.:~ Chatty Bots ~:.

Dave

Nov 18, 2005, 10:36:32 AM11/18/05

Guy Macon

Nov 21, 2005, 10:41:57 PM11/21/05

We might as well talk about ChatBots; there isn't anything
happening with BattleBots...

leo van miert

Nov 22, 2005, 3:40:16 PM11/22/05

Au contraire. Battlebots has had a nice event at the Rochester Robot
Rampage last september.

And DRG has a nice event in Utrecht (holland) next weekend.

And Roaming Robots has the finals of the winter tour this weekend in
Folkestone (UK).

Plenty happening.

Guy Macon

Nov 22, 2005, 11:02:25 PM11/22/05

A few posts to alt.robotwars about these events would be nice...

leo van miert

Nov 23, 2005, 1:00:39 PM11/23/05
Guy Macon wrote:

>>Au contraire. Battlebots has had a nice event at the Rochester Robot
>>Rampage last september.
>>
>>And DRG has a nice event in Utrecht (holland) next weekend.
>>
>>And Roaming Robots has the finals of the winter tour this weekend in
>>Folkestone (UK).
>>
>>Plenty happening.
>

> A few posts to alt.robotwars about these events would be nice...

Stuff about Rochester you can find on the battlebots site.

As far as the upcoming events:

The finalists for RR in Folkestone after various prelimanaries are:

Heavyweight:

TAURUS
MERLIN
TAN
STORM 2
KRONIC
BEHEMOTH
CHOMPALOT
TERRORHURTZ (Defending champion)
RIPPER
BEAST
TANTO
BIG NIPPER

Featherweight:

ALPHA
RIP
STIFF BREEZE
SCORPION EVIL (Defendig champion)
LS2
BATTERBOT
PILLOW TORQUE
DB5
SURPRISE

For me the favorites for the championships are TAN and Storm II for the
heavyweights, and Scorpion Evil and Pillow Torque for the Feathers.

For the dutch event in Utrecht the following robots have been signed up:

(B) = Belgium
(NL) = Netherlands (holland)
(D) = Germany
(I) = Italy
(UK) = United Kingdom
(CH) = Switzerland

Featherweights:

Featherhard II (B)
Geelap (B)
Pizzabox (NL)
Plofbox (NL)
Schnappi (D)
YES (NL)
Tronic One (NL)
Hellfire (D)

Heavyweights:

Alien Destructor II (NL)
Ansgar (D)
Das Gepack (NL)
HARD (B)
Frollino (I)
Hammerhead 3 (NL)
Snakebite (CH)
Hannibal (NL)
Hades (B)
Three Amigos (NL) (Clusterbot)
Übervolt (NL)
Spike (NL)
Bender (NL)
Kan-Opener (UK)
CCW-01 (NL)
Twister (NL)
PulverizeR (NL)

Raptors:

Maniac (D)
Knotsgek (NL)
COnflict (D)

Hard to tell wich one i would put my money on, but i actually give
myself a decent chance with Hannibal. :) But Hard and Hades have proven
to be very good heavies too.

For the raptors i'd say Conflict, and the Feathers Hellfire or geelap.

Hope this helps a bit.

leo van miert

Nov 30, 2005, 1:47:36 PM11/30/05
leo van miert wrote:

[ Roaming robots winter tour Finals in Folkestone]

> For me the favorites for the championships are TAN and Storm II for the
> heavyweights, and Scorpion Evil and Pillow Torque for the Feathers.

Eventually the heavyweight title went to Kronic, a very good flipper.
The Featherweights quite surprisingly went to Stiff Breeze, a mini
version of Storm II. Well done to them.

[Dutch event in Utrecht]

> Hard to tell wich one i would put my money on, but i actually give
> myself a decent chance with Hannibal. :)

I ended up in the semi-finals where i lost against Kan Opener. That
robot squeezed the life out of and the top clean off of Hannibal. I lost
the flipperarm, the top strut that held the arm, and the back plate. And
becaue the removable link and receiver where attached to the strut they
didnt work anymore either. Well deserved victory for Kan Opener, i must say.

> But Hard and Hades have proven
> to be very good heavies too.

Hades ended up third. i was fourth cause i was unable to fight in the
bout for third place because of the damage i took in the semi's. Hard
ended up fifth, he didn't have as much points as me to go through to the
semi's.

The finals where between Hammerhead 3, a dutch full pressure flipper
with 4 wheel drive powered by 2 mags, and Kan Opener. After a minute of
chasing, bumping, squeezing, dodging and lining up, Hammerhead had the
chance he waited for and threw Kan Opener out of the arena. That made
Niels de Carpentier's robot the winner of the Dutchrobotgames open
championships 2005.

> For the raptors i'd say Conflict, and the Feathers Hellfire or geelap.

Conflict did in fact win the raptor class, and Hellfire got the
Featherweight trophy. This weightclass of robot is getting more and more
in fashion (for the lack of a better term) because it is more accessible
for younger roboteers as their first robot. its not so heavy so you can
still take them with you on a train of bus, and most parts are not so
expensive as the heavyweight ones. so more and more of there feathers
are showing up in events. I think that is great, and i hope these
roboteers will move on the heavies, when the time comes.

We had loads of fun. I believe the venue we held the event in was really
impressed with our arena (and so where we in fact). Chances are that we
will be asked for this event again next year. Hopefully with even more
space that we had this time so we can set up stands around the arena to
minimize crouds crushing each other just to get a glimpse of whats going
on in the arena.

With some minor improvements the arena will be a class 2, and some
bigger improvements will make for a class 1, but that requires to
reinforece the floor wich adds so much weight we might need a second
truck to move the arena parts. So that is not cost effective for us.

All in all i must say, this event put Robotfighting back on the map in
Holland. We had loads of media coverage, and spoke with several
different parties interested in setting up an event with DRG for the
coming year. I'll keep you posted if anything developes.

Regards,

Leo van Miert