"Knuckles" gets knocked out

dave smith

Sep 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/28/99
After waiting about 6 weeks we finally got our
entry forms at the begining of April. This left us
with the daunting task of building a working
viable robot in time for the auditions. But we did
manage to arrive at the auditions with a working
robot that was about 90% finished. At the auditions
quite a lot of the other robots were in pieces and incomplete
leading us to believe that we had a good chance to be
selected.
It came as a bit of a let down when we got our "dear jon"
letter that said we were not needed for R/W 3.
Some weeks later we got the "its been delayed letter"
The next letter we got was the "its now all been sorted letter"
asking if we still wanted to take part. JUBILATION!
This was short lived as we got a phone call a couple of
days later." we are very sorry there's been a mistake you
got the wrong letter, your not in" DESPAIR.
We got another letter this week, its the last two weeks
in October. There is nowhere to park at the venue and
no children under 10. So if I want to go as a spectator
I will have to go by train on my own.
I wonder how many other teams have a similar tale to
tell but are afraid to speak out.

Steve Turnbull's Robots

Sep 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/29/99
In message <37f2ba79...@news.clara.net>
sax...@clara.net (dave smith) wrote:

> [a sad tale]

> I wonder how many other teams have a similar tale to
> tell but are afraid to speak out.

eh? If they were not picked why would they be afraid to speak out?

(Do you really think that (a) Mentorn care and (b) they will consider who
posted when choosing next year's entrants? It may be true that "just because
you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you" but this is a bit
extreme.)

--
Steve Turnbull (rob...@turnbull.cix.co.uk)
Robots

nozza

Sep 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/29/99

Indeed - my team will be there filming. Du to a few last minute
chages, two of the team can't make it to filming, so I've got to go
instead (mainly because the team captain has a bad back) and just
think about all the posts I've done in the last, oh, 18 months or so,
ever since this NG was created. I'll be there on the 21st.

Nozza

benton

Sep 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/30/99
nozza wrote:

> Indeed - my team will be there filming. Du to a few last minute
> chages, two of the team can't make it to filming, so I've got to go
> instead (mainly because the team captain has a bad back) and just
> think about all the posts I've done in the last, oh, 18 months or so,
> ever since this NG was created. I'll be there on the 21st.

What is your team called?

Steve Turnbull's Robots

Sep 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/30/99
In message <37f29964...@news.freenetname.co.uk>
no...@usa.net (nozza) wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Sep 1999 19:55:02 +0100, Steve Turnbull's Robots
> <rob...@turnbull.cix.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >In message <37f2ba79...@news.clara.net>
> > sax...@clara.net (dave smith) wrote:
> >
> > > [a sad tale] I wonder how many other teams have a similar tale to tell
> > > but are afraid to speak out.
> >
> > eh? If they were not picked why would they be afraid to speak out?
> >
> > (Do you really think that (a) Mentorn care and (b) they will consider who
> > posted when choosing next year's entrants? It may be true that "just
> > because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you" but this
> > is a bit extreme.)
>

> Indeed - my team will be there filming. Du to a few last minute chages, two
> of the team can't make it to filming, so I've got to go instead (mainly
> because the team captain has a bad back) and just think about all the posts
> I've done in the last, oh, 18 months or so, ever since this NG was created.
> I'll be there on the 21st.

Frankly I don't think you'll make it out of there alive.

;-)

and Mrs

Oct 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/3/99
Ello Dave and all, my robot was one of the not so complete ones that was
there. Remember me and The Enigma, tracked thing in front of you. I still
can't believe knuckles didn't get in, not the best looking robot but it
worked. I also got the same series of strange letters.

I concur with Steve, I also agree Andrew Norton (Nozza) won't make it out of
the audience alive :-)

Seen as he still owes me either MS Pub or £15 fucking quid.

Andrew if you read this WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY.

I'll c u at the filming and you better have a good mate looking over you at
all times. :-)

Have A Nice Day

Dan
http://come.to/Team_Mr_E
Steve Turnbull's Robots <rob...@turnbull.cix.co.uk> wrote in message

Nick Lee

Oct 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/3/99
Do I want to know what all this about?

