Source of Misery

Jahnu

Jan 16, 2011, 12:29:27 AM1/16/11

Krishna says:

An intelligent person does not take part in the sources of misery,
which are due to contact with the material senses. O son of Kunté,
such pleasures have a beginning and an end, and so the wise man does
not delight in them. (Bg. 5.22)

jesshc

Jan 18, 2011, 10:20:04 AM1/18/11
On Jan 15, 9:29 pm, Jahnu <jahnud...@gmail.com> wrote:

Every time you post your worthless fairy tale nonsense that not even
you believe, you succeed in convincing one more person your worthless
fairy tale nonsense is exactly that and nothing more. So good job!
Keep it up!

jahnu

Jan 18, 2011, 9:08:22 PM1/18/11
On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 07:20:42 -0800 (PST), jesshc
<jes...@phantomemail.com> whimpered:

>Every time you post your worthless fairy tale nonsense that not even
>you believe, you succeed in convincing one more person your worthless
>fairy tale nonsense is exactly that and nothing more. So good job!
>Keep it up!

Every time you respond to my posts, you reveal a reluctant fascination
you have with my superior intellect and power of reasoning. Of course,
it's not hard to be intellectuel superior to a loser like you, hehe

Krishna says:

Of all creations I am the beginning and the end and also the middle, O
Arjuna. Of all sciences I am the spiritual science of the self, and
among logicians I am the conclusive truth. (Bg. 10.32)

jesshc

Jan 25, 2011, 7:49:10 AM1/25/11
On Jan 18, 6:08 pm, jahnu <jahnud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 07:20:42 -0800 (PST), jesshc
> <jes...@phantomemail.com> whimpered:
>
> >Every time you post your worthless fairy tale nonsense that not even
> >you believe, you succeed in convincing one more person your worthless
> >fairy tale nonsense is exactly that and nothing more.  So good job!
> >Keep it up!

One more nudge towards atheism.

Jahnu

Jan 25, 2011, 9:42:52 AM1/25/11
On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 04:39:01 -0800 (PST), jesshc, slack jaw and glaced
eyes, staggered over to his keyboard and dribbled:

>One more nudge towards atheism.

In the modern Coca-cola culture people are indoctrinated into
believing that sense-enjoyment will create happiness for them. Indeed,
sense-enjoyment is the only type of happiness the population is
educated in.

Lets analyze what bodily and mental happiness is all about. Sex is
regarded by most people to be the highest form of joy available in the
world. But sex-lust and sex-enjoyment is merely an attempt to escape
the suffering it is to be without sex. It's misery to live in forced
celibacy. Anyone who has reached puberty can testify to that.

Or eating. To eat is considered to be one of life's major enjoyments.
But actually to eat is just an attempt to escape the suffering of
hunger. People of the western culture don't know what it means to
suffer from famine, but it is a great suffering experience by many
people of the world.

And that's how it is with most of the enjoyment we seek and
experience. Eating, sleeping, mating, and defending, are the four
activities that are shared by all living entities. It is four urges
the human has in common with animals, birds, and all other living
entities on the planet. In the modern world it has become the foremost
goal to fulfill and satisfy these four animalistic urges.

They have been made the standard of happiness and enjoyment in life.
What do we do together with our loved ones, our family and friends? We
eat, sleep, mate, and defend. The entire civilization revolves around
these four principles. That is an animal civilization.

A human civilization is running on a whole other different set of
principles. As a human one is expected to have a higher standard than
the animals. One is expected to have higher goals in life than the
mere chasing after basic, animal urges. In the modern Coca-cola
culture entire industries have been created to fulfill these four
needs. Billions of tons of iron are extracted from the earth to make
pots, knives, forks, plates, serviettes, cups, and glasses etc. All of
it, just to eat.

Then they have more sense in India. They are more civilized. They eat
with the fingers from a banana-leaf. In the west it is scoffed at as
primitive and back-wards, but actually it shows a higher intelligence.
No use for billions of tons of iron to make knives and forks. No dish-
washing afterwards. You just throw your banana-leaf on the compost
heap and wash your hands. How easy is that?

The fact is that the western civilization is over-consuming nature's
ressources. It is a greedy, animalistic culture, which ruins the
entire planet.

Anyway, the happiness that can be obtained by surrendering to
Krishna's enjoyment is so far superior to the happiness that one can
squeeze out of matter, that sex with the most bautiful women in the
world becomes like broken glass in comaprison.

