gibson semi acoustic" quote actually wasn't written by me.

Richard Swann

Nov 26, 1993, 4:52:52 PM11/26/93
In <1993Nov25....@satrpg.sat.tx.us> ro...@satrpg.sat.tx.us writes:

>: > I have an old video where he plays a red gibson semi acoustic!
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Gibson ES-335

Hang on a minute, a Gibson ES-335 is a semi acoustic isn't it?

ro...@satrpg.sat.tx.us

Nov 27, 1993, 7:27:04 AM11/27/93
: wrote:

: > Trond J. Strom (t.j....@ub.uio.no) wrote:
: > : >
: > <<<stuff deleted>>>
: > : His name is Richard Harold Blackmore, if I'm not totally mistaken. So it's
: > ^^^^^^
: > Hugh

: OK, two people claim this now, so I'll agree unless I find hard proof
: saying otherwise!

I *believe* I read this in an issue of "Guitar Player" some years ago. I'll
try to find the source.

: > : >

: > : > I have an old video where he plays a red gibson semi acoustic!
: > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
: > Gibson ES-335
: >

: The "red gibson semi acoustic" quote actually wasn't written by me.

Sorry Trond.

More Blackmore guitar trivia ...

Blackmore played a Gibson ES-335 hollow-body guitar up until Deep Purple
recorded "Fireball". It was at this time that Blackmore was visiting at Eric
Clapton's house and became intrigued with a Fender Stratocastor Clapton had
laying around. The guitar's neck was badly warped (as Blackmore recalls) and
Clapton gave the guitar to Blackmore. Blackmore was heavily influenced by the
Stratocastor/Marshall set-up used by Hendrix.

Trond J. Strom

Nov 29, 1993, 2:49:36 AM11/29/93
In article <1993Nov27....@satrpg.sat.tx.us>, ro...@satrpg.sat.tx.us
wrote:

> More Blackmore guitar trivia ...
>
> Blackmore played a Gibson ES-335 hollow-body guitar up until Deep Purple
> recorded "Fireball". It was at this time that Blackmore was visiting at Eric
> Clapton's house and became intrigued with a Fender Stratocastor Clapton had
> laying around. The guitar's neck was badly warped (as Blackmore recalls) and
> Clapton gave the guitar to Blackmore. Blackmore was heavily influenced by the
> Stratocastor/Marshall set-up used by Hendrix.

I don't actually remember when Ritchie started using the black Stratocaster
(I was a bit youngish at the time :), but it most certainly was prior to
the Fireball album. He uses it on the "Doing Their Thing" video from summer
1970, and he "plays" it on the playback video for "Hallelujah" from 1969.

I'm pretty sure he used it live through most of the Mk I days (altering
between the Gibson ES-335 and this one); the guitar thrashing near the end
of Mandrake Root was always done with the black Strat, not with the Gibson.
Excactly when he started doing this with Mk I is another sake altogether,
as very little is known about their live performances. Hopefully the video
tapes of a Mk I show that's found recently is good enough to produce
something from, it would be really fun to watch/hear what a Mk I show
actually sounded like.

Eric Lee

Dec 2, 1993, 11:15:03 PM12/2/93
In article <t.j.strom-2...@129.240.37.120> t.j....@ub.uio.no (Trond J. Strom) writes:
>In article <1993Nov25....@satrpg.sat.tx.us>, ro...@satrpg.sat.tx.us
>wrote:
>
>> Trond J. Strom (t.j....@ub.uio.no) wrote:
>> : >
>> <<<stuff deleted>>>
>> : His name is Richard Harold Blackmore, if I'm not totally mistaken. So it's
>> ^^^^^^
>> Hugh
>
>OK, two people claim this now, so I'll agree unless I find hard proof
>saying otherwise!

OK, I'm trying really hard to track down a back issue of Guitar Player
magazine, the one featuring Wes Montgomery (it's old!). In the article
they give his full name and I'm almost positive that it was not Hugh.
Harold sounds better but that doesn't ring a bell either. If anyone
has a copy of this magazine the info is in there.

Eric Lee

wils...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2020, 1:06:29 AM3/19/20
-------------
His name is Richard Hugh Blackmore.

Serge Caelers

Mar 20, 2023, 8:16:35 AM3/20/23

Serge Caelers

Mar 20, 2023, 8:18:42 AM3/20/23
Op donderdag 19 maart 2020 om 06:06:29 UTC+1 schreef wils...@gmail.com:
Not a lot of people know this: Ritchie is actually a German. Really, he is! His name is Richard von Blechmoor!

Data Mentahan

Sep 22, 2023, 3:03:48 AM9/22/23
My name is Maggie Lawson, and I am very enthusiastic to join the Internet of Think study program at STIKOM University. I am very interested in the world of technology and how software can help solve real world problems.

Since young, I have had a passion for programming. I started learning my first programming language at the age of 18, and since then, I have never stopped learning and developing my skills. I've worked on several small projects and worked on several applications https://ateliersansfrontieres.org/, which helped me understand the software development process from start to finish.

I am very interested in learning concepts like web development, mobile app development and database management. I also believe that collaboration is the key to creating great software, and I am passionate about working in teams to tackle complex challenges.

While at university, I hope to deepen my understanding of various programming languages, software development methodologies, and also understand how to solve problems in software development effectively. In addition, I plan to engage in group projects and practicums to gain deeper practical experience.

Outside of academia, I enjoy exploring side projects, learning about the latest trends in the tech industry, and participating in developer communities. I also believe that continuous learning is the key to staying relevant in the rapidly changing world of technology.

I really enjoyed meeting my classmates, lecturers and professionals in the software industry. Let's explore this exciting world together and collaborate to create innovative solutions.