Satan is damed to the Lake of Fire!

0 views
Skip to first unread message

Riley March

unread,
May 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/30/98
to

Revelation 20:10

"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and
brimstone, where the beast and false are, and shall be tormented day and
night for ever and ever."

You serve a defeated god!

Alecto6

unread,
May 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/30/98
to

"Satan is damed..."? Damed...hmmm...is that like being knighted? =)

The Big Dude

unread,
May 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/31/98
to

Dear Sir,

Merry meet to ye. I would like to comment on your little passage. First of
all, we don't worship satan. there is no satan. Satan was concieved by the
first christians of one of the original greco-roman gods ( i forget which
one) and plugged in for fear elements. We wiccans believe in only good. We
are healers, helpers, and friends. We cause no harm unless provoked, and
even then everything we do is brought back upon us thrice, good or bad.
Please take this into consideration, and please do some research before
making your next flame.

Merry part to ye, and Blessed Be,

Adam Brisebois
Riley March wrote in message <6kqe33$l...@enews2.newsguy.com>...

Derae2

unread,
May 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/31/98
to

oh my Godddddddddessssssss

mike

unread,
May 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/31/98
to


Riley March wrote:

> Revelation 20:10
>
> "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and
> brimstone, where the beast and false are, and shall be tormented day and
> night for ever and ever."
>
> You serve a defeated god!

Some would say you do as well.

Mike

StormFyst

unread,
May 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/31/98
to

In article <6kqe33$l...@enews2.newsguy.com>, "Riley March" <rma...@ims-1.com>
writes:

>Revelation 20:10
>
>"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and
>brimstone, where the beast and false are, and shall be tormented day and
>night for ever and ever."
>
>You serve a defeated god!

FUNDIE ALERT! ACTIVATE ANTI-TROLL COMPENSATORY MEASURES! RELEASE THE DOGMA!
<sirens sounding>


Listen Riley (what a cute name), you haven't got the spiritual, emotional, nor
intellectual artillery to come into our NG and talk such garbage.


Your religion requires you to believe in such a being like Satan. Otherwise
your lovely pastors and other clergy would be in the poor house. Thus, they
gotta keep the Satanic Shindig going so you will FALL FLAT ON YOUR FACE IN
REPENTANCE FOR EVEN ENTERING THIS NEWSGROUP AND DONATE HALF OF YOUR SORRY
PAYCHECK TO THE GOLDEN OFFERING PLATE SO YOUR POMPADOUR-WEARING REVEREND CAN
GET HIS LEISURE SUIT OUT OF THE CLEANERS!

Now depart from my presence, go watch TBN and give till it hurts.


Just to prove you are Wicca Curious, I did not forward this letter to your
email account. I want everyone to see that you are a Troll who thrives off of
your sad devotion to that joke of an organized religion. You must come back,
it's in your nature.

"Broken is the promise BETRAYAL! The healing hand held back by the crooked
nail... FOLLOW THE GOD THAT FAILED!" Metallica

Now buzz off Riley.

Until the End of the World... I Remain
StormFÿst®
<h3><a href="http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Academy/3853/index.html">The Lair
of StormFyst</a></h3><br>
"You can't trust freedom when it's not in your hands..."

Radar

unread,
May 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/31/98
to

Well to the most of you I want to apologize for my ignorant on Wicca. I must
admit that it was a pretty "facetious". I assumed that you practiced
witch-craft. You may, I still am not for sure. I do know that witch-craft
is of Satan. I still will have to disagree with what you do believe and put
your faith in, but I am sure that you would and will do the same with me. I
am making this assumption by just what little response that I have gotten
from my e-mail. I would like to discuss this further with anyone in an
intelligent and orderly fashion. You all probable have many people post
things that are much more harsher that what I even posted so you have every
right to be apprehensive. For example StormFyst :) I will say before I
sign off , just for StormFyst behalf, this is not a sign of backing down
from what I believe in. Just telling you I am sorry for my approach.


Riley March wrote in message <6kqe33$l...@enews2.newsguy.com>...
>Revelation 20:10

Radar

unread,
May 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/31/98
to

Radar is Riley
I forgot to specify that. Sorry!

