Why do we sleep?

1 view

o'Mahoney

Sep 17, 2021, 11:41:42 PM9/17/21

https://aeon.co/essays/a-quantitative-theory-unlocks-the-mysteries-of-why-we-sleep

Engaging synthesis of disciplines generating new theory evidence-based
for the transition of sleep modes from formative to repair at age 2.5
years. Also discusses scaling (large -v- small animals).

Not a mention as far as I can see of dreaming which seems to be a
byproduct of downtime for repairs and maintenance.

‘That we come to this earth to live is untrue. We come but to sleep,
to dream.’
– Aztec poem