Grateful Dead- the best band to get us through COVID blues? (article)

JG

Dec 1, 2020, 8:18:43 PM12/1/20
Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <http://www.furious.com/perfect/index1120.html>, you'll find (among other things):

GRATEFUL DEAD
Comforters in COVID times, by John Dougan
"Digging into 70 hours of Europe '72: The Complete Recordings was easy because the original 3-LP release was the one Dead album I was never without and loved above all others. Even after finding out years later that the vocals benefitted from post-production sweetening and re-recording, my ardor for it remains undiminished. For me, this was the Dead at their live best, touring Europe for the first time under difficult circumstances, breaking in new keyboardist Keith Godchaux, while dealing with the rapidly declining health of vocalist/keyboardist/founding member Ron "Pigpen" McKernan"

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
Jason