Riley March wrote in message <6kqe33$l...@enews2.newsguy.com>...
>Revelation 20:10
>
>"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and
>brimstone, where the beast and false are, and shall be tormented day and
>night for ever and ever."
>

StormFyst

unread,
May 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/31/98
to

In article <6ks79j$a...@enews3.newsguy.com>, "Radar" <rma...@the-pentagon.com>
writes:

>Well to the most of you I want to apologize for my ignorant on Wicca. I must
>admit that it was a pretty "facetious".

You still sound ignorant.


>I assumed that you practiced
>witch-craft. You may, I still am not for sure.

Most of us do. Do you practice grammar? I'm not sure.

> I do know that witch-craft
>is of Satan.

Are you sure of that? Satan is an evil entity you Christians worship.
(believe it or not, you do. You must believe in him, therefore, you worship
him)


>I still will have to disagree with what you do believe and put
>your faith in, but I am sure that you would and will do the same with me. I
>am making this assumption by just what little response that I have gotten
>from my e-mail.

You know what happens when you assume?

> I would like to discuss this further with anyone in an
>intelligent and orderly fashion.

Well, at least one of us will.

>You all probable have many people post
>things that are much more harsher that what I even posted so you have every
>right to be apprehensive.

More harsher? I noticed this is Sunday...were you in a hurry to get to Sunday
School or what?

>For example StormFyst :) I will say before I
>sign off , just for StormFyst behalf, this is not a sign of backing down
>from what I believe in. Just telling you I am sorry for my approach.

This is definitely "not a sign of backing down". No no no. Of course not. You
were just being silly for even bothering us with your trollish antics. Shame
on you Riley.

Do yourself a favor: Don't visit my webpage. It will destroy your
ignorance...Goddess knows we don't want that, do we?

Next time, load your brain before you shoot off your mouth.

annew

unread,
May 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/31/98
to

Riley March wrote in message <6kqe33$l...@enews2.newsguy.com>...
>Revelation 20:10
>
>"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and
>brimstone, where the beast and false are, and shall be tormented day and
>night for ever and ever."
>
>You serve a defeated god!
>

Hmmmmm, considering this devil, or Satan, is a Christian invention (to my
way of thinking), I am confused as to what that quotation has to do with
this NG anyway :-)

Blessed be,

annie

"A poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more:
it is a tale told by an idiot,
full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing."

Macbeth, Act V, Scene 5.

Kitty News

unread,
May 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/31/98
to

Riley March wrote in message <6kqe33$l...@enews2.newsguy.com>...
>Revelation 20:10
>
>"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and
>brimstone, where the beast and false are, and shall be tormented day and
>night for ever and ever."
>
>You serve a defeated god!


I was raised christian and came to realise that the whole belief system was
riddled with holes. A god that is loving and caring...yet vindictive and
jealous? A god that can't admit when he'd created commandments that might be
considered unreasonable so he has to send his son to die for his followers
sins just so he could save face? The book you quote from is written by
men...about demons designed, in my opinion, to scare people into being their
definition of good.

Your mythos states that god wants people to come to him of their own free
will -- otherwise, he wouldn't have given them free will. It stands to
reason he wouldn't want them badgered or frightened into it, after all:

If a person isn't free to choose his own path -- how can you be certain of
his sincerity?

So this is my path. This is my choice.

Yet those of us who make the choice to follow this path are subjected to
this sort of harrassment?

I turned my back on Christianity because of this hypocrasy.

May you find the path that calls your name...not your number.

Xan


janet

unread,
May 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/31/98
to

In article <6ks79j$a...@enews3.newsguy.com>, Radar <rmarch@the-

pentagon.com> writes
>Well to the most of you I want to apologize for my ignorant on Wicca.

>I must
>admit that it was a pretty "facetious". I assumed that you practiced
>witch-craft. You may, I still am not for sure. I do know that witch-craft
>is of Satan.


Really?

Why?

(This is another christian asking, btw...).

> I still will have to disagree with what you do believe and put
>your faith in,

Do you KNOW what Wiccan's beleive and put their faith in?

> but I am sure that you would and will do the same with me. I
>am making this assumption by just what little response that I have gotten

>from my e-mail. I would like to discuss this further with anyone in an
>intelligent and orderly fashion.

Um, telling people that they are "of satan" is perhaps NOT the best way
to begin such a discussion, though...