And who is to be blamed for the fact that the modern world runs on
animal principles? Atheism. Atheism reduces the human being to nothing
more than an animal. But the human life-form is a unique opportunity
for the soul to realize his real, eternal indentity. That the soul
cannot realize in any other life-form. In other forms of life, the
soul is merely busy with eating, sleeping, mating, and defending. The
human form of life is a waste of time for the soul if it is not used
to to learn how to love Krishna.

The soul can relate to Krishna as his master, his father, his son, his
lover, or he can have a neutral relationship with Him. The point
being, that Krishna is the only center. He is the beloved of the soul.
When we love Krishna, Who is the root of everything, we automatically
love all His parts and parcels - all other living entities. It's like
watering a tree. One does not benefit the tree by pouring water on
every its every leaf and branch. Water is poured on the root. Then the
whole tree is nourished. In the same way all lving entities are
benefitted, when one loves and serves Krishna - th4e root of all
existence.

Krishna says:

This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all
secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct
perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of
religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed. (Bg. 9.2)

jess christopher

Jan 25, 2011, 10:02:49 AM1/25/11

Les Hellawell

Jan 25, 2011, 10:15:59 AM1/25/11
On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 06:42:52 -0800 (PST), Jahnu <jahn...@gmail.com>
wrote:

You are forever knocking our modern society.

Why not be positive for a while tell us your solution.

Nothing wishy washy now, just practical workable solutions
that enable us to feed and house the 7 billion people
that inhabit this planet and enable them to live fullfilled
and happy lives

Les Hellawell
Greetings from:
Yorkshire -The White Rose County

jahnu

Jan 25, 2011, 7:17:42 PM1/25/11
On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 15:15:59 +0000, Les Hellawell
<l...@fakeaddress.com> wrote:

>You are forever knocking our modern society.

Of course. It's the most short-sighted, harmful, idiotic, ignorant,
destructive society seen on the planet so far. It's part of my mission
to point it out.

>Why not be positive for a while tell us your solution.

I already did. The solution is Krishna-consciousness - to realize our
common origin, and try to satisfy HIm, instead of being absorbed in
satisfying a material body, which is rotting and dying even as we sit
in it.

>Nothing wishy washy now, just practical workable solutions
>that enable us to feed and house the 7 billion people
>that inhabit this planet and enable them to live fullfilled
>and happy lives

Oh that. Turn vegetarian. That will automatically be accomplished by
people turning towards God-consciousness. When you are God-conscious,
thus seeing all other living entities as parts and parcels of the same
whole, which means that all living entities are your brothers and
sister, then automatically you don't want to inflict suffering on
them, just so you can eat them. That will also rid society of a lot of
bad karma. Everyone will become more happy as they stop killing
animals.

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival
of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet"

-Albert Einstein

jesshc

Feb 10, 2011, 9:25:39 AM2/10/11
On Jan 25, 4:17 pm, jahnu <jahnud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 15:15:59 +0000, Les Hellawell
>
> <l...@fakeaddress.com> wrote:
> >You are forever knocking our modern society.
>
> Of

Peddle your fairy tales to the gullible.

Jahnu

Feb 10, 2011, 11:05:34 PM2/10/11
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 04:52:36 -0800 (PST), jesshc whimpered:

>Peddle your fairy tales to the gullible.

Krishna says:

My dear Arjuna, because you are never envious of Me, I shall impart to
you this most confidential knowledge and realization, knowing which
you shall be relieved of the miseries of material existence. (Bg. 9.1)

jesshc

Feb 17, 2011, 7:38:53 AM2/17/11
On Feb 10, 8:05 pm, Jahnu <jahnud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 04:52:36 -0800 (PST), jesshc whimpered:
>
> >Peddle your fairy tales to the gullible.
>
> Kris

You have no idea how pathetic you are.

jahnu

Feb 17, 2011, 9:20:05 AM2/17/11
On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 04:38:53 -0800 (PST), jesshc brayed:

>You have no idea how pathetic you are.

I'm pleased you think so. To think that you would find me a sensible
guy sends shivers down my spine.

Krishna says:

I am seated in everyone's heart, and from Me come remembrance,
knowledge and forgetfulness. By all the Vedas, I am to be known.
Indeed, I am the compiler of Vedanta, and I am the knower of the
Vedas. (Bg. 15.15)

jesshc

Feb 18, 2011, 4:43:03 PM2/18/11
On Feb 17, 6:20 am, jahnu <jahnud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 04:38:53 -0800 (PST), jesshc brayed:
>
> >You have no idea how pathetic you are.
>
> I'm pleased you think so.

