Inuit Music on Reclaimed (CBC radio show)

David Dalton

Nov 18, 2021, 10:16:52 PM11/18/21
"Reclaimed is a weekly series on CBC Radio that explores the
many worlds of contemporary Indigenous music from traditional
songs and acoustic sounds to Native hip-hop, R&B, and the
dancefloor-filling beats of electric powwow."

Past episodes are available at

https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-184-reclaimed

and the one labelled Nov. 17, 2021 (though it is being
rebroadcast tonight and I think again on the weekend)
is on Inuit Music, so I have posted this to alt.culture.inuit
though also to other groups since it and the other
episodes listed may be of interest to them.

The show features not only music from Turtle Island
(North America) but also music from indigenous
cultures from around the world.

“‘You could lay down your head by a sweet river bed/But Sonny
always remembers what it was his Mama said” (Ron Hynes)