> You all probable have many people post
>things that are much more harsher that what I even posted so you have every

>right to be apprehensive. For example StormFyst :) I will say before I


>sign off , just for StormFyst behalf, this is not a sign of backing down
>from what I believe in. Just telling you I am sorry for my approach.
>

There can certainly be intelligent and friendly discussion here, "even"
between christians and those who follow other paths.

But the ONLY way to accomplish that is to say, "This is what I beleive,"
NOT, "what you beleive is wrong".

You may well feel that those who do not beleive as you do ARE wrong.
That's fine: it is part and parcel of many people's faiths that theirs
is the only/best way, and you will find those here who espouse such
ideas, even within paganism, (oh, yes, you will!! She says, pulling on
asbestos suit... ). ;)

We are (mostly) adults here, so let's start off from there, and see
where we end up, ok? ;)
--
janet

Time bears away all things, even the mind....
Virgil

Mabon *

unread,
May 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/31/98
to

Your spelling shows your intelligence.

madd...@hotmail.com

unread,
Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98
to

In article <6kqe33$l...@enews2.newsguy.com>,

"Riley March" <rma...@ims-1.com> wrote:
>
> Revelation 20:10
>
> "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and
> brimstone, where the beast and false are, and shall be tormented day and
> night for ever and ever."
>
> You serve a defeated god!
>
>

Who does? Anyone serving the devil here? Please step forward.
*waits*
*waits*
*waits*


Nobody here does. In fact, I don't even beleive in the devil, so how exactly
do I serve him?


How about this...*you* *fear* *what* *you* *do* *not* *understand*
and *you* *are* *too* *lazy* *and* *ignorant* *to* *try* *to*
*understand*


It would be one thing if I said I served Satan. If I did, If I claimed to be
a Satanist, then you would have a point. But, *I do not beleive in a being
called Satan, nor any being that is pure evil & forever trying to -tempt- me*

Why can't you understand this???!!!

--Amie

-----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

janet

unread,
Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98
to

In article <6kt89u$26f$1...@newsd-102.iap.bryant.webtv.net>, Mabon *
<Dev...@webtv.net> writes
>Your spelling shows your intelligence.


Um, no.

That's not true, on a number of levels, because there is always the
possibility that English is not someone's first language.

Further, people who are dyslexic spell poorly, but tend to have a
slightly HIGHER level of intelligence than the "average".

It's just a point, but it is an important one.

As someone who has trouble spelling in English, let alone in the one
other language I speak, (hangs head, is not pleased to have to say she
only speaks two languages...), I thought this needed clarifying! ;)

Daniel B. Holzman

unread,
Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98
to

In article <6ks79j$a...@enews3.newsguy.com>,

Radar <rma...@the-pentagon.com> wrote:
>Well to the most of you I want to apologize for my ignorant on Wicca. I must
>admit that it was a pretty "facetious". I assumed that you practiced
>witch-craft. You may, I still am not for sure. I do know that witch-craft
>is of Satan.

You are misinformed.


HOOPTY2112

unread,
Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98
to

<sarcasm on>

Why gee, I am just floored by your ability to quote the Bible----I never knew
that verse was in the Bible. I feel so illuminated and informed that I think
I'll go convert and start handling rattlesnakes right now.

<sarcasm off>

Please inform yourself before you spew on. It's a completely different religion
with a whole new cast of religious characters. It's no more Satanic than
Hinduism.


HOOPT...@aol.com********************************************************
********************

Marcus: "Maybe I can put a bucket on my head and pretend to be the Vorlon god
Booji
Ivanova: "That's it!!"
Marcus: "I'll go get the bucket" --from "Voices"

Leland

unread,
Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98
to

On Mon, 01 Jun 1998, madd...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>Who does? Anyone serving the devil here? Please step forward.
>*waits*
>*waits*
>*waits*

hmm.. there's a nightclub in town that serves the devil on Thursday night.. if
you survive the effects, the drink is on the house :)

--
Leland E. Vandervort | Sr. Network Engineer
lel...@discpro.org / lel...@innotts.com | internet in nottingham, ltd
http://www.discpro.org/~leland/ | http://www.innotts.co.uk/
Undernet NA Routing-Com Secretary | +44 (0)115 956-2288
------------------------------------------------------------------------
UK KDE Web Site Mirror Maintainer: http://kde.innotts.com/
IRC Operator: (Undernet) Baltimore, London, Ann-Arbor
IRC Operator/Admin/Services Coder: (KidsWorld) Notts.UK.EU.KidsWorld.Org


Mabon *

unread,
Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98
to

There, you see! His spelling DID show his intelligence!

