Sharon: "We control America"

Debunks

Oct 3, 2001, 2:50:57 PM10/3/01
From: Islamic Association For Palestine - [mailto:iap...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 10:17 AM
Subject: [IAP NEWS] Sharon to Peres: don't worry about American pressure;
we control America

Assalamu'alaikum

Sharon to Peres: don't worry about American pressure; we control America

Occupied Jerusalem: 3 October, 2001 (IAP News)

An acrimonious argument erupted during the Israeli cabinet weekly session
last week between Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and his foreign
Minister Shimon Peres during which Sharon reportedly yelled at Peres,
saying "don't worry about American pressure, we control America."

According the Israeli Hebrew radio, Col Yisrael Wednesday, Peres warned
Sharon that refusing to heed incessant American requests for a cease-fire
with the Palestinians would endanger Israeli interests and turn the US
against us.

At this point, a furious Sharon reportedly turned toward Peres, saying
"every time we do something you tell me American will do this and will do
that I want to tell you something very clear, don't worry about American
pressure on Israel, we, the Jewish people control America, and the
Americans know it."

The radio said Peres and other cabinet ministers warned Sharon against
saying what he said in public because "it would cause us a public relations
disaster."

COMMENT: Only problem with this is that the IAP has no credibility here in
America. Yet the information is entirely consistent with what we know about
Ariel Sharon's personality. Take it for what it is worth.

Ken Lewis

Oct 3, 2001, 8:10:46 PM10/3/01
On 03 Oct 2001 18:50:57 GMT, deb...@aol.com (Debunks) wrote:

>COMMENT: Only problem with this is that the IAP has no credibility here in
>America. Yet the information is entirely consistent with what we know about
>Ariel Sharon's personality. Take it for what it is worth.

We already have - considering also the source that posted it.

David S. Maddison

Oct 3, 2001, 8:11:17 PM10/3/01
Debunks <deb...@aol.com> wrote:

[..]

: COMMENT: Only problem with this is that the IAP has no credibility here in

: America. Yet the information is entirely consistent with what we know about
: Ariel Sharon's personality. Take it for what it is worth.

Yep. Its worth nothing.

David Maddison

Debunks

Oct 4, 2001, 2:18:05 AM10/4/01
>Subject: Re: Sharon: "We control America"
>From: kle...@netbbistro.com (Ken Lewis)
>Date: 10/3/01 5:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time

Source>? So if I were to post a verbatim editorial from the NY Times, Ken
Lewis would declare it fraudulent because *I* posted it. Thanks for this brief
insight into your demented personality.

Joe Bruno

Oct 4, 2001, 6:32:45 AM10/4/01
deb...@aol.com (Debunks) wrote in message news:<20011003145057...@mb-cj.aol.com>...

The only things I know about Ariel Sharon's personality is that(1) he
does not trust the Palestinians or Arafat and (2)he is a hawk on the
PLO conflict and (3)he is totally dedicated to the welfare of Israel.
Frankly, I don't trust Arafat or his PLO, either.

Joe Bruno

David Gehrig

Oct 4, 2001, 8:21:01 AM10/4/01
Debunks wrote:

Thanks for the march of the straw men, not to mention a glimpse into
your ignorance of the word "editorial."

--
@%<

Robert E. Nordlander

Oct 4, 2001, 8:30:10 PM10/4/01
I was told Ha'aretz and/or The Jerusalem Post
carried the Sharon quote.

If anyone finds it there or somewhere else.
let me know.

RN

no...@famvid.com

Debunks

Oct 4, 2001, 10:43:29 PM10/4/01
>Subject: Re: Sharon: "We control America"
>From: no...@famvid.com (Robert E. Nordlander)
>Date: 10/4/01 5:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time

>I was told Ha'aretz and/or The Jerusalem Post
>carried the Sharon quote.
>
>If anyone finds it there or somewhere else.
>let me know.
>
>RN

I did not see it there, but I imagine someone will post it here if found. It
certainly is not beyond Sharon to make that sort of comment. Remember his
comments about "Israel doesn't answer to anyone?" We'll see where that
chutzpah leads in time....

SW

Oct 5, 2001, 12:35:11 AM10/5/01

Robert E. Nordlander <no...@famvid.com> wrote in message

> I was told Ha'aretz and/or The Jerusalem Post
> carried the Sharon quote.

Now don't you think that the Islamic Assn. for Palestine would have
trumpeted that if it were true?
I guess common sense isn't very common in your neck of the woods.

sw