John Lennon's mid 70s & U2's connection to murder/madness- articles

1 view

JG

Jun 2, 2021, 10:55:50 PM6/2/21
Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <http://www.furious.com/perfect/index0621.html>, you'll find (among other things):

JOHN LENNON- reassessing his Yoko-less solo years by Kurt Wildermuth
"Some things never get their due. Consider John Lennon's "Aisumasen (I'm Sorry)," a track from his solo album Mind Games (1973). Some pop-rock music aficionados like to talk about "deep cuts," meaning worthy album tracks that get lost in the shuffle, and "Aisumasen" might be Lennon's deepest cut. Another hidden beauty is "Bless You," from Lennon's Walls and Bridges (1974). When was the last time you heard or heard about either of these songs?"

U2- 'Exit' and its murderous connections by David Chriko
"A few reasons, based on the presence of mainly psychotic mechanisms, can be crystallized as to why Robert Bardo shot to death actress Rebecca Schaeffer July 18th, 1989 in West Hollywood, Los Angeles and what relevance the music of U2 had."

We also have a Spotify playlist with most of the artists above here:
<https://open.spotify.com/playlist/083TeO0jHc6IDCZg8UhRhP?si=9eeade82d8de4706>

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
Jason