Kee...@webtv.net

unread,
Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98
to

Dear Riley,

Faith and religion are the two most civilising factors in the world.
Which make them in the eyes of mankind good. They can however, be used
for evil Which are you doing.

Are you prostelising for the glory of the lord god Adonai? Or are you
doing it because your minister and church elders say that Wiccans are
Evil?

(Just in case you don't know, Adonai is only one of the names of the
christian God, used more in Sinagouge, than in the sanctuary)

If you will continue reading in the book of Revelations, you will Also
learn that Knowing God is not the same as being known to him. So think
about your motivations. If Adonai wants them, believe me, he'll let them
know. I speak from the words of experience.

I was a Pagan, but I started to see patterns, and cycles (like every
neonate is taught to) and things kept happening. I may not be wholly
christian, but I am no longer fully pagan. I find no sin in their faith,
how could I- being a Gentile? (I.e. Hebrew for "Pagan" or " convert")

Besides, who are you to judges? They may be known to god, and even if
they do not belive, that alone COULD be their salvation. Do not presume
to usurp God's Grace or his Wrath. You are just a lowly little human
like the rest of us, born a sinner--like the rest of us.

Blessing of your God be upon you, which ever He or She may Be.

In Light and Laughter
Keevan

Shena Delian O'Brien

unread,
Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98
to

Kee...@webtv.net wrote:
>
> like the rest of us, born a sinner--like the rest of us.
>

Maybe you were born a sinner - but I wasn't. ;)

--
** Shena Delian O'Brien **
Co-Founder, Web Guard - http://www.darklock.com/webguard/
The Graphics Kitty! - http://www.darklock.com/abstract/
or The Graphics Bug! - http://www.darklock.com/graphbug/
Fantasy Age - http://www.darklock.com/fantasy/
** Visit a Darklock Site! **

madd...@hotmail.com

unread,
Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98
to

Point taken, janet :) I think this person was making reference to the
tendency of the *unfriendly* and forceful types of christian zealots to not
only be ignorant of other religions, beliefs, and truths, but also their
grammar and spelling :). I mean, everyone has gotten those silly chain
letters saying "You whill burn in the fires of HELL, becawse you our a SINNER
and fornicate against the light of GOD! blah blah blah."

The other thing is, you would think that one who preaches such things would
know how to spell "damned," English-speaking or no.

I would rephrase the person's rebuttal (LOL) to:

Your spelling reflects on your ignorance.

what do you think??

BB,
Amie

p.s. By the way I commend your open-mindedness here...it is quite
refreshing :)

In article <BwqbmuAr...@allestree.demon.co.uk>,

janet

unread,
Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98
to

In article <6l016u$9a4$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, madd...@hotmail.com
writes

>Point taken, janet :) I think this person was making reference to the
>tendency of the *unfriendly* and forceful types of christian zealots to not
>only be ignorant of other religions, beliefs, and truths, but also their
>grammar and spelling :). I mean, everyone has gotten those silly chain
>letters saying "You whill burn in the fires of HELL, becawse you our a SINNER
>and fornicate against the light of GOD! blah blah blah."
>

If it's any comfort, I got a very SPECIFIC one, which from internal
evidence couldn't have been a chain letter, telling me much the same
thing, and about how pleased my "master, Satan" must be with me....

I sent it back, thanking the poster for their concern *, and reminding
them (gently I hope) about the mote and logs verse... grin...

>The other thing is, you would think that one who preaches such things would
>know how to spell "damned," English-speaking or no.

Um, (thinks...) I couldn't be SURE how many "n's" there are in the
Italian word. Now, I didn't preach in Italy (like fun did I preach: in
ITALY??), but I DID translate a lot....?

>
>I would rephrase the person's rebuttal (LOL) to:
>
>Your spelling reflects on your ignorance.
>
>what do you think??

Um, (squirms) I'm afraid I still don't like it, sorry! It could be
because I'm sensitive to learning support issues, but seeing that bad
spelling can be a lot more than a sign of laziness and ignorance, I'd be
tempted to just forgo it.... sorry!

