Tanya's story

Tilman Hausherr

Oct 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/27/97

At the press conference about human rights and religious freedom
violations by scientology I took notes when Tanya spoke. Tanya is the
girl who escaped from Saint Hill and she was one of the people who spoke
on the podium. She is now 18 but she looks like a child.

- One of her jobs was to open mail and to check it for money or for
relatives that are anti-scientology

- Her superior was a 13 year old girl named "Lilly".

- She did recruit other children. She is very sad and feels guilty that
she did that.

- She and Lilly had to wear make-up to look older, because customers
were wondering

- Her schedule starts at 7:15 and goes to 24:00. This was first
disputed, then confirmed by scientology. The schedule is the same for
children then for adults. In practice the schedule was even longer,
especially on Wednesday evening. (Guess why!!)

- She wanted to leave. She then had to do physical labor until she
stopped wanting to leave.

- She had a breakdown. She wanted to leave immediately. She was locked
up with paper and a pen. She should write up her "sins".

- She felt she did not have the power to resist, so she did what was
asked.

- She then gradually made up a story about her dad. "He does not feel
very well" ; "He feels worse" ; "Daddy is badly ill"; "Daddy is very
very ill and I need to visit him"

- In the sec check she fooled the e-meter by thinking about nice things.
This was easy, because she was thinking about a future outside
scientology.

- She went to Germany. She contacted a reporter who put her in touch
with Ursula Caberta. At first she was scared of Caberta, thought that
she is a fanatic, would use her, etc (based on scientology's
propaganda). But she noticed that Caberta is really nice and just wants
her to feel better. She is like a mother to her.

- She went back to Saint Hill to get her school papers, some evidence
and also to try to get Lilly out. She had with her phone# of embassy,
police, etc.

- Scientology got suspicious after a few days that she had not packed
out her bags.

- She called Caberta and left. She was helped by the German Embassy and
the UK police. The UK police has been lied to in the past: when people
leave, scientology claims that these people are "unstable", "ill", etc.
This happened very often. Now the police ask the people who leave if
they "want" to be found.

- Tanya is living in Germany (Hamburg area). She gets telephone and mail
terror. She is financially supported by a non-profit foundation (she did
not tell the name) and goes to school and has found new friends.

- Her dad filed a criminal complaint about "child withdrawal".

- She talked with her dad and he said that he would not talk to her
because she left scientology.

- She was not able to get Lilly out.

--
Tilman Hausherr [KoX, SP4]
til...@berlin.snafu.de http://www.snafu.de/~tilman/#cos

Resistance is futile. You will be enturbulated. Xenu always prevails.

Find broken links on your web site with "Xenu's Link Sleuth":
http://www.snafu.de/~tilman/xenulink.html

Cornelius Krasel

Oct 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/27/97

Tilman Hausherr <til...@berlin.snafu.de> wrote:
> At the press conference about human rights and religious freedom
> violations by scientology I took notes when Tanya spoke.

I wish I had been there :-(

> - In the sec check she fooled the e-meter by thinking about nice things.
> This was easy, because she was thinking about a future outside
> scientology.

:-)

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany email: pha...@rzbox.uni-wuerzburg.de SP4 */
/* "Science is the game we play with God to find out what His rules are." */

Xenu Mania

Oct 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/28/97

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Tilman Hausherr wrote:

> At the press conference about human rights and religious freedom

> violations by scientology I took notes when Tanya spoke. Tanya is the
> girl who escaped from Saint Hill and she was one of the people who spoke
> on the podium. She is now 18 but she looks like a child.
>

> ...(snip)

> - She went to Germany. She contacted a reporter who put her in touch
> with Ursula Caberta. At first she was scared of Caberta, thought that
> she is a fanatic, would use her, etc (based on scientology's
> propaganda). But she noticed that Caberta is really nice and just wants
> her to feel better. She is like a mother to her.

This illustrates why scientologists are afraid to speak out. They are led
to believe that the real world is much worse than what they have. Good
reason not to irrationally flame scientologists.

> - She talked with her dad and he said that he would not talk to her
> because she left scientology.

Thanks for posting this, Tilman. When I was in the sea org, Scientology
had me disconnect from my father. After I got out, my father told me he
had written me some letters, which I had never receieved. I'm happy for
Tanya, now that she's out. Now she has a chance.

Joe Cisar

reply to: iy...@cleveland.freenet.edu Xenu Mania
http://www.innernet.net/joecisar/conmenu.htm
The biggest men with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the
smallest men with the smallest minds. Think big anyway.

Tilman Hausherr

Oct 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/28/97

In <34785e9e...@news.snafu.de>, til...@berlin.snafu.de (Tilman
Hausherr) wrote:

>- Her schedule starts at 7:15 and goes to 24:00. This was first

Gerry pointed out that 7:15 is "breakfast". They have to get up first
and get their bed done - so they sleep even less.

TH