You're proud of your ignorance and desperately want the world to
know. Mission accomplished.

Jahnu

Feb 19, 2011, 1:54:13 AM2/19/11
On Feb 19, 3:04 am, jesshc, slack jaw and glaced eyes, managed to
type:

> You're proud of your ignorance and desperately want the world to
> know.  Mission accomplished.

Look, you are in the Bhagavad Gita - Krishna says:

Fools deride Me when I descend in the human form. They do not know My
transcendental nature as the Supreme Lord of all that be. (Bg. 9.11)

Those who are thus bewildered are attracted by demonic and atheistic
views. In that deluded condition, their hopes for liberation, their
fruitive activities, and their culture of knowledge are all defeated.
(Bg. 9.12)

jesshc

Feb 24, 2011, 6:47:10 AM2/24/11
On Feb 18, 10:54 pm, Jahnu <jahnud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 19, 3:04 am, jesshc, slack jaw and glaced eyes, managed to
> type:
>
> > You're proud of your ignorance and desperately want the world to
> > know.  Mission accomplished.
>
> Look

The really funny thing is, you think you're accomplishing something
worthwhile.

Jahnu

Feb 24, 2011, 9:00:29 AM2/24/11
On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 03:45:21 -0800 (PST), j jesshc, slack jaw and
glaced eyes, managed to dribble:

>The really funny thing is, you think you're accomplishing something
>worthwhile.

And then you woke up...

jesshc

Feb 24, 2011, 9:12:09 AM2/24/11
On Feb 24, 6:00 am, Jahnu <jahnud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 03:45:21 -0800 (PST), j jesshc, slack jaw and
> glaced eyes, managed to dribble:
>
> >The really funny thing is, you think you're accomplishing something
> >worthwhile.
>
> And

And yet, you completely fail.

jahnu

Feb 24, 2011, 9:17:25 AM2/24/11
On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 06:12:09 -0800 (PST), jesshc whined shrilly:

>And yet, you completely fail.

Atheists like to judge the original Vedic social system according to
the values and prejudice, they have been taught in the Western culture
they grew up in. But the Vedic social system - varnashram dharma - is
to be found all over the world.

Krishna says:

According to the three modes of material nature and the work
associated with them, the four divisions of human society are created
by Me. And although I am the creator of this system, you should know
that I am yet the nondoer, being unchangeable. (Bg. 4.13)

In all human societies one can observe four types of human beings -
the worker-type (skilled or unskilled), the merchant and
business-type, the worrior and statesman-type, and the intellectual,
priest or philosopher-type.

These four human types are to be found in all societies, and the
varnashram social system, or the caste-system as it is infamously
called, is merely a scientific description and organization of these
different human types in society.

It is noteworthy, that Krishna says that the different human types are
not to be determined by birth, but by one's ability and bodily
tendency. Besides, before the Americans after WWII replaced the old
traditions with their Coca-cola and Hollywood culture, people in
Europe followed the varnashram system. The Church gave direction and
defined the moral and ethics. The king ruled and enforced. The
merchants and farmers traded, grew food, and created economy, and the
worker, artist, and musician worked and entertained.

That the Church by time became corrupt and abused its power, is a
different matter. The same thing happened in the Varnashrama social
system in India, where the brahmins began to misuse and distort the
system.

In an ideal society, the state governs in accordance with the
directions of the sages and priests. But modern society is being run
by the economy. It's the merchants who rule society and establishes
its values and norms. That's why modern society is on its way over the
brink.

Society can be likened to a body. The brahmins (the intelletual, the
philosopher, the sage, the priest, and the teacher) are the head of
the body. The Kshatriyas (the warrior, the king, the politician,
military, and police) are the arms. The vaishyas (the farmer, the
merchant, and the banker) are the belly; and the shudras (the worker,
the skilled worker, the artist, the musician, the actor, and everyone
who serves the other castes) are the legs.

The body is meant to be directed by the head. The function of the arms
is to protect the body. The stomack's function is to nourish the body
and distribute energy, and the function of the legs is to move the
body here and there.

