Winter tour coming up.

leo van miert

Sep 22, 2005, 5:55:04 PM9/22/05

Roaming Robots is about to start with their winter tour. I will be
competing in the whiteboard section, as opposed to the main competition.
The winter tour was a great success last year and a lot of people (both
audience and roboteers) had loads of fun and great fights. I hope this
year it will be just as entertaining or maybe even more so.

I will be in Portsmouth 8 and 9 october. Hannibal had a trial fight
today with Hard from Belgium and it is clear to me my drive train is in
perfect working order but my flipper needs work. Under my Full pressure
cilinder there was a cast ali swivel base and that broke clean off. So i
need to replace that wih a better one, probably a steel one or at the
very least cast iron. Hopefully we will have it all sorted within 2 weeks.

more info on the winter tour can be found on http://www.roamingrobots.co.uk

Julian Richards

Sep 23, 2005, 4:38:31 AM9/23/05

I think that I will spend my winter licking my wounds and preparing.
Wicksteed Park taught me two things.

1. What it's like for a robot to take a kicking.

2. How to try and avoid it happening again.

--

Julian Richards
usenet "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

www.richardsuk.f9.co.uk
Website of "Robot Wars" middleweight "Broadsword IV"

leo van miert

Sep 23, 2005, 5:02:50 PM9/23/05
Julian Richards wrote:

> I think that I will spend my winter licking my wounds and preparing.
> Wicksteed Park taught me two things.
>
> 1. What it's like for a robot to take a kicking.

I Learned that in my fight with THz last year.

> 2. How to try and avoid it happening again.

Train hard. Thats what i did. If it weren't for that mishap yesterday i
would have won that fight. Not that i expect to win all my fights (no
one does) but i do expect more wins this season than last. as long as
the material holds. It is a mechanical sport after all.

regards,

Leo van Miert.