Nick Lee
ni...@thebaron.f9.co.uk
robotz...@bigfoot.com
========================
ICQ# 17633460
Fax +44(0)870 7060970
========================
Robotz Rule UK - Award -
Winning Robot Wars News.
come.to/robotzruleuk
========================

Daniel Rogers

Oct 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/4/99
Simple really Nick, nice Mr Norton offered some cut price software (read
between the lies here and no it's not stolen). I said yes, I had gotten on
really well with Andrew until this point thought I could trust him. Sent
off the cheque and according to Andrew the CD got lost in the post (yeah
right). I think he said he sent a second some time later which also got
lost (guess lightning must strike twice).

So I say let's forget it, just send me me money back and silence. Hmmmm,
just a little bit weird.

BTW he also said he'd be there at the 7oaks meet up and delivery the
software personally. Saturday comes, sister has to be picked up from the
airport. She was all of sudden coming back from somewhere (nowhere!) and
needed a ride which she needed to get off Andrew. Then Sunday comes still
no Andrew, I ask around at 7oaks and no-one had seen him. Well, well I say.

I tell some people there and they are not amused or surprised! It would
appear Nozza has made himself unpopular with some roboteers.

I thought he was a stand-up guy, even meet him in Leeds at a meet-up before
the deal.

Me not happy, me have to rattle some skulls and see what falls out. (£15
hopefully). And yes I know £15 isn't that much but it's mine. I really
needed the software in question at that time and failed to hand in an
assignment because of it.

Bottom line is, if you see Andrew tell him I'm looking for him.

Daniel
http://come.to/Team_Mr_E

Nick Lee <ni...@thebaron.f9.co.uk> wrote in message

Clint Sharp

Oct 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/5/99
In article <uwaK3.3600$M4.1...@nnrp4.clara.net>, Daniel Rogers <Team-
Mr...@freeuk.com> writes

>Me not happy, me have to rattle some skulls and see what falls out. (£15
>hopefully). And yes I know £15 isn't that much but it's mine. I really
>needed the software in question at that time and failed to hand in an
>assignment because of it.
As some great UK comic once said, 'It's not the principle, it's the
money'
--
Clint Sharp

dave smith

Oct 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/5/99
On Mon, 04 Oct 1999 23:13:30 GMT, "Daniel Rogers"
<Team...@freeuk.com> wrote:

>Simple really Nick, nice Mr Norton offered some cut price software (read
>between the lies here and no it's not stolen). I said yes, I had gotten on
>really well with Andrew until this point thought I could trust him. Sent
>off the cheque and according to Andrew the CD got lost in the post (yeah
>right). I think he said he sent a second some time later which also got
>lost (guess lightning must strike twice).
>
>So I say let's forget it, just send me me money back and silence. Hmmmm,
>just a little bit weird.
>
>BTW he also said he'd be there at the 7oaks meet up and delivery the
>software personally. Saturday comes, sister has to be picked up from the
>airport. She was all of sudden coming back from somewhere (nowhere!) and
>needed a ride which she needed to get off Andrew. Then Sunday comes still
>no Andrew, I ask around at 7oaks and no-one had seen him. Well, well I say.
>
>I tell some people there and they are not amused or surprised! It would
>appear Nozza has made himself unpopular with some roboteers.
>
>I thought he was a stand-up guy, even meet him in Leeds at a meet-up before
>the deal.
>

>Me not happy, me have to rattle some skulls and see what falls out. (£15
>hopefully). And yes I know £15 isn't that much but it's mine. I really
>needed the software in question at that time and failed to hand in an
>assignment because of it.
>

>Bottom line is, if you see Andrew tell him I'm looking for him.
>
>Daniel
>http://come.to/Team_Mr_E
>

>Nick Lee <ni...@thebaron.f9.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Do I want to know what all this about?
>>
>> Nick Lee
>> ni...@thebaron.f9.co.uk
>> robotz...@bigfoot.com
>> ========================
>> ICQ# 17633460
>> Fax +44(0)870 7060970
>> ========================
>> Robotz Rule UK - Award -
>> Winning Robot Wars News.
>> come.to/robotzruleuk
>> ========================

Daniel what is the software you need
Dave

Daniel Rogers

Oct 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/6/99
I needed Pub98 to finish an assignment, started on college machines which
use the 98 version and I had to finish it at home. Unfortunately I didn't
have 98 at home and I hadn't saved it as a lower version.

Although I no longer have the urgent need, I'd still like Pub98 or 2000 if
anyone's got it :-).

Byeeee.

Daniel
http://come.to/Team_Mr_E