Bo Diddley interview, John Lennon's "Cold Turkey" (article)

1 view

JG

May 31, 2022, 11:22:23 PM5/31/22
Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <https://www.furious.com/perfect/index0622.html>, you'll find (among other things):

BO DIDDLEY
Interview with the rock and roll legend by Bob Gersztyn
"In 2006, Bo Diddley (AKA Ellas Bates McDaniel) performed a show where I live in Salem, Oregon. I attended the show, photographed it and interviewed Bo by telephone a week prior to the show. The story that he told me was fascinating and then, less than two years later he passed away in June 2008. He is a legend and was instrumental in the creation of the then new genre called rock and roll. He was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1987. His sound and style influenced everyone after him from Elvis Presley and Buddy Holly to the Rolling Stones as well as musicians in the 21st century."

JOHN LENNON
On the run with the "Cold Turkey" single by Kurt Wildermuth
"You twenty-first-century kids, with your digital files and search engines and Internet savvy, have no idea what it was like to hunt for rare vinyl records without much information to guide you. Nowadays, if you want to hear a particular song, you have it easy. To get a sense of how different things were when all we had was analog, come with me and the late John Lennon down a record-collecting rabbit hole, a hole filled with warrens."

We also have a Spotify playlist with most of the artists above here:
<https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5CkWiVZKXr78Q5ahK27hi6?si=5fda94e313a64d9f>

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
Jason