>
>BB,
>Amie
>
>p.s. By the way I commend your open-mindedness here...it is quite
>refreshing :)

Grin.... HERE, I'm open minded. In the catholic ngs, I can get a bit
testy, but only when people say, "The church says THIS" when it clearly
doesn't. Even then, I only get annoyed the third or fourth time! ;)
>

--
janet *Yes, I know I just used a plural pronoun for a singular noun. As an
opponent of the universal male pronoun, it's about all I can do! Well, it's
not, but it's 7 am and I didn't THINK about hir.... ;)


Tony Veca

unread,
Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98
to

Shena Delian O'Brien wrote in message <35735C5F...@darklock.com>...


>Kee...@webtv.net wrote:
>>
>> like the rest of us, born a sinner--like the rest of us.
>>
>
>Maybe you were born a sinner - but I wasn't. ;)
>


Personally I like Robert A. Hienlien's take on sin from The Notebooks of
Lazarus Long.

"The definition of sin is intentionally hurting others. Hurting yourself isn't
sinful, just stupid."

==========
When one is frightened of the truth . . . then it is
never the whole truth that one has an inkling of.
-- Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)
Austrian philosopher. Notebooks 1914-1916
(ed. by Anscombe, 1961), entry for 15 Oct. 1914.
==========
Tony Veca
tv...@gte.net


Kee...@webtv.net

unread,
Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98
to

Disclaimer:

Definition of "sin" in the Lexicon of Keevan:

Anything you do that you know is karmically stupid whether intentional
or not.


Okay, I was only talking about things from his perspective. To the
Fundi's way of thought we are sinners. I do not personally agree. I DO
tend to screw-up a lot, but not all of those are "sin".

I mean if I had to ask for forgivness for all my "Sins" I'd be kneeling
for a REALLY long time.

My apologies to Wiccans, Pagans, and other assorted "heathen" (like
myself) who were offended by my earlier post.

I intended no slight.

Brightest blessings in light and laughter,

Keevan
Semi-Xtian Neo-Heathen

madd...@hotmail.com

unread,
Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98
to


> Um, (squirms) I'm afraid I still don't like it, sorry! It could be
> because I'm sensitive to learning support issues, but seeing that bad
> spelling can be a lot more than a sign of laziness and ignorance, I'd be
> tempted to just forgo it.... sorry!


he he okay. Actually, I have a learning disability, so I *can* relate in some
ways. I personally have a pet peeve about spelling, however, I am not always
perfect in grammar :). (You'll find that I have a weakness with 'ie' words, I
can never remember which is which...their thier, beleive, believe!)

You know what I really can't stand, though? When you're in a group, or a chat
room, or even email, and you make a couple typos...and people flip out. I'm
sorry, but if I type a whole sentence & notice I missed an 'e' in the
beginning, so what? It's just informal conversation!, not a resume!

ah well. I guess it's just a 'lst cause' :)

BB,
Amie

John & Jomil Mulvey

unread,
Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98
to

Actually, the literal definition of sin is to "aim at a target, and miss."
I am sure that I have done that (both metaphorically and actually many
times in my life- what I don't buy is a God worthy of taking seriously,
much less my worship who would condemn me for it.
--
Mother, -not Maker
Born and not made...
Algernon- -Charles Swinburne

janet

unread,
Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98
to

In article <6l156l$mh5$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, madd...@hotmail.com
writes

>
>
>> Um, (squirms) I'm afraid I still don't like it, sorry! It could be
>> because I'm sensitive to learning support issues, but seeing that bad
>> spelling can be a lot more than a sign of laziness and ignorance, I'd be
>> tempted to just forgo it.... sorry!
>
>
>he he okay. Actually, I have a learning disability, so I *can* relate in some
>ways. I personally have a pet peeve about spelling, however, I am not always
>perfect in grammar :). (You'll find that I have a weakness with 'ie' words, I
>can never remember which is which...their thier, beleive, believe!)
>
>You know what I really can't stand, though? When you're in a group, or a chat
>room, or even email, and you make a couple typos...and people flip out. I'm
>sorry, but if I type a whole sentence & notice I missed an 'e' in the
>beginning, so what? It's just informal conversation!, not a resume!
>
>ah well. I guess it's just a 'lst cause' :)
>

Huge grin.......