The modern Coca-cola society is a culture that is run by the belly.
The merchants are in charge. It ought to be the head, but the modern
society is more or less head-less. Or the head is governed by money.
The present social body is bereft of a goal in life and long
term-vision. It just stumbles along according to the dictation of its
senses. Such a society, harmful and destructive as it is, naturally
won't be allowed to dominate the world for long.

Nature is quite capable of regulating herself. That's why at the
present moment, the modern western civilization is in the process of
being demolished by nature. It is too harmful and destructive to
nature and her inhabitants to be allowed to go on.

Krishna says:

This material nature, which is one of My energies, is working under My
direction, O son of Kunti, producing all moving and nonmoving beings.
Under its rule this manifestation is created and annihilated again and
again. (Bg. 9.10)

jesshc

Feb 24, 2011, 2:16:46 PM2/24/11
On Feb 24, 6:17 am, jahnu <jahnud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 06:12:09 -0800 (PST), jesshc whined shrilly:
>
> >And yet, you completely fail.
>
> At

Wrong again.

jahnu

Feb 24, 2011, 8:32:27 PM2/24/11
On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 11:16:46 -0800 (PST), jesshc whined in a shrill
voice:

> Not something to brag about.

Right. it's not much of an accomplishment to defeat a retard like you.

Krishna says:

Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O
descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion—at that
time I descend Myself. (Bg. 4.7)

To deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to
reestablish the principles of religion, I Myself appear, millennium
after millennium. (Bg. 4.8)

One who knows the transcendental nature of My appearance and
activities does not, upon leaving the body, take his birth again in
this material world, but attains My eternal abode, O Arjuna.
(Bg. 4.9)

Being freed from attachment, fear and anger, being fully absorbed in
Me and taking refuge in Me, many, many persons in the past became
purified by knowledge of Me—and thus they all attained transcendental
love for Me. (Bg. 4.10)

jesshc

Feb 25, 2011, 9:37:57 AM2/25/11
On Feb 24, 5:32 pm, jahnu <jahnud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 11:16:46 -0800 (PST), jesshc whined in a shrill
> voice:
>
> > Not something to brag about.
>
> Right.

You're so confused, you can't even keep track of which thread you're
in, let alone differentiate fairy tales from reality. And you're
actually PROUD of that, think it attracts people to your fairy tale,
and apparently don't understand that not only have I managed to get
most of the people in alt.atheism to ignore you, but that you've even
alienated people who share your belief.

I'm depending on you not understanding any of that even after having
it explained to you repeatedly. Don't disappoint.

jahnu

Feb 25, 2011, 9:47:11 AM2/25/11
On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 06:37:57 -0800 (PST), jesshc, slack jaw and glaced
eyes, dribbled:

>I'm depending on you not understanding any of that even after having
>it explained to you repeatedly. Don't disappoint.

Krishna says:

jesshc

Feb 25, 2011, 2:12:14 PM2/25/11
On Feb 25, 6:47 am, jahnu <jahnud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 06:37:57 -0800 (PST), jesshc, slack jaw and glaced
> eyes, dribbled:
>
> >I'm depending on you not understanding any of that even after having
> >it explained to you repeatedly.  Don't disappoint.

It's amazing how much influence I have over you.

jahnu

Feb 25, 2011, 6:47:23 PM2/25/11
On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:12:14 -0800 (PST), jesshc blithered:

>Thanks. Keep it up.

Krishna says:

The Supreme Lord is situated in everyone's heart, O Arjuna, and is
directing the wanderings of all living entities, who are seated as on
a machine, made of the material energy. (Bg. 18.61)

O scion of Bharata, surrender unto Him utterly. By His grace you will
attain transcendental peace and the supreme and eternal abode.
(Bg. 18.62)

Thus I have explained to you knowledge still more confidential.
Deliberate on this fully, and then do what you wish to do. (Bg. 18.63)

jesshc

Feb 28, 2011, 7:05:10 AM2/28/11
On Feb 25, 3:47 pm, jahnu <jahnud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:12:14 -0800 (PST), jesshc blithered:
>
> >Thanks.  Keep it up.

Jahny confuses itself again.

Jahnu

Feb 28, 2011, 8:48:15 AM2/28/11
On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 03:54:10 -0800 (PST), jesshc, slack jaw and glaced
eyes, staggered up to his computer and dribbled:

>Jahny confuses itself again.

jahnu

Feb 28, 2011, 9:22:47 AM2/28/11
On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 04:05:10 -0800 (PST), jesshc, slack jaw and glaced