Clinton--the public education messiah

1 view

Daniel Benson

Feb 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/17/97

It has been reported that President Clinton wants to spend something like
$2.45 Billion dollars to fund paid "volunteers" to go into public schools
and help eighth graders to be able to read up to their grade level. That
sounds like a truly noble expenditure of our tax dollars to many.
However, I have one question--if we suddenly need paid "volunteers" to go
into public schools and teach kids to read better, what in heaven's name
have their teachers been doing for eight years while these kids weren't
learning to read?

Doubtless Congress will go along with this charade because they will not
want the liberal media to paint them all as hard-hearted pariahs out to
deprive children of the chance to learn to read!

In the real world, if you or I had eight years to accomplish a task and
couldn't seem to get it done, we'd be fired. In public education, you
dont get fired--you get more high paid help to help you do what you
couldnt do on your own! And people wonder why some of us are cynical
about public "education." Remember, public schools are indoctrination
centers, NOT education centers.

I still have two newsletters available dealing with the foundations of
public education in this country. If interested send me a self-addressed
stamped envelope and ask for VIW #132 and 170. Send your requests to VIW
P O Box 1883 Arlington Hts, IL 60006.
Al Benson