Josette Shiner leaves Moon ?

Rich Rubasch

Oct 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/11/97

"Shiner was less eager to discuss her spiritual shift, saying it was
not relevant to her new, or even her old, job. But for years she was
among the Unification Church's most prominent members in Washington.
She did not undergo a conversion, she said, because having been reared
Catholic, "you just get received" into the Episcopal Church"."

one wonders if this is true or another Moon ploy ?

I'd like to address this one. I hope Rosa is listening.

The Unification Church, as an official Church organization, has been
dissolved
in order to create instead a family-centered international organization
by the name of Family Federation for World Peace and Unification. This
is a very
significant and telling advance in Reverend Moon's mission to bring
about
world peace through the family, and specifically, the Blessing of
Marriage.

This Blessing is the very core of Rev. Moon's mission. Period. It
always has
been, and will never change. This is very important for the world to
recognize.
That is why I believe dissolving the Unification Church is the most
significant
thing Rev. Moon has ever done. He has finally given responsibility to
the already
Blessed couples (families) to encourage others to make the same pledge
to their
spouse, family, community, country and world.

This is why it is OK for Unification members to attend worship services
at ANY
church, synogogue, temple...whatever. The purpose of ALL religions is
the same.
It is to find the destiny God has prepared for all of us...and the most
important
thing we can do is take some responsibility for getting there. This
begins in our
own family.

Rosa seems to have missed the very essence of Rev. Moon's mission. It
is simply to
build strong, determined individuals (then families) who truly fight for
God's
dominion of the world through True Love.

Why? Because THAT is the mission of the Messiah. ( I challenge you to
really read Jesus' own words and find that he raised his diciples the
same way
Rev. Moon does...without compromise or excuses, and with very clear
direction.
And sometimes, like in the Bible, that very direction handed down from
God, is the
toughest road you will ever walk.)

Richster
Honolulu

Rosa maxim

Oct 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/12/97

October 8, 1997, in
>the Style section of the Washington Post. It was written by Annie Groer
>and Ann Gerhart.

Times Are A-Changin' For Former Editor

> There are some big changes in Josette Shiner's life.
> The former Washington Times managing editor is two weeks into her
>new job as president of the advocacy group Empower America.
>And the former member of the Rev. Sun Myung Moon's Unification
>Church is 18 months into worship at Trinity Episcopal Church in
>Upperville, deep in horse country.
> Shiner, 43, said Empower America wants to reform the nation's tax
>system, help communities improve the dismal state of their public
>schools and fight religious persecution abroad.
> She's already found that rank has its privileges: She made it home
>Middleburg for dinner with husband Whitney, and their three children
>twice in two weeks, and saw one child play after-school sports.
> Instead of spending hours in story meetings and on radio, she's gone
>Harlem to make a film about public "family academy" to show that
>inner-city education can work wonders.

> Shiner was less eager to discuss her spiritual shift, saying it was
not
>relevant to her new, or even her old, job. But for years she was among
>the Unification Church's most prominent members in Washington.
>She did not undergo a conversion, she said, because having been
>reared Catholic, "you just get received" into the Episcopal Church.

Given Moon's propensity for lying to "make someone better" , one

wonders if this is true or another Moon ploy ?

Craig Maxim < rosa...@aol.com >
1 John 5:20
And we are in him who is true-even in his son Christ Jesus.
He is the true God and eternal life .

Tilman Hausherr

Oct 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/12/97

In <34407A...@lava.net>, Rich Rubasch <rich...@lava.net> wrote:

>The Unification Church, as an official Church organization, has been
>dissolved

Huh???? What's going on? Does this have to do with the 5.7 million $
that the "church" had to pay to James Kenney? Or are the numerous front
groups finally honest in acknowledging that they were doing Moon's job
all the time?

Tilman

--
Tilman Hausherr ** Inventor of the "Driving Principle" **
til...@berlin.snafu.de http://www.snafu.de/~tilman/faq-you/moonies.txt

"What I don't understand is how anyone can take
seriously a newspaper that is controlled (...) by the agents of a
foreign government. No one would take them seriously if it was
Bangladesh. No one would take them seriously if it was France."
(WP's Ben Bradlee about the Washington Times)

HRobin153

Oct 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/12/97

In article <346394bd....@news.snafu.de>, til...@berlin.snafu.de
(Tilman Hausherr) writes:

>In <34407A...@lava.net>, Rich Rubasch <rich...@lava.net> wrote:
>
>>The Unification Church, as an official Church organization, has been
>>dissolved
>
>Huh???? What's going on? Does this have to do with the 5.7 million $
>that the "church" had to pay to James Kenney? Or are the numerous front
>groups finally honest in acknowledging that they were doing Moon's job
>all the time?
>
>Tilman

While you were out riding in your fast car,
the Providence moved up a notch.
Hamm
my brothers, father's not naked; he be clothed in the glory of God

Tilman Hausherr

Oct 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/16/97

>Huh???? What's going on? Does this have to do with the 5.7 million $
>that the "church" had to pay to James Kenney? Or are the numerous front
>groups finally honest in acknowledging that they were doing Moon's job
>all the time?

As there was no response, I assume we can now celebrate this as the
first ever "Moonie troll" post.

TH