I know! I know tutors like that, as well: one typo, and they HAND THE
ESSAY BACK! Hello???????

I can't cope with that. Yes, I will point them out, (and I get almost
IRONIC about people who misuse apostrophes time after time after time...
and I get bleary eyed when people don't put the PAGES IN ORDER!!), but
mainly because I won't be the only tutor people will ever have!

But I type much quicker than I spell.... grin.........


>BB,
>Amie
>
>-----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==-----
>http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

--

Shez

unread,
Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98
to

In article <6l156l$mh5$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, madd...@hotmail.com
writes
>
>
>> Um, (squirms) I'm afraid I still don't like it, sorry! It could be
>> because I'm sensitive to learning support issues, but seeing that bad
>> spelling can be a lot more than a sign of laziness and ignorance, I'd be
>> tempted to just forgo it.... sorry!
>
>
>he he okay. Actually, I have a learning disability, so I *can* relate in some
>ways. I personally have a pet peeve about spelling, however, I am not always
>perfect in grammar :). (You'll find that I have a weakness with 'ie' words, I
>can never remember which is which...their thier, beleive, believe!)
>
>You know what I really can't stand, though? When you're in a group, or a chat
>room, or even email, and you make a couple typos...and people flip out. I'm
>sorry, but if I type a whole sentence & notice I missed an 'e' in the
>beginning, so what? It's just informal conversation!, not a resume!
>
>ah well. I guess it's just a 'lst cause' :)
>
>BB,
>Amie
>
>-----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==-----
>http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading
Sometimes spelling is also related to such things as dyslexia, I suffer
from that myself, and know the problems it causes, so I never assume
that because someone cant spell, that they are being lazy,
I have problems with and any letter with a leg, like dpltjb I tend to
get them confused. and doubt their there ect get me everytime to.
--
NOTICE: This e-mail address is being spoofed on USENET. Obvious trolls and
needlessly incendiary remarks should be ignored. All authentic
messages from this address will bear this disclaimer, although spoofed messages
may as well.
Shez sh...@oldcity.demon.co.uk
The 'Old Craft' lady http://www.oldcity.demon.co.uk/
------------------------------------------------------------------

Eideard Na Rosaich

unread,
Jun 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/5/98
to

On Wed, 27 May 1998, Steve Ricard wrote:

> Ya know....some of us should write a book that we can quote from.
> Hay Yooo you with the bible.....quoting form something that is a bunch of
> garbage written by a bunch of disfunctional old men with control issue
> problems, is not presenting an argument its being a pain in the ass. By the
> way, Zippy the Pin Head, you guys invented the devil so you could have
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> something to blame your bad behavior on. Can't even take ownership of your
> own stuff

Slander, slander... I didn't invent him.
However, I do have a book to quote from... well, I don't cos I leant it
to a friend, but I think I can just about remember the message. It was
about Locuses (Not them buzzy things that eat crops) and comes from
Vivienne Crowley's book "Wicca: The old religion in the new millenia".
It goes something about how a locus is something to do with what you
think controls your life. Clever people tend to have an internal locus,
if they do good they praise themselves, if they do bad they feel shitty.
Simple people (That means dumb asses) have an external locus, when they
do good they assume some divine force is touching them from the outside,
and when they do bad they "pass the buck" to some external force (Such as
Satan). This is the theory that led to the Burning Times.

Love and blessings,
Dr Zip.

==============* Dr Zip, the crap witch of the West (Midlands) *===============
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Cavern/5244/
telnet://talker.com:5002
mailto: na_ro...@hotmail.com
==============================================================================
"Americans travel south of the border to buy cheaply from a backward country."
"Canadians do the same."

Mike Hammond

unread,
Jun 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/7/98
to

Riley March <rma...@ims-1.com> wrote:

: You serve a defeated god!

Well, at least we don't EAT our god! +;)

--
Cardinal Fang +The Divine Fox+ ho...@access.digex.net
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I found Jesus, and He said: "Tag, you're it!"

Eideard Na Rosaich

unread,
Jun 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/8/98
to

Where in the Bible does it say that Satan will have to wear a Pantomime
dress in the lake of fire?

Love and blessings,
Dr Zip.

