Sad Breakup

1 view

Corri

Nov 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/10/99
Hello. I've just been broken-up-with by my boyfriend of seven years. I'm in
search of some advice about prayers or ritual that will help keep my head on a
even keel here until I get a chance to catch my breath and get some self-esteem
back (since he explained at length that this is all my fault). This happened
once before (same guy, 5 years ago) and at that time I went to a VERY bad place
mentally, became completely depressed, made excellent friends with Jack
Daniels, and just generally and quietly lost control. This time I feel much
less horrible, thank goodness, but the memory of the previous time is quite
worrying. Any ideas would be very welcome. Thanks very much.....

...details delight me, ramifications enchant me, distance no object..."
Lord Peter Wimsey

wampus

Nov 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/10/99
Hi... I have a kind of "separation" ritual/magyckal working that may be
helpful... if you are truly ready for it...

Prepare for the ritual in a bath of white flower petals.... roses, daisies,
gardenias... etc. and light a white candle while bathing....
let sadness and tears flow while you bathe... and when finished.... see the
hurt drain out with the water in the bath...

Cast a circle...
invite the elementals... earth for meeting needs, air for teaching new
truths, fire for eradication of pain, and renewal, water for wisdom of the
heart.
invite the deities

Endings and Partings
engrave a black candle with a rune, sigil, or word that represents all that
you are desiring to be separated from.....
set up a mirror... to reflect the light of the black candle away from
yourself... separating you from it....
light the candle... burn an offering of remembrance, perhaps a picture.. in
the flame and chant

a time for endings is at hand
new life paths we now have planned
as flame burns the past away
let new beginnings take root this day

Cleansing and Renewal
light sage incense
infuse an item (the person i did this with used her wedding ring on the one
year anniversary of her divorce)
in the smoke and say.....

here do i hold a ___________
no longer does this represent any one or any thing
it is once again simply an object
signifying nothing
anything I, or any one else does, with this object
will have no relationship to the past representations
this ________ is now pure and clean
it holds no energies
it is neutral

Future hopes: a blessing
consecrate your heart and mind with carnation oil, (or other appropriate
oil)
and meditate on that which you do want your future to bring you.....

close the circles, thanking all who attended

EAT something!!!
smile
hope this helps
wampus
Corri <vane...@aol.com> wrote in message

francis

Nov 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/11/99
In article <19991110143824...@ng-fk1.aol.com>, Corri
<vane...@aol.com> writes

>Hello. I've just been broken-up-with by my boyfriend of seven years. I'm in
>search of some advice about prayers or ritual that will help keep my head on a
>even keel here until I get a chance to catch my breath and get some self-esteem
>back (since he explained at length that this is all my fault). This happened
>once before (same guy, 5 years ago)

First, please understand how common it is when two people break up, one
of them firmly blames the other and thinks themselves perfectly
blameless. I've heard this story so many times from people in the same
sort of situation as yourself.

Go somewhere quiet - as far away from anywhere associated with him as
you can. Stand , or sit down, and relax as far as you can. Mentally
visualise yourself closing the door fast shut on this relationship. You
cannot alter the past, but you can shape your future. Look ahead and
keep your feet well placed on the road.

May the peace and strength of the goddess and the god go with you.
--
francis freespirit