Seagull Salmon

David Dalton

Oct 30, 2022, 2:52:20 PM10/30/22
Note that Seagull Salmon in Irish is Bradán Faoileán.

From my Salmon on the Thorns title you might think
I want the name Salmon (Bradán) but from my
Luthien Seagull incident
https://www.nfld.com//~dalton/luthien.html
I am more inclined to take the name Seagull (Faoileán,
or perhaps the Beothuk word for gull if it is known).

But note that

brain damage

can be juggled to

I Bradán mage

:-)

DRD

"I'm on my way/And I must flag the last train down"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x0jjvslUuY (Bill Bourne - Baggins)

David Dalton

Oct 30, 2022, 10:54:11 PM10/30/22
In article <dalton-1A8128....@news.eternal-september.org>,
David Dalton <dal...@nfld.com> wrote:

> Note that Seagull Salmon in Irish is Bradán Faoileán.
>
> From my Salmon on the Thorns title you might think
> I want the name Salmon (Bradán) but from my
> Luthien Seagull incident
> https://www.nfld.com//~dalton/luthien.html
> I am more inclined to take the name Seagull (Faoileán,
> or perhaps the Beothuk word for gull if it is known).
>
> But note that
>
> brain damage
>
> can be juggled to
>
> I Bradán mage
>
> :-)
>
> DRD

Also Fintan was the original Irish Salmon, and was
referenced by Amergin and Fionn and I think Gwion (Taliesin).

And, along with those Celtic avatar types I also discuss
the Iowa Dakota Salmon youth on my Salmon on the Thorns
webpage.

David Dalton

Oct 31, 2022, 12:06:04 AM10/31/22
> Note that Seagull Salmon in Irish is Bradán Faoileán.
>
> From my Salmon on the Thorns title you might think
> I want the name Salmon (Bradán) but from my
> Luthien Seagull incident
> https://www.nfld.com//~dalton/luthien.html
> I am more inclined to take the name Seagull (Faoileán,
> or perhaps the Beothuk word for gull if it is known).

According to

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beothuk_language

In Beothuk,

gull is asson