==============* Dr Zip, the crap witch of the West (Midlands) *===============
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Cavern/5244/
telnet://talker.com:5002
mailto: na_ro...@hotmail.com
==============================================================================

"The meek shall inherit the earth..."
"To the rest, belong the stars."

Michael Smith

unread,
Jun 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/8/98
to

Apparently, on Mon, 8 Jun 1998 13:13:21 +0100, Eideard Na Rosaich (a...@coventry.ac.uk) wrote:
: Where in the Bible does it say that Satan will have to wear a Pantomime
: dress in the lake of fire?

A better question: where does it say in the Bible that Satan is damned to
a lake of fire?

Or maybe Tammy is talking about the NEW Bible, which includes three
additional books: The Inferno, The Purgatory, and The Paradise, all by
Dante.

Blessed Be,
Michael Smith

For reliable information on paganism, magick and witchcraft, start
with The Witches' Voice: http://www.witchvox.com/

Save Witches' Brew! http://www.witchs-brew.com/letter.html

Save the Internet! Kill The Cybersitter!
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/5341/freedom.html

Terry, Sylvia, and Bettijean

unread,
Jun 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/8/98
to


Michael Smith wrote:

> Apparently, on Mon, 8 Jun 1998 13:13:21 +0100, Eideard Na Rosaich (a...@coventry.ac.uk) wrote:
> : Where in the Bible does it say that Satan will have to wear a Pantomime
> : dress in the lake of fire?
>
> A better question: where does it say in the Bible that Satan is damned to
> a lake of fire?
>
> Or maybe Tammy is talking about the NEW Bible, which includes three
> additional books: The Inferno, The Purgatory, and The Paradise, all by
> Dante.
>

Since the persona of Satan was created by Christian Theologists some 9 to 12 hundred years after
the birth of the gentle Rabbi Christ to replace the abstract idea Shaitan, there is no reason
they shouldn't also create an imaginary lake of fire to put their imagainary persona into. Now,
if this tends to sound like circular logic, well, it is, it is hard not to fall into the central
patterns of logic of any faith you discuss or debate.

DragonSkye

unread,
Jun 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/8/98
to

In article <357C1887...@swbell.net>, "Terry, Sylvia, and Bettijean"
<slo...@swbell.net> wrote:

Revelations 20:14+15 (or Apocalypse 20:14+15, depending on your translation)

"(14) And death and Ha'des <Hell in other trans. -JW-> were hurled into
the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire. (15)
Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life was hurled


into the lake of fire"

-New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures

Since the xtian devil supposedly lives in Hell (or Hades or whatever) he
is also thrown into the lake of fire along with it.

(Please note that even though I know my scripture, I *AM* a pagan. I was
just raised in a xtian houshold)

Terry, Sylvia, and Bettijean

unread,
Jun 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/8/98
to

DragonSkye wrote:
>
>
> Revelations 20:14+15 (or Apocalypse 20:14+15, depending on your translation)
>
> "(14) And death and Ha'des <Hell in other trans. -JW-> were hurled into
> the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire. (15)
> Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life was hurled
> into the lake of fire"
> -New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures
>
> Since the xtian devil supposedly lives in Hell (or Hades or whatever) he
> is also thrown into the lake of fire along with it.
>
> (Please note that even though I know my scripture, I *AM* a pagan. I was
> just raised in a xtian houshold)

Not to start an argument, but that is an interpretation of a singular
translation's interpretation. Also, King James version is not exactly
true
to the latin or to the Greek, which isn't exactly true to the Aramaic.

Evil was only an abstract through the 9th-12th century. Theologians
created a persona to go with the concept to beat the peasents over the
head with. Satan is little but a hebrew word--Shaitan--personalized
into an name. Many demons inhabit the "lower regions" of old time
Judeo-Christian mythos, but Satan (by name) wasn't one of them.

Also, calling folks minions of shaitian, would have little impact, but
give this evil the persona of a druidic fertility God, with some aspects
of Bacchus and pan, then call it "Satan King of Hell" and scare the
"hell"
out of the illiterate men, women, and especially the children. At the
same time
setting the Druids up for a fall.

In closing, it is all latter day propaganda to confirm and propagate the
Christian faith. Oh yes, that clicked something, Propaganda is a direct
derivation for the Jesuits latin words. propos and something else, that
meant, literally, say what you must to bring them to the faith, i.e.,
Propaganda.
>


Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages