Willi Mentz Testifies About Mass Murder in Treblinka

Daniel Keren

Oct 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/9/97

Willi Mentz testifies about his days in Treblinka
[Quoted in 'The Good Old Days' - E. Klee, W. Dressen, V. Riess, The
Free Press, NY, 1988., p. 245-247]
When I came to Treblinka the camp commandant was a doctor named Dr. Eberl.
He was very ambitious. It was said that he ordered more transports
than could be "processed" in the camp. That meant that trains had to
wait outside the camp because the occupants of the previous transport
had not yet all been killed. At the time it was very hot and as a
result of the long wait inside the transport trains in the intense
heat many people died. At the time whole mountains of bodies lay on
the platform. The Hauptsturmfuehrer Christian Wirth came to Treblinka
and kicked up a terrific row. And then one day Dr. Eberl was no
longer there...

For about two months I worked in the upper section of the camp and
then after Eberl had gone everything in the camp was reorganized. The
two parts of the camp were separated by barbed wire fences. Pine
branches were used so that you could not see through the fences. The
same thing was done along the route from the "transfer" area to the
gas chambers...

Finally, new and larger gas chambers were built. I think that there
were now five or six larger gas chambers. I cannot say exactly how
many people these large gas chambers held. If the small gas chambers
could hold 80-100 people, the large ones could probably hold twice
that number...

Following the arrival of a transport, six to eight cars would be
shunted into the camp, coming to a halt at the platform there. The
commandant, his deputy Franz, Kuettner and Stadie or Maetzig would be
here waiting as the transport came in. Further SS members were also
present to supervise the unloading: for example, Genz and Belitz had
to make absolutely sure that there was no one left in the car after
the occupants had been ordered to get out.

When the Jews had got off, Stadie or Maetzig would have a short word
with them. They were told something to the effect that they were a
resettlement transport, that they would be given a bath and that they
would receive new clothes. They were also instructed to maintain quiet
and discipline. They would continue their journey the following day.

Then the transports were taken off to the so-called "transfer" area.
The women had to undress in huts and the men out in the open. The
women were than led through a passageway, known as the "tube", to the
gas chambers. On the way they had to pass a hut where they had to hand
in their jewellery and valuables..

Ashen Peoples

Oct 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/9/97

Daniel Keren wrote:

> Willi Mentz testifies about his days in Treblinka
> [Quoted in 'The Good Old Days' - E. Klee, W. Dressen, V. Riess, The
> Free Press, NY, 1988., p. 245-247]
> When I came to Treblinka the camp commandant was a doctor named Dr. Eberl.
> He was very ambitious. It was said that he ordered more transports
> than could be "processed" in the camp.

A good doctor is worth waiting for. Just be patient.

> That meant that trains had to
> wait outside the camp because the occupants of the previous transport
> had not yet all been killed.

Proof of this?

> At the time it was very hot and as a
> result of the long wait inside the transport trains in the intense
> heat many people died.

More deaths, yet, eh?

> At the time whole mountains of bodies lay on
> the platform.

Whole mountains of bodies? Well, if you say so, it MUST be true.

> The Hauptsturmfuehrer Christian Wirth came to Treblinka
> and kicked up a terrific row. And then one day Dr. Eberl was no
> longer there...

What? Old Doc is gone?

> For about two months I worked in the upper section of the camp and
> then after Eberl had gone everything in the camp was reorganized. The
> two parts of the camp were separated by barbed wire fences. Pine
> branches were used so that you could not see through the fences. The
> same thing was done along the route from the "transfer" area to the
> gas chambers...

We wouldn't want people to be able to see the gas chambers, would we?

> Finally, new and larger gas chambers were built.

Jawohl. Bigger and better.

> I think that there
> were now five or six larger gas chambers.

You "think" there were? You just "think" this?

Feelings are not facts, sir. Remember that. You use "think" like "feel."

> I cannot say exactly how
> many people these large gas chambers held. If the small gas chambers
> could hold 80-100 people, the large ones could probably hold twice
> that number...

See how stupid this is? This is NOT testimony. This is lying. You can tell
from the words, "I cannot say exactly," "If the large gas chambers could hold
80-100," well, then, shucks, "the large ones could probably hold twice that
number."

Pure speculation. Nothing here that a court would even entertaint to allow in.
Except at Nuremberg where worse than this was considered all right.

> Following the arrival of a transport, six to eight cars would be
> shunted into the camp, coming to a halt at the platform there. The
> commandant, his deputy Franz, Kuettner and Stadie or Maetzig would be
> here waiting as the transport came in. Further SS members were also
> present to supervise the unloading: for example, Genz and Belitz had
> to make absolutely sure that there was no one left in the car after
> the occupants had been ordered to get out.

This is not proof of gassings. Just that a train stopped.

> When the Jews had got off, Stadie or Maetzig would have a short word
> with them. They were told something to the effect that they were a
> resettlement transport, that they would be given a bath and that they
> would receive new clothes. They were also instructed to maintain quiet
> and discipline. They would continue their journey the following day.

Nothing sinister here, except we know this story. We have heard it over and
over and over. We are supposed to assume they really did get the gas
treatment. Whereas, we cannot find any evidence of this, except for these
bizarre testimonies. It's not enough. We need buildings with gas residues, and
we have none. We need ashes, bones, teeth, the evidence that millions or even
just one or two persons died. There is always evidence in these cases. Why not
during the holocaust? Are we asking too much? I think not.

> Then the transports were taken off to the so-called "transfer" area.
> The women had to undress in huts and the men out in the open. The
> women were than led through a passageway, known as the "tube", to the
> gas chambers. On the way they had to pass a hut where they had to hand
> in their jewellery and valuables..

No proof that anyone was gassed. These prisoners had lice from their dirty
lifestyles.This lice had to be showered off and their clothing deloused to
allow them any chance of survival.

Your story is nothing but Kafa. You stole it, as did all the Jews who were put
up to this.

"If the Katyn Forest didn't happen because of the German soldiers, then
Auschwitz likewise didn't happen, either."

John Morris

Oct 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/10/97

In <343D7183...@chamber.com>, on Thu, 09 Oct 1997 19:06:27
-0500, the Newsdawg Troll posing as Ashen Peoples <g...@chamber.com>
wrote:

>Daniel Keren wrote:
>
>> Willi Mentz testifies about his days in Treblinka
>> [Quoted in 'The Good Old Days' - E. Klee, W. Dressen, V. Riess, The
>> Free Press, NY, 1988., p. 245-247]

[snip]

[mindless contradiction of Mentz's testimony]

>See how stupid this is? This is NOT testimony. This is lying. You can tell
>from the words, "I cannot say exactly," "If the large gas chambers could hold
>80-100," well, then, shucks, "the large ones could probably hold twice that
>number."

>Pure speculation. Nothing here that a court would even entertaint to allow in.
>Except at Nuremberg where worse than this was considered all right.

Mentz was not tried at Nuremberg. Mentz was not even tried by any of
the Allied powers. Mentz was tried in the Federal Republic Court of
Assizes in Duesseldorf in the first Treblinka Trial which concluded
September 3, 1965.

It is simply mistaken to invoke the idiot principle that the Nuremberg
Trials were utterly corrupted by the Soviets' behavior over the Katyn
issue, since the Treblinka Trials were held free of Soviet influence.

[snip]

>Nothing sinister here, except we know this story. We have heard it over and
>over and over. We are supposed to assume they really did get the gas
>treatment. Whereas, we cannot find any evidence of this, except for these
>bizarre testimonies. It's not enough. We need buildings with gas residues, and
>we have none. We need ashes, bones, teeth, the evidence that millions or even
>just one or two persons died. There is always evidence in these cases. Why not
>during the holocaust? Are we asking too much? I think not.

Even the so-called Institute for Historical Review is not so stupid as
to maintain the claim that "there is no evidence." As Mark Weber and
Andrew Allen note:

Jewish historian Rachel Auerbach, a member of an official
Polish commission that inspected the camp site in November
1945 -- that is, a few months after the end of the war --
reported finding large human bones, "rotted masses of
corpses," "pieces of half-rotted corpses," and "fully dressed"
corpses, at the Treblinka camp site. (note 62)

In the area where the gas chambers were supposed to have
been located, the commission's team of 30 excavation
workers reportedly found "human remains, partially in the process
of decay," and an unspecified amount of ash. Untouched sandy
soil was reached at 7.5 meters, at which point the digging was
halted. An accompanying photograph of an excavated pit reveals
some large bones. (note 63)

Poland's "Central Commission for Investigation of German
Crimes" reported that "large quantities of ashes mixed with
sand, among which are numerous human bones, often with the
remains of decomposing tissues," were found in the five acre
(two hectare) burial area during an examination of the site
shortly after the end of the war. (note 64)

[...]

62. R. Auerbach, "In the Fields of Treblinka," in: A. Donat,
ed., Death Camp Treblinka, pp. 19, 69, 71, 72.
63. Facsimile of report, Nov. 13, 1945, in: Biuletyn Glownej
Komisji... (Warsaw), Vol. 26, 1975, pp. 183-185. (Translation
provided to the author).; Note also photo of skulls and large
bones on p. 151. This is similar to the photo in: A. Donat,
ed., Death Camp Treblinka, p. 266.
63. Central Commission ..., German Crimes in Poland, Vol. 1,
pp. 96-97.

Weber and Allen's conclusion from this evidence is truly laughable,
however. Readers should visit

http://www.kaiwan.com/~ihrgreg/ihr/jhr/v12/v12p133_Allen.html

for the whole article.

So, aside from mindlessly gainsaying Mentz's testimony and parroting a
demented portmanteau principle for dismissing disagreeable historical
evidence, what has the Newsdawg Troll accomplished?

--
John Morris <John....@UAlberta.CA>
at University of Alberta <Scripture veteris capiunt exempla futuri>