Re: Robot Wars is coming back!

Chika

Sep 10, 2005, 8:39:40 PM9/10/05
In article <b8IUe.20995$fb.1...@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Robot Wars is coming back!

So you say. Perhaps some reference might be in order to back up your
claim. After all, rumours are easy enough to start on hearsay.

flobert

Sep 11, 2005, 1:41:25 AM9/11/05
On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 01:39:40 +0100, Chika <miy...@spam-no-way.invalid>
wrote:

Especially since Plotonicki likes to shout such things from the
rooftops, and hasn't.

leo van miert

Sep 11, 2005, 4:25:55 AM9/11/05
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
> Robot Wars is coming back!

No it isn't. Mentorn still has the rights for Robotwars and have made it
very clear not to make new episodes in the future. They sold their arena
and polycarb 2 years ago, the houserobots are still te property of the
BBC special effects department.

Battlebots however is indeed revived with a new venue in Rochester, NY
on the 24th and 25th of September.

http://www.battlebots.com/rochester2005.php

regards,

Leo.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Sep 11, 2005, 10:17:59 AM9/11/05
Thus spaketh Chika:

http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/entertainment/television/curseofbb_3.htm

"But earlier this month, Emma received a much-needed boost when she was signed
up to host the new series of TV's Robot Wars. Let's just hope she knows her
Sir Killalot from her Sergeant Bash."

For Free £10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or £5 when referred to
easyMobile contact me via above site.

Chika

Sep 13, 2005, 2:40:28 PM9/13/05
In article <r0XUe.50353$2n6....@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Thus spaketh Chika:
> > In article <b8IUe.20995$fb.1...@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
> > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> >> Robot Wars is coming back!
> >
> > So you say. Perhaps some reference might be in order to back up your
> > claim. After all, rumours are easy enough to start on hearsay.

> http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/entertainment/television/curseofbb_3.htm

> "But earlier this month, Emma received a much-needed boost when she was

> signed up to host the new series of TV's Robot Wars..."

I'll believe it when I see it

> "...Let's just hope she knows her Sir Killalot from her Sergeant Bash."

Doubtful

Julian Richards

Sep 13, 2005, 2:48:44 PM9/13/05
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:40:28 +0100, Chika <miy...@spam-no-way.invalid>
wrote:

I would really love it to be true, though. I've just come back from
Wicksteed Park where I took my usual beating. It was great fun but I
think that it needs to be fed the publicity that RW made. Likewise RW
would need the input that the live events give.

--

Julian Richards
usenet "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

www.richardsuk.f9.co.uk
Website of "Robot Wars" middleweight "Broadsword IV"