RUSH Hashanah: VH1 Classic: Rush Marathon on Jewish New Year!

1 view

Darrin

Sep 16, 2012, 5:49:38 PM9/16/12
Forget about the obvious play on words, it also doesn't hurt to have a
frontman who's a sweet Canuckian Jew!ehehe Yep, Geddy Lee was b. Gary
Weinrib. Thumbing my shnoz at alt.r-n-r.acdc's very own Jew-hating
Dave from Canaduh! ehe The same Dave who's still suffering from the
residual effects of SARS, Monkey Pox, and my sharp cursor tongue! LOL!
-D, NYC "When they liberated them, they thought they were the only
people left in the world. Can you imagine that? They thought they were
the few survivors. They were slowly informed that the world was still
going on. Then they couldn't understand why they were saved. How could
it happen? How could God let it happen? They gathered up what they
could and came to Canada. They were going to go to New York, but
someone said it was nice in Canada" - GEDDY LEE of RUSH, b. Gary
Weinrib, sweet Canuckian Jew, as told to Circus Magazine, 1977.."I
can't help feeling sorry, though, for an inventor who got cheated out
of having his name identified with his creation. The dirigible
airship, supposedly the creation of Count Zeppelin, was actually the
brainchild of an obscure Jewish inventor, David Schwarz, in 1892.
Before he could make his trial flight he died, and Count Zeppelin
bought the patents from his widow. If life were fair, we would really
point up to the sky whenever we see a Zeppelin and yell out, "There's
a Schwarz!" And of course then the rock group would also have to be
known as Led Schwarz!" eheeeee - excerpt from, "THE COMPLETE IDIOT'S
GUIDE TO JEWISH HISTORY AND CULTURE BY RABBI BENJAMIN BLECH".."New
York City is a friendly old town, from Washington Heights to Harlem on
down" - BOB DYLAN, b. Zimmerman, sweet Jew, "voice of a generation,"
Top 100 selling artist of all-time.."These Jewish blues brothers
founded the first major blues label" - LEONARD & PHILL CHESS, CHESS
RECORDS..."A hustle here and a hustle there, New York City is the
place where they said: hey babe, take a walk on the wild side" - LOU
REED (b. Rabinowitz, umpteenth sweet, Jewish NYer.."The most popular-
selling Christmas song, "White Christmas," was written by a Jew" -
IRVING BERLIN

Darrin

Sep 19, 2012, 5:14:18 AM9/19/12
Here's more on Geddy & his Jewish roots: "I was born in Willowdale,
Ontario. I was a quiet nebbishe kid. My parents were both Holocaust
survivors and emigrated here after the war. They basically arrived
with 10 bucks in their pocket...worked their way up to lower-middle
kind of income & raised me in the suburbs. When we first moved in we
were one of the first Jewish families to live in our neighborhood and
we were constantly living in terror with being beat up because of that
fact. It was an exciting time (sarcastic laughter). When I was 12, my
father passed away and I had to go to synagogue in the morning &
evening every day. I was not really allowed to listen to music. So
that whole year was devoid of what all the other kids were just
starting to get turned onto." - RUSH: BEYOND THE LIGHTED STAGE, 2010

Dave Mangin

Sep 22, 2012, 9:18:46 PM9/22/12
What's up Derwood? LOL. Long time no visit to amlz, see you're still
here stirrin' the pot and promoting NYC!!!!
ttyl,
Rufus

Darrin

Sep 24, 2012, 3:38:15 AM9/24/12
> here stirrin' the pot and promoting NYC!!!!> ttyl,> Rufus-

Davey, where's Goliath? LOL! You can call me Darwin or Derwood, just
don't call me the 2nd "Darrin" on t.v.'s "Bewitched!"ehehh Why settle
for second best? eh Why have Dick Sargent when you can have Dick York?
ehe So which Dick do you prefer? LOL! Yes, The NY Yid of Tid has
returned from his Jewish World tour of non-amlz newsgroups! ehehe
Actually, a made a few cameos (eh) within the prior months, and not
once did you ever respond! eh On a related note, did you see the photo
of Paul Ryan in a superimposed Zep tee, ala Bill Maher (mother is
Jewish)?eh Both he & Zep were featured in New Rules: "Paul Ryan has to
show us his birth certificate. He's an Ayn Rand fans who lifts weights
every day and worships Led Zeppelin." eh -D, NYC "What I took back,
because of my exposure to the Jewish music of the 30s and the 40s in
my upbringing with my father, was that kind of theatrical songwriting.
It was always a part of my character. This desire to make people
laugh" - PETE TOWNSHEND.."In New York, even if you're Catholic, you're
Jewish. If you live in Butte, Montana, you're going to be Goyish, even
if you're Jewish!" ehe - LENNY BRUCE, b. Leonard Alfred Schneider, LI,
NY, umpteenth sweet, Jewish NYer.."The pursuit of knowledge for its
own sake, an almost fanatical love of justice, and the desire for
personal independence - these are the features of Jewish tradition
that make me thank my stars that I belong to it" - ALBERT
EINSTEIN.."LA's fine but it's ain't home, New York's home but it's
ain't mine no more" - NEIL DIAMOND, umpteenth sweet, Jewish
NYer.."Einstein, James Dean, Brooklyn's got a winning team" - BILLY
JOEL (insert you know what here!eheh).."What a fabulous, fun, smart
post! I haven't been reading these ngs for very long but sometimes I
come across the comments and writings of people who have these
wonderfully quick and lively minds, full of fun and that ability to
see sideways and around things and sometimes, just old-fashioned
brilliant. It's so great to read and laugh and enjoy that spark!!" -
CORDELIA LEAR, online user describing yours truly!ehehe

Arouet

Sep 28, 2013, 11:20:29 AM9/28/13
On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 18:18:46 -0700 (PDT), Dave Mangin wrote:

> What's up Derwood? LOL. Long time no visit to amlz, see you're still
> here stirrin' the pot and promoting NYC!!!!
> ttyl,
> Rufus

I thought you were in TexASS.

w ;)