Why Can "Scientists" Desecrate Old Graves

SevenOverSix

Sep 21, 2021, 12:03:21 AM9/21/21
TV has been crap lately. Been watching a lot of stuff
on NatGeo/History/Science/etc to fill the gaps. I now
have a question - WHY IS IT OK FOR "SCIENTISTS" TO
DESECRATE/ROB OLD GRAVES ???

Maybe they aren't making a direct profit, but STILL,
be it Egyptians or Babylonians or Vikings or WhomEver
they were buried in deference to their culture/religions
and as such such sites NEVER cease to be "sacred" no
matter WHAT the most popular religion of the day might
be. I see the same superior ATTITUDE as with the old
(usually Christian) tomb-raiders of centuries past -
who CARES what the pagan infidels thought was 'sacred'.

It's particularly bad with the old Egyptians - it was
their belief that the body HAD to be preserved in order
for the 'soul' to persist. The mummys exist for a good
religious reason.

And NOW it's all done for TV VOYEURISM.

19th century, "Mummy Unwrappings" were a big, money
generating" business - they'd get hundreds to buy
expensive tickets. No TV, but the same attitude.

It is NOT OK to dig up my Granny 5 years from now
or 500 years from now or 5000 years from now.