Radio articles: Mainstream rock stations, Biltmore's WFHS

JG

Mar 31, 2021, 8:16:19 PM3/31/21
Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <http://www.furious.com/perfect/index0421.html>, you'll find (among other things):

MAINSTREAM ROCK RADIO
The problem at its core by Peter Crigler
"The concept of Mainstream Rock radio is quite confusing, particularly if you look at the format's history. It started out as essentially what we now call Classic Rock, before transforming into a juggernaut that included outdated bands like Seether, Five Finger Death Punch, Breaking Benjamin, and Three Days Grace. The fact that bands like these are still achieving success when other, better bands are struggling highlights how kind of irrelevant this whole format has become."

WFHS
Baltimore radio remembered by Daniel Hess
"For so many in Baltimore, WHFS had become a staple of alternative rock and a discovery source for emerging artists. Steve Khuon recounted a memory from his time listening to the station. "I bought my first Audioslave album after hearing ‘Like a Stone' on the station." The sudden loss of WHFS was a huge blow to the music scene in Baltimore, but what made the station so special